[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This franchise has so many problems at this stage, why have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12

This franchise has so many problems at this stage, why have you not had enough?
>>
File: fuck you retard.jpg (41KB, 249x225px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you retard.jpg
41KB, 249x225px
>>29828205
>implying I still watch the show
>>
>>29828205
I'm still fapping.
>>
>>29828205
Starlight Glimmer is best pony
>>
>>29828205
I'm watching it to crash and burn, all the way to the finish line.
>>
>>29828205
Chrysalis is best pony/bug
>>
>>29828237
I remember saying that about Naruto.

I didn't make it, though.
>>
>>29828248
It probably wasn't worth it. But something about MLP has that sense.
>>
File: image.png (439KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
439KB, 894x894px
>>29828205
Because Ponka is cute, and I don't wanna leave her side
>>
>>29828205
Because of EQG
>>
>>29828256
Nah it won't be worth it either
there is a point were it will be so sucky you will just say "bah fuck this" and just go.
>>
File: 1458088290830.png (84KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
1458088290830.png
84KB, 500x437px
>>29828205
I'm still curious to see where they'll go with things. Realistically if the movie and S7 are shit, I'll very likely stop. But for now I'm going to wait and see.
>>
>>29828263
Just get a plush
>>
File: Zjl5B.png (229KB, 841x456px) Image search: [Google]
Zjl5B.png
229KB, 841x456px
>>29828205
Because, on some level, I'm still emotionally invested in the characters and want to see where the show takes them. Additionally, the blunders and incessant bullshit that have plagued the last four seasons have completely dulled my expectations. I'm at the point where I don't give a shit about what they do with the show, but still want to see where it goes.

It's also just about the only thing that captures my imagination anymore. Nothing besides this show makes me want to do anything creative.

>mfw I'm the only one of my friends whose still willing to give this show a chance
>mfw the only time it ever gets brought up is when one of them laments at how it turned into shit
>>
>>29828446
/mlp/: the post
>>
>>29828205
Because I don't care about your opinion.
>>
I want to explore Rarity's ponut with my tongue for hours.
>>
>>29828218
This.
The show was never good.
It was goofy fan made shit that drew me here...it's fan made shit that keeps me here. I gave the show a fair chance and it never impressed me.

Now someone write some greentext pron.
>>
>>29828205
There remains more good then bad.
>>
File: 1487827969131.png (26KB, 309x294px) Image search: [Google]
1487827969131.png
26KB, 309x294px
>>29828942
>fag of the fandumb
>>
File: wondercolt_by_ncmares-dahof87.png (3MB, 2225x1500px) Image search: [Google]
wondercolt_by_ncmares-dahof87.png
3MB, 2225x1500px
>>29828205
Because my waifu is the only thing that keeps me from actually pulling the trigger each night.
>>
>>29829482
>waifu is from non-canon sub-franchise
>>
File: nigga-wut.jpg (27KB, 605x451px) Image search: [Google]
nigga-wut.jpg
27KB, 605x451px
>>29829482
Saying she's your waifu is like saying you like reading books smeared with tomato ketchup; it maybe your opinion but your opinion is wrong...
>>
>>29829482
I don't recognize that pony, has she been on the show?
>>
File: b78.gif (413KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
b78.gif
413KB, 500x375px
>>29828446
>>
>>29828205 (OP)
Because the franchise still has so much more good about it. Sure, most of S6 was forgettable and/or bad, to the point where it for me was the weakest season. But even S6 had some really, really good episodes, and those easily made it worth watching.

The show is in a bit of a weird spot now, on one hand we had episodes like Las Pegasus that completely shits on the tone of the setting and moves the technology and time period from late 19th century with the occasional magically fueled anachronism to a hard 1970's. On the other hand we have episodes like Gauntlet of Fire, where the visual design of the dragon armors carefully reflect cultures and time periods, allowing observant fans to pinpoint where and when the suit must have came from, and what school of craftsmanship created it. From ancient and embellished unicorn-plate inspired suits to copper-alloy armors that can't be more than a few hundred years old.

