[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So are they ever going to bring up that greed growth thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

So are they ever going to bring up that greed growth thing again or nah?
>>
>>29765756
Is Twilight ever going to face consequences for using dark magic?

Oh wait, it's "alicorn" magic now.

Fuck you and fuck Hasbro and fuck you.
>>
A smart author will use it as a secret ace in the hole, instead of rainbow power or whatever the fuck the new bullshit is

>our writers
>smart
>>
File: 249.gif (834KB, 733x600px) Image search: [Google]
249.gif
834KB, 733x600px
>>29765756
Don't even lie to yourself you it was a one time thing
>>
>>29765769
I don't get how even IDW writers fucked it up so badly, the Guardians of Harmony toy was explicitly designed to be Spike taking control of his greed growth as a weapon but they turned it into an effect of some retarded potion.

Then again the only thing worse than the show's "Just here for a season, then on to Disney" writers are the IDW ones.
>>
>>29765775
Like Luna's personality
>>
>>29765756
It would be pretty neat if they do revisit it with the mane 7 being in trouble or something and Spike being urged to use his greed to grow and combat the threat but Spike is afraid to do so out of concern that he wouldn't be able to control himself. Anyway eventually he would learn how to control himself out of love for his friends and actually have a good moment where he isn't shat on.
>>
File: mistake.jpg (261KB, 700x444px) Image search: [Google]
mistake.jpg
261KB, 700x444px
> giving Spike any real character growth

shit we still dont know:

- how does his fire transport letters
- did he ever have parents
- how old was his egg before twilight hatched it
- does he secretly look at Twilight as his mom
- does Twilight look at him as her son
- who took care of him as an infant? is the comic canon?
- could he even find a girl dragon attractive, being brought up as a horse?
- does he ever regret being a dragon and wish he was a horse?
- does he ever feel lonely?
- will he ever make friends who arent Twilight's friends?
- do he and big mac enjoy each other's company or do they just hang out because they are both outsiders?
- does spike eat meat?
- if given the option, would he even enjoy meat?
- does spike eat hay/oats like a horse?

And that's just spike. We could easily make lists that long for the rest of the main cast.
Do pegasus molt? If a unicorn breaks its horn, does it feel pain? Can the horn grow back? Are Zebras considered a type of earth pony that has more control over its magic?

Good fucking luck getting any of that shit answered before the show ends in season 12 or whatever.
>>
>>29765788
The episode where the whole greed growth thing came from was so weird because Larson didn't even think it was important, and now they have Ember and could probably explain it better. It's just that it has been five seasons since we last saw it.

>>29765796
No one on staff even thought people gave a fuck about Spike until they saw how poorly people reacted to him in S5. They believed that he was just slapstick and that all of these questions weren't things people were thinking about.

It was all a mistake.
>>
>>29765796
>- how does his fire transport letters
I always just assumed that was a spell of Twilight's and not something intrinsic to dragons
>- did he ever have parents
Doesn't really matter at this point.
>- how old was his egg before twilight hatched it
I wouldn't be surprised if dragon eggs didn't hatch naturally and were instead kept in a sort of lockdown state until some external stimulus cracks them open
>- does he secretly look at Twilight as his mom
Almost certainly since she raised him and spends the most time with him.
>- does Twilight look at him as her son
Hard to say. She obviously cares for him but treats him more as a younger brother which is strange considering how he seems to view her
>- who took care of him as an infant? is the comic canon?
Unfortunately but if something in the show were to contradict it then it would safely become the new canon
>- could he even find a girl dragon attractive, being brought up as a horse?
Probably
>- does he ever regret being a dragon and wish he was a horse?
He's never seemed to be ashamed of being a dragon. If anything he seems to take some pride in it (dragon license)
>- does he ever feel lonely?
It's been shown a few times
>- will he ever make friends who arent Twilight's friends?
Guys Night shows he has
>- do he and big mac enjoy each other's company or do they just hang out because they are both outsiders?
They seemed to genuinely enjoy one another's company in the above episode
>- does spike eat meat?
Don't know but we don't know anything about what dragons eat, really
>- if given the option, would he even enjoy meat?
Probably not I'd wager.
>- does spike eat hay/oats like a horse?
I think we've seen him eating what other horses eat before. Gems seem to be nothing more than a tasty treat for him rather than a staple of his diet.
>>
>>29765796
>>29765851
No way Spike sees Twilight as a mom. She woke him up once and he explicitly said she's not his mommy.
>>
>>29766224
A sister, then?
>>
>>29765851
The parent angle could be cool if his parents had an important role in history.
Who knows, maybe they've been asleep this whole time (dragonshy shows they take really long naps) and are gonna wake up and notice their egg is gone and go out looking for it.
>>
>>29766277
I'd like to hear this, but I hope they wouldn't chicken out.
>>
File: Spike_full_of_gems_S1E24.png (871KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Spike_full_of_gems_S1E24.png
871KB, 1280x720px
>- does spike eat meat?
>Don't know but we don't know anything about what dragons eat, really

