[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Look for 2d animated movies >See this. I'm surprised

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: Mane 6 Mlp movie.jpg (138KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Mane 6 Mlp movie.jpg
138KB, 1200x675px
>Look for 2d animated movies
>See this.
I'm surprised you horse fuckers are still a thing.
>>
Its the first wide release 2D animated American film in years.
>>
>>29837027
I hope it does well. I'll pay my 11.50 so more 2d films get made.
>>
>>29837065
It won't do that well because hasbro is not marketing it very well.
>>
>>29837067
It will probably pick up, plus all of the toys and Sia song will be pushed hard.
>>
>>29837025
The 5 most recent 2D animated movies
>2017- My Little Pony: The Movie (based on a pre-existing franchise)
>2015- SpongeBob Movie 2 (based on a pre-existing franchise)
>2011- Winnie the Pooh (based on a pre-existing franchise and didn't perform well at the box office)
>2009- The Princess and the Frog (didn't perform well at the box office)
>2009- The Secret of Kells (didn't perform well at the box office)
Noticing a pattern here?
>>
>>29837094
that people arent willing to spend $12 on tickets anymore?
>>
>>29837095
I was thinking along the lines of "2D movies aren't original or profitable anymore; le blame Pixar and DreamWorks XD", but that's close enough I guess
>>
>>29837067
>hasbro is not marketing it very well.

>we will never have promos like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMglq5ZgYK4
>>
>>29837094
All (((their))) movies are cheap propaganda advertisements.
>>
>>29837094
There was a Winnie the Pooh movie?
>>
File: gross.png (742KB, 1341x635px) Image search: [Google]
gross.png
742KB, 1341x635px
>>29837086
>Sia
Eww, wtf, I hate Hasbro now.
>>
>>29837100
this looks like something that would be put on ponies the anthology #36
>>
>>29837065
MLP has a fandom that made Equestria Girls work so I'd highly doubt the movie will flop.
But I'm not sure if this movie's financial success will lead to more 2d animation movies made unless it makes groundbreaking phenomenon.
>>
>>29837065
>>29837027
>he thinks the movie will not bomb as Gems and Holograms
>>
>>29837025
MLP is eternal though. it's the upside perk to being a toy line driven show. the downside is product placement.
>>
>>29837139
>franchise that is alive and well with kids, collectors and fans alike
>franchise that an hero'd in the 80s and was revived as live action shitfest
>>
File: MLP Movie.jpg (135KB, 1200x891px) Image search: [Google]
MLP Movie.jpg
135KB, 1200x891px
>>29837086
>Sia
>>
>>29837067
it's still several months away. Marketing too soon can be disadvantageous. This early only teasers are needed, which they did
>>
>>29837157
GO see the comment section for MLP trailer. Everyone who isn't a brony already is biased toward not seeing it because of how bronies embarassed themselves. Parents with kids skip it since they are afraid of creeps at the cinema.

It's going to fail like Powr Puff Gir movie. It was popular at its prime and still failed at box office.
>>
>>29837128
Her pone form is top qt though. One more nail in the humanfags coffin.
>>
>>29837067
There's nothing to market at the moment cause the animation is completely unfinished yet.
>>
>>29837189
Fucking mobilefags are ruining this board
>>
>>29837160
Is Sia the one who did that I fink you freaky" video?
>>
>>29837309
Nah, that was African Fluttershy
>>
>>29837305
>Gives a relevant response that is true.
>FUCKING MOBILE FAGS REEEEEEE
>>
>>29837025
It doesn't say "Friendship is Magic" anywhere, this is just the cinematic adaptation of the fourth generation of the MLP franchise.
>>
>>29837094
>SpongeBob Movie 2
>2d
Em...?
>>
>>29837189
Parents with kids have probably never even heard of bronies you idiot, they're mostly a cancerous internet meme from 2012
>>
>>29837025
Do you always search for things that don't exist in your spare time or what?
>>
>>29837387
This, that trailer has 2000000 subscribers, so of course it brought all the tard who hates ponies from 2012.
Notice most of the hate comments are always in the lul faggot and even >greentext 4channer mentality, its not parents, its retard that were never going to watch the movie in the first place, who only bother to downvote here because >ponies.
>>
>inb4 the movie turns out to be worse than EqG
>years waiting for a poner movie and it's shit

We're going to have quite a few field days with you FiMfags
>>
>>29837548
When this show started, it was put together by an Emmy winning famed for their creativity and success. They didn't disappoint.

Seven years later, Hasbro has managed to frustrate and drive off every single one of those people, and all the current writers are new to the show. All you'll be doing is kicking a sad dog that's grown used to being kicked.
>>
>>29837562
Because every talented person working on it already left.

MLP is like the modern Bioware.
>>
>>29837131
EqG also cost less to make and was released when the fandom was larger. I'm gonna pay to see the movie, but I'm not optimistic about its success.
>>
>>29837600
Pretty much. Even along with poor deluded fans hoping that the team that's there now is going to about face and return to a greatness none of them are known for.

It's sad when a corporation stamps the life out of such a well-regarded group. It's amazing how they can do it. They take rare talents and treat them like beans to count, and when they need to tighten up the beans they alienate those people. If a corporation were a nation, they'd swiftly be betrayed by every talented general they owned and be crushed by every military around them.
>>
File: 1483401342914.png (18KB, 459x360px) Image search: [Google]
1483401342914.png
18KB, 459x360px
>>29837600
So S7 and S8 will be animated and written like Andromeda?
>>
>>29837812
No, but the writing will be shit-the-bed style quality. Characters forgetting things about themselves, or about things that happened. New places or characters appearing for no reason. Dull exposition dumps. No grasp at all on the setting. That sort of thing.
>>
>>29837833
Oh you better believe we'll get New and Exciting characters this season. And Explore Equestria (tm) again.
>>
>>29837027
>Its the first wide release 2D animated American film in years.
Superhero cartoons don't count? Because there are plenty of 2D animated superhero cartoons.
>>
>>29837866
"Explore Equestria" is just the biggest crock. You can't kill your show bible, ignore your setting rules, disregard any notion of tech level, and then insist you're "exploring" the setting when you drop whole cities on top of it.

