[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The March 2017 IDW comic sales were shown today. FiM #52 (Second

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

The March 2017 IDW comic sales were shown today.

FiM #52 (Second issue of From the Shadows arc) sold 10,260 copies.
MLP Deviations #1 (Blueblood story) sold 7,762 copies.
My Little Pony Annual 2017 (Guardians of Harmony) sold 7,217 copies.

All of the Hasbro franchises IDW has are doing pretty shitty. What went wrong?
>>
>>29841079
>MLP Deviations #1 (Blueblood story) sold 7,762 copies.
This is kind of disappointing. That one was kind of fun for me.
I thought those were at least harmless enough to just be stupid fun in an alt universe mlp. I'm not very surprised, but still disappointed.
>>
>>29841105
Amazingly, that still sold better than almost everything IDW sold in March. The whole "Deviations" event was a major flop.
>>
>>29841119
Are there going to be more, or you think that's going to be the end?
>>
>>29841343
There's going to be a new series (Legends of Equestria) plus the main series, AND movie prequels. I can't imagine any of them selling that well.
>>
comics are dead. I sometimes wonder if it might be better if the industry collapses and they can rebuild without having to go through diamond.
>>
>>29841363
Comics are basically only made for other people in the industry to read.
>>
Time to update the charts.
>>
And here's just FiM compared to the FF in each month (x axis is FiM issue number).
>>
>>29841605
>>29841590
Damn, considering the money they make and how little they pay their artists, the books would have to sell under 5k to not make them money.
>>
keep
>>
>>29841079
>My Little Pony Annual 2017 (Guardians of Harmony) sold 7,217 copies.

They hyped that shit up for months nonstop as the coolest shit ever and instead we got a steaming turd with crappy art, dumb writing, stolen fandom designs and FOSGITT.

Serves them right.
>>
>>29842295
*Over a year

They delayed it several times. And yes, agreed. Fosgitt should only ever be used for filler that people can skip.
>>
>>29841605
I wonder if its really worth making it at that price.
>>
>>29843075
IIRC the comics will still turn a profit as long as they sell over 5,000 copies a month, which would net them $20k in sales per month.
>>
>>29841079
Maybe if they actually cared about the comics and did a clean sweep of the team to install people who do give a shit they'd get some better sales. The team is filled with hacks like Fosgitt who make everything they manage to touch shit (including the annual). The earlier comics sold well, and surprise surprise, they were actually good. Okay story, well drawn, you name it. That most certainly doesn't hold up for the more recent comics from this new team anymore.
>>
>>29841079
I don't know, maybe it's the art that doesn't give a single fuck? Thanks Fosgitt. Why would anybody pay for a complete lack of effort?
>>
>>29841105
>throwing away one of the few things Whitley ever did right is fun.
>>
>>29841079
>What went wrong?
Backstabbing the fandom between S3 and 4.

Then eventually giving up on it didn't help.
>>
>>29843414
>throwing away
It's harmless alternate universe stuff that has no effect on the main series. >implying any of the comics affect anything canon-wise
That was the whole purpose of the Deviations series. As a "What if?" scenario I found it to be fun.
>>
>>29843296
Ano, the comics lost nearly 2,000 sales on a single month, before of March their lowest sales were on the 9K range and now they reached the 7K.

They will start scratching the 5K range before May.
>>
File: shillshill.png (187KB, 614x382px) Image search: [Google]
shillshill.png
187KB, 614x382px
>>29843408
>>
>>29843296
Even then, I wonder if it's worth it.

>>29843338
The only fucking franchise that IDW cares about is TMNT and the crossovers with DC stuff. They treat Hasbro stuff like shit because they know Hasbro won't complain like DC would.

>>29843408
I'm 99% sure that IDW knows he's shit, but uses him a lot because he's fast and cheap. He's only ever used for filler/material that is clearly safe to skip anyway.

>>29843655
Backstabbing? It was the exact opposite. They got used to dick sucks and then did stupid shit, and got mad when people didn't like it. Cook and Price are STILL butthurt over Reflections IIRC.

