[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the best episode? What was the cutest episode? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

What was the best episode?
What was the cutest episode?
What was the most actiony episode?
What was the dumbest episode?
>>
>>29824530
>What was the best episode?
CotLM
>What was the cutest episode?
Dunno.
>What was the most actiony episode?
Princess Twilight sparkle
>What was the dumbest episode?
SayS
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (115KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
115KB, 1920x1080px
>>29824530
The Cute Mark Chronicles
Crusaders of the Lost Mark
Twilight's Kingdom
MMDW2
>>
>>29824530
I love most of them... Probably Amending Fences?

Hearth's warming eve maybe? Because pinkie pie is extra cute here.

Probably Twlight's Kingdom part 2

Eh, probably Applejack's Day Off, even though S6 is my 2nd favorite season after season 5.
>>
File: 1465525019668.gif (4MB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
1465525019668.gif
4MB, 576x324px
>>29824530
Return of Harmony

Hearthbreakers

The Cutie Re-Mark.

Princess Spike. I still can't get over how dumb everything in that episode is. The producers had to make everyone a fucking retard to have that episode work at all.
>>
File: todeath.png (408KB, 625x782px) Image search: [Google]
todeath.png
408KB, 625x782px
>>29824530
Return of Harmony, there're a bunch of good slice of life stories too
they're all cute why you gotta make me choose
Power Ponies, ignoring premieres/finales
they're all dumb haha got em xD
>>
>Best
My favorite is the first nightmare night episode
>Cutest
Couldn't say
>Most Actiony
Twilight's Kingdom
>dumbest
I honestly enjoy all of them
>>
>>29824530
All this is what we personally think or what the average opinion seems to be?

Personally it's this for me:
Lesson Zero
Cutie Mark Chronicles
Twilight's Kingdom
SayS
>>
>>29824530
Tough one. I'm going to list my least favorite episodes from each season and see which one I like the least.
Over a Barrel, The Mysterious Mare Do Well, Spike At Your Service, It Ain't Easy Being Breezies, What About Discord (though Princess Spike and Castle Sweet Castle are close runners up), The Cart Before the Ponies.

Out of all of those I think I'd go with What About Discord.
>>
File: 1431792695858.png (347KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1431792695858.png
347KB, 1024x576px
>>29824530
Tie between Amending Fences and Crusaders of the Lost Mark
Filli Vanilli
Gauntlet of Fire
Spike at your Service
>mfw both favourite episodes are from S5 but still think that S2 is the best season
>>
>>29824530
Cutiemark Chronicles
Twilight's Kingdom
The Season 6 episode.
>>
>>29825650
Season 5 had high highs but a lot of middling episodes. It's also the season that has the most "bad" episodes, in my opinion. Most seasons only have 1, maybe 2, episodes that I think are bad but season 5 has like 4.
>>
The Cute Mark Chronicles
Twilight's Kingdom - Part 2
Where the Apple Lies
>>
>>29824530
Return of Harmony. Great lore addition and a good story.
Lesson Zero if I have to pick a standalone though.
Hurricane Fluttershy. I'm a Flutterfag so any with her really.
Twilight's Kingdom Part 2. There really isn't a contest here.
The Secret of My Excess makes me mad when I think about it because it's so fucking stupid.

>>29826220
Agreed. Some of my favourite episodes are from S5, but in terms of general quality seasons 1 and 2 I think are better.
>>
>>29826553
>The Secret of My Excess
That's interesting. OP said dumbest but all I thought about was worst episodes.

I don't know what you didn't like about TSoME but I've never been happy with the Dragons in FiM, so I'd put this and Dragon Quest on my list of dumbest episodes. Though, I would say that Over A Barrel might be the dumbest episode overall.
>>
>>29826605
I think the concept of Over a Barrel is fine, but the scene where they fight with pies is just so incredibly dumb I can see where you're coming from.

What I hate about Excess is that spike growing into a giant dragon because of greed is so beyond retarded. It doesn't make sense and is never brought up or even referenced again. Size dependent on your greed and horde would have major implications for dragons and their society, but it's totally ignored. Funnily enough the only place I've seen it used is in a few fetish fanfics because even if it's a stupid idea for a complete fantasy world it works well for people who get off to size and growth.
>>
>>29826705
Ah, we've the same complaint about Excess.

