[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's do the Mr. Plinkett thing on Starlight Glimmer. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 14

File: Starlight_Glimmer_2.png (198KB, 1024x1126px) Image search: [Google]
Starlight_Glimmer_2.png
198KB, 1024x1126px
Let's do the Mr. Plinkett thing on Starlight Glimmer.

I want you to describe Starlight Glimmer without mentioning her color scheme or the fact that she was the S5 villain.

Go ahead.
>>
>>29886509
Twilight Sparkle's student?
>>
>>29886509
>very powerful
>…
and that's all I've got.
>>
>>29886509
A character I really, really, really, really, really don't like.

I really, really, really, really, really, REALLY wish she'd leave already.
>>
>>29886513
What about personality, distinctive traits etc.?
>>
>>29886525
For a while she was all ashamed of her past and now she is more confident after saving the day in the last episodes.
She is still ashamed of her past though.
>>
>>29886525
Pre-reformation or post?
>>
>>29886546
Post, since we got 4 eps of her pre and like 10 eps of her post.
>>
>>29886544
So sort of like Sunset Shimmer, right?
And why did we need another Sunset Shimmer?
>>
File: Trixie_ID_S6E6.png (413KB, 686x706px) Image search: [Google]
Trixie_ID_S6E6.png
413KB, 686x706px
OK, now what about Trixie?

Describe her without mentioning her color scheme or the fact that she was a villain.
>>
>>29886578
Smug cunt that barks but doesn't bite when it comes to doing shit and shit gets real
>>
>>29886509
Best pony
>>
>>29886509
So anyway, here we have a unicorn that's really powerful. I mean, she's about the same level as Twilight Sparkle, so you know this bitch has got some great magic abilities. Fittingly enough she's also Twiggle's student. She hangs out in the castle or with her best friend Trixie.

>>29886578
Speaking of Trixie, let's talk about her for a second. She's also a unicorn, but nowhere near as powerful with her magic as Starlight or Twinkie. She's getting better at it, though. Anyway, Trixie's a bit of an arrogant douche, and she's also really dense. Really, really dense. I think a train full of exploding fireworks could go by her and she wouldn't know it, she's so dense.
Still, at the end of the day she's got her heart in the right place and IS a good friend to Starlight.
>>
>>29886559
Intelligent, skilled with magic (to the point of innovation), eager to learn, unsure of herself yet a natural-born leader, afraid to disappoint mentors, kindhearted, passionate, temperamental at times... She seems to be levelheaded about most things, but the possibility of failure or disappointing those she looks up to can make her irrational. And she often seems to seek an easier, magic-based solution to problems, so maybe she's overconfident in her magical ability—or at least her capacity to control situations at all times. That's one thing about her since her reformation, actually, is how she fluctuates between needing total control (pre-ref) and yet not wanting to be thrust into a position of leadership/become totalitarian again (post-ref). Probably causes some uncomfortable dissonance inside her.

She's actually got a lot in common with Twilight.
>>
>>29886585
>>29886630
>>29886544
>>29886522

OK, so we got
- Trixie: arrogant, smug, but a scaredy cat when the going gets tough.
- Starlight: powerful; Twilight's student.

See the difference? Trixie actually has a PERSONALITY, like the Mane 6, like Big Mac and Granny Smith, Maud Pie, Celestia and Luna, Harshwhinny, Tree Hugger and lots of others. Starlight DOES NOT.

They both feel guilty about having been a villain, so that's not a difference. Besides, that trope has been used so much before in MLP (Luna, Discord, Trixie, Sunset) that it doesn't have much impact anymore.
>>
>>29886697
>personality
See
>>29886677
>>
>>29886697
Celestia also doesn't have a fucking personality
I blame the stupid suits writing the show always and forever
>>
>>29886677
Welp, you posted that as I was composing
>>29886697
and I think you have some fair points, but I still don't find those to be strong or distinctive personality traits. You're more describing what she's done in the past.
>>
>>29886523
She is the reboot, and will clearly be moving forward as the main character as part of a serious shift to discuss morality and forgiveness.
>>
File: masturboop.png (234KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
masturboop.png
234KB, 600x600px
>>29886569
Who the fuck is S*nshit Shitter?
Your OC?
Keep that out of canon discussion.
>>
>>29886509
>>
>>29886779
You're saying she was in the EG universe and that somehow is totally separate?
>>
File: disco glim.gif (621KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
disco glim.gif
621KB, 1000x563px
>>29886795
Are we not discussing ponies?
Shitty not canon barbies have literally NOTHING to do with ponies
I've said it before and I'll say it again
Shitterfags should be utterly BANNED from discussing, because they always force in their irrelevant unhooved garbage waifu when she has no place in FiM
>>
>>29886809
Sunset Shimmer is as canon as Pinkie Pie.
>>
>>29886809
Who's saying she's their waifu?
I'm just saying that Starlight Glimmer is like a recap of what they did with several villains before, most notably Sunset Shimmer (even the names are very similar).
>>
>>29886809
My daughter loves all the pony peoples.

