[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Historical Perspective (CYOA) Thread the IX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 2

File: grooming a rock.png (517KB, 1290x908px) Image search: [Google]
grooming a rock.png
517KB, 1290x908px
Still jarred from your surprisingly soft landing on this grand contradiction that is solid liquid, you and Shale stand up slowly. Starswirl's marefriend and Lenna stare at you eagerly, awaiting your arrival on the edge of this oddly energized pool. Best not to keep them waiting too long, you suppose.
Still tentative of this bizarre experience, both you and Shale make your way gingerly across, the "ground" beneath your hooves feathery soft with each step. You wonder at the sorcery Rain must be pulling to make such a large body of water act this way. You've never heard of unicorn magic like this. Is it even magic at all? You certainly don't see her horn glowing.
Coming to the edge of the pool, you and Shale step onto the floor proper. Rain removes her hooves from the water, and it seems to return to it's normal state. And the pool still seems to radiate with energy, remnants of whatever Rain was doing. You watch as Shale dips a hoof in, testing the waters, only to find that they have in fact returned to their natural, flowing, liquid state.
Giving your attention to Rain, you notice that her forelegs seem to radiate with something, practically crackling with energy of some sort. Is this perhaps the same energy that flowed through you?
"It's impolite to stare, you know." ,she says flirtatiously. "How would you're brother feel if he knew you were looking over his special somepony?"
"O-Oh, uh, sorry about that." ,you remark apologetically. "I'm just surprised to see that you'll be my teacher, is all."
"As I knew you would be. After all, a unicorn? Teaching an Earth pony magic? It sounds absolutely preposterous, does it not?"
"Aye, it does." ,you say, though it was no more preposterous when you though Tela would be teaching you. "I was thinking that I might be sent to some Earth village to train. Is that not a possible alternative?"
"Ah, you wound me, Ghost Scribe! Am I not a good enough teacher for you? I jest of course, but sadly for you, that is not an option."
>>
>>29752308
Well, I'm ready to learn whatever you're willing to teach me.
>>
>>29752308
So if it's possible to have a unicorn do earth pony magic, then why not just have me do unicorn magic? I'm more familiar with them anyway.
>>
>>29752308
As Scribe I say, please explain your earth magic. How is that possible?

As me I say, what kind of bullshit is up with a unicorn doing seemingly advanced Earth pony magic.
>>
>>29752325 >>29752353
>>29752618

A shame about not being able to visit a proper Earth village. But, as you think about the situation, another conundrum pops into your head.
"So, Rain," you begin. "If it's possilbe for a unicorn to do Earth pony magic, then why not just teach me to do unicorn magic. I'm more familiar with unicorns, anyway."
"If only it worked that way, Scribe." ,you hear Lenna say. She strides up to you and Rain, continuing her statement. As an Earth Pony, it is physically impossible to do the magic a unicorn is capable of manifesting. You lack a horn. Simple as that."
"Well, then could you please explain how Rain's earth magic to me? How is that possible?" ,you ask, confused and slightly upset.
"I'd be happy to explain, Scribe." Rain, says. "Even if it is none of your business."
"In my younger days, I was the rebellious sort. Overly so, some would say. Though given my home, I don't think many would blame me. To make a very long story short, I ran away from home,and never went back. I fell in with a group of kindly Earth pony monks, who taught me the value inner strength, and platitudes such as that."
"So to answer your question, Ghost Scribe, years of grueling training is how I learned to do what I do. Something you won't have to worry about, since you already hold the strength of an Earth pony within in you. Is that a satisfying answer?"
"I... I suppose it is. Well, I'm ready to learn whatever you're willing to teach me."
Rain smiles, pleased by your answer. "Good, good. Now, before we can begin, I have to know if you understand."
"Understand what?" ,you ask.
"Understand yourself, Ghost Scribe. What makes you you? Who is the Earth pony that is Ghost Scribe? Who is the you that you think you are?"
>>
>>29752703
I'll accept your explanation but I still think it's kind of bullshit. Devalues earth pony magic if any unicorn or pegasus can do it.