As for Over a Barrel, I agree that there's nothing wrong with the concept, but there's lots of dumb moments in the episode. There's horses pulling a train engine (though one could argue their way around that one), the painfully obvious Native American sterotype, the scene where the tree gets it's own train car and AJ talks to it like a child (though that scene is funny, but it's also dumb). The pie fight is the worst offender. And then there's the part where everybody hates Pinkie's song. I love "You gotta share, you gotta care."
>>
>>29826793
>horses pulling a train engine
Funnily enough I just rewatched that episode today and I was wondering what the fuck was going on there. You don't see see smoke or steam coming out of the train so I assumed it stopped working and they had to pull it instead, but even then it's not established and the whole thing's confusing.

>the painfully obvious Native American stereotype
Can't really fault you there, but it didn't bother me that much. They didn't feel that stereotyped to me and land disputes were of course the most common issue between them and settlers. Still, it's a bit of a complicated and sensitive subject to attempt to address in a children's show. And I think buffalo being aboriginal is a cool idea actually.

>the scene where the tree gets it's own train car and AJ talks to it like a child
Yeah, Applejack may be way too into apples, but she's is a bit too down to earth to put it in a bed and seriously talk to a goddamn tree like an infant.

>the part where everybody hates Pinkie's song
I actually like how it's realistic in that a song won't magically solve everyone's problem like in most children's shows, but it's also unrealistic because that song was great so what the fuck was wrong with everyone else.
>>
Canterlot Wedding. A perfect combination of a mature plot and great twists that made for a classic disney movie quality finale.
Green Isn't Your Color. It takes a plot that is exactly what you'd expect from a little girl's show and absolutely nails it with the character interaction and humor.
Twilight's Kingdom. I never cared much for seeing this show get edgy stuff thrown into it but I was genuinely blown away watching the final fight scene live as it aired.
Rainbow Falls. Fluttershy and Pander Biceps on the equivalent of an olympic relay team. Wonderbolts as villians. Pointless in your face Derpy cameo back when we still wanted her to just be a background gag. Amazes me that this is from the same guy who did Sleepless in Ponyville.

>>29826874
You just made me realize how hilarious the scene of Pinkie Pie singing to fix everything in Over A Barrel is when you contrast it to The Times Are A Changeling where that was the biggest problem with the episode.
>>
>>29827003
I actually took a break from the ride until recently so I haven't seen that episode. That really says a lot about the show's direction when it's deliberately invoking tropes it originally parodied.
>>
Pinkie Pride 'cause it does Pinkie's character great justice and of course Weird Al
Filli Vanilli
Not counting the premieres/finales, Power Ponies
Spike At Your Service
>What was the worst episode? (Adding my own 'cause fuck you)
Owl's Well That Ends Well. Incredibly mean-spirited episode, Twilight OOC, not what I watch MLP for.
>>
>>29827174
>Twilight OOC
I'm not a big fan of Owl's Well That Ends Well, there's some fairly blatant shitting on Spike, but is Twilight really out of character in this episode? Sure, she gets mad at Spike, but she's not mad that he burned one of her books, she's mad that he lied about it.
>>
>>29824530
>Best episode
Amending Fences
>cutest episode
FIM part 1 and 2
>actiony episode
Twilight's Kingdom
>dumbest episode (in a good way)
Slice of Life
>dumbest episode (in a bad way)
28 Pranks Later
>>
>>29826220
What would you say the four were?
>>
>>29826220
It's literally the opposite.

The only remotely questionable episodes from S5 are Princess Spike and Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?.
>>
>>29824530
None, they were all shit.
None, ponies aren't cute.
"actiony" isn't a word
All of them, the show sucks.
>>
@29827932
You gotta try harder than that, boy. No (You) for you.
>>
>>29824530
Do Prinesses Dream Of Magic Sheep is one of my favorite i fell its pretty under rated
a hearths warming eve tale
Twilights kingdom
spike at your service/ mmdw2/applejack's day off
>>
>>29824657
Pretty good choices. I would maybe switch your best with Suited for Success.

As for cute episodes, I feel like that should be broken down into seasons as its real hard to just pick one episode out of over 125.

Season 1: Look Before You Sleep
Season 2: Read It And Weep.
Season 3: Sleepless In Ponyville
Season 4: Pinkie Apple Pie
Season 5: Scare Master/Rarity Investigates(Really hard pick. Every episode in this season that was good was good because it was cute)
Season 6:Top Bolt
>>
>>29827900
Castle Sweet Castle, Princess Spike, What About Discord, and I think Party Pooped, though I might need to watch that one again.
>>
>>29828147
Huh, alright. Thx for letting me know.
>>
We're never gonna die!
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.