[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You are on an expedition to find resources to fuel your nation's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: 1490778152120.jpg (210KB, 1049x639px) Image search: [Google]
1490778152120.jpg
210KB, 1049x639px
>You are on an expedition to find resources to fuel your nation's industrial boom
>Establish trading post colony within carting distance of Ponyville
>Business is going well
>Befriend the friggin viceroy of this town
>Over time, you two become considerably close
>Nigh inseperable during your off-time
>You both profess your love for each other
>One week later, you find out the Ponyville and the surrounding area has a shitton of iron under it.

How do you break it to your qt horse gf that you must destroy her home and enslave all her friends?
>>
>>29768746
Enslaving a race over iron seems like a waist of military resources. Oil though, I'd enslave my horse gf's race for oil.
>>
>>29768772
How much iron would it take?
>>
File: zXJl6n7XlarZiqkTi52DqZdg2Un.jpg (81KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
zXJl6n7XlarZiqkTi52DqZdg2Un.jpg
81KB, 780x439px
>>29768746
>not joining the cute ponies and learning their honorable ways while sleeping with the head honcho's wife

Get on my level.
Also if you have to invade by sea it would be just "weather control, gg" and your entire armarda goes the way of the Mongols'. I want to be on the winning side, and the winning side has horsepussy.
>>
>Be Iron Hoof, an earth pony ore miner and, currently, general trader.
>You have a deep gray coat and a jet black mane.
>At least, that's what you want everyone to think. You hate your natural orange mane. It makes you look silly.
>Dyes are top-bit commodities, but the respect your look demands is worth it.
>Most miners have a pickaxe or mine cart as their cutie mark, but yours depicts a hammer crushing a mineral. It looks far more imposing then the other cutie marks.
>You love it.
>You established Foreleg Station a few miles from the relatively new settlement of Ponyville.
>Your unicorn business partner, Deep Dowse, declared this to be the perfect spot, since his iron-detection spell indicated a large deposit of ore nearby.
>Dowse couldn't determine exactly where the deposits were, which meant they were buried extraordinarily deep underground.
>You quickly develop a reputation for the quality of your stock and reliability of your word.
>It overshadows your reputation of harsh and strict nature.
>Ponyville loves your goods. You bring fabrics, dyes, tools, paper, the occasional rare stone, and whatever else you know you can sell.
>You'd rather be mining, hauling, and trading ore, but you are patient. You know that will come later.
>For now, you only have whatever Manehatten ships to you. They seem to know what Ponyvillians want, and you can't argue with the results.
>Once you find the deposits, you fully intend to ditch this trading post.
>Someone else will take over, surely. Those Shim Sham brothers, probably.
>But for now, you are enjoying the authority that comes with this job.
>>
>>29768835
>While discussing the potential location of the iron ore with Deep Dowse in your cabin, a pegasus mare bursts through the door.
>"Iron Hoof, sir!"
>You turn to directly face the mare and maintain sharp eye contact.
"What is it?"
>"The fabric couriers from Manehattan led their cart into a ditch," she states calmly.
>You angrily stomp a hoof. Your voice raises.
"The fabric couriers are always barely on time with their deliveries."
>"What do we do?" asks the messenger pony.
"Send Lickety Split to repair the cart immediately. Then, find Long Haul and tell him to gather his crew. I want him to take over the delivery so we can avoid another sloppy mistake. Split is fast - by the time Long Haul's crew arrives, the repairs will be finished."
>You look away from her for a moment to walk over to a large toolbox.
>From the toolbox, you produce a small hammer that matches the one on your flank.
>You engage eye contact with the messenger pony again, and approach her.
"I want you to take this and accompany Long Haul to the couriers."
>Her demeanor shifts to reveal her weak nerves. Her voice trembles. "M-me? You want me to-"
>You roll your eyes.
"Calm yourself. No, you only need to give it to them. They will know where to find me."
>Relieved, she collects herself, takes the hammer, and flies out the door.
>"Iron Hoof," Dowse says, "why didn't you have her deliver the punishment? This is unusual."
"If you want something done right, you do it yourself. You saw her, she couldn't. Besides, I have been meaning to speak with those fabric couriers myself. Now, let's get some work done before they return to the Station."
>Truthfully, this was also your favorite part of merchantry.
>Not that it affected your decision. You firmly believe in choosing the right pony for a job.
>You are very good at this job.
>>
>>29769106
Gud Jerab
Waiting for moar
>>
>>29769106

