[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are actually people who don't think this episode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 32

File: lunasfuture.jpg (144KB, 1469x828px) Image search: [Google]
lunasfuture.jpg
144KB, 1469x828px
>there are actually people who don't think this episode had great songs

Pitiful
>>
File: 148976344313.png (1MB, 900x1278px) Image search: [Google]
148976344313.png
1MB, 900x1278px
>>29852268
That was my favorite song of the episode.
>>
>>29852268
>Post S1
>great anything
Nice work, fellow Hasbro shill!
We'll get those juicy big bux for sure at this rate!
>>
>>29852268
>YOU GENOCIDE THE ENTIRE PONY RACE IN DOING THIS
>DON'T DO THIS
Jesus fucking the Christ, that is one metal fucking meaning.
>>
post god tier remixes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p50G5xyZ4s
>>
>>29852268
There are? I thought the only complaint about this episode was that it wasn't original enough.
>>
>>29852268
Sure but there are also people who believe you're not a huge fag, OP. Not everyone can have opinions as objectively correct as yours.
>>
I thought it was pretty ironic that Twilight had to read a story about how you should act like everyone else or you're literally Hitler to newly reformed Glimmer.
>>
File: pinkiespresent.jpg (76KB, 673x397px) Image search: [Google]
pinkiespresent.jpg
76KB, 673x397px
>>29852332
I like that one too
Oddly enough, it's the only one I know

Any remixes of Pinkie's Present, aka best song?
>>
>>29852268
animation this episode was the best it's ever been so far, songs were tier too

as for the originality complaint, I get it but I'm willing to let it slide when the concept is twisted nicely like in this episode
>>
>>29852298
How's it feel to miss out on a great show?
>>
>>29852313
Remember that Starlight in one timeline did just that.
>>
>>29852298
>S1 is uniformly excellent
>S2-6 are uniformly garbage
Next time try watching the episodes before you form your opinions
>>
>>29852268
The songs were all jammed so close together that none of them really stood out. Say Goodbye to the Holiday was the only one I could remember after watching the episode, and that was partially because it was in the episode's teaser.
Although the animations in this episode were really good, the story was boring. The only reason people like it is because of that overrated-as-fuck Luna song.
>>
File: This thread, I like it!.gif (310KB, 613x380px) Image search: [Google]
This thread, I like it!.gif
310KB, 613x380px
>>29852799
Pinkie's present is my fucking jam, it's my one exception to the "No christmas songs outside the season.".
Her VA gets so into it.
>>
>>29852799
>The only reason people like it
Let me just stop you right there and tell you that you're wrong.
>>
File: 1463313594383.png (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1463313594383.png
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>29852268
I liked how haunting it came across. Was a great scene.
>>
>>29852550
>aka best song
can there be a best when almost all of them were 10s?
>>
>>29852998
*0s
FTFY
>>
>>29853001
>off by one
not even kek supports your bait. shamefur dispray.
>>
>>29852268
>>29852287
Absolutely the best song. Azathoth tier.

>>29852799
Fuck off. It wasn't overrated, it was beautiful.
>>
>>29852781
>this same moron
Fandom fan

>>29852799
>The songs were all jammed so close together that none of them really stood out. Say Goodbye to the Holiday was the only one I could remember after watching the episode

Wow, we couldn't have more opposite opinions...that song is the only one I practically never go back and listen to, it just sounded like a rejected Nightmare Before Christmas song IMO...the rest were stellar to me
>>
Did Ingram write the songs? I cant imagine that mongoloid hack Vogel wrote anything good. The whole damn episode was a rehash of a christmas carol, after all.
>>
>>29852298
Suck my dick Lauren
>>
>>29853483
Can you please just send Vogel a bomb threat already? That way you'll get v& and we won't have to deal with you or your paranoid delusions any more.
>>
>>29853483
>>29853672
Whoops, sorry anon, I forgot this is the one episode Vogel actually did write, and so I thought you were that one deranged shitposter.