Of course they're cannon.
>>
>>29886509
A rather neurotic pony who matured issues in her childhood due to her only friend leaving her side because of his superior talent, which led her to rationalize her inferiority complex into the self-imposed conviction that equality is the best principle to build communities on; who was challenged in her totalitarian ways by a living counterexample to her ideology, which she took offense with, and tried to exact vengeance on; who eventually came to accept their mode of being and legitimately tried to integrate it in herself, despite herself; which she managed to a sufficient degree after much struggle, earning the pride of her mentor and some confidence that came therewith, although she knows she has still a long way to go before she can be comfortable with the character she's building for herself.

I can't be bothered to re-read this, hope this makes an iota of sense.
>>
File: fast glimmer.jpg (78KB, 1280x713px) Image search: [Google]
fast glimmer.jpg
78KB, 1280x713px
>>29886813
>Shitterfags actually believe this
>>29886815
Lmao my lad, S*nshit is NOT a FiM character AT ALL
How can Starlight be a recap of something that doesn't even exist in the same universe?
As I said before, if you want to discuss FiM then keep not canon, not pony garbage out of it
>>
>>29886829
I'm not saying you're wrong, but you've basically just described her (4-ep) S5 character arc. Since then she's been pretty static.
I like her fine as a reformed villain, but I think that reformed Starlight is just too bland to be a central character.
That said, people on this thread have convinced me that there are some things (her magical power, her struggle to not control others) that could be the basis of some more episodes when appearing as an occasional character.
>>
>>29886509
she is SHIT
>>
>>29886509
massive mary sue, everything that has ever been wrong with this show manifested as a pony
>>
File: 1483746905810.png (91KB, 619x616px) Image search: [Google]
1483746905810.png
91KB, 619x616px
>>29886677

this is a good post
>>
Alright, we already got two Twilight foils out of the way

Describe Sunset Shimmer without mentioning color scheme or her role as the lead villain in the first movie
>>
>>29888935
Non-canon
>>
>>29886834
How many layers of irony are you on right now. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. It's like watching a couple of preschoolers arguing about who's action figure is cooler.
>glimmer is better than shimmer
>>
File: IMG_1183.png (345KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1183.png
345KB, 500x345px
>>29886509
Shes the opposite of Trixie
>Starlight is great at magic and friendship "studies" but acts like she isn't, she's embarrassed by it also wishing for praise and attention when she doesn't need it, she is greatful but feels odd that Twilight trusts her

>Trixie is shit at magic and friendship completely oblivious and shitty, acts high and mighty barely able to admit that "Even Trixie's made mistakes" she's embarrassed by her lack of skill and looks for attention because she needs it, she is jealous of Twilight and feels like she should be trusted by her

They are literally writing the same type of archetype's as Naruto and Sasuke, but with the twist that they're friends with each other because they share the connection of fucking with Twilight and her friends and wish for redemption.
>>
>Starlight Glimmer
A socially awkward nerd suffered a psychological trauma in her childhood who is now mostly recovered and is learning how the world works. Tends to treat problems like missions and gets easily carried away after focusing on finding the solution for them.
Fascinated by magic. Seems to be pretty bad in magical theory and in learning by the book, but is actually very talented, natural and creative.
As of now made huge progress in common pony relationships and understanding others and herself.
>Trixie
A genuine egoist who is likely to be the only child terribly spoiled by her parents. Likely had her huge ego taken down a notch at some point of her life, thus developing an inferiority complex. As a result was searching for ways of self-affirmation which she found in doing "magic" shows. Ended up being pretty talented and well suited for the job. As a result, her ego got boosted even higher than before, making her encounter with Twilight pretty much traumatizing.
Has a lot of real-life experience but the most of it came from a weird viewpoint of a show-maker.
>Sunset Shimmer
An aspiring student who was surrounded by Celestia's attention and became a bit too obsessive of her. Had genuinely missed the reason she had got that attention to begin with and assumed it was related to her magical power. As a result became power-hungry and lost connection with the world becoming a lonely person only moved by her goals and ideals. When she had them proven wrong, she ended up being nothing more but a lost child seeking for help and not knowing what to do.
As of now, she went past her regrets and embraced the change without denying herself. Her unhealthy dedication to a purpose was redirected towards a pretty healthy idea of sustaining her new friendships which became her new reason to live.
Never used to think about herself - always focuses on other priorities. Cares deeply about others and doesn't want them to repeat her mistakes.
>>
>>29891001
Bonus:
If robbed of their friends, current life and thrown away:
Starlight will go insane.
Trixie will fall into depression but is likely to recover from it (unless she'll accidently murder herself doing a trick)
Sunset is likely to commit suicide.
>>
>>29886578