>An orange earth pony stallion wearing saddlebags stands alone with you in your cabin.
>Maps and plans are still scattered across the table. Dowse had stayed until the couriers arrived, leaving no time to clean up your work.
>You sent the other three couriers away. The blame belonged solely to this one.
"Give me the hammer, Quick Step."
>Managing to keep his composure, Quick Step removes it from his saddlebag and places it in your hoof.
>You pace across the floor for a little while before speaking again.
"A cockatrice. You ran your cart off of the road, because you thought you saw a cockatrice."
>"Yes, Iron Hoof, sir."
>You admire Quick Step for his integrity.
>He knows what it means when Iron Hoof sends you a hammer. Everyone does.
>Yet he walked into your cabin and made no attempt to shift blame to his crew.
>But that is where your admiration ends. He is useless.
>You walk up to him.
"You know that cockatrices only live in the Everfree Forest, which is miles away from Manehattan. So why did you think you saw a cockatrice?"
>You take the hammer in your mouth.
>He cannot hide his nerves anymore.
>"I-it really looked like a cockatrice for a moment. I guess my imagination-"
>You slam the hammer into his front left knee.
>As Quick Step wails, you spit the hammer into your hoof so you can speak.
>You return to pacing while he holds up his injured leg and his breathing speeds up.
"Quick Step... This is not the first time this has happened. Twice now, I have had to send a repairpony to rescue you."
>"I am very sor-"
>You sharply look directly into his fearful eyes.
"Actually, they are rescuing ME. Every delivery you delay puts MY reputation on the line!"
>>
>>29769410
Whoa dude I thought he was just a businessman, this has gone off the rails bro. But I'll keep reading
>>
>>29769410

>You maintain your glare for a moment before returning once again to pacing.
"But you knew that. I've told you this before. You know that the only reason I maintain a good reputation is because I have ponies I can depend on. Ponies like Long Haul and Lickety Split, who know they have a job to do, and know how to do it."
>You turn to glance at him from across the room.
"They don't need reminding. So why do you?"
>Quick Step shifts his gaze to the floor.
>You turn your eye to his flank to remind yourself of his cutie mark.
>It's a short sequence of hoofprints and arrows, like dance steps.
>He opens his mouth to speak, but hesitates.
"Perhaps it's your imagination. I know you like to dance. I'm sure you're very good at it, aren't you?"
>He can't look you in the eye.
>"Y-yes, sir."
"But dancing is not your job. Delivery is. And as long as you're working for me, I am going to ensure that you deliver. Is that clear?"
>Quick Step finally looks up to make eye contact.
>"Yes, Iron Hoof, sir." His voice trailed off slightly.
>He looks away nervously.
>"But-"
>You hate that word. Almost nothing good comes after someone starts with that word.
>It means someone isn't listening to you. They are about to defy you.
>Instantly, Quick Step looks ten times more foolish in your eyes.
>You can't stand his stupid orange coat.
>You take the hammer in your mouth again and put your entire body into swinging it, aiming for his nearest knee.
>It was the same knee as last time.
>Quick Step collapses with a deafening shriek.
>He holds his knee in his hoof, yelping with each short, sharp breath.
>You stand over him.
"I said: is that clear?"
>"YES!" he instantly shouts, pitifully.
>>
File: SneeringImperialist2.png (22KB, 193x215px) Image search: [Google]
SneeringImperialist2.png
22KB, 193x215px
Nice to see this thread again
I was about to bump it yesterday but it got pruned when I got back from classes

Anyway, thread theme:
https://youtu.be/yHNfvJc99YY

Rule Humanity, Humanity rule the world!
>>
>>29769662

>You watch him writhe for a few minutes.
>Yes, you are sure Quick Step will fall in line now.
>But he's not very good at this job, and he likely never will be. It's not his special talent.
>You feel better knowing that he will remember this, but you can't have him fail you again with your reputation being at stake.
>More imporantly, you absolutely must keep Foreleg Station running. It needs to thrive until you can start mining the iron.
>You're all for supporting Manehattan, but the acquisition of the iron itself isn't what drives you.
>You deeply enjoy mining. It makes you feel powerful. But even so, that is only part of your motivation.
>What really fulfills you is respect, and with the success of Foreleg Station, you have been reaping quite a lot of it.
>Merchantry isn't even your special talent, so you can only imagine how much better you will run an iron mine.
>You can imagine how much repect you will demand after having pulled off both of these projects with aplomb.
>Taking all this into consideration, your brand of punishment is completely necessary. It is effective, and that is what matters.
>Quick Step is still quivering in pain on the floor.
"Now, Quick Step, I want you to listen to me. I don't want to see you in here a fourth time, so I will give you a job that even you can't mess up."
>He is looking at you attentively. You like it.
>>
>>29769855