According to the links on the sidebar here: http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/A_Hearth's_Warming_Tail
Vogel wrote the lyrics for the first four songs, and Ingram and Vogel did the lyrics together for the last two (Luna's Future and the "HWE Is Here Once Again" reprise).
>>
File: 1404482164972.png (356KB, 572x380px) Image search: [Google]
1404482164972.png
356KB, 572x380px
>>29852268
>mfw I didn't really like any of the songs
I've been listening to too much Ingram. I could tell where each of the songs was going. Honestly, I had the same problem with Razzle Dazzle and Just a Pony. Kind of sucks, because people get so hype about them and all I can muster is a 'meh'. This is even worse with Luna's Future because of how grim the song is. I wish we had more darker moments like it in the show.
>>
>>29852268
They were pretty meh
>>
>>29852332
>epic orchestral remix of an epic orchestral song
wew how original.
>>
>>29853801
Who cares about originality, does the remix suit the song? Is it enjoyable? Maybe you don't think so but I do
>>
>>29852799

> none of them stood out
Holiday/Past/Present/Future all stand out because of how their huge differences carry the story. The only one that was forgettable was the opening/closing of the episode.

It's fucking A Christmas Carol with ponies. The story was "boring" because we all knew the story before we saw the episode. As far as homage goes, this episode was great.
>>
>>29852268
>>29854226
I honestly can't remember a single fucking song from this episode. So many songs in the show have stood out to me, including ones probably no one else seems to remember/care about (e.g. Failure Song, Celestia's Ballad, Play Your Part, Equestrian Anthem), but I seriously can't remember a single line or melody of any of the songs from A Hearthswarming Tale.

I think the episode's problem was that it was so bland and played so straight that it's hard for me to distinguish it from the dozens of other Christmas Carol re-tellings. It's like a blind spot in my memory.
>>
>>29852287
>TFW Luna will never point her royal hoof at you
>>
>>29852910
To be fair, it was rather tame compared to the gold standard for that adaption.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aifWpRIHv6M&t=24m32s
>>
>>29852268
They grew on me pretty well, I was listening to them and remixes fairly often in the past.
I think they give nice listens but nothing truly stands out unfortunately.
The lyrics though are pretty spot on, which is a nice change from other Season 6 songs like It's Gonna Work.

Hearthwarmings Eve is here once again is pretty mediocre.
Zero Substance, standard Christmas song with zero effort.
It's simple enough for one to naturally start leading the melody on only the first listen though, so it does have that.

Say Goodbye to the Holidays is one of the best ones; good singing and a melody that fits, but it isn't really that catchy. Decent length too

Seeds of the Past is fairly upbeat, this one took the longest to grow on me though. It also has nice variance in the tone and melody.

Pinkie's Present is good, but it's really short with an instrumental break in it as well. The melody is very repetitive as well so it doesn't offer much of a lingering thought in your mind. Sure as hell ain't no Smile Song.

Then there's Luna's Future which is honestly pretty beautiful. Everything about it fits and the presentation it very nice. I would also say it was the strongest "standing out" song of the episode.

>>29854642
Mickey will always be my favorite Christmas Carol, though Luna's future does constantly have a very desolate tone while surrounded by very dark colors which helps it be darker without being too dark.

Still, the darkest scene in kid's entertainment I can think of is the incinerator scene in Toy Story 3, and it was handled just beautifully so.
That's something I want to see topped.
>>
Pinkies
Present
>>
>>29855081
yes but sadly too short
>>
>>29852268
The story was actually a fun twist on the Chridtmas Carol, and people who claim it as boring didn't take the time to think about it.
Instead of giving random and vague moral lessons to Scrooge, they actually show how important the holiday is for everybody and how much of a dick the protag would be if they got rid of it. This works well considering that the protag thinks they're only doing good and not just acting out of selfishness.
The main problem is the endingz after the avtual story is done. There's no moment where Starlight actually changes her mind, she just... does.
>>
File: DealingWithACunt.png (361KB, 1932x930px) Image search: [Google]
DealingWithACunt.png
361KB, 1932x930px
>>
File: LaurenFaust.jpg (320KB, 430x595px) Image search: [Google]
LaurenFaust.jpg
320KB, 430x595px
>>29852298
Hot opinions, anon. Wanna go back to my place and bang?
>>
>>29855142
>Screencapping your own retarded underage argument
Off yourself. Why in Gods name do you fucking think that anyone gives a shit about two retards have a slapping battle
>>
>>29852268
Just watched it for the first time last week and it had 1½ decent songs.
>>
>>29852570
>the concept is twisted nicely like in this episode
This.
Probably the least Christmas Carol Christmas Carol. They did a good job of mixing it up.

