[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MLP is honestly a mundane kid's cartoon. I don't see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 1488258158209.gif (2MB, 292x218px) Image search: [Google]
1488258158209.gif
2MB, 292x218px
MLP is honestly a mundane kid's cartoon. I don't see the reason why so many people, especially grown men raved over it. There isn't a dedicated fanbase for Rugrats or something, so why MLP?

And yeah I watched the show.
>>
>>29795106
Wrestling is honestly a fake drama kid's show. I don't see the reason why so many people, especially grown men raved over it. There isn't a dedicated fanbase for crab fishing or something, so why wrestling?

And yeah I watched the show.
>>
File: barneyfag.png (594KB, 638x634px) Image search: [Google]
barneyfag.png
594KB, 638x634px
>>29795106
oh

ok
>>
>>29795106
Because the world of Equestria is better than ours and escapism is fun. Most kid shows take place in our world, and suffer from their inability to portray actual struggle. MLP isn't limited by that because anything not portrayed in the show (racism, oppression, etc) just doesn't have to exist.
>>
>>29795106

>I don't get the appeal

Even in 2017 we can't get rid of normalfags shitting up this board
>>
>>29795117
>implying I watch wrestling

Still, I can at least see the appeal in wrestling, because I enjoyed it for awhile. MLP, I just don't get it.
>>
>>29795119
But can't that be applied for just about any piece of media that takes place in fictional universe?

@29795122
>muh hugbox
>>
>>29795122
We had a sticky stating these threads were bannable, but ofcourse the mods removed that a while after they nuked half the board a ways back.
>>
>>29795122
Even in 2017 there's still forever alones watching this children's show meant for 6 y/o girls lmao. How does your family feel about your choices?
>>
>>29795148
They're alright and understanding of it. I personally use it as a means to connect with my niece and other family members that have a hard time communicating.
>>
I hate when sociopaths complain about not being capable of empathizing with a cartoon. Get back to Overwatch, edgefag.
>>
>>29795132
We don't want a hugbox; this is just a shitpost made solely for the purpose of starting an argument.
>>
>>29795162
>use it to connect with my niece
>goes on forum boards to jack off to cartoon pony vag
>>
>>29795106
Theyre losers man

Look at all the photos of bronies
>>
>>29795213
>>29795340
ok you won, can you fuck off now
>>
>>29795370
I think this discussion is for people who don't fly into a rage when their fandom is criticized
>>
The main reason people went crazy over it when it began was because back then, most cartoon networks were just wastelands because most networks fell for the Spongebob "only focus on one show and almost nothing else" meme.

I do not want to ever again remember the dark ages of seeing Johnny Test and shit like that ever again.
>>
>>29795373
>muh 'arguments'
gotta farm those (you)'s, I guess
>>
>>29795393
Again, not interested in hearing from very touchy manchildren
>>
>>29795132
Most fictional universes aren't so nice.
>>
>>29795106
>>29795117
I'm a wrestling and mlp fan.

So I know the second comment is just a troll thing, but I see it like this.

I know I raved on the show when I actually gave it a shot because I found it super interesting and with likeable characters. It gave me the same interest in a cartoon as I found with wrestling, where I started to care about actual characters, wanting to see them succeed and wanting to see all the events that happened during an episode.

The difference between MLP and Rugrats is simple, Rugrats is a show that's not really well drawn and there's a lot of general 'stupid parents' doing stuff that would never happen in real life for kids of that age.

How many times did the kids get out of their playpen even though the parents didn't want them too?

Also, I like how MLP looks compared to a lot of cartoons, it's very colorful.
>>
>>29795106
I just think it's a good show
>>
>>29795106
I liked Rugrats when it was current. That said, Rugrats vs MLP, MLP has better world-building, more developed characters, better animation, better design, better music, better voice-acting... It's just top-notch as far as cartoons go.
>>
File: 1485279831641.gif (782KB, 635x343px) Image search: [Google]
1485279831641.gif
782KB, 635x343px
>>29795106
>>
I earn more money per week than any member of my family ever has, so they can all suck my taint as all of my hard labor wears away at me until I'm reduced to indulging in a little girl's cartoon day-in and day-out for the satisfaction that brings my week to a close. Can S7 start already so that I can get off work at 3 am on Saturday and get drunk as fuck and crash on BerryTube for mlp premieres on Saturday morning already?
>>
Let me explain

In a Rugrats episode or something you can predict the plot within the first 2 minutes. Watching the episode is more of a chore than anything else.

In MLP there are actual complex plotlines, characters, habbenings....etc. Also the status quo is allowed to change a lot. Not to mention there are a lot of "human" moments put in, moments where the characters show little personality quirks that make it seem unscripted. Lots of little details
>>
File: shrug.jpg (6KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
6KB, 180x200px
>>29795106
Ok.
>>
Posting again

fandoms take off when a medium allows for a community to insert themselves into a fictional universe.
The easier it is the quicker the fandom is created.
It is why people spend hours on character creation alone.
Think of all of the popular fandoms,and what they have in common.
Sonic,mlp,furry,zootipia,pokemom,and so on.
They all have easy to replicate character design templates with infinite potential to make yourself in that world with little to no skill.
Barney does not for the large part have that. Barney does not have a complex world people would want to implant into either.
>>
You see
The people that latch on to these fandoms are the ones in desperate need for escapism
Mlp is a very easy place to escape to it can be argued it was manufactured specifically to optimize the likely hood of this occurring.
Rugrats does not have a world most people want to escape to.
The main reason people go back to war is because it is simple,and you don't have to worry about boring shit like paying bills and going to your 9-5 to do meaningless tasks. You focus on survival and staying calm.
>>
>>29795106
>so why MLP
Because it's good, interesting, well drawn and animated, has great characters, and interacts with the audience.
>>29795124
>MLP, I just don't get it
Not all people enjoy the same things.
>>
>>29795106
Would you say that you don't get the appeal?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.