Well... before, I had only my brother to live for. The only thing I had and to look forward to was being his Scribe. Now my world has expanded beyond my village and the shed I slept in. I live for my friends and also the king, as any good knight should. I love the written word, both reading and writing. Truly it is my passion, and if my mark is to believed, my destiny.
>>
>>29752703
Iam a pony and a scribe. A brother and a son. A golden sun that protects his kingdom and it's ponies. And I have hopes that one day all ponies will live in peace and harmony.
>>
>>29752785
>>29752950
"Well... that's a tough one isn't it. Who am I? Who am I...",you ponder. It's several minutes before you have an answer, but Rain is patient with you.
"Before, I had Starswirl to live for. The only thing I had to look forward to in life was being his scribe. And I genuinely did look forward to it. I am a scribe, in trade and in talent. I love the written word, reading it and writing it, and I would find no greater happiness than in the destiny my mark suggests."
"But now," you continue. "My world has extended far beyond the shed I slept in, beyond even the scope of my village. I live for my friends, for Starswirl, and for my king, as any good knight should."
"I am a Golden Sun, shining bright over this kingdom, and I will deign to protect this kingdom and the ponies within, even if we do not share a race. Because within my heart I hope that all ponies will someday live in peace and harmony!"
These last words escape you with more passion than you've ever said anything. You never realized how strongly you felt about this. Having been an Earth among Unicorns for so long, all you've ever wanted is to be treated as an equal. At some point, without you realizing, it had extended to include all of pony-kind.
A bit surprised at yourself, you watch as Rain looks you over, swishing her opinions back and forth in her mouth, like a well-aged wine.
"Hmph." ,she says. "You seem to know yourself very well. That actually saves us a fair bit of time. You're a lucky one, to know yourself so well..." ,she trails off. She snaps back to attention quickly though.
"No time to waste, Ghost Scribe. If you have any questions, ask them now, because once we start, you won't have the chance."
>>
>>29753195
I got nothin', let's see how this goes.
>>
>>29753195
Will it hurt? Golet may interfere to protect me.
>>
>>29753195
What really is "Earth PONY magic"? If any pony can do it, is it not simply Earth magic?
>>
>>29753215 >>29753236
>>29753363

"I've got a couple, actually." ,you say. "What exactly is Earth PONY magic? If it's not unique to Earth ponies, then why not call it Earth magic?"
"A good question, that." ,Rain says. "But one better answered by Lenna, I feel."
"Yes, yes, I'd love to explain!" ,Lenna says eagerly. "You see, when I said you lacked a horn, I meant that you lacked a "horn". Does that make sense?"
"Not really, no." ,you say.
"Ah, well, you see, I say horn as in catalyst. Unicorns have a natural focal point from which we release our magic, our horns. Quite some centuries ago, along with many other legendary weapons, several catalysts were created to act as such focal points, to allow certain Earth ponies to use magic as we Unicorns do."
"But even then, intense training was required on their end to even be capable of using the magic in such a way. Earth pony and Unicorn magics are just inherently different, and for one to use the other requires remarkable strength and dedication."
"Ten years of my life I'm never getting back..." ,Rain remarks.
"And nopony is privy to how Pegasus magic works." ,Lenna continues. "We just don't know. But in any case, that's where the clarification lies."
"Hmm..., well, what of the training then? Will it hurt? Shale may interfere to protect."
"I shall!" ,Shale interjects. You pat her head in appreciation. Rain, however, seems to scoff at the notion.
"If you need a Golet to protect you from some breathing exercises, then I don't know what to tell you, Ghost Scribe. She's free to accompany you during our session, however, if that makes the both of you more comfortable. Do you find that agreeable, Scribe?"
>>
>>29753719
I do.
>>
>>29753719
Well excuse me Miss rain, you never clarified what we were doing.
>>
>>29753719
Sure. If breathing is all I have to do, Shale has no reason to be worried. Say just hypothetically, if it had an catalyst, what would an earth pony have to learn and exercise to do unicorn magic?
>>
>>29753789
I just get tired of characters leading us into things blindly. Just explain something for once, damnit.
>>
>>29753728 >>29753741
>>29753782

