[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /mlp/. A /co/mrade here. I am looking to watch Western shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

Hi, /mlp/. A /co/mrade here. I am looking to watch Western shows that have the best worldbuilding. Is MLP one of them? How does it compare to the "deepest lore" /co/ staples like Adventure Time, Homestuck, Steven Universe, etc.?
>>
>>29798103
its just recently started to get itself involved with the lore, if you want it from a world building point i'd say start at season 4, otherwise most people would say start like midway through season one.

Skip 3
>>
>>29798103
Best world building ever. Season 1 is a medieval-like society, season 7 has supermarkets, go figure.

>>29798109
Literally kill yourself, Jim.
>>
File: 1436860309198.png (13KB, 282x276px) Image search: [Google]
1436860309198.png
13KB, 282x276px
>>29798103
FUCK
OFF
KILL
YOUR
SELF
>>
>>29798109
Is this like people telling you to start reading Homestuck with Act 5? 'Cause that is a bad idea. As is getting on the Homestuck crazy train at all.
>>
File: Dia as fuck.png (324KB, 275x458px) Image search: [Google]
Dia as fuck.png
324KB, 275x458px
>>29798114
who?

>>29798110
>>29798129
Why do people want him to die? I dont get this meme
>>
>>29798139
>it's my first day here
Uh, oh, welcome!
Lurk more.
>>
>>29798147
Not first, just been years since i came back. I dont understand whatever drama happened since i left i guess. Nice to know drama still seems to happen.
>>
File: 1443301632335.jpg (203KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443301632335.jpg
203KB, 1280x720px
>>29798103
It's pretty good in that regard but at some point they stopped caring about it that much and started adding elements out of convenience, so be prepared. It is a show that sells toys so shoehorning a thing or character that sells them >>>> lore. It is still possible to enjoy it but depending of how much you care about inane details this can be a bit disappointing sometimes.
>>
>>29798167
Is it that heavily toy-driven? Honestly, I am okay with a show not being super self-consistent as long as it doesn't go full retard with retcons and the overall world is interesting.
>>
>>29798194
not in the sense that they'll retcon things but you can tell when episodes are made to shill a toy or product . Biggest one was a castle
>>
>>29798103
You tell me
https://youtu.be/VxouoTF_3Ks
>>
>>29798202
So it's no worse than the old Transformers? Oh well, that doesn't sound too bad.
>>
>>29798194
Some important things and concepts get introduced mid-show with no prior indication they existed. Like Twilight having a brother that wasn't mentioned for two seasons. The biggest thing was entire alicorn princess lore, took hits in S2 and S3, as well as S5-6. Castle and the map are annoying as hell, they're S5 as well. But I feel like it won't be a problem if you watch it all at once with not time to discuss it to death for months with anons. It's more eyebrow-raising than like completely putrid.
>>
>>29798157
Stop making these threads faggot
>>
>>29798250
Finally, someone else spotted this assholes shitposting pattern
>ackshually this is my first post since x

Kill yourself, OP
>>
>>29798250
>>29798260
OP here. I am not >>29798157 or >>29798139. I think that with a little reading comprehension it should be clear that whoever posted these two posts isn't claiming to me. He says
>just been years since i came back
not that he's new like me.
>>
>>29798614
If you're new, go to dailymotion and watch the first two episodes, if it intrigues you watch the rest of it

Now fuck off
>>
>>29798651
That alone probably won't tell me enough about the quality of the worldbuilding, but luckily a kind anon upthread already has.
>>
>>29798665
Shill your shit shows elsewhere and kill yourself faggot
>>
>>29798711
What do you think I am shilling?
>>
>>29798103
if you want to go into mlp lore theory I suggest watching dr.turquoise's videos
>>
File: 1 (5).jpg (67KB, 800x529px) Image search: [Google]
1 (5).jpg
67KB, 800x529px
>>29798665

The trouble is that this world which was fully complete and functional only exists inside of Lauren Faust's head (starting in her own childhood no less) and the further you get from her involvement in the show the more the worldbuilding gets lazy and real-life like. Also important characters to worldbuilding like Princess Celestia stop showing up entirely.
>>
>>29798720
I'm not giving any more free advertising to your crappy shows than you already have, dipshit
>>
Daily reminder that non-Faust is non-canon
>>
>>29798789
Kill yourself, Faust isn't canon at all
>>
File: post_ISIS_german_car.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
post_ISIS_german_car.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
>>29798942

Sure buddy, the creator of the series totally doesn't matter at all. Enjoy your toys.
>>
>>29798103
>Hi, /mlp/. A /co/mrade here.
Yo.
> I am looking to watch Western shows that have the best worldbuilding. Is MLP one of them?
Eeeeeh, It's more of a character piece / "positive message" / "holy shit look at that fandom" sort of thing. The overarcing plot for the world really isn't all that important. AND, to it's detriment, the writers keep adding things to it as time goes on. You get quite a few "surprise! there's a new ancient enemy we've never mentioned before" sort of scenarios. And most of them were last seen 1000 years go. Which is probably lazy writing.

>How does it compare to the "deepest lore" /co/ staples like Adventure Time, Homestuck, Steven Universe, etc.?

Pft, Adventure Time doesn't have deep lore, it has a bunch of stoners and acid trippers desperately digging themselves out of plot holes and calling the result "deep".

But MLP isn't all that deep. You've got to keep a little bit of an open mind and accept that it's a kids show with corporate overlords. Now... If you get into the fan-made theories and potential backstories, it's like a tesseract of depth and complexity. But of course a lot of that is incompatible and mutually exclusive and going entirely different directions.

It's nice to see where others would take it.
>>
>>29798194
>Is it that heavily toy-driven?
The corporate execs came down from on high and demanded a pretty pink pony princess of love.

And the writers rolled with it and made a kick-ass episode with changelings, infiltration, distrust, betrayal, and a lesson that some people use love as a weapon while poisoning the people you care about in a sick attempt to fill the holes in their hearts.

They did less well with the mandate to turn Twilight into a princess.
>>
>>29799078
>enjoy your toys
I will, what are you even doing in this fandom if you don't like toys? You're as bad as so called Transformers fans who aren't into toys, kill yourself poseur
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.