On the other hand I wish they had not mixed things up for the ending to gift of the maud pie so much.
>>
>>29852781
>>29852756
I'm not missing on anything but pain. I don't understand how you can enjoy that fat lard on top of you every night, but it's not healthy.

S1 is a mediocre 6/10 by all standards. BUT! If we compare it the average funny-so-randomlydumb cartoon show such as Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Star Vs, Gravity Falls.

We notice that S1 has some quality directing, dialogue, character chemistry and every character gets equal importance in every episode, not just screentime. Something unprecedented.
>You're just a faust...

But if I compare S2-S6 to AT, SU, Star Vs, GF and any other cartoon made out of hipster meme genres like lol-so-randumb.
I notice that S2-S6 is fucking horrible, especially S2-S3 because there is nothing ever happening inside and I'd rather watch Flapjack and Chowder because at least there's something going on.
And sometimes it's actually funny and not cringeworthy, compared to your retarded dead pissed-on pony cartoon which is guaranteed 100% humiliation of its own characters without being fun, funny, interesting and upbeat and full of energy. It's lame, mellow, unfunny, boring and sarcastically aggressive and hypocritical.
>>
>>29855194
So, basically
You were never a fan of the show to begin with
And you hate the show even more now as opposed to when you simply weren't a fan
You should really fuck off this board, your opinion is invalid , you're literally only on this board to promote other shittier shows, kill yourself faggot
>>
>>29852550
I like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZfvuuG7Wyo
>>
>>29855217
So, basically. I actually give you an argument instead of telling you to go fuck off and die getting trampled by a horse.
And your reply is to negatively comment, insult and tell me to go kill myself. Oh and calling me a faggot like it's a real insult anymore.

This is why nobody fucking bothers talking to a hasdrone. This is why everyone left or prefers shitposting.
>>
>>29855194
>We notice that S1 has some quality directing, dialogue, character chemistry and every character gets equal importance in every episode, not just screentime. Something unprecedented.
Uhh, no.
Most of S1 was just okay for me, with few episodes that did stand out.
The latter seasons were the ones where it truly became better.
Discord appearing? Fluttershy getting character development? Better songs? More complicated and relatable themes?
Like compare
>S1
>oy wey, silly Applejack be hitting too much trees and not sleeping!

>S6
>Applejack has trouble with time management and to do one simple thing she does a dozen of other things not realizing she only wastes more time

I feel like more people can relate to the latter.

>because there is nothing ever happening inside
Are you retarded? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slice_of_life
That's the same as complaining an action movie doesn't feature jumpscares.
>>
File: 738563484b6843007a8ab753c9b70f5d.jpg (160KB, 1024x751px) Image search: [Google]
738563484b6843007a8ab753c9b70f5d.jpg
160KB, 1024x751px
>>29855252
S1 handled episodes such as Suited For Success and Party of One in a subtle and mature manner.
Whereas S2-S6 handles them in an immature, forced, low-beat, blind and ridiculous manner. To the point where Twilight Sparkle isn't getting angry in any way against Moondancer. Or Sassy Saddles starts ordering around her own boss, Rarity.

The limp-dick and doormat personality is almost predictable and to be expected, because the entire cartoon show is a toy commercial directed by some executive who calls all the shots, so he feels like the characters shutting up and not reacting the obvious abuse is something normal.
>>
File: Sassy_Saddles_ID_S5E14.png (755KB, 840x995px) Image search: [Google]
Sassy_Saddles_ID_S5E14.png
755KB, 840x995px
>>29855252
And if it isn't a go kill yourself message then it's simply a polar opposite reply which contradicts the opponent and states the opposite.
So we end up with this who's in the wrong grey zone where both parties look like they're fighting for their own selfish goals without any discerning features whatsoever.
The difference is that one is good and the other is bad. Like a fat woman wearing a bikini suit against a slim girl wearing one. So any minor flaws or misdirections from S1 can be forgiven. It's like a redneck trying to pull an intellectual down because she/he did a few mistakes 3/100 times whereas the redneck does it 99/100 times.
Or the antagonist tries to appear he's in the right because he's the bloody antagonist.