"Well, excuse me Miss Rain," ,you start off indignantly. "But you never clarified what we were doing."
"Now, now, no need to get snippy, Scribe." ,she says. "You'll see what we're doing soon enough. Nothing unusual; just breathing exercises, like I said. And none of that :Miss" stuff. It's just Rain."
"Well, okay then, Rain. I suppose as long as Shale can accompany, I'm fine. But, one thing on my mind-"
"I'm sure there's far more on your mind, but please, go ahead."
"Right, well..., I wanted to know: if I were to acquire one of these catalysts, and this is just a hypothetical, mind you, but what would an Earth pony have to learn and exercise to do unicorn magic?"
"It's not really something you should be concerning yourself with, Scribe." ,Lenna interrupts. "It's highly unlikely you'd ever come into contact with a catalyst. And in the event you did, the mental gymnastics required to wrap your head around the concepts that go into using one would require years of study on your end. Years that we don't really have, I'm sorry to say."
"And it's not like you have to feel bad about me being able to use Earth pony magic, Scribe." ,Rain Resumes. "As far as I know, I'm the only unicorn capable of doing so. It's not something I take lightly, and neither should you."
"Now that's enough questions. Like I said, I don't want to waste time. Follow me outside; your training starts as soon as you see the sky."
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29754709
Question, what was the reasoning behind giving Rain erf pone magik?
>>
>>29754709
I wish I could tell you anon.
>>
>>29754787
It just seems like the sole unicorn that can master earth pony magic would be up to something more than running an inn. Then again, they somehow got in touch with her to train us...
>>
Hello, binged the quest today. Also im pretty damn sure that Rain is the missing sister of foresight they asked us to see.

She was EXTREMELY confident in her relationship with starswirl. Additionally we know that she was from... damnit I forgot the name of the city.

Also she they specifically mentioned that she ran away, and she has as well.

Drop a little hint perhaps?
>>
>>29755666
That makes a lot of sense, thanks Satan.
>>
>>29755666
>>29754698
This. It is pretty obvious that she's from Negra Beliza. She mentioned being rescued by an Earth, only to see him being killed by her town. That, and her mentioning not trusting someone from said town, plus recognizing our tome. Beliza is racism incarnate.
She really is the only pony that fits the description we got. I wanted to mention it later, since it would be a bit sudden to point it out right before our training, not to mention directly in front off Lenna. Damn you Satan, you beat me to it.
>>
>>29756702
>>
Truth be told, I had completely forgotten about the whole missing sister thing.
>>
>>29757342
>>
File: 1489961237225.gif (2MB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489961237225.gif
2MB, 550x400px
Gif bump.
>>
As you four walk outside, Lenna beside you, Rain in front of you, and Shale just behind you, you wonder at what this training might be. Breathing exercises, as she said, but what kind of exercises? She's being remarkably vague, and you don't like that. You're also a tad suspicious. You recall her saying some time ago, the first time you met, that she was from Negra Beliza. She detested her father, she watched an earth pony executed for no reason at all, she ran away from home... all these things add up in your mind, forming a ring of suspicion around your perception of who Rain is and what she claims to be.
There is little time to humor your conspiracy though, as in the time it took you to think about it, you had made your way outside. The walk felt considerably shorter than in previous trips. Rain wastes no time, as you hit the outside, the cold air chilling you as it had not before.
"Refreshing, isn't it?" ,Rain says. "That bitter winter chill? It keeps me nice and awake, keeps my lungs in shape. And that's what you're going to be doing today: keeping your lungs in shape. Strengthening your lungs, your breathing, your core."
"And how will we be doing that?" ,you ask.
"With a good old fashioned marathon run." ,she says. "Run til you can't run anymore. And I'll let you in on a little secret; if you can't run anymore, you're doing it wrong. Now, you're going to be running laps around the city for me, no choice there. But I will give you a choice as to where in the city you'll be running. You run on along the inner walls, atop the wall itself, or along the outer wall, in the unforgiving cold of the snow beyond this city. Mae your choice quickly."
>>
>>29758922
Atop the wall?
>>
>>29758922
If we have a choice, then it must make a difference. While running along the inner walls sounds the safest, I doubt well get close to earth or master our breathing that way. But running in the snow is only going to force us to hold back because of the cold. Atop the wall it is.
>>
>>29758922
It's a test. We are Earthkin and we shall persevere the elements! Our stance is firm! Outside the wall.
>>
>>29759070
Actually, you make a strong point. I'll change my vote to this.
>>
>>29758930 >>29759061
>>29759070 >>29759095

If there's a choice to be had here, then surely there must be a meaning behind each choice. To run along the inner wall, would be safest, but you doubt you would gain much in the way of actual training from it. And to run atop it... well, you'd certainly be more exposed to the elements. And yet...
"I would like to run along the outer wall, Rain." ,you declare.
"Oh?" ,she says. "And why is that?"
"Because I am Earthkin, and my place is among the elements. My stance is firm, and I will train in the cold of the outer wall!"
She stares at you in a way that makes you feel as though you chose incorrectly. But then a smile, small and yet massive, appears on her face.
"As good a reason as any. I admire the dedication you show. All right. Outside it is then."

