[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I don't think we have discussed this in a while: where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

So I don't think we have discussed this in a while: where the fuck did Celestia get Spike's egg from? Is this actually a common test for students? Was it stolen, or given to her?
>>
>>29644290
She probably has a deal with a dragon nation that they give her these eggs in exchange for not invading them.
>>
>>29644290
>Is this actually a common test for students?
It seemed to be, with the way it was presented to Twilight.

Considering the overall friendliness of ponies, I doubt the egg was stolen. Equestria probably has some agreement with dragons.
>>
>>29644298
That's a stupid idea, don't repeat it.

>>29644290
Don't think about, because the writers absolutely haven't.
>>
>>29644290
Not only that, but are all students at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns obligated to raise their entrance exam baby? Or was Twilight (Of actually her parents) just exceedingly generous?
>>
>>29644316
So is Twilight the only pony to actually pass the test? Is it some sort of humility test for most ponies, but Twilight cracked the code?
>>
File: glass candle.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
glass candle.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>29644331
Like the glass candles of Game of Thrones. I like that theory
>>
>>29644290
Scorpan gave it to her
>>
>>29644331
Wasn't it just a test for getting into Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns or whatever the hell it was called?

In that case, plenty of others must've passed it before her.
>>
>>29644374
mean that'd mean there are dozens of Spikes running around. Doubt the showmakers would want that
>>
>>29644374
But I mean it as like, it's attempted by an applicant and then when they fail they get a speech like "Now that you know that magic will not fix everything, your education can begin."
>>
>>29644393

makes you wonder how long dragon eggs can stay dormant. also holder's boulder.
>>
>>29644400
I wonder if that's even a dragon's egg, given we've seen one and know that dragons start out small.
>>
>>29644290
She planned out every minute detail of the show from the beginning, and is just watching the characters go through their dangerously complicated arcs for amusement.
>>
>>29644470
She probably does something similar to this every generation or so.
>>
>>29644424

all they said was that they found it in a dragon's nest. maybe it could be a species of dragon with extra-huge babies. or maybe it's something else but still an egg.
>>
>>29644391
I'd attribute that to the writers not thinking the scene through.

Or most other dragon babies just get sent back to the dragons that gave the ponies the egg.
>>
>>29644507
By the 28th century, the citizens of Equestria realise something is up and the 30th Mane 6 ask Celestia about the constant repeating of history (the one we have is the 23rd).

She flat-out says she can see into the future and has to prepare the generations for the constant cycle, lest something completely destroy the land for good.
>>
File: 1487884190039.gif (81KB, 800x529px) Image search: [Google]
1487884190039.gif
81KB, 800x529px
>>29644290
>>
>>29644522
>>29644595
I guess this isn't canon anymore.
>>
>>29644329
Twilight raised Spike on Celestia's orders, it was a lesson to teach her compassion and care for others, to ensure that she wouldn't let her position as Celestia's personal protegé get to her head and turn into a stuck-up, arrogant twat, like Celestia's previous protegé. Of course this would never happen regardless of Spike being there or not, since Twilight isn't like Sunset, but by that time, Celestia had no idea about her new student's personality and wanted to take precautions. What WOULD happen is Twilight turning into Moondancer 2, if Spike wasn't there to encourage her to not be a complete recluse.
>>
>>29644612
This is where comics muddy the water a lot because it seems to imply that Twilight would have grown up like a normal filly and had friends if she didn't have to take care of Spike. Makes it seem like Celestia intentionally crippled Twilight's emotional development so she could have a protege that was completely dependent on her and nothing else.

Spike was there at the beginning to help assist Twilight in becoming a recluse, that was step one of Celestia's plan.
>>
>>29644595
>I didn't want to develop this character on purpose so her powers are not clearly understood (even by me top kek) and therefore she can be Ex Machina in any given situation.
Such cute sunponer.... such shame....
>>
>>29644653
the comics matter as much as the ten line green i shat out three days ago
>>
>>29644700
Agreed, I was just bringing up random stuff to discuss.
>>
>>29644653
If Spike wasn't there, Twilight would dedicate much more time to studying books, having little incentive to do anything else. Celestia would try to remedy the situation by telling her to make some friends, which would probably backfire since Twilight's interacting skills would be much worse if it wasn't for Spike.
>>
>>29644725
If Spike wasn't there, she'd have to do more stuff in order to get the books to study.
>>
>>29644595
/thread
>>
>>29644290
My headcanon was the egg was given to Celestia by Scorpan as a sign of friendship, because it's a nice callback to G1 where Scorpan looked after Spike before he joined the ponies.
I had always hoped the show would eventually take us to Scorpan's homeland where Spike's origins would be revealed.

As for the exam, Celestia was looking for the new element of magic so she started her school for super talented unicorns and figured hatching a dragon egg would be a good indicator.
For those who failed, it served as a Kobayashi Maru test where the student's character is gauged in a no-win scenario. They wouldn't want to be teaching advanced spells to anger-prone ponies afterall.
>>
File: 1488841416092.png (573KB, 560x913px) Image search: [Google]
1488841416092.png
573KB, 560x913px
>>29644612
>and turn into a stuck-up, arrogant twat, like Celestia's previous protegé
Just cause it's true doesn't mean you have to be a dick about it.
>>
>>29644922
I hope when we see Spikes origins it involves Scorpan somehow.
>>
>>29644611
I don't think something that once was canon can become uncanon
That's not how that works.
>>
>>29644955
>what is a retcon
Also a former employee's deviant art post is no where near show-level canon.
>>
>>29644984
It depends.
Was she director when she made the post?
If she said that while she was director, it is canon.
>>
>>29644316
>Equestria probably has some agreement with dragons.
One episode showed dragons living in Manehattan.
In between attempted arson they probably pay their rent with eggs.
>>
>>29644942
BTW, what the hell SHE did to get to be Celestia's personal student anyway? Raise the sun by herself?
>>
>>29645075
She was probably a prodigy at magic. Not as much as Twilight according to Ishi, but better than the vast majority of applicants
>>
>>29644999
>Was she director when she made the post?
Yeah, she still was
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.