[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>new writers don't watch the show >new writers know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (41KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 400x225px
>new writers don't watch the show
>new writers know nothing about established canon/backstory
>MMC was in the first half of the series so new writers probably don't know how Twilight ascended or even that she was ever a unicorn

It's only a matter of time before we see a flashback showing baby/filly Twilight with wings.
>>
>>29884004
Speaking as a non-regular who only dropped by for S7 hype.
That's positively ridiculous. Breathe deep & calm down. If this tier of tinfoilhattery is commonplace nowadays on this board maybe consider taking a sabbatical.
>>
>>29884004
did you forget about moondancer episode?
>>
>>29884048
That was two seasons ago
>>
File: imaeg.jpg (28KB, 326x341px) Image search: [Google]
imaeg.jpg
28KB, 326x341px
>>29884004
I'm more fearful they'll do it to a flashback to a moment from an actual episode.

And given that since S4 that they (the animators at the very least) don't care about maintaining consistency with what happens (Maud being at Pinkie getting her CM, for instance), made worse with Twilight going off to Ponyville lacking a horn and not sulking about being sent to oversee organisations instead of being told to stop Nightmare Moon, it's very likely.
>>
>>29884078
>lacking a horn
What?
>>
>>29884086
In the flashback showing her going off to Ponyville in the chariot, in yesterday's episode.
>>
>>29884098
Oh shit I didn't catch that
>>
>>29884098
that has more to do with DHX being rushed than them forgetting twilight has a horn.
>>
>>29884130
I don't know, Hasbro micromanaging and doubling down on appendage removal when being forced to see Twilight without wings is something you could expect.

And how do you know they were rushed?
>>
>>29884142
Jimbo said they were rushed because they were working on S6 and S7 at the same time.
>>
>>29884044
Your face is ridiculouse when you watch the show and pretend you like it.
>>
>>29884004
>new writers don't watch the show
I keep hearing this, but I can't imagine it's true.

If I can find the time to watch the show in it's entirety over the course of a few months, why can't these people take a day or 2 to marathon it?
>>
>>29884078
The Maud thing isn't inconsistency, its a retcon. A good one too...Maud's an amazing character.
>>
>>29884004

What if they just surf this shithole?
>>
>>29885196
>The same joke over and over for twenty two minutes.
>Amazing character that was worth a terrible retcon.
A post containing legit autism. I'm willing to bet you'd leap to the defense to the most shameful and exaggerated scenario of OP's prediction if it happened.
>>
File: jimbo.jpg (10KB, 368x388px) Image search: [Google]
jimbo.jpg
10KB, 368x388px
>>29884004
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>29885656
Jim "It's for little girls; fuck consistency" Miller
>>
>>29885172
Some writers only write one or two episodes. No one is going to "waste" 48 hours (and that's much more than two days, because people usually eat and sleep) to watch 143 episodes, just to write one episode.
>>
>>29884004
Can someone explain that to me? I mean how do they know what happened in the show before their episode to avoid a duplication?
>>
>>29885682
They dont, see MMDW and 28 pranks later as example
>>
>>29884004
Except for the fact that the writers don't animate the show you tard
>>
File: no cm.png (437KB, 525x439px) Image search: [Google]
no cm.png
437KB, 525x439px
>>29884004
Well, they already fucked up Twilight not having a cutie mark while already in Celestia's school
>>
>>29884142
Is Hasbro is planning to make Twilight Sparkle to lose her wings in the S7 finale or after the movie?
>>
File: twismug.png (125KB, 355x291px) Image search: [Google]
twismug.png
125KB, 355x291px
>>29885738
That's not a problem with the writers, that's a problem with the animators and directors

>mlp is so ass-backwards they'll blame the directors for writing problems and the writers for animation problems
>>
>>29886772
>"FIRE THAT KID WHO BRINGS US COFFEE, HE GOT 3 LINES IN THE INTRO WRONG!"
>>
>>29885664
It's that kind of explicit contempt and willfullness to ignore or drop the things about the show that made it a success in the first place that make me lose hope for the newer crop of people involved in creating it.

The show got big because it was better than people expected, and better than a garbage toy commercial was really supposed to be. From that starting point of actual quality and intelligence, it grew into something more, which people loved it for.

Then hasbro saw it as a generic product like broccoli or cauliflower, where things like enduring quality doesn't really matter, and started running it into the ground.
>>
>>29884044
piss right off than, would you?
>>
File: 1492315965676.png (770KB, 1139x796px) Image search: [Google]
1492315965676.png
770KB, 1139x796px
>>29884098
What about a lost cutiemark?
>>
What if in a future episode someone, glimmer for example, asks Twilight how she got her cutie mark and they do some retcon flashback bullshit.
Like they could do it like a flashback but because they haven't watched it they just pull some animation out their arse like Twilight just breaking the egg, no rainboom.
If that happened everything would have fucked up, from the beginning to current episodes
seriously they would they?
>>
>>29887750
Glimmer knows exactly how Twilight got her cutiemark though.
>>
>>29884004
Maybe not a consistency problem but watching Luna struggle with putting a medal on Thorax had me immediately recall Rarity teleporting a vest onto Twilight in Winter Wrap up.

Would it have been so bad that Luna solve the comedic scene with some magic instead of off screen?
>>
>>29888426
How were they supposed to know what happened in WWU? They don't watch the show.
>>
File: 1491188452566.gif (835KB, 323x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491188452566.gif
835KB, 323x500px
>>29885235
We know Big Jim does.
And faust did once, although I wouldn't be surprised if she came back a couple times to watch
>>
>>29888487
>Fag Jim does
>Implying
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.