[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate to say it but the fiction of Equestria Girls is just more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1280x720-Yre[1].jpg (237KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-Yre[1].jpg
237KB, 1280x720px
I hate to say it but the fiction of Equestria Girls is just more interesting and demonstrates more potential than FiM. It leaves a lot to be desired as well but unless FiM actually tries to enforce some rules on the canon and be more mindful of contradicting itself, Equestria Girls has more room to grow due to its "magic in a magicless world" setting.

Turning them all into the Friendship Rangers is dangerously lazy writing, though.
>>
>>29850469
It's a fucking highschool with little to do with ponies.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>29850476
FiM has shit the bed. It's almost hopeless to think that they're going to turn things around at this point. It's complacency at its finest.

I just find myself wanting to care more about the Equestria Girls universe now. If anything needs to fuck off, it's this outdated thinking.
>>
But the world is mundane.
>>
MLP need to take a big break and give to EQG that timeslot for a EQG tv show.
>>
The single worst part about Equestria Girls is it's a spinoff. It's an alternate reality to a place of magical talking ponies.

Its decision to divorce itself from that universe was a good move but it is a big pill to swallow.
>>
>>29850536
This
>>
>>29850469
acutally story isnt THAT bad scene where Twilight was discovering she is human were awesome as somepony may think but characters looking like a girls from a fucking Monster High are the worst idea ever and thats the only thing I just cant stand. Why they couldnt look like this? maybe its not the best example but still
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/80/ae/d8/80aed8fc19487605742f35c2a75fe90d.jpg
>>
>>29850536
Epik xD
>>
>>29850536
I do agree they're kind of sitting on their hands when it comes to using the setting they created.

I think Legend of Everfree has the worst premise of the series (the movie itself wasn't too bad but the whole "LET'S GO TO CAMP" and not expanding on the fucking stinger from the last movie was a waste).
>>
>>29850586
>https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/80/ae/d8/80aed8fc19487605742f35c2a75fe90d.jpg
Because that looks bad anon. It reminds me nothing of the character except for the hairstyles.
>>
EqGfags are the single biggest cancer on this board
This is the PONY BOARD
Not the ayy lmao anthro monstrosity board, now fuck off
You fucks should've been banned YEARS ago
>>
>>29850586
>wanting generic sameface animu garbage
>>
>>29850601
Why don't you take it to /qa/? They're always listening.

I'd be more than glad to move this over to /co/.
>>
File: 1491633312093.png (371KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491633312093.png
371KB, 720x720px
>>29850469
You have it exactly opposite, FiM has WAY more potential than EQG, the problem is the writers of FiM work very hard to make it as shit as possible.
>We have a whole magical world to explore, how about a college dropout episode, or a con episode, or manehattan episode 455, or glimmer learns her lesson 2 parter 5

EQG has a very boring setting but focuses on otherworldly and magical stuff more than the main show, which is absolutely fucking bizarre.
>>
>>29850469
>I hate to say it but the fiction of Equestria Girls is just more interesting

Every friggin fic is a spinoff from Anon-A-Miss where they beat the crap of Sunset in every way or they antagonize HARD the elements.

And don't forget every Dazzling fic too, where only a little % are "interesting".
>>
>>29850617
>not knowing /mlpol/'s autistic tirade killed /qa/
>>
>>29850630
I'm still triggered that we got that shitty con episode instead of Celestia and Twilight in Griffonstone.
>>
Do you want to prove me as the OP wrong or what would you have me do?
>>
File: 1056515.gif (1MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
1056515.gif
1MB, 700x394px
>>29850469
>demonstrates more potential than FiM
FiM will always have tons upon tons more potential than EqG.

That potential may have been used poorly lately, but it's still very much there. The setting is vast as fuck, and the mane 6 can be put into many different kinds of situations.

EqG is bound to a modern highschool setting.

It has magic now, but who cares? That only adds ONE new dimension to the already very limited setting.
Hell, the one time the main cast were properly outside the school setting was doing their one sleepover in Rainbow Rocks. And even that was used minimally, giving us no insight into the personal life and family of whoever they were spending the night at.
>>
>>29850469
This
>>
>>29850677
Too much contradiction and lack of rules of the universe have reduced MLP's audience investment stock.

Equestria Girls is at least infrequent and short enough to where they can't really do all that to themselves so there's actually a semblance of continuity and solidarity to follow.

If it were serialized like FiM they'd probably be pulling that shit too. As it is at least I feel more invested as a viewer in the events of the Equestria Girls world.
>>
>>29850506
>Talks about complacency while being complacent in LE EBIN PESSISMIST MAYMAY
>>
>>29850653
What, did Quibble Pants remind you of anybody?
>>
>>29850653
>I'm still triggered that we got that shitty con episode
This was one of the most clever episodes in the entire show.
>>
>>29850601
your tears are falling in my mouth..how delicious!
>>
>>29850469
just wait until they ruin it too.
>>
>>29850469
>>29850506
>>29850554

Totally true
>>
>>29852842
They forced Starlight Glimmer on it, so it's already ruined.
>>
>>29852939
F
>>
>>29852939
She looks like a gipsy.
>>
>>29850606
>implying that isn't what's in the show
>>
>>29850617
>not knowing that >>>/qa/ is closed and has been closed since April 1st
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.