[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does this fucker do it? No matter how shitty the show gets,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: daniel ingram.jpg (395KB, 1064x708px) Image search: [Google]
daniel ingram.jpg
395KB, 1064x708px
How does this fucker do it? No matter how shitty the show gets, the quality is always immediately skyrockets when a song plays. For over half a decade, he consistently put out quality songs that vary in tone, tempo, and genre. He even makes shit like Magical Mystery Cure and the Equestria Girls movies watchable. If Ingram and Larson teamed up to make their own show, it would most certainly rival FiM at its peak.
>>
>>29890889
At this point, Daniel is the best part of the show.
>If Ingram and Larson teamed up to make their own show, it would most certainly rival FiM at its peak.
Add AKR to the mix and it would be everything I ever loved in FIM.
>>
>>29890889
desu if it wasn't for him and the show being so heavily into singing in the first season I wouldn't be here.
It's so rare to get good songs in cartoons too, there's only a handful of people capable of writing that shit.
I really hope he keeps succeeding.
>>
>>29891180
Definitely. The songs were what got me on this ride. I joined in the Summer after season 1 premiered, so the first episode I saw was The Best Night Ever. As soon as they started singing At The Gala, I was hooked.
>>
>>29890889
He's a great guy. I prefer the earlier songs in the show, though that's likely due to nostalgia. You hit the nail on the head with the variation of the music; it's insane how broad in scope his talents are. Once MLP is done I hope he lands another great gig, dude deserves it. I like how he's always been gracious as well.

Shame he's one of the few old-guard left on the show.
>>
>>29890889
I hope he gets an award for the movie.
>>
>>29891282
He recently got a gig doing music for a cartoon on Netflix. Don't know the name though
>>
File: Daniel 'The Madman' Ingram.png (151KB, 1852x852px) Image search: [Google]
Daniel 'The Madman' Ingram.png
151KB, 1852x852px
>>29890889
Obligatory post
>>
File: gross.jpg (249KB, 1195x1413px) Image search: [Google]
gross.jpg
249KB, 1195x1413px
>>29891285
And the award for best original song goes to Sia !
>>
>>29890889
Both him and Anderson are god-sent for this show. Ingram's style changed over time but he still delivers massively every time, and Anderson's BGM always sets up the mood. Songs can salvage everything (EQG as a prime example) and some episodes like Amending Fences and Made in Manehattan wouldn't be the same without the sound/BGM direction this good. MLP got really lucky with these guys.
>>
>>29891386
NO
O
>>
>>29891394
You know it's going to happen.
>>
>>29891386
Best RR song was Bad Counterspell
>>
>A Changeling Can Change
>The feels were strong in this one
>I could even forgive the obvious animation dupe
>>
One of my favourite things about him is how he was able to blend razzle dazzle and the magic inside together.
Without razzle dazzle as context the magic inside just comes across as tryhard. With that context it becomes incredibly heartfelt.

Sadly that is why the magic inside had no chance of winning an award. No judge was going to watch razzle dazzle for that needed content.
>>
The one thing to stay good throught this generation was sound design. The goddamn Winter Wrap Up never fails to hit me in the autism, while even such shitty moments like Faggot Deer transformation from S6 finale could randomly get me on my feet with the sfx. Seriously, if you haven't paid attention to it, watch that part again. The 20 seconds or so with the cocoon popping at the start, and symphonic bgm at the end. Made the whole scene feel that much more right before you noticed the new changelings
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.