While I appreciate you putting some effort into it, I simply cannot tell you that the more complicated themes are handled in a quality manner. Just like sexuality in japanese cartoons is handled like a teenager self-inserting his fantasy to the point he thinks piercing a woman in the cervix is pleasurable, let alone possible.
>>
>>29855312
>S1 handled episodes such as Suited For Success and Party of One in a subtle and mature manner.
You do realize you're not making actual points and just put labels on random episodes? I could go and say that Mare-Do-Well was subtle and it would have just the same zero meaning.
>To the point where Twilight Sparkle isn't getting angry in any way against Moondancer.
>I would to THING but a character here doesn't do THING so this must mean it's shitty writing
Ah, a classic common mistake of a viewer thinking everybody must follow the same logic as they do.
>Or Sassy Saddles starts ordering around her own boss, Rarity.
What's wrong with that? Rarity isn't experienced in being a boss.
>The limp-dick and doormat personality is almost predictable and to be expected,
But she doesn't have a limp-dick and doormat personality after S2, and that's constantly addressed, especially
>shutting up and not reacting the obvious abuse
You clearly haven't seen enough of the past-S1 show to make actual points.
>the whole >>29855317
And this is just you spewing worthless metaphors, that, again, aren't substitutes for actual points, as they bring nothing new to the conversation.
>>
>>29855246
>So, basically. I actually give you an argumen
Hmm let's see
>S1 is a mediocre 6/10 by all standards.
So yeah, you were never a fan of the show, you thought one season of a 7 season and ongoing show was SLIGHTLY better than average? That doesn't qualify as being a fan, so why are you here? This is a legitimate argument, sorry, call me a "Hasdrone" all you want, I call you a leech and a fan of the fandom because that's what you are, you're lurking on a board for a show you hate just to make the people who enjoy it miserable and troll, you're shit

You named AT, a shit show that appeals to hipsters and replaces traditional humor (which MLP has) with "quirk", SU which is just a platform for Sugar to preach her chubby chasing lesbian fetishes to the youth of America, Star VS which I also enjoy, but let's face it...it's not MLP, the humor is very "lol randumb" and it promises adventure and lore but only delivers superficially, while MLP actually has those things, Star VS is mainly about shipping drama, and Gravity Falls, which was a good show....so what, it was nothing like My Little Pony, what's your point?

You're an idiot, leave this board
>>
File: 1435133755378.png (120KB, 900x622px) Image search: [Google]
1435133755378.png
120KB, 900x622px
>>29855194
Dude...just fucking die, do you even know what board you're on
>i hate MLP
>let me tell you what shows are better
>on /mlp/
>>
File: full.png (471KB, 2500x2258px) Image search: [Google]
full.png
471KB, 2500x2258px
>>29855390
An intellectual is an educated common sensical person who learns easily and possesses one of many things such as: moral value, standards, teaching quality things, etc.

>Those aren't argumentative points. You're just placing labels, here let me try:
"A redneck is an educated person with common decency, who goes to college, learns easily and reads books which aren't the bible. He teaches you quality things like how to milk a cow and become a zoophillic and use your children as labor force."

I've already retorted all of your petty comments. I even gave you a better vocabulary.
>>
File: thedoctorisin.jpg (84KB, 739x751px) Image search: [Google]
thedoctorisin.jpg
84KB, 739x751px
>>29855493
Tangentiality as a medical symptom is a physical symptom observed in speech that tends to occur in situations where a person is experiencing high anxiety, as a manifestation of the psychosis known as schizophrenia, in dementia or in states of delirium.

The term refers simplistically to a thought disorder shown from speech with a lack of observance to the main subject of discourse, such that a person whilst speaking on a topic deviates from the topic. Further definition is of speech that deviates from an answer to a question that is relevant in the first instance but deviates from the relevancy to related subjects not involved in a direct answering of the question. In the context of a conversation or discussion the communication is a response that is ineffective in that the form is inappropriate for adequate understanding. The person's speech seems to indicate that their attention to their own speech has perhaps in some way been overcome during the occurrence of cognition whilst speaking, causing the vocalized content to follow thought that is apparently without reference to the original idea or question; or the person's speech is considered evasive in that the person has decided to provide an answer to a question that is an avoidance of a direct answer.
>>
File: 960.jpg (78KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
78KB, 960x540px
>>29855417
>He can identify all those shows for their obvious flaws, but he can't do the same thing to MLP. Why, may I ask?
I'm not leaving till you don't say that you're a screeching skinny hypocritical fanboy who defends his aspergers waifu and his cheap shallow company.