A long walk to the gates later, you're standing at something of a makeshift starting line.
"I'll run alongside you, meeting your pace." Rain says. "Lenna will be waiting here, for when your exercise is over."
"For what purpose?" ,you ask.
"For the lesson proper!" ,Lenna says eagerly.
"That is," Rain interjects. "If you're ready. But I trust that you'll have reached some kind of milestone by the end of this. Now enough chitchat! Focus your breathing, pick a pace, and go until you can't go anymore!"
You channel your breathing as you did with Tela. The energy flows through you, revitalizing you. The chill can't touch you, the snow means nothing. Now to pick a pace: Slow and steady, fast and furious, or some middle ground?
>>
>>29759351
Considering Scribe's attitude, slow and steady.
>>
>>29759351
The purpose is to go as long as we can. Go just fast enough that we wouldn't be able to easily hold a conversation with someone running beside us. That should allow us to focus on breathing and increase our endurance.
>>
>>29759378
>>29759385

You figure that given the purpose of this exercise, that to go at a slower pace would be to your greater benefit. But, if you go slowly, you won't really gain much will you... maybe not slow then. But, not fast, per se. Just fast enough that you can keep your breath. That's the point of this, a breathing exercise. No point in getting yourself winded trying to impress anypony.
Full of vigor and prepared to strengthen yourself, you start off at a canter. Rain trots beside you, her breath a vacuous constant, an infinite inhale with no exhale. You wonder at how she does it, but begin to lose your focus and cease it, taking your canter to a gallop, and then a mild run. You can feel your chest locking up, and slow yourself slightly to maintain the healthy cycle of inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale....
It's not long before all you can focus on is running and breathing. Your body does not grow tired, yet your mid grows weary. The sun climbs slowly, as you round the city for the first time. Lenna waves and shouts encouragement out you, but you can't make it out, only watching as Shale makes her own gallop to catch up to you.
"Master!" ,she says, breathlessly, needing no air. "Lenna says it has been approximately one hour since you started this run. I am not sure if this is good or not, but Miss Lenna seemed very excited!"
"An hour, you say?" ,Rain remarks, even her speech unable to stop her breathing. In fact, despite having to keep pace with you, she seems almost totally unaffected by this physical acticity. "That's quite impressive. I'd say that's a milestone, if anything. If you'd like, we can stop now. Of course, that is... unless you want to keep going?"
>>
>>29759889
Keep going. We're no quitter.
>>
Ask her if she has any advice on running technique or breathing.

Also try taking in the energy of the earth, or feeling our own.

Keep going. But not too hard you do have magic lessons later.
>>
>>29759889
Keep it going
>>
>>29759902 >>29759992
>>29760167

Silently, you continue running, using your eyes to convey your answer. Rain smiles at you in response.
"And onward we march. Go until you can't go, Scribe!"
You take these words to heart, continuing your run. Another hour passes, Rain and Shale keeping pace with you. Another round around the city. At last your body is finally starting to tire.Your breathing starts to run a bit ragged, and you slow down. But you don't want to slow down. You want to keep running. You want to prove yourself!
"Master, are you well?" ,Shale inquires. "You seem tired. I believe you should rest." Her words ring true. You are getting tired. But as you just told yourself, and as you're sure Shale can see, you don't want to give up just yet.
"Onward, Scribe onward! I saw you before, you were in such a good space. Empty your mind, focus on your breathing, and march onward! Feel your connection to the Earth beneath your hooves, and march! Onward!"
Her yelling, oddly enough, makes emptying your mind easier, despite it's jarring nature. Your head clears and all worldly sensation fades. All you can feel, is your heartbeat; all you can hear is your breathing. And... Rains breathing? It's so loud now. Her heartbeat as well. It pulsates through the ground, and reverberates through you, acting as an indicator of her presence. And you can feel so many others. One, two, three... countless ponies. Atop the wall, within the city... so much life. So much presence! It's almost... too much to take in...
You snap back to your mundane senses. You seem to have arrived back at the gate. You're slowing down again. but you aren't being admonished or encouraged to go on.
"Three hours." Rain starts, as you slow to a stop. "Three laps around the city. Well and good, fine and dandy that. How are you feeling?"
>>
pausing
>>
>>29760388
Not near as tired as would normally be considered after a three hour run.
>>
>>29760388
Surprisingly NOT as tired as I thought.
Must be the magic?
>>
>>29760706
Good enough for the rest of my lessons, could go for some water
>>
https://youtu.be/GrZzNbtjt7A?list=PLRoEwf3GVNdAqON5MUWq_1nbRO45rpAE_&t=573
>>
>>29762150
>>
>>29762635
>>
>>29760706
>Must be the magic?
Fucking duh.
>>
>>29763206
>>
>>29760466 >>29760706
>>29761047