>You stand over him.
"You will now be tasked with unloading shipments as they arrive at the Station. It is less work than pulling a cart, and of course your pay will reflect that. It also happens that you will have more spare time."
>Quick Step's face perks up a little. You know he is thinking about dancing.
"But if I find that your little dancing hobby is getting in the way of your work, rest assured that you will find yourself here again. Your knee will heal this time, but you won't want to risk it next time."
>You turn to look at your favorite hammer, which rests upon a couple pegs on the wall.
>It's a mallet with an iron head and wooden handle. Its face is slightly larger than the average pony's hoof.
>It looks exactly like the one smashing the rock on your cutie mark.
>You hear Quick Step's breath become more panicked. You know he followed your gaze.
"Everyone here at Foreleg Station has a job to do, including you. I have made my expecations clear. Now get up, go see the nurse, and return to work once your knee recovers."
>You intentionally did not ask him if he understands. He does not have a choice.
>You extend your hoof to help him up.
>After a bit of struggling and adjusting, Quick Step takes it, grunting as he stands.
>You open the door, and he silently limps out.
>He takes one last glance back inside.
>Seeing your glare, he dares not speak, and he makes his way to the medical hut.
>This went well.
>Of course it did. Iron Hoof is good at his job.
>>
I will write more of this green later tonight. I've got some other things to take care of at the moment. I hope you are enjoying it - I have a good plan of where I'm going to take this, so if you want to see more, please keep the thread bumped. It is going to be a fairly long one, I think.
>>
File: IhfC5Me.jpg (123KB, 616x543px) Image search: [Google]
IhfC5Me.jpg
123KB, 616x543px
>>29768746
Reminder that Humanity is superior to any other xeno race
>>
Slavery and profit bump
>>
Promise bump. Stand by for a couple more hours.
>>
I don't think Equestria would just sit by and let one of it's provinces be taken by a foreign power. Obviously humanity may have the technological advantage but would they have the manpower to wage a war against the colorful cartoon horses?
>>
File: bump.png (736KB, 1388x778px) Image search: [Google]
bump.png
736KB, 1388x778px
>>29771636
>>
>>29768746
>spending hundreds of millions of dollars to conquer and enslave a country to mine fucking iron, the most abundant resource in the world
>not trading shit like internal combustion engines or gas for the literal tons of gems and gold that's just lying around while slowly making Equestria economically and militarily dependent on you
I'd defect from that empire as soon as possible, since it's clear it's getting ready to collapse from how retarded its leaders are.
>>
File: snmped2.png (20KB, 1223x305px) Image search: [Google]
snmped2.png
20KB, 1223x305px
>>29772826
This
Also >pic somewhat related
>>
>>29769937

>The next morning, you arrive in Ponyville with your merchant associates Big Bits and Fair Deal.
>You had insisted on leaving at the crack of Princess Celestia's dawn.
>Not because you are a morning pony - at least, no more than you are a night pony.
>No, it is because you understand how to get things done.
>The time of day itself makes no difference to you, but when you start earlier, there is more time to work with.
>Today, you have to go to Town Hall to talk trade with the Ponyville merchants.
>Big Bits and Fair Deal handle the mercantile side of things, but you have to be there because these details are important to the livelihood of Foreleg Station.
>You tolerated it.
>On your way to Town Hall, however, a scene catches your eye.
>From a distance, you see a mare berating a stallion who was standing next to a box that was about his size.
>You can't make out what she's saying, but you can tell that she is furious.
>The stallion's posture droops, and the mare turns to shout at a nearby pegasus, who then dashes away through the sky.
>The mare then moved to the stallion's side as the stallion used his unicorn magic to lift the box onto both of their shoulders, and they begin to trudge forward.
>It was a refreshing sight.
>>
Forgive me, but the things I had to do today took longer than expected. It's late, and I don't want to write when I'm sleepy because I want to get it right. I'm looking forward to writing more tomorrow, though.