>You named AT, a shit show that appeals to hipsters and replaces traditional humor
MLP seasons 2-7, especially Discord.
>SU which is just a platform for Sugar to preach her chubby chasing lesbian fetishes to the youth of America
MLP seasons 4-7 which is just a platform for Vogel to preach his autism chasing lesbian fetishes and neets to the youth of female America. (Moondancer, Maud Pie, Zephyr, etc.)
>Star VS which I also enjoy, but let's face it...it's not MLP, the humor is very "lol randumb" and it promises adventure and lore but only delivers superficially
MLP S2-7 and S1. The Cutie Map, the Griffons, all the attempts at backstory for Luna and Equestria. The alicorns. The comic books.

I don't think anyone busy in the greentext generals or outside of /mlp/ would ever agree with you that you MLP doesn't have all of those flaws.
But hey you made me glad, you made me realize that you're not actually incapable, you're just an asshole who defends his show from criticism while projecting it on everything and everyone else. Thanks for the confirmation.
>>
File: 777.png (122KB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
777.png
122KB, 280x302px
>>29855431
Look at the butthurt pony fanboy and laugh. He can't accept other cartoons into his life, because they don't use Hasbro's stolen designs from Faust.
>>
File: 960 (1).jpg (27KB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
960 (1).jpg
27KB, 420x236px
>>29855417
That nigger secretly hates his waifu.
>>
>>29855547
>Hasbro's stolen designs from Faust
I don't really mind the rest of the rant in this thread so far, but I'm curious how you think Hasbro stole her designs.
>>
>>29855563
He's a troll, he has nothing to say
Now that he's blatantly Star posting, it's clear he's the same guy who's been spamming the board with anti MLP threads for literally weeks, possibly months now

He just comes here to say how much he hates MLP and loves Star Vs, and got his threads deleted a few times so now he's really pissed, just report him
>>
File: Leonardo-DiCaprio-Clap.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Leonardo-DiCaprio-Clap.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>29855417
Got to hand it to you, anon. It takes a lot of balls to just complain about 3 different show's flaws while saying MLP is so much better than them.
You just came out as nothing but a genuine hasdroning/fanboying lunatic.
>>29855510
Pack it up, hasdrones lost. Faustfriends won.
>>
>>29855581
I know, but I'd still like to hear what he'll say. Again, I'm just curious.
If he's been reported enough times and keeps coming back then it's safe to say the reports don't do much to him.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>29855417
Oh my god he's fully capable of noticing cringeworthy comedy and empty promises.

So why you don't do the same to MLP? Especially to Lesson Zero and Luna Eclipsed?

>It's night time in USA, afternoon in Europe and morning in China, Australia, Japan and ... . "Idiot baka"
Anon are you from India or Pakistan?
>>
>>29855586
>Pack it up, hasdrones lost. Faustfriends won.
You're not making any actual points either. The anon I was replying to didn't and kept deviating from the actual conversation, that's why I rightfully labelled him as tangential.
>>
>>29855612
>cringeworthy comedy
Because humour is subjective? For me, Lesson Zero is one of the best MLP episodes, with a compelling story, a relatable theme and great humour.
>>
File: 1452745006837.jpg (359KB, 514x526px) Image search: [Google]
1452745006837.jpg
359KB, 514x526px
>>29855538
>>He can identify all those shows for their obvious flaws, but he can't do the same thing to MLP. Why, may I ask?
MLP has flaws, minor ones to me, stylistic issues mainly and that's about it, I miss horse noises, the show appeals to me which is why I'm here, why are you here, queer?
>>You named AT, a shit show that appeals to hipsters and replaces traditional humor
>MLP seasons 2-7, especially Discord.
Not at all...Discord's humor is usually in tune with classic cartoon humor, puns, slapstick, etc...not LOL LOOK ITS A JAPANESE SPEAKING THING
> lesbian fetishes and neets to the youth of female America. (Moondancer, Maud Pie, Zephyr, etc.)
None of them are lesbians nor would any sane person think they were
>>Star VS which I also enjoy, but let's face it...it's not MLP, the humor is very "lol randumb" and it promises adventure and lore but only delivers superficially
>MLP S2-7 and S1. The Cutie Map, the Griffons, all the attempts at backstory for Luna and Equestria. The alicorns. The comic books.
What's your point....MLP delivers lore and adventure like I said, Star Vs acts like it's an adventure show but it's mainly a high school type drama show about crushes
>>
>>29855612
>So why you don't do the same to MLP? Especially to Lesson Zero and Luna Eclipsed?
Neither of those episodes were cringeworthy, neither did I ever mention cringeworthy comedy

