[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a thread to discuss Starlight Glimmer's anger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: starlight glimmer pops a vein.png (684KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
starlight glimmer pops a vein.png
684KB, 1280x720px
Can we have a thread to discuss Starlight Glimmer's anger magic? What do you think this is building up to?
>>
>>29876382
That she suppose to have a wacky "quirk" like Twilight in "Lesson Zero" since she is literally a mini-Twilight and even writers know that.
>>
>>29876400
Oh, that's neat.

So a character with completley a completley different backstory than Twilight that shares some likes and dislikes but still has a distinct personality, a distinct circle of friends, distinct quirks, distinct character flaws, and distinct motivations is essentially the same character as Twilight?

Can you tell me more about this please?
>>
>>29876382
https://youtu.be/GKrNJ5tqQ-w
>>
>>29876962
>Glimmer
>personality
>>
>>29876382
Deus ex machina for the next big villain.
>>
>>29876962
She's actually a fusion between Twilight and Sunset Shimmer but they coudnt mention Sunset in canon. Everything else is headcannons made up by glimmerfags.
>>
>>29876382
Extremely hate-filled sex with Trixie
>>
I liked the idea, but the animation didn't really seem to fit well with the art style. Should be more flat and tangly like rarities corruption / crystal empire guy / teric / nightmare moon magic.
>>
>>29876382
If transfiguration magic is really based around imagining things in your head and teleportation spell is tied to where you imagine it should go, I'd say some things are clearer now. Twilight's approach to magic was always methodical. Think, understand, deconstruct, comprehend, rebuild, learn. Her imagination and thoughts are powerful because she mastered them.

Glimmer on the other hand acts on emotion. She may not understand it too well, she's not that precise, sometimes overdoing it but she makes up for it in raw power. Her thoughts is vivid and uncontrollable. She is both powerful and vulnerable because of it. I don't think this "anger magic" is a new type of magic, just manifestation of her emotions in a magical way. She wills her way into reality by force. This can potentially lead to something as this can be exploited fairly easily.
>>
>>29876382
I like how Spike has said the same thing regarding her past several times and GlimGlam never minded.

Spike/Starlight: otp.
>>
>>29876995
>(You)
>Point

I can do that too, it doesn't actually mean either of us have a point.
>>
>>29877466
Describe Glimmer's """"""""""""""""""""""personality""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>29877488
Perfect
>>
>>29877488
That's kind of difficult becuase she's a pretty conflicted character.

She's definitely neurotic, but leaving it at that is kind of a cop out. So I suppose you could also say she's incredibly goal oriented but also unsure of herself and especially so whenever other ponies are involved. In that regard she's kind of meek to a fault. Not really shy but she's someone who tries to be inoffensive unless you really push her. That being said she also struggles with anger issues.

Now that I get into it I can actually see why people might say she doesn't have a personality, because a lot of these seem like they're opposites and some of them are, but I would say that Glimmer is just hard to pin down because she is trying very hard to figure out exactly who she is and who she wants to be going forward and how to make those two things meet.
>>
She's going to keep on mind controlling people and getting forgiven for it.
>>
File: shining armor sunburst.png (268KB, 1280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shining armor sunburst.png
268KB, 1280x1080px
So is she supposed to a sorceress to Twilight or Sunburst's wizardry?
>>
>>29876382
she will run out of control at some point
>>
>>29876382
What is it building up to?
>Starlight, did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis "the wise"?
>>
What's to discuss?
It's a special snowflake quirk for a special snowflake character and will either have no bearing beyond this episode or crop up during the finale as something that helps save the day or cause the conflict.
I'm not even mad at this point, just disappointed that her character is a shadow of what it could have been.
>>
File: starlight glimmer best pony.png (272KB, 1045x899px) Image search: [Google]
starlight glimmer best pony.png
272KB, 1045x899px
I feel like this part of a new arc for Starlight and going to tie into the finale somehow.
>>
File: madglim.png (1MB, 934x968px) Image search: [Google]
madglim.png
1MB, 934x968px
>>29876382
Can you update your op image first? Old school crap doesn't fly here
>>
>>29876382
We only seen some common ponies getting their personalities changed by Starlight anger... What if a ponie like Rainbow Dash get poisoned? Imagine her doing a more powerful sonic rainbow with the intention to destroy everything like Tirek... There is a lot of possibilities.
>>
File: large.png (150KB, 1280x553px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
150KB, 1280x553px
>>29876382
Well emotion affecting pony magic does kind of make sense in some respects. It's not like it's the first time we've seen this.

There was that scene in Testing 1,2,3 where Dash's mood affected the cloud and turned it rainy. And we know that all ponies are inherently magic so I don't see any problem with this.
>>
>>29880400
That's just emotion affecting magic - and yeah, that's been a thing since the beginning of the show. Twilight igniting herself, Rainbow affecting clouds, Pinkie being able to do... Pinkie stuff because of sheer giddiness. Hell, it's arguably what made Nightmare Moon work - Luna's emotions ran out of control and affected her magic.

This episode seemed to be pointing at "she's capable of good magic because she's emotional", not "her emotions affect how her magic manifests".
>>
>>29876382
Nothing, just like Rainbow Power.
>>
>>29876382
It's not gonna go anywhere. Just like how dark magic, rainbow power, and the Everfree Forest got dropped on their faces.

Why the fuck can't the writers stick with the things they've already established and flesh them out more instead of introducing new, stupid bullshit every other episode?
>>
>>29876382
>anger magic
fucking edgelord unicorns
>>
>>29876382
Nothing, everybody gets one to two episodes to be an emotional wreck/wreck the town.

>>29876400
despite being dick about it, this anon nails it. This is fulfilling the lesson zero slot for the season.
>>
>>29877008
This, they needed to keep ties separate from their two brands (less actual pony with every eqg) but liked the sunset redemption idea enough that they painted her pink and made it the main story of season 5, 6, and 7.
>>
>>29879306
Because you are right, you will be ignored by the others who only wish to shitpost.
>>
File: IMG_1957.jpg (124KB, 720x746px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1957.jpg
124KB, 720x746px
>>29876382
>>29880061
Am I the only person who gets penis envy from her neck and head
>>
>>29880468
Dash and twilight were visual gags
>yes the sad pony on a raining cloud is a bit, did the same thing with depressed ab in CotC having a cloud above her head.
Pinkie Pie's existence is lol random feats of reality break. Luna's the only one that is actual plot as it is established NMM was spawned from jealousy.

The Starlight point hits home.
>>
>>29880804
>dark magic
Alicorn magic technically, and there is really no use for it, outside of making another sombra...or another Starlight really shouldn't have access to magic episodes.

>rainbow Power
EoH 2.0 got shelved because
>Starlight was beatable without it
>Twilight was by herself
>Crystal heart is its own mcguffin
>It was Starlight's unofficial coronation as new main character

>everfree forest
The more the ponies went in the more the luster of the forest fell away. And once they had AppleBloom making regular trips by herself. There was no real reason to explore beyond what we know. which is it was the original capital of equestria, it has natural weather, predator animals, rare magical plants, and a friendly zebra and serpent hanging out inside
>>
>>29879306
This.
>>
>>29877099
Yeah because glimmer wasn't enough of a special snowflake Mary Sue she now has her own special kind of magic that's been exhibited by literally no other unicorn in the show .
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.