Regarding the concern that iron is not valuable enough to fight over: yeah, you're probably right. I had already started writing before considering that, but I'm not going to change it now. I did set it in the past in order to make iron seem more like a more "high-tech" resource. Besides, oil doesn't appear to be a thing that matters in Equestria, if it even exists.

So, I'll likely work under the assumption that iron is rare in Equestria, or that they have a great need for it... something like that. Point is, in this story, iron is very valuable.
>>
File: WPF.jpg (401KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
WPF.jpg
401KB, 1920x2560px
>>29768746
>How do you break it to your qt horse gf that you must destroy her home and enslave all her friends?
Hey hon', I just really interesting book I thought you might want to have a look at..
>>
>>29773173
Understandable, family
Looking forward to the next part
>>
>page 9
>>
>>29773124

>"We were assured that she would be here in about fifteen minutes," said Stinkin' Rich.
>Ridiculous.
>What could she be doing that would make her so late to this meeting?
>You had never met this Tough Break mare, but you weren't looking forward to it.
>You decided to spend the fifteen minutes making introductions.
>There's no sense in wasting time.
>This is the first time you had attended one of these.
>Fair Deal and Big Bits had made the preliminary trade agreements that had established the current trade route between the town and the station, but now is the time for more advanced discussion.
>Among the chatter, you overhear that Tough Break is the viceroy of Ponyville.
>When the Apple settlement devleoped into a town, Princess Celestia noticed it needed governing so she sent Tough Break, a high-ranking Canterlot official.
>You find yourself questioning the princess' selection.
>>
>>29775255
So will any humans show up or will this be mainly about Iron Hoof?
Regardless, your green's good. Keep it up
>>
>>29775324
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy it.

No humans here. The setting is canon Equestria, shortly after Ponyville's founding. I'm filling in some blanks in canon, of course, but you get the idea.

Side-note: the town hall isn't the gazebo that you're used to seeing in the show. It hasn't been built yet, so currently it's an ordinary building. This isn't something I'd be able to mention in the writing, because it wouldn't make sense for Iron Hoof to notice the lack of a gazebo that doesn't exist yet.

More green very soon.
>>
>>29775255

>A blue pegasus mare with a purple mane finally comes through the door and takes a seat at the head of the table.
>"Sorry I'm late," she says, scowling. "Welcome to Ponyville, Foreleg Station representatives. I am Viceroy Tough Break. Let's get started. Stinkin' Rich?"
>She seems strangely familiar, but you can't put your hoof on it.
>Stinkin' Rich officially introduces himself, briefly explains the origin of the town, and expresses trade desires.
>It's mostly pretty mundane, although you take special note of their Zap Apple specialties.
>Magic food must be rather valuable.
>"...and we'd like to trade shipments of Zap Apple Jam for some of your precious stones. It is the finest jam in Equestria - a true luxury - and we understand you have some of the finest diamonds in Equestria. What do you say?"
>Big Bits releases a hardy laugh.
>"Diamonds for jelly? Hahaha, are you serious? No no no, that won't do!"
>He wipes a tear from his eye and finishes his chuckling.
>"We really do have the finest diamonds in Equestria. The only way we're going to trade those for APPLES is if you give us the rights to the Zap Apple farm! Maybe that will generate enough revenue to equal the worth of our gems. Haha, how about that?"
>He roars with laughter again.
>Fair Deal shrinks back.
>You are furious. You can't believe he would be so ignorant and pompous.
>He should know better than to say something that would sever ties with a trade partner like that.
>But before you can speak up, you are startled by a hoof slamming on the table.
>Bits' laughter stops abruptly.
>>
>>29775432