Now, you did mention empty promises, explain the so called "empty promises" of MLP faggot
>>
File: twimbra_zps8d50227e.jpg (49KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
twimbra_zps8d50227e.jpg
49KB, 1024x575px
>>29855637
>Now, you did mention empty promises, explain the so called "empty promises" of MLP faggot
I'm not him, but at the beginning of S4, Twilight activates the "looking into the past" serum by shooting some kind of dark magic that resembles Sombra's. And then it's NEVER ever brought up again and every other time she shoots normal magic lasers.
At the beginning of S5, Twilight mentions Starlight's supposedly magical staff as one of the 8 magical artifacts scattered around all Equestria. That's NEVER brought up again either.
>>
>>29854623
>ones probably no one else seems to remember/care about
>Celestia's Ballad, Play Your Part
Get the fuck off my board
>>
File: cop-asks-how-mad-you-were-going.gif (77KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
cop-asks-how-mad-you-were-going.gif
77KB, 333x500px
>>29855417
Those are a lot of double standards.

>You named AT, a shit show that appeals to hipsters and replaces traditional humor (which MLP has) with "quirk", SU which is just a platform for Sugar to preach her chubby chasing lesbian fetishes to the youth of America, Star VS which I also enjoy, but let's face it...it's not MLP, the humor is very "lol randumb" and it promises adventure and lore but only delivers superficially, while MLP actually has those things, Star VS is mainly about shipping drama, and Gravity Falls, which was a good show....so what, it was nothing like My Little Pony, what's your point?
>>
>>29855655
>Twilight activates the "looking into the past" serum by shooting some kind of dark magic that resembles Sombra's. And then it's NEVER ever brought up again and every other time she shoots normal magic lasers.
Merely speculation
Early on Rarity's magic was white too, whats the conspiracy behind that? WAS IT CUM??/? Sometimes animators do things without thinking about the future and they never imagine fans are going to look into it. Really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

>At the beginning of S5, Twilight mentions Starlight's supposedly magical staff as one of the 8 magical artifacts scattered around all Equestria. That's NEVER brought up again either.
Just like Trixie wasn't brought up from S3 till S6
Point? The show has lore, and it doesn't always get to it right away
>>
File: Comic_issue_27_cover_A.jpg (492KB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
Comic_issue_27_cover_A.jpg
492KB, 900x1384px
>>29855655
I'm him. In Castel Mane-ia and PowerPonies it seems like the mane6 are cleaning up the royal sister's castle in the everfree forest to want to live in it. But that's quickly forgotten after Power Ponies because at the end of S4 they all live in a crystal tree.

In S4's premiere it seems like the everfree forest is going hayware because of something that happened to the tree of harmony, only for it all to be debunked because it was Discord, not the magical forest itself.
In the original bible concept the Everfree Forest was actually a slowly advancing/impending doom that was meant to serve as one of the environmental villains and story arcs for season 1.
The comic books again disappointed like it did with many other concepts. (except maybe for princess twilight sparkle simply because she took charge like a responsible leader (the original characterization) and she never apologized or felt sorry in front of anyone, especially not like she started doing in the new comic books and the cartoon show.)
>>
>>29855787
>it seems like the mane6 are cleaning up the royal sister's castle in the everfree forest to want to live in it
Never stated, that's your headcanon, so...nice headcanon
>In S4's premiere it seems like the everfree forest is going hayware because of something that happened to the tree of harmony, only for it all to be debunked because it was Discord, not the magical forest itself.
Once again, your headcanon

This has literally nothing to do with anything I said, whether the adventures in MLP go the way you want them to or not doesn't change the fact that they are adventures

You have no point to make other than being a butthurt former "fan". Leave, we don't want you.
>>
>>29852313
>Human Christmas carol
>You will die alone scrooge