No, the good episodes still makes it worth it. I'm nowhere close to having had enough. And let's not forget the show recovered beautifully after S3, with both S4 and S5 being overall great experiences.
But if S7 and S8 continues this trend, and we get even more lore-fucks like Las Pegasus and character-fucks like 28 pranks later, then maybe.
>>
>>29831156
>he doesn't understand quoting
>>
>>29831160

I made a factual error in the original post, so I copied it, fixed the error, deleted the old post and reposted .
It didn't occur to me (OP) would copy as well, but I figured that could stay as it's an insignificant error only autistic pedants would notice or care about.
>>
>>29831156
I really like Las Pegasus for it playing with our expectations and making Applejack get over her grudge. I really don't think technology matters that much to the lore
>>
File: 1490219621971.png (10KB, 422x178px) Image search: [Google]
1490219621971.png
10KB, 422x178px
>>29828237
This. I want to wear it as a badge of honor, a status symbol, saying "I stood there and took it for X years, I have experience"

Like how people who've been around since /co/ get to call themselves oldfags. A decade from now I want to be one of the mythical ponyfags, that the Hello Kitty fandom or whatever the fuck look to and say "this person knows what they're talking about, they lived it".
>>
>>29831190

It's not so much the technology itself that bothers me as it is the tone and feeling, portable personal cameras have been around since S1. Las Pegasus is intentionally fake and plasticky in a typical 70's fashion, with cardboard cutout trees and clouds. Much the same as the real Las Vegas is (and was).

Up until Las Pegasus, MLP on the whole has been rustic, genuine and authentic. Ponyville, Appleloosa, Seaward Shoals (the coastal town from S6). Even the large and bustling cities, while not rural, have a homeliness to them. Canterlot is filled with parks and picnic areas inbetween the tall towers, Manehattan while industrial and imposing on the surface level is filled with tiny, cozy, personal shops, restaurants and attractions. Greedy scumbags are the exception, not the norm.

Las Pegasus on the other hand is nothing but a cardboard-thin cloud-shaped facade hiding the greed and corruption rooted deeply in the system. For me, it taints the magic of MLP by suggesting ponies are every bit as bad as us. It plants thoughts suggesting that maybe Rarity is just a manipulative, cutthroat attention-seeking whore with no passion for her art. Maybe Diamond Tiara isn't just misguided and insecure but actually is a bad pony with a sadistic streak. Maybe Dash's loyalty is just another act kept up to feed her legend and ego.
>>
>>29831259
Huh. Interesting way to look at it, honestly.

I'm coming from pretty much the opposite direction - I've never subscribed to the idea that ponies are unusually, even supernaturally benevolent. Indeed, I always liked the idea that they are truly, deeply flawed in many respects. They come together in friendship and cooperation not in the absence of any negative traits, but in spite of them - making the results all the more meaningful. Completely malicious ponies are still the exception, but that doesn't stop many of them from being staggeringly flawed. To use an example you used, Dash's loyalty isn't just 'an act' and really is genuine. But it is to some degree driven by her deep egotistical desire to be recognized, to be surrounded by ponies who know her and approve of her.

Conversely, the fantasy facade the setting wore and the way it had was a world for ponies, not just our world, was very important to me. In a different way, the fact that it wasn't just Earth was still meaningful - that was what gave the world room to explore and sparked my imagination. It's really what got me on the ride, as much as the characters themselves. While the little background gags never bugged me, the way an obviously highly-industrialized society has been pushed front and center now really does.
>>
>>29831259
>For me, it taints the magic of MLP by suggesting ponies are every bit as bad as us.

The hell you talking about? The whole thing seemed like one big amusement park where ponies had fun. Gladmane was the only asshole there and he was a villain. We've had asshole villain ponies since season 1.

>hiding the greed and corruption rooted deeply in the system

You're reading too much into it
>>
>>29828205
Because it's still a damn good show. Here's hoping the movie provides us with a sort of renaissance, we could always use more inspired fan content.
>>
Because it's still a good show faggot
>>
>>29831472
Faggot that just joined in 2014+ detected
>>
That's two messages today I need to get off my bed and do something about my life... waiting for one more...
>>
>>29831342
>The hell you talking about?
Gladmane is the root.
Flim and Flam pitted against each other. Trapeze Star and the Director. Roar Horn and Sprigfield.
It's almost omnipresent. Ponies so full of themselves they can't even see eye-to-eye with their dear brother.

>You're reading too much into it
That's not what this is about. It's about willfully suspending your disbelief, and how that becomes harder to do.
>>
>>29828205
I like to think I can still have fun
>>
>>29828205
Because it's a cartoon show and I still enjoy and the problems that people wanna kill themselves over aren't anything I haven't learned to cope with and also I'm not a fucking whiny faggot.
>>
Horse puss 2 strong
>>
File: IMG_6183.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6183.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>29828205
You can never have enough ponies!
>>
File: 1490060276724.jpg (105KB, 817x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490060276724.jpg
105KB, 817x960px
>>29831092
>>
>>29828205
>it's not one of the only places I can find content to satisfy my fetishes
beggars can't be choosers.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.