[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you rather the show stay exactly how it is right now, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13

File: 1489048714223.png (110KB, 687x729px) Image search: [Google]
1489048714223.png
110KB, 687x729px
Would you rather the show stay exactly how it is right now, or have Sunset completely replace Starlight?
>>
>>29710424
Can I kill myself?
>>
File: SmugGlimmy.png (234KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SmugGlimmy.png
234KB, 600x600px
>>29710424
>Wanting yellow glimmer
Anon...
>>
File: 1488488188467.gif (184KB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488488188467.gif
184KB, 853x1024px
>>29710424
I choose sunset!

isn't she much older than twilight though?
>>
>>29710430
Yes, that is always an option, but one of the other paths will still play out.
>>
>>29710452
That's fine, I don't have to watch trainwrecks from oblivion.
>>
>>29710451
It's widely debated what their age difference is, but it's commonly agreed upon that Sunset is a few years older than Twi.
>>
>>29710424
Better option, Shim Glim spinoff where they fix friendship problems across dimensions
>>
>>29710487
I'd watch it.
>>
>>29710424
I rather have both of them.
>>
>>29710424
I'd rather the show highlight pinkie pies cuckquean fetish.
>>
File: 1041403.jpg (2MB, 3000x1715px) Image search: [Google]
1041403.jpg
2MB, 3000x1715px
>>29710487
>>29710561
These. Sunset and Starlight are both awesome
>>
Why not have Sunset replace Twilight instead?
>>
Sunset, done and done. Get the crappy purple unicorn out of the show
>>
File: 1489288718792.jpg (24KB, 550x673px) Image search: [Google]
1489288718792.jpg
24KB, 550x673px
>>29710601
That ain't such a bad idea.
>>
>>29710424
Is the replacement retroactive? i.e., instead of Starlight's weird equality village and EqG, we get Sunset entering as an antagonist at the beginning of S5 by stealing the elements from the tree?

Because frankly, I'd find that much more palatable than either of their current positions:
>Instead of know-nothing unicorn living in the middle of nowhere, we get an already-talented pony who spent years under the tutelage of the highest minds in the land
>Instead of "my friend didn't write me anymore", we get a pony tempted into darkness by the promise of power
>Instead of Sunset deciding to invade Equestria with an army of fucking teenagers, she could rally any of the considerable forces at play in Equestria itself
>Instead of "literally better than an alicorn for no reason", she is boosted by an artifact we know to be staggeringly powerful already
>Instead of "lol I'm a good guy now even though you've said nothing relevant to me", Sunset would have an actual reason to listen to Twilight's words

Ideally, Starlight's role in the show would have been Trixie's; her arc put her in a prime position to become Twilight's student in turn. Between Sunset and Starlight, though, Baconhair has my vote.
>>
>>29710424
I'd rather die
>>
File: 1451062936309.png (247KB, 388x326px) Image search: [Google]
1451062936309.png
247KB, 388x326px
>>29710424
Stop pushing this shitty meme, why would you even want Sunset in FiM? Like for what fucking purpose, then we just have yet another Twilight clone there.

She's perfectly fine in EQG and she's a great character there, injecting her into FiM will just spawn more shitty, cancerous episodes bar the Celestia reconciliation one.
>>
>>29710667
I think it would've been better if eqg never happened. Have Sunset replace Sunburst.
>>
>More Twilight recolors
No thanks.
>>
>>29710703
"EqG never happened" was already part of what I was suggesting.
>>
>>29710581
Who draws all these sleepy poners?
>>
File: 1481065659618.jpg (235KB, 2000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1481065659618.jpg
235KB, 2000x1250px
>>29711036
NCmares.
One of the gods of the fandom.
His alias for when he does lewds is rapps
>>
File: 63820167589334.jpg (43KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
63820167589334.jpg
43KB, 500x362px
>>29710441
>>29711088
>>
>>29710698
You're missing the point. The suggestion what if EqG never existed, and Sunset was introduced in the show in the first place. Starlight wouldn't exist either, since Sunset would already be filling her slot.
>>
>>29711186
Could still be shit, I don't see the point.
>>
>>29711160
Do you not like lewd poner?
>>
>>29710857
But Twilight recolors are cool.
>>
They're literally the same character just with different colors
>>
>>29711573
Are there people who actually think this?
>>
>>29711581
Unfortunately, yes.
>>
>>29711581
>Le ebil majik horse gets rekt by Twiggler
>WAAAAH I'M SO SAWWY ;(
>It's k we're all your best friends now
>Spend an entire hour's worth of screentime crying about "MUH PAST"
>Somehow this is 2deep4me and they become an elder god-tier character with their """redemption"""
>Get rewarded constantly for doing literally nothing and somehow have insane magical power even though Twilight was supposed to be the strongest unicorn ever
>Have 0 personality beyond crying in the corner about their past and talking about magic
>Defeat all villains through asspulls
>Steal spotlight from actually good, interesting characters every time since they became part of the main cast and make them into power batteries or have them not even show up

Literally
The
Fucking
Same
>>
>>29711636
are you talking about sunset or scitwi?
>>
>>29711705
Yes
>>
>>29711636
Have you actually watched any of this or do you only read shitposts on /mlp/
>>
>>29711727
If it's so false then name ONE (1) part that was untrue and why
>>
File: CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH[1].jpg (33KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH[1].jpg
33KB, 575x556px
>>29710581
>These. Sunset and Starlight are both awesome