>"Enough! You, tell me your name," Tough Break barks, pointing at Big Bits.
>She is fuming.
>You are reminded of how familiar she seems. You swear you've seen her before...
>Bits' frustration mixes with his nerves.
>"I'm Big Bits, ma'am." He tries to appear angry, but his voice faulters slightly.
>"Alright, Big Bits," she says with sarcastic emphasis on his name. "Just who do you think you are? Do you think you can just come over here and dominate just because you hail from Manehattan?"
>She waits for a response.
>Once Bits realizes her question was not rhetorical, he pipes up.
>"W-well, I just thought our diam-"
>She slams the table again, then puts both front hooves on the table, leans forward, and unfurls her wings.
>You swear you've met her... but where?
>"No, you didn't think! Stinkin' Rich explained just how valuable our Zap Apples are, and if Foreleg Station thinks they're so important that they don't have to pay attention, I see no reason to do business with them. Our jam is top-bit, and we believe in fair deals around here."
>Fair Deal beams.
>Tough Break continues. "If you're not interested in that, then you can quit wasting my time and get out of here." She points to the door.
>That's it! You remember - she was the mare with the box from earlier!
>The way she pointed her hoof, her attitude... yes, it was certainly her.
>You didn't give her colors a second thought before, but now that you're thinking of it, she was indeed blue and purple.
>No wonder she was late.
>>
>>29775563

>You snap out of your memories to return to the situation at hoof.
>Tough Break just demanded your party's departure, and you sat silently with no response like a fool.
>Fair Deal speaks up, looking Tough Break in the eyes.
>"Excuse me, Tough Break, ma'am. Let me start by saying that I completely disagree with Big Bits' offer. You're right - Zap Apple Jam sounds like a luxury that Manehattanites would adore. My name is Fair Deal, and I would love to make an offer of our diamonds for your jam."
>He refused to glance at Big Bits, who sat baffled in his seat, mouth agape.
>You are thankful for Fair Deal's expertise - distancing Foreleg Station from Big Bits' indiscretion was the only way to move forward.
>A few moments pass.
>Tough Break's expression slowly shifts from fury to intrigue.
>"I see... then I think we can make our first agreement right now: Big Bits is an idiot, and he has no place at this table."
>She sits back down authoritatively.
>What a mare.
>Stinkin' Rich and Fair Deal stifle laughs.
>Big Bits desperately looks to you.
>You shoot him a cold glare, and nod your head at the door.
>He gets up and walks out of the room, hanging his head in dejection.
>You've never seen another pony take charge like this.
>She commands respect, and she knows exactly what to do with it.
>With someone like her in charge, Ponyville must be very industrious.
>You find yourself looking forward to this trade partnership.
>Once the door closes behind the stallion, Stinkin' Rich clears his throat.
>"Well... now then, let us discuss specifics. First, we must establish a trade rate of jam to diamonds..."
>You shake your head to clear your mind.
>Yes, back to business.
>These are the important details.
>But you can't help but take note of every little thing she does...
>>
That's all for the moment. Please keep the thread bumped if you want more. I hope you do, because I am having fun writing it.

I've got half a mind to ask drawfags to draw some of these characters. Maybe I'll ask the drawthread for it later.
>>
OP that's a great writing prompt. I laughed rather hard. 10/10
>>
>>29775654

>You and Fair Deal arrive at Foreleg Station in the late afternoon.
>You two had spent the return trip debriefing the meeting.
>He explained some finer mercantile details that you missed, and discussed long-term goals.
>He impressed you. You fully intend to bring him to every Ponyville meeting.
>If he keeps this up, you see him going very far.
>Perhaps he can take over the Station once the mine opens.
>Fair Deal mentioned that you seemed unusually excited about trading with Ponyville.
>Perhaps you were a little more excited than you had thought.
"What can I say? Those ponies know how to get stuff done. I think our relationship with Ponyville will grow very strong."
>Big Bits wasn't with you, and you assumed he had scampered directly back home after being thrown out of the meeting.
>You make a mental note to send a hammer to him later.
>He didn't need a major punishment. You will let a messenger deliver a small beating.
>Tough Break's humiliating lashing was punishment enough, but you do have to make sure he knows he's not off the hook with you.
>For now, you have to get with Deep Dowse to make more progress on locating the iron deposits.
>On the way to Dowse's cabin, you spot Quick Step.
>His limp was still apparent.
>You can tell he is pretending not to notice you as he slips into a nearby hut.
>How pathetic.
>Demoting him was the right choice.
>>
More tomorrow.
>>
Okay, so green didn't happen today.
>>
>>29780272
No but mlpol happened. That was quite the experience in itself.
>>
>>29780299
That's for sure. I would never have expected the boards to end up getting along, but I really should have.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.