[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone is talking about how shitty Starlight Glimmer is, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

Everyone is talking about how shitty Starlight Glimmer is, but let's not forget the original mutilated ex-villain character.

>inb4 "lol fluttercuck is just butthurt! XD shitposts even though every Discord episode since S3 is the same fucking thing
>>
>>29683602
>t. assmad fluttercuck
>>
>>29683602
I agreed that he was reformed a bit too quickly after KCaFO, but the betrayal and redemption in Twilight's Kingdom made up for it at least.

Glimmer doesn't even have something like that. She's just forgiven and suddenly friends with everyone.
>>
>>29683612
Discord is ALWAYS forgiven despite having psychopathic intentions. Glimmer is basically autistic and doesn't know any better.

Besides, he's thousands of years old and is a manchild that doesn't actually want friends. If anyone IRL were like Discord, the right thing to do is kick them to the curb and make it so they can't fuck with you anymore. His entire MO is fucking with the emotions of his "friends" and taking advantage of their kindness.

Even being a "trickster who is still good" doesn't make any sense because he's so fucking pathetic.
>>
>>29683612
Honestly, Twilight's Kingdom is what broke his reformation for me. KCaFO was rushed, but the entire thing hinged on Fluttershy being able to keep him in line (which, given both their pasts, was plausible if not convincing).

TK proved that she can't control him, though. Sure, he turned around and gave them the key to defeating Tirek... but only after he was betrayed by his new 'friend'. Right up until then there was absolutely zero remorse. What if next time there isn't a convenient plot device to let him make it up? What if his second change of heart comes too late? What if the villain is honest and doesn't turn on him?

TK is grounds for never trusting Discord with power again. And yet, at the end every character acts like he's genuinely a good person and really earned it; he is immediately forgiven and gets all his magic back (introducing a whole host of issues down the line about needing to throw in ham-fisted "anti-magic" to keep him from solving everything).
>>
The difference between Glimmer and Discord is that even after being reformed, Discord still had to deal with scorn from the ponies. Discord had to earn their trust and had a whole episode to be reformed. Starlight on the other hand was just accepted automatically and was reformed within seconds.
>>
>>29683602
That's because they're shit and wanted to make an MLP version of Q, but didn't realize that Q wasn't around just to fuck with humans.
>>
>>29683624
"Glimmer is autistic".
Stop projecting anon.
She is a sociopath at best but more likely just poorly and inconsistently written.
>>
>>29683692
I even don't think he was upset that he betrayed his "friends," he was upset that Tirek did to him what he does to everyone else.

You see this to a lesser degree when he tries to fuck with the M6 and thinks he's in charge only for his shit to quickly get kicked in.

>>29683702
The difference is that Discord has the capacity to understand why his actions are bad, but chooses to do them anyone and gets butthurt when ponies call him out on it. He wants to act like a dick to his friends/treat them as his toys AND have them as real friends.

Don't get me wrong, the M6 shouldn't trust either but Discord is a different can of worms.
>>
>>29683692
> the entire thing hinged on Fluttershy being able to keep him in line (which, given both their pasts, was plausible if not convincing).

I think this was the big problem. They were basically saying "look, we may need you, so try to show us you can be on your best behavior and we may let you walk, or we'll just turn you to stone again."

While they got some of his interest in actual friendship, it wasn't a completely genuine bond since it was backed by force and control. Its why it was so easily broken when he was given the opportunity to go back to his old ways.

>Sure, he turned around and gave them the key to defeating Tirek... but only after he was betrayed by his new 'friend'. Right up until then there was absolutely zero remorse.

Right, because he didn't realize the actual weight of the friendship he should have had. He thought he had a genuine and enjoyable friendship with Tirek over causing chaos, but when he saw how easily he was tossed aside, he figured out how Fluttershy must have felt when he betrayed them and the gravity of his actions finally registered.

They probably wont trust him to do something alone right now, and while he still has some friction with the others, at least it gives his relationships some realism to them.

Sure, he'll always be a prick who likes to troll and grind ponies gears, but its just as liable to backfire like What about Discord, and he'll probably learn yet to ease the fuck up since Friendship's intricacies are still somewhat new to him. I mean, we saw how he overreacted when Flutters took Treehugger to the Gala since he never felt rejected for someone else.
>>
>>29683602
No one else is gonna say it? Fi-i-i-i-ine.

OP CAN'T inb4!!!!
>>
>>29683753
He really needs to drop his whole "lel I troll you-wait you figured it out OH WOE IS ME I HAVE NO FRIENDS I'M SAAAAAAD" shit.

He doesn't deserve friends.
>>
>>29683753
> Right, because he didn't realize the actual weight of the friendship he should have had. He thought he had a genuine and enjoyable friendship with Tirek over causing chaos, but when he saw how easily he was tossed aside, he figured out how Fluttershy must have felt when he betrayed them and the gravity of his actions finally registered.

And yet, what happens if someone comes along who does share a genuine friendship with Discord yet is a villain? What happens if he 'slips' again, or doesn't quite catch the full implications of what he's doing?

I think it's grounds for a bit more than just not giving him solo assignments. Maybe not for imprisoning him again, but at the very least he should've had a limiter of some kind put on his magic.
>>
>>29683864
I mean, is not REALLY being considered friends by the Mane Six good enough? None of them but Fluttershy really even tolerate him, and with good reason.
>>
>>29683864
>And yet, what happens if someone comes along who does share a genuine friendship with Discord yet is a villain?

then Discord would actually have to choose whether or not the friendship he fostered, broke, and reforged is worth more or less than the new friend. It would actually put him in a quandary that hasn't been seen before if its truly genuine.

>What happens if he 'slips' again, or doesn't quite catch the full implications of what he's doing?
The same thing that happens when each of the M6 backpedal on what they should have already learned from previous mistakes, probably

>... at the very least he should've had a limiter of some kind put on his magic.

>Dash destroys a weather factory
>Twilight nearly caused a civil war over a report being tardy
>Spike ravages the town
>Starlight nearly fucked a new asshole into time, as well as controlled her """friends"""
>But Discord needs a muzzle for what he did and we should worry about him relapsing

Anon....
>>
>>29683602
he would be a lot better as an antihero
>>
>>29683924
Yeah, trust me, I'm not pleased by the complete disregard for how characters engage in large-scale fuckups either.

At least Twilight has the Princess there to smooth things over (and provide some nice royal funds to keep everyone's mouth shut), and Spike has the same plus the excuse that literally nobody knew it would happen. It still should've been brought up again at some point, even if just as a note that those characters have had their own issues with losing control.

Rainbow, Starlight, and Discord have no fucking excuse.
>>
File: FlutterM'lady.png (2MB, 1300x3700px) Image search: [Google]
FlutterM'lady.png
2MB, 1300x3700px
>>29683602
I'll just leave this here....
>>
>>29685449
Both are shitty mutilated characters and proof this show has hack writers.
>>
>>29683940
Starlight and Discord especially, because they learn a lesson and then fuck up repeatedly. Both must be retarded.
>>
>>29683624
Only fluttercuck would say so much bullshit in one post. Literally nothing what you say reflect Discord.
>>
>>29683692
He saved Mane6 and Princesses form Changelings. What else do you want him to do to prove that he is loyal to ponies?
>>
>>29685554
He had selfish reasons and is still a dick.

>>29685547
An "s" goes at the end of "reflects" in that case, you Argie fuck.
>>
Lol op is so right for lyfe XD
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.