Best Pony
>>
>>29891005
>will go insane.
Nah, probably fall back into darkness
>>
Shimmer is a bad character the second movie salvaged. Third movie was a waste.

Glimmer is everything wrong with Miller. Shitty OC shilled at the expense of good storytelling, character, and logic.

If you like Glimmer, you're either too stupid to see what's wrong with her or too pathetic to care.

Yes, I said it. Go on, cry because I said it. Cry and claim I'm "Treating my opinion like it's a fact". Claim I'm "Refusing to listen to conflicting arguments", as if you actually have any. And go on, 4chan user butthurt because I insulted your favourite pony, claim I'm the one taking ponies too seriously.
>>
>>29891001
>Starlight Shimmer
Twilight knockoff with no real character beyond shit
>Trixie
Has actual character and had potential to be better than any twilight clone could ever possibly be
>>
>>29891597
>Guess who hates the show and movies: the post
>>
>>29891660
No, he's right. Trixie contrasts well with most of the mane characters, while still being her own character. Starlight is what a retarded communist/sjw tumblrite's first OC would look like after getting turned into a villain in someone else's fic... after that someone fell in love with the psycho and wanted her "redeemed". What's left for this character, now that her reason to be on the show is gone? There's a reason why The Master and Frank Horrigan didn't join your party after you talked them down.

Then remember that what Starlight did was worse and she had worse motivations for doing it.

Then ask if "Redeemed Starlight" really deserves redemption. How many ponies died in the war timeline? The Wasteland timeline? The Changeling timeline? This pony didn't reveal herself, she just got forgiven. Over and over and over. Because from Jim "I have no idea what I'm doing" Miller's perspective, everything is fine and anyone who notices any flaws is just a mean old critic and fucking brony. And he doesn't make the show for them, he makes it for "The little girls that love it".

So tell me, Glimmer fans... Why do you enjoy being treated like a little girl?
>>
>>29886509
Commie.
>>
>>29890940
I mean we are technically talking about toys here
>>
>>29886509

>>29883544
Starlight is someone who needs friends but doesn't know the right ways to keep them.
>>
>>29891803
Actually, >>29883618
>>
File: 1475373039545.gif (50KB, 511x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475373039545.gif
50KB, 511x480px
>>29886509

Charismatic
Anxious
Well-Meaning
Gifted
Uncertain
Emotional
Naive

You may not like her but if you're trying to make a the point that she is not a well-developed character then you don't have much to stand on.
>>
>>29886509
WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
>>
>>29892408
/thread. The haters can eat shit, and they will.
>>
>>29892408
>Projecting this hard

Show me some instances of her "Charisma" post-"Redemption, delusionfag. Show me some instances where she was anything more than an out-of-place Mary Sue OC Miller is willing to bend the world around.

Then justify her actions and story-breaking power level. I know you can't do any of these things, and you won't try, but it seems I need to remind you of this. Again.

Didn't we already have this thread? Didn't you already break out the childish insults after over six fucking posts of "I don hafta justifa myself to u!"?
>>
>>29886813
HHAHAHAHA I will watch you bleed out after I cut your throat
>>
You want me to describe Glimmer without mentioning her status as a S5 villain or colour scheme? I could do what fats mcgee and the retard three are doing in this thread, choosing a bunch of positive words and stretching them to fit this pony, or I could compare her to a pony that didn't get "Redeemed".

Tirek:
is an ugly monster born evil and destined to be evil
tried to destroy the world because hes evil, but his brother turned good, and he was defeated and sent to tartarus
he got out
nonlethally drained magic from ponies
just wanted to feel special, powerful, confident and loved
tried to destroy the world again, and lost
like a bitch
also turned discord to the dark side and betrayed him when he got strong enough to do so.
never did any of the evil stuff discord or starlight or chrysalis did.
Overall rating: Just a big violent dumbass born that way.

1/3.
>>
AND THEN THERE'S...