"I feel... good!" ,you exclaim. "Not nearly as bad as I thought I would feel, that's for sure. Especially since I just went through a three hour run."
"That's just the tip of it when it comes to Earth pony magic." ,Rain says. "Enhanced stamina, a propensity for physical activity in general; most Earth ponies are only aware of this magic on a base level. The monks taught me greater understanding and I intend to pass it to you."
"And I'm eager to learn." ,you respond. "Though, I'm a bit thirsty after all this."
"There's snow all about us." ,Rain says dryly. "If you thirst, partake and slake. We've no time to be fetching water. Too much to be done."
"She's right, Scribe." ,Lenna says. "And I am to aid in this particular lesson. I'm not so well versed in the ways of Earth magic, but the workings of the body are my specialty."
"I noticed you became a bit glazed in the eyes during the last leg of the third lap." ,Rain says. "Your Golet noticed as well. Worried her for a moment. But I know what you saw, or rather, what you felt. The breath and beat of every pony for miles."
That is indeed what you felt. Couldn't make heads or tails of what any of it meant, but you felt it. Overwhelmed you, it did.
"The ability to detect life is a strong one, Scribe." ,Lenna explains. "And one you must learn to control and hone."
"She speaks truth, Scribe." .Rain says. "Would do you no good to have a constant barrage of other pony's senses assaulting your own."
"Well, alright. But how exactly do you intend to teach me?" ,you ask, curious as to how Lenna fits into this equation.
"Well," Lenna begins. "We have two options at the moment. I could instruct you on general magic theory, and how to differentiate between the various life signs of the ponies around you-
"Or we can get physical and make you perfect with practice." ,Rain interrupts confidently. "What'll it be, Scribe?"
>>
>>29764244
Let us begin with the former
>>
>>29764244
Since we just went physical, a change of pace should be in order. Writing down instructions like a scribe also sounds more our speed.
>>
>>29764244
>>29764293
Right.
>>
>>29764293
Thisity this.
>>
>>29764257 >>29764293
>>29764304 >>29764315

"I'd like to start with the former, if you both please."
Lenna seems excited by this while Rain seems... not quite disappointed. Relieved, perhaps? No, that's not it. But whatever she feels, you can see the energy leaving her, almost as if she were deflating. The air of confidence and power does not leave her, but it certainly becomes more subdued. She sits herself down in the snow, and you watch as it melts around her, creating a patch of dry dirt.
You follow suit and sit as well. To your surprise, the snow melts around you as well! The patch is also significantly larger, big enough for both you and Shale to sit within. Shale sidles up to you, as Lenna sits next to Rain, just across from the two of you.
"Theory it is then." Rain says.
"And what fun we'll have here, learning!" ,Lenna says, excited. "I hope you're ready to write, write and write some more!"
"Of course!" ,you reply eagerly. "Proper note taking is the key to true understanding of any given subject, and as a scribe, the ability to take notes is invaluable to true understanding of the past."
You eagerly grab writing materials from your saddle bags, when a thought dawns on you. If Rain hadn't made the water solid, everything in your bags would likely be in a state of ruin. Not exactly important in this moment, but a thought funny and frightening all in the same wave.
In any case, you pull your journal from the bag, as well as a quill and ink, fully prepared to write notes as best you can. Shale awaits eagerly as well, treasuring the opportunity to learn and spend time with you.
"All right then, let's get started. Oh, but, which would you like start on first? Magical theory or bodily function?"
>>
I'm so sorry I'm writing so slow
>>
>>29764895
Theory, then we can lead into bodily function.
>>
I'm so sorry, but I just can't think anymore today. I'm so, so sorry. I don't even know if I can run tomorrow because I have to go see a dentist. I promise I'll make it up to you on Friday, please please don't be upset
>>
>>29764895
What about magical function and bodily theory?

>>29765246
You worry too much if you think a few posts will make most here unreasonably angry. Lighten up, Mora
>>
>>29765246
Calm down mang. Don't take cyoa so seriously. We're not going to freak the fuck out.
>>
>>29766251
>>
>>29766794
Theoretically
>>
>>29767522
>>
>>29767942
>>
>>29769347
>>
>>29769994
>>
>>29770328
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.