What do the cities do? Do they have exports? Why are there so many ponies living there? Are they by a river? What's the history? What kind of ponies founded it? Why did they found it? The writers don't know. They have no idea why these places exist. They exist because they don't want to write about Ponyville anymore.
>>
File: 1445992021028.jpg (32KB, 370x371px) Image search: [Google]
1445992021028.jpg
32KB, 370x371px
>>29838070
We're not getting any of that informations because it'sashowforlittlegirls
>>
>>29837910
What was the last 2D animated superhero movie released in theaters?
>>
>>29838087
Even in a kid's show, unless the whole thing takes place in a closed setting like a school or the back yard, knowing why places exist is like the most basic of basics. If you aren't going to have a reason for things to exist, then why hire professional writers at all? Ask a local grade school to write screen plays and take what the kids write. Strike a deal with the district and call it a "learning" thing. It would be about as good.

I think even grade schoolers would try to invent reasons for the various places to be, even if they were stupid, illogical reasons.
>>
>>29838143
They don't seem to understand that even a subtle worldbuilding really matters in kid's shows, the places seem more real and they get attached to it. Kids get lost in their own fantasies but actually basing those on something make them imagine it more vividly, thus connecting their fantasies to the show. It can go a long way. FiM wouldn't be so successful if not for S1 setting exploration and now they dont' actually build anything on top of it with rare exceptions.
>>
>>29837910
Killing joke was recent but it wasn't shown everywhere
>>
>>29838163
It's sad how expanding Equestria has made everything less interesting. In the early seasons, Ponyville felt very rich and alive. They made tables out of toadstools and lived out uncomplicated little pony days. Canterlot was huge and grand by comparison, carved in stone from the side of a mountain, full of white spires and elf-like construction. But then came the Crystal Empire and its jagged, misshapen buildings. Then Manehatten and its skyscrapers. Las Pegasus and its electronic games. Little by little they made Ponyville feel insignificant, inconsequential, and backwater. All the while that they did so, they didn't create new life with the new places. They didn't give them reasons to be or a firm place in the universe.

All that's happened as Equestria gets bigger and bigger is that we're looking at the picture of their world from further and further away, and it's gradually gotten to be as interesting as an ordinary road map. Ponvyille is Nowhere, Kansas, surrounded by the sprawling landscape of a more important world that has no reason.
>>
>>29837128
>implying a singer's looks are more important than their voice

Next you'll tell me that elections are popularity contests.
>>
File: FH.png (1MB, 1440x790px) Image search: [Google]
FH.png
1MB, 1440x790px
>>29838570
It used to be little ponies in a big world. But we never actually discovered it. It doesn't matter anymore, it's a stage for the episodes and nothing more. You can have the same episode in different locations without changing anything else. Where do you think this supermarket is gonna be? Where do you think pegasus Cherry Berry lives? Does it even matter at this point?
I'd say it's the same shit with Twilight's castly. We've never actually seen it, just a few rooms. It's not a coherent building like treebrary was. It's a set of rooms for all we care. Same with the world, just on a bigger scale.
>>
>>29839044
Failures like that makes me wonder what they could have done differently over the past three seasons to salvage world building.
>>
>>29839307
Honestly a lot of shitty pokes at the world and the lore comes from toy sells. Alicorn lore was fucked up by Cadence and Flurry, Twilicorn as well. Twilight's castle was a mistake as well, fucked up roles of Celestia and Twilight, allowed lazy plot setups (you two go here because the map tells you). Lack of care for the setting ruined everything else. With plots like we have now the show might as well be set in modern murrica. Reminds me of older generations where it was basically exactly like that. But they had no vision to lose in the first place. Here we are regressing back to that state and who knows where we'll end up. Convenience can bring a lot of shitty new things to the setting ruining it.
>>
>>29837094
>The Secret of Kells
What about Song of the Sea? Isn't it more recent and from the same studio?
>>
>>29839418
song of the sea was dank but it wasn't quite traditional, still 2D though i guess
>>
>>29837094
There was a 2nd spongebob movie? I must've missed it.
>>
>>29837094
>didn't perform well at the box office
Who cares? That doesn't make a movie good.
>>
>>29839496
If good movies don't perform well while bad movies bring in all the dosh movie creators decide to make more bad movies.
Just look at the Lets Play scene of youtube for a close example
>>
>>29837025
>I'm surprised you horse fuckers are still a thing.
We're so tired, Anon. The battle has been long, many of us have fallen. The only ones left are the vets, scarred of heart, autistic of mind.
>>
>>29839601
Or the Transformers movies. Thanks, China!
>>
>>29839601
Let's Plays are because of Youtube's system poisoning itself. All they promote is long, repetitious material based on other people's IP, so things like Let's Plays and reaction channels were going to dominate. Nothing else is cheap enough to live on a platform that demands such absurd volume at such low prices.
>>
>>29840693
It doesn't help that LPs and reaction videos are the favorite thing of most kids these days. The number of views some of that shit pulls in is depressing.
>>
File: 1491280606488.jpg (378KB, 1250x866px) Image search: [Google]
1491280606488.jpg
378KB, 1250x866px
>>29840693
heh
>>
>>29840883
Well yes, this is the OTHER less spoken of brilliance that's worth millions of dollars on Youtube.

I am so thankful we defeated reply girls to ensure that the real cream would rise to the top.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.