[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I absolutely loved the new episodes but I think it only further

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: medium (12).png (171KB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
medium (12).png
171KB, 800x572px
I absolutely loved the new episodes but I think it only further solidifies the point I was making that the show is slowly weening away from the mane 6 and they're sort of in this process of trying to find more ponies to make into some mane characters. While I do absolutely adore the mane 6 they have sort of run their course and I'm perfectly fine having them retire as ponies who still exist in the show as the ponies we know and love, but maybe it is time to accept glimmer and some other ponies as a new set of horses to focus on.

Discuss
>>
>>29876130
>but maybe it is time to accept glimmer and some other ponies as a new set of horses to focus on.
No, you might have fooled everyone, but SJW are a dying fad and deserve a painful torture before they finally die. Why do you think all of Glimmer's actual fans are sadists? Not even her own fangroup enjoys her autistic shit.

Glimmer can take Trixie as well and go fuck themselves straight off the show.
>>
>>29876130
I'm okay with a new mane6. I'm not okay with a talentless magician, a changeling, a former ex communist, Q De Lancie and Spike.

It reminds me of all that bad fanfiction I read and trust me when I tell you that I've read it so you don't have to.

Vogel just loves ignoring every warning and turning FIM into Fimfiction 2.0, but with all the really bad fanfics.
>>
>>29876130
Only if Nyx becomes a part of the new fellowship. And regularly visits her mother Twilight.
>>
>>29876682
I like nyx
>>
>>29876130

Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and the CMC had great character arcs.

I do want some more exploration of the CMC's new cutie marks.

Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy never really had the ambitions of Rarity and Rainbow Dash, so it's entirely possible for them to develop a new arc for themselves.
>>
>>29876795
She'd fill in for the child character (Spike) so I guess.
>>
>>29876130
>it's a big teacup
>>
>>29876130
I'm fine with the show having more major characters but I personally disagree that the Mane Six have run their course entirely.

I'm fine with the writers using new characters to help craft new narratives, but I see no reason to leave the old characters out of said narratives. Honestly, it would be a waste to leave them out because they already have such rich and developed characters it make it very easy to work them into different plots in ways that really enrich them.
>>
>>29876130
It's just the first two episodes. The next six won't probably even have Glimmer and Trixies screentime. There's nothing to worry about in that regard..
>>
>>29876900

>the next six won't probably even have Glimmer

I don't know, the next episode is about Flurry Heart, which probably means Sunburst, and why not have Glimmer if you're going to have Sunburst.
>>
>>29876913
I think it's just Candyass and Shining dumping Flurry on Twilight so they can finally rest. In the preview they looked really tired so my bet is on this. If Sunburst was there Twilight would have less to worry about. I think she'll be in this alone so she has her space to sperg in all directions unhindered.
>>
>>29876913
Its going to be a Flurry and Twilight episode. Those two need not have anything to do with it.
>>
>>29876130

it makes sense, since mane 6 are overused at this point
I mean, come on, FS learns to be assertive again in this season
>>
>>29878213
I think there was one episode where she started out by being assertive
>>
>>29876130
Nopony cared who she was until she put on the mask
>>
>>29876130
No. If you are going to retire the M6 you should end the G5. Fuck you.
>>
>>29876665
Meh, to be fair most them are more interesting alone than the mane 6--let's defer to Twilight--have been in a while.
>>
>>29876831
>Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy never really had ambition
Oh god Rarity/Dashfags are so full of it. Just because someone's goals are at another location from Ponyvile DOESN'T mean they have "ambition".
>>
>>29876130
The show is out of ideas, just accept it. Rehashing Twilight plots with Starlight is sad, and that's all I see them doing with her so far.
>>
>>29878760

>Rarity follows her dream of expanding her business
>Rainbow Dash follows her dream of becoming a Wonderbolt
>Pinkie Pie is still a wagecuck
>Fluttershy and Applejack are both exactly where they were in S1E1

I'm not saying their goals have to be outside Ponyville, but these 3 are not very ambitious.
>>
>>29878816
>Fluttershy helps with the Breezies
>Fluttershy manages to join a singing group she admires
>Fluttershy steps up on the one night of the year she fears the most(Nightmare Night episode).
And now she's got some conservation effort in theepaiode this season, I'd say that's plenty of ambition for a small town Animal caretaker.
>>
>>29876130

Theres nothing to discuss because I loved it too
>>
>>29878213
And Dash has to learn how not to be a cunt for the 5th time. And Applejack's forgotten for the 3rd time that she can rely on her friends for whatever farm-bullshit is making her overworked.

Anon, status quo is god. And if it was funny the first time, it'll be funny 10 more times.
>>
>>29876130
You are correct. They don't wanna have to pay Mom for the use of her individual creations forever.
>>
>>29878806
It's not out of ideas, it's been out of common sense, fun and subtlety since Best Night Ever.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.