It's like you guys don't even watch the show. Dragons love gems.
We've also seen spike eat ice cream, candy, cake. Technically dog treats in the Human World. Carrots. Hay, and oats. Popcorn. Apples. Nachos. He even swallowed a magic book once.
I think it's safe to say dragon can eat anything.
>>
>>29767126
Has any species been shown to eat meat?
>>
>>29766224
But then who would he say is?
He obviously was dreaming about someone.
>>
>>29765756
Most likely it was a one time thing. Unless the writers run out of ideas and decided to look back at the earlier episodes again.
>>
>>29765756
its one of the only things that should be retconned just because theres no way it can make sense with every other bit or lore we have on dragons.

>>29765796
>Can the horn grow back?
considering they file them down at the spa i would say they grow back.

>>29765811
>until they saw how poorly people reacted to him in S5
overall in s5 he was fine, and great in s6. the only episode from either about him thats universally hated is princess spike.

>>29767209
nothing sapiant, but flutters did feed fish to some other animals.
>>
>>29767274
What is the other bit, that they sleep?
>>
>>29767274
I liked princess spike
>>
>>29767278
the episodes weve had about dragons aside from secret of my excess have shown greedy teenage dragons which already contradicts the "greed makes you grow" lore. spike also became a mindless drone while collecting loot while every other dragon has been perfectly conscious.
>>
>>29767290
Only headcanon has explained it (that typically young dragons have a hoard and don't get exposed to it all at once) but yeah what you said makes more sense.

What it doesn't explain is why he has no wings. I mean it isn't his adult form but I'm amazed that it has rarely come up.
>>
>>29767293
the other dragons mentioned it but no one else has. even the staff seem to avoid that question. the only reason he was designed without wings as far as i can tell is because his previous iterations didnt have them either.
>>
>>29767302
Yeah, but only once and not like it was anything odd. But the design choice from previous gens was definitely why.
>>
>>29765788
>mane 7
Gas all glimmerfags.
>>
>>29767334
Mane Seven is always M6 plus Spike.
>>
>>29765796
The movie feature a unicron with a broken horn so it seem that it doesn't regrow
>>
>>29767361
Discord is mane8
>>
>>29767601
>Discord
>part of the mane group
He's just there to bang Fluttershy every now and then. Nothing more.
>>
>>29765785
Oooooohhhh.
>>
>>29765756
Secret of my Excess was stupid as shit. Especially the |dragon" design which looked more like a baby-faced Godzilla.

Is Spike secretly a dinosaur?
>>
>>29767126
>It's like you guys don't even watch the show. Dragons love gems.
Well excuuuseeee me princess. But we haven't been shown a dragon enjoying gems since Ticket Master, Over a Barrel, A Dog and Pony Show and Owl's That Ends Well.

You know, back when the show actually had an identity.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.