Starlight:
is a normal unicorn with a good friend and what seems like a nice village. Wish I grew up in a place that nice.
has incredible magical power just because someone thought itd be cool. Really, just because someone thought it'd be cool. It doesn't fit her character, and detracts from her motives. It makes her look like a hypocritical buttmad that people other than her get to be good at stuff despite her born-perfect status.
lost said childhood friend when he moved away to be somepony, leaving her behind
forgot what letters were
got butthurt
bawwwd
dedicated her life to a crusade against not just magic or unicorns or celestias school, but the very concepts of individuality, free will, ability and talent themselves
created a thought-controlling communofascist cult to spread her goals and give her an excuse to leech off her mindslaves
gave her townsponies a fate arguably worse than death
violated ponies on a level not previously thought possible, considering cutie marks are the very culminations of a ponys destiny, personality, skill, and being
the ones that survived her reign without killing themselves or being executed for being wrongthinkers wait, thats a headcanon
told twilight to shut up
tried to brainwash the mane six, heroes of fucking equestria
one of whom is an alicorn, so thats probably illegal
had her ideology disproven by the heroes shonen-style. If she was redeemable, shed be redeemed now, not in a later episode.
ran away like a bitch

2/3
>>
3/4
Fucked with the timeline
multiple times
caused hundreds if not thousands of deaths in the war timeline
caused countless deaths in the chrysalis timeline
caused incalculable deaths in so many fucking timelines holy shit what is wrong with glimmer fanboys, her kill score is probably higher than hitlers at this point
only "Turned good" when Twilight showed her the devastation her fucking with the timeline caused, breaking her "Everything I do is right because Im perfect" defense and breaking her.
Note: If you believe in the Many Worlds theory, all those alternate timelines are still existing at the same time and still suffering thanks to Starlights actions, which she has shown no real remorse for. Soldiers dying in the crystal war, freedom fighters killed by Nightmare Moon, ponies suffering under her rule, the ponies in Chrysalis universe that sacrificed themselves to save Twilight now suffering like only the last members of a defeated resistance can, and so on, these are all still happening while Glimmer gets cake and friendship in the timeline were watching. Celestia and Luna are still getting tormented by Discord and the world is still a smoldering wreck, likely created by a broken Celestia that was 8000% done with the shit her world had become. If you dont believe in the Many Worlds theory, then every time Glimmer screwed with the timeline, everyone you know and love died by getting erased from existence, their reality getting replaced by a new, worse reality every time the timeline was changed. This also means everypony except Twilight and Glimmer post-Timeglimmening are not the ponies you know and love, because those ones were erased by Glimmer and their replacements likely had their lives altered in some tiny way by the butterfly effect.
>>
Supposedly turned good but remained evil and shitty, seeing nothing wrong with her actions and finding it exhausting that everypony hasnt forgiven her already (Even early-show Korra wasnt this bad)
brainwashed the mane five because their free thought was triggering her and they were pointing holes in her orders when she wanted to speedrun friendship to impress Twilight. mindrape like this is also probably illegal
Got over her "I dont want to be the leader ever again! I dont understand why I do bad things but I do understand that I make a terrible leader!" almost instantly because the writers realized this was a potential avenue for depth and/or character development, and flaws that matter are for ponies not named Suelight.
failed to properly laser/use magic on chrysalis, letting her get away for no reason at all.
Never really learns from her mistakes and doesnt really know what actual morality is.
Is shilled like theres no tomorrow and shoved down our throats again and again by bad writers and a worse director, usually at the expense of good storytelling and logic.
Overall rating: Technically worse than hitler, since her kill assist count is higher. Also a massive sue, rather than a cool villain. I always wanted Trixie back and I always wanted a seventh mane six member but NOT LIKE THIS!

Also,
>dedicated her life to a crusade against not just magic or unicorns or celestias school, but the very concepts of individuality, free will, ability and talent themselves
If Glimmer fans had these things, they would understand why this pony is hated by people smarter than them, and what it says when their only defenses are delusions, "Well she's canon so there!", "Ironic" shitposting, and bursting out into duh-huh-huhing. Go on, kid, tell me I'm "Caring about poni too much", tell me a pony triggered me. Tell me that's what's going on here. Or, better yet, you could tell yourself that's what's going on here and stop posting. If you're shallower than Glammy, why are you here?
>>
>>29893314
>>29893330
>>29893337
Autism
>>
>>29893361
>>29893337
>>29893330
>>29893314

This is what mental illness looks like.