>Pony Heart warming carol
>You will end the world Snowfall
>>
>>29855890
>>29855720
I pity you, you're genuinely this antagonistic. Nothing will convince you except for a good range ban.
The only useful things has drones are good at is sparkingbconflict to attract the critics to diacuss between them. After that they need to be dropped like the tools they are.
>>
File: 1443024098482.jpg (71KB, 330x217px) Image search: [Google]
1443024098482.jpg
71KB, 330x217px
>>29855957
Whatever you say faggot
>you need to be banned for liking MLP on /mlp/
Nice logic, SU sucks faggot, so did AT and Star Vs is a high school drama, EQG did it better

Eat shit you fucking worm
>>
File: zindia.gif (9KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
zindia.gif
9KB, 500x333px
>>29856413
Nice flag.
>>
>>29855194
>S1 is a mediocre 6/10 by all standards
What standards? How are you quantifying this value?
>I notice that S2-S6 is fucking horrible, especially S2-S3 because there is nothing ever happening inside and I'd rather watch Flapjack and Chowder because at least there's something going on.
What do you mean by nothing is ever happening? Seems to me seasons 2-3 contains 39 episodes in which all contain a narrative, subsequent character arc, all the while fleshing out the world at varying degrees of pace. This sounds like 'something going on' to me.
>And sometimes it's actually funny and not cringeworthy
So nothing at all in MLP has ever elicited a humor response from you? Not a single chuckle? It's all simply resulted in uncomfortable second hand embarrassment?

I dunno anon, ur not making too much sense.
>>
File: relapse-5.jpg (143KB, 640x351px) Image search: [Google]
relapse-5.jpg
143KB, 640x351px
>>29856477
>It* all simply resulted in uncomfortable second hand embarrassment?
Yes, that is what we are ALL saying.

The fact that MLP gets a free ticket is a clear answer that you cannot and should not have a discussion with a fanboy or make him understand in any way because he already understands that he's a hypocrite who's defending his waifu cartoon.

MLP? good world building? adventures? Are you deaf and blind or are you an amoeba? The show promised adventures since S1 episodes 1 & 2 and never delivered.

Lesson Zero(the cringeworthy/lol-so-randumb episode) especially getting a free ticket is disheartening. Luna Eclipsed also crushed a lot of dreams and hopes for redeeming Luna and making her a recurring character, instead we got Glimmer.

But apparently anonymous of /mlp/ is saying that Star Vs is lol-so-randumb and MLP isn't. AT is hipster, but MLP isn't and SU panders to le
Well, surely this faggot must be correct, after all he's watching My Little Pony while taking a shit on everyother cartoon, we should respect him. It's the entitlement and arrogance that sets a ponyfag apart from the other fanboys.
>>
>>29856536
>The show promised adventures since S1 episodes 1 & 2 and never delivered.
Once again: are you retarded? Do you know what "slice of life" is? The show has been in the same format for 6 years now. It's slice of life for the entirety of the season, and adventure for a couple of episodes. What did you expect? Who told you it was going to be adventurous?
>Lesson Zero(the cringeworthy/lol-so-randumb episode) especially getting a free ticket is disheartening.
Why do where I see one of the greatest episodes of the show that manages to deliver two important and relatable lessons at once while also being funny and developing its main character and making the show less formulatic, you only see 'cringe' and 'randumb'? If you're that type of person, have you ever considered, like, not bothering with cartoons at all?
>Luna Eclipsed also crushed a lot of dreams and hopes for redeeming Luna and making her a recurring character, instead we got Glimmer.
Why should the writers care what they crushed? Do you know how many people I've met that are butthurt that the Joker from The Dark Knight wasn't like they imagined he would be? Does that make him terrible? No it doesn't, because it's their shitty headcanons that the writers have no way of knowing about.
>>
>>29856615
>have you ever considered, like, not bothering with cartoons at all?
Have you? You hypocritical loser?
>>
File: 24640759.jpg (96KB, 628x451px) Image search: [Google]
24640759.jpg
96KB, 628x451px
>>29856615
>Do you know how many people I've met that are butthurt that the Joker from The Dark Knight wasn't like they imagined he would be? Does that make him terrible? No it doesn't.
ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?
>>
>>29856618
Why should I? I'm not the one complaining about cartoons here.
>hypocritical loser
And where did that even come from?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (114KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
114KB, 1920x1080px
>>29856615
You are objectively the worst, most shit-eating fanboy of all time. All that effort and stubborness which could be put to good use and instead you waste it on defending genuine shit. You were already dead and buried before you started pissing and shitting yourself.
>>
>>29856629
Look, I don't care what you think about Joker from Dark Knight, but even if you consider him terrible, you probably consider him terrible for actual logical reasons and not for "he's not like in maaah headcanon!" so my point still stands.
>>
>>29856637
I suggest you find yourself on the pyramide
>>
File: 184294372384.jpg (1MB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
184294372384.jpg
1MB, 1920x1440px
>>29856615
Oh this just keeps getting better and better. It seems like Hasdrones were natural loyal drones long before Season 3, Alicorn Twilight and Equestria Girls even came along.
>>
File: sEnOU.jpg (29KB, 560x398px) Image search: [Google]
sEnOU.jpg
29KB, 560x398px
>>29856655
We don't take kindly to Illuminati members around here.
>>
>>29856660
Look, at least I could offer that >>29856637 guy to find himself on the pyramide of points. But you? You didn't even make any actual points here. Please write something that's not a vague generalisation and then we'll be able to talk.
>>
File: ae2.png (201KB, 480x1282px) Image search: [Google]
ae2.png
201KB, 480x1282px
>>29856635
He was referring to the other anon who criticized Star Vs, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, but kept praising MLP for being above them.