Even a hack like Jeremy Whitley can point out how shitty it is, and all he writes is shit.
>>
>>29844867
>He's only ever used for filler/material that is clearly safe to skip anyway.

Nigger, he fucked up Spike's GoH chapter which was what perhaps all readers were waiting for.
>>
>>29845071
IDW clearly thought it was filler, I guess. I don't know how they could have made it anymore obvious that they didn't want to do GoH.

Imagine being so fucking dumb that you moan about having to do a concept like GoH, but relish an opportunity to put in your own stupid OCs into shit.
>>
>>29841079
I get all the comics for free
>>
>>29842295
what means fosgitt?
>>
>>29845091
I don't even want them for free anymore and this comes from a fag who used to support the comics until 2014.
>>
>>29843408
looks fine
>>
>>29844867
what they butthurt about?
>>
>>29845113
They are butthurt because their poured their headcanons and crackships on it and the story was so crappy than even their most fervent defensors ran out of excuses to defend it.

Reflections also marked the moment where the comic readers became vocal about the comic's quality and it also marks the moment where the comic sales began a clear decrease on sales.

tl:dr: it was their masterpiece and it wasn't adored by everyone as they expected.
>>
>>29845129
got a free source for reflections series?
>>
>>29845159
yayponies
>>
>>29845129
And then there's Jeremy Whitley that thinks he's the only good writer on the series despite him being by far the worst.
>>
>>29845229
Even Ted Anderson learned to keep his mouth closed after his fifth screwup.
>>
>>29845295
Him throwing shade at Amy Keating Rogers made me go full TRIGGERED honestly, she could write circles around him.
>>
>>29844805
2 comics selling 7k is better than 1 comic selling 9k. 14k > 9k. Main series is still selling at 10k. Overall march had 36% higher total sales than February.
>>
File: tiq.jpg (12KB, 257x389px) Image search: [Google]
tiq.jpg
12KB, 257x389px
>>29846757
>>
>>29841079
>What went wrong?
Shit artists and shit writers.
>>
>>29846808
I want to punch that disgusting face.
>>
>>29846757
>>29846808
He's still right, even if the comics are now really shit.
>>
>>29844867
>He's only ever used for filler/material that is clearly safe to skip anyway.
Have we been reading the same comic for the past two years?
>>
>>29847263
> Trying to reason with the obvious shill

Anon, y u do dis.
>>
>>29847729
Di you read the rest of his comment? that's the only discrepancy with the real world I find.
>>
>>29847751
Yes and it was still a shilling comment because at this point of the game, any kind of opinion praising, rationalizing or defending the comics in any way possible either comes from a mental retard on denial or from a shill.

I'm on a generous mood so I decided to assume he was a shill.
>>
>>29847816
I'm only seeing one moronic shitposter in this thread and that is you-
>>
>>29841079
I hope IDW dies as a company just like Dark Horse did. I am fucking sick and tired of shit companies refusing to die.
>>
>>29849090
> can't even think of a decent counterpost so has to say "NO U!"

Your arguments are as empty as your head and wallet.
>>
>>29847729
>>29847816
>>29850135
Look, if you chill for just 1 moment you'll realize the man is a genuine faustbrother.

Going around nitpicking the way he described how IDW uses Fosgitt is nothing to be angry over. Hell I'd happily take a more insulting jab at Fosgitt, but with the hasdrones around you're always showing your best attitude to not step on their dick-sucking lips.
>>
I said the initial comment. I would wager I hate Fosgitts garbage more than most of you. I think he's a passionless hack who is a thief and his continued employment is testament to how poorly run IDW is.

What I was saying basically though is that I'm pretty sure IDW knows he is garbage but just wants someone to shit out something that at least the 7000 hardcore fans will always buy.
>>
>>29844867
>Cook and Price are STILL butthurt over Reflections IIRC.
That happened much later.
>>
>>29845129
As someone who has not keep up with the cómics for nearly a year, can you tell me what made reflections stand out so negatively?
>>
>>29851094
http://yp1.pony.pp.ua/books/book.php

Go read them so you could understand why it wasn't liked.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.