>>29893286
ITT, people who don't know what a 'Mary Sue' is.
>>
>>29893362
>>29893369
Found the glimfags! Did I hurt you, little boys? You're probably telling yourself I'm "Mad" and you therefore win... But nah, I stole this shit off some antiglimmer post. I'm not Ace, but I hear she's awesome!
>>
>>29891005
Starlight only has one friend, I don't think she would do anything.
>>
File: 1492279758454.png (245KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
1492279758454.png
245KB, 600x340px
>>29886509
Troubled, autistic horse trying to become a friendship expert by beating her head against the same brick walls as her mentor, only all her friends are sociopaths and she's got abandonment issues like a goddamn puppy.
>>
>>29886509
She is a pony who has trouble with social interaction that hopes to improve herself. She can only get it through her odd couple of friends who have the same problem and don't realise it. She's the closest thing to a voice of reason in her group of friends (and she has to try and figure it out as the season goes along).
>>
File: large.png (557KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
557KB, 1280x720px
>>29893286

Are you trolling or stupid? There's a fucking season-ending two-parter about her ability to successfully lead a group. In both pre and post redemption she's practically a paragon of charisma.
>>
>>29886509
A recovering sociopathic cult leader that legitimately wants to be a good pony, but who is trying to understand that you can't just mind control problems away. Keeps up an air of normalcy because she feels that nobody would ever be able to understand if she got even the least bit mad or upset at something.
>>
File: pinochet glim.png (190KB, 1493x1300px) Image search: [Google]
pinochet glim.png
190KB, 1493x1300px
>>29891732
Not anymore, lad
>>
>>29891005
Sunset is a strong person, and more than a little persistent. I doubt she'd do that. Remember, she's had to start her life over from scratch before.
>>
>>29886509
She’s like Eddie Brock, before we knew her as we do now she was nobody, now she’s a fucking monster and its great.
>>
>>29894163
The trouble with having a mental condition is that you can't tell which of your problems are normal and which ones aren't. From that perspective, it's hard to guess the difference between reasonable and unreasonable anger. It's a bit like being partially colorblind.
>>
>>29894130
A tard like you probably wouldn't understand this, but saying "No fighting" a few times and getting a bunch of shitty OCs on the same page does not require charisma. It requires being the main character, and that's it.
>>
>>29894572
>>29893412
^^RETARD^^
>>
shes got some extreme social anxiety from what ive seen
>>
>>29886509
Starlight Glimmer is the most disappointing thing to ever come out of the My Little Pony franchise since my son.
>>
>>29894376
>Sunset is a strong person
She's a dedicated and selfless person. She lives for a purpose. She managed to start over from scratch because she was given a new purpose right away. If she were to be robbed of this purpose once again and won't get immediate support right away - I doubt she'll recover that easily. Or possibly, at all.
>>
>>29886509
Her voice is absolutely perfect.

I love it so much.
>>
Kaldor Draigo as a pony
>>
>>29886509
A wizard near the peak of her casting potential working toward being more normal in a world that sees her as awkward and intrusive. She seeks acceptance and friendship, but can be overbearing in the acquisition of both.
>>
>>29888935
she can read people's minds as a way of fixing a plot that couldn't otherwise be wrapped up in an hour and a half lol
>>
>>29894948
Your son came out of the MLP franchise?
>>
>>29895346
Wizard is masculine
>>
>>29895405

What? No it isn't.
>>
>>29895416
Wizards are men. Women are witches
>>
>>29893299
Looks like we got a real badass over here.
>>
>>29895423
Witch is negative. Properly she's an archmage
>>
>>29895434
Archmage is a top wizard, you dumb cunt
>>
>>29895423

No, that's harry potter, which goes against pretty much every other media in this regard.

Wizards practice magic through study
Sorcerers weave it through force of will
Witches and Warlocks get their powers from extra planar beings

>>29895434
Archmage is more of a title like Warlord or Master Sergeant.
>>
File: 1299988084160.png (36KB, 165x232px) Image search: [Google]
1299988084160.png
36KB, 165x232px
>>29886509
anger issues?
strong?
on parole? (wait that goes back to the villain thing, fuck)
>>
>>29886509
Wow!
>>
>>29895467
So she's a sorcereress?
>>
>Ctrl+F
>"Poochie"
>0 results
One. Job.
>>
>>29897244
Because she's objectively not a poochie. A poochie is someone who is shoehorned into a previously established group dynamic and messes up the whole thing. Glimmer meanwhile isn't part of the mane 6, she's a part of her own posse and is only connected to the mane 6 through her tutelage under Twilight.

This is made evident in No Second Prances where she, to Twilight, refers to the other 5 as "your" friends, not "our" friends.
>>
>>29898031
I wish they'd cut her off Twilight sooner. Starlight is in her element with Trixie and Discord. As soon as they stopped pretending she fits into the M6 she started to shine.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.