Why. Aren't you just like him? After all, you are a hivemind. Or now you got scared and don't want to be lumped together when it's inconvenient for you?
>>29856670
Whoever wants to talk to you? Don't reply to him, Batman anon.
>>
>>29854732
>Still, the darkest scene in kid's entertainment I can think of is the incinerator scene in Toy Story 3, and it was handled just beautifully so.
>That's something I want to see topped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLJvDadSfns
>>
>>29856680
>Why. Aren't you just like him? After all, you are a hivemind. Or now you got scared and don't want to be lumped together when it's inconvenient for you?
No, I'm not like him. I didn't criticize any of those shows, in fact, if you check IPs, you'll discover that I haven't written a word about them here.
Are you seriously trying to generalise all people who disagree with you on one particular topic to paint a picture of some kind of an "enemy hivemind"? This is commie level rhetorics.
>Whoever wants to talk to you? Don't reply to him, Batman anon.
Whoever replies to me. I still don't see any actual points. Or is it just convenient to you to stop presenting arguments at one point and just start spewing insults?
>>
>>29856701
>not posting the superior Worthless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqT2uOa1-d0
>>
>>29856536
>Yes, that is what we are ALL saying.
I have a difficult time believing that all of ones experience regarding the humor of this particular show has culminated into solely second hand embarrassment; that's not to say this would be impossible, but of all the media criticism I've heard regarding any particular piece of programming, I've never heard of such an experience. This sort of criticism seems to carry with it a palpable degree of hyperbole.
>The fact that MLP gets a free ticket is a clear answer that you cannot and should not have a discussion with a fanboy or make him understand in any way because he already understands that he's a hypocrite who's defending his waifu cartoon.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a 'free ticket', and why this means I should not have a discussion regarding media criticism with an individual who may be a dedicated fan of whatever particular franchise. Minds can be changed, and interesting discussions can be had regardless.
>MLP? good world building? adventures? Are you deaf and blind or are you an amoeba? The show promised adventures since S1 episodes 1 & 2 and never delivered.
My response to anon was to demonstrate that the series clearly contained 'something going on', and not any particular value judgment one could apply to said content. We can talk value judgments if you want. As for this claim about adventures, what is your definition of an 'adventure' exactly? This term could apply to single episode events in which an exciting or unusual experience takes place, usually through the avenue of some sort of exploration. If simply adventures were promised, considering the broad nature of this term, it seems to me one might be upset not because adventures did not take place, but because a particular kind of literary telling of an adventure did not occur.
>>
>>29854732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts_WDlgNMoo
>>
Say Goodbye To The Holiday > Luna's Future > Pinkie's Present > The Seeds of the Past > Hearthswarming Eve is Here
>>
>>29857464
Swap Pinko's with Glim's and you're literally me.
>>
page 10
>>
>>29855163
Nice.png
>>
>>29856745
>>29856701
Christ, I remember watching this as a child and being afraid for most it. This song totally flew over my head at that age but now that I understand what it's saying it's even worse.
>>
>>29852550
This one's a remix of that one and Say Goodbye to Holiday. I love it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re8y99THeYE
>>
>>29860263
That's a nice plot
>>
I'd rather they made a christmas special about this little gem here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av0QpbAXHq8
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.