Christ, we've literally turned into EQD, haven't we?
>>
>>29711735
How about this part
>gets rekt by Twiggler
The first thing you said and you're already fucking wrong. Starlight was the only one doing the rekting
I'm sure you're just pretending to be retarded, anyway
>>
>>29711735
Not him, but:
>>29711636
>Le ebil majik horse gets rekt by Twiggler
Neither of them were really "evil" per se, they just did morally questionable stuff to achieve their goals.
>WAAAAH I'M SO SAWWY ;(
This is true, both of their redemptions were quick. To be fair for Starlight hers didn't involve being hit by a friendship laser.
>It's k we're all your best friends now
Didn't really happen with Sunset. Aside from the humane6, who still gave her shit for what she did, the entire rest of the school still didn't trust her.
>Spend an entire hour's worth of screentime crying about "MUH PAST"
Neither of them really did that. They both mentioned it off-hand a few times, but they didn't get nearly as much screentime covering it as you're suggesting.
>Somehow this is 2deep4me and they become an elder god-tier character with their """redemption"""
I think for Sunset a lot of the 2deep stuff comes from speculation outside of >comic canon. Her motivations aren't entirely clear besides being ambitious and wanting to take over Equestria. Why go to the human world where there's no magic if she wanted to become more powerful? Why did she wait apparently 3 years to steal the element of magic? It's stuff to think about and come up with theories, which helps contribute to people's interest in the character.
Starlight's backstory was pretty mishandled, though.
>Get rewarded constantly for doing literally nothing and somehow have insane magical power even though Twilight was supposed to be the strongest unicorn ever
This all only applies to Starlight. Sunset had to work through Rainbow Rocks to earn the school's trust back, Sunset had to understand the magic of friendship in order to harness its power without being corrupted and stop Midnight, and Sunset made the mistake of assuming it was Timber Spruce who was doing bad shit around the camp showing even she makes mistakes. Meanwhile Glimmer frequently does dumb shit and does get away with it. (cont.)
>>
File: Caught you 'mirin.png (718KB, 4037x4476px) Image search: [Google]
Caught you 'mirin.png
718KB, 4037x4476px
>>29711636
>>29711870
>Have 0 personality beyond crying in the corner about their past and talking about magic
Clearly Starlight is borderline sociopathic, lazy about things she's not interested in (friendship lessons), and thinks of herself as a special snowflake because she couldn't really get along with anypony except another special snowflake like her who did bad shit in the past too. Which would probably mean she would get along with Sunset, since they can feel bad for each other while having a hot former-villain three-way.

Meanwhile Sunset's personality has been fairly well-defined as being motherly toward the others and caring about the friends she's made, showing that her redemption has really impacted her.
>Defeat all villains through asspulls
See previous post for Sunset, in Rainbow Rocks she had to believe she was a meaningful member of the group to be able to help them defeat the sirens, had to understand friendship to be able to use it, and despite mistaking who the villain was in LoE had to convince the others that just having magic wasn't bad as long as you used it for good and had to convince Sci-Twi to get over the shit she did in the past.

Starlight wasn't even really the one who defeated the changelings, she just used Thorax's transformation to explain they can feed each other through gay orgies with themselves instead of stealling sex from other races.
>Steal spotlight from actually good, interesting characters
It's been frequently lamented that Sunset gets constantly shafted in place of Twilight and Sci-Twi actually stealing all the spotlight, though a lot of the other characters are also getting shafted by them too. But "actually good, interesting characters"?
Top KEK
I may be a bit biased, but the rest of the mane6 are mostly one-dimensional characters even as far back as s1. I feel sorry for people who waifu them. The only real exception is probably Rarity. Even Glimmer can't be blamed for it because she only had a few episodes last season.
>>
File: Pinkie_Pie_clone_big_smile_S3E3.png (340KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pinkie_Pie_clone_big_smile_S3E3.png
340KB, 1280x720px
>>29710424
If Starlight was somehow replaced entirely by Sunset in the show proper I would take very negative post I ever made on the show on this board in the past 2 years, print them out, and literally proceed to eat my own words. That's how turned around on my hype for the show.
>>
>>29710424

Current Sunset is actually kinda really boring and basically has almost all the problems Twilight's has had post S3 without even being a princess, so no.

Honestly people seem to see Sunset as like what a reformed character should be but to me she's largely what they shouledn't they got rid of all her villainous traits too fast so after a single movie where she gets over her self doubt she really has little room left to grow.
>>
File: 1461092423681.jpg (110KB, 759x508px) Image search: [Google]
1461092423681.jpg
110KB, 759x508px
>>29710667
FUND THIS.
>tfw she (or Starlight) could have been a season long antagonist and the adventure would have been an overarching theme of stopping her plans, turning her allies into the M6's allies and get more clues to her actual motive from each group

>finally top off with a confrontation with her where she unleashes a NIGHTFALL level cataclysm that requires the aid of all of their allies to stop in a 2 parter that doesn't end in a 3 minute friendship montage after deus ex rainbowing her
>>
>>29713330
>Glimmer could have been a season long villain/rival
>She could have forced exploration of many zones of Equestria and possibly beyond, invoking the forces of locals or of legends in her pursuits
>The other members of the M6 could have been important in securing alliances or preventing conflicts or problems she leaves in her wake
>Glimmer could have earned her redemption after being stopped and mending the damage done over the course of the next season after carefully considering the words and actions of the M6 and their new allies in the previous one
>She could have been more than "muh boyfriend left me and I'm triggered as fuck"
>>
>>29710424
>replace one bland character with another bland character
At least Glimmer has a pleasant colour scheme that doesn't make my eyes bleed.
>>
>>29714241
>doesn't understand what warm colors are
hows that fucking edge, bro?
>>
>>29714241
>modified version of Aria Blaze
>good
Glimmerniggers are this delusional
>>
>>29714313
he just said glimmer is bland, retard
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.