[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally got it. My shitty 3rd world internet finally managed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: She takes after Rarity.png (244KB, 785x562px) Image search: [Google]
She takes after Rarity.png
244KB, 785x562px
I finally got it.

My shitty 3rd world internet finally managed to download 55GB of pony music.

>2100 Artists
>19000 songs
>3 months of continuous pony music

Now I have a bigger problem. How the hell do I sort through everything? I have hotkeys on foobar set up to tag songs as I listen to them in the following categories
>Rating [1-5]
>Melody [Show accurate, show distorted, original]
>Voice [Show, Singer, Both, None]

And If I hear a song that's particularly bad/good I can easily rate everything by the artist as 1 or 5, but thats still over 2000 artists I need to rate.

If I listen to nothing but pony music from now on its going to take my at least 6 months to go over everything. Any tips?
>>
what is pony music?
>>
>>29627005
I would listen to everything at random, adding all the good shit to a playlist. If you ever get bored from listening to a random mixture of good and bad just start listening to the playlist of songs you actually like.

desu I don't know why anyone in their right mind wouldn't just download songs they like as opposed to a fuck ton of random songs they don't know if they like
>>
>>29627005
Mostly because theres some songs which I used to have, but since then the assholes deleted them and no one else seems to have it.

They cant delete it if I have all of it.
>>
>>29627023
songs from the show
songs about the show
covers of songs from the show
songs inspired by something in the show
instrumental music with a name referring to something in the show
>>
File: druggggs.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
druggggs.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>29627005
>Any tips?
Start with Artists you already know you like and rate and tag them first. There's no way you're going to tag everything in any reasonable amount of time, so start with the stuff you're more likely going to listen to. Believe me when I say, 90% of the stuff in that archive is either garbage or forgettable.

Also, your tags seem pretty threadbare. I'd throw genre tags and maybe mood tags. I don't know how foobar works in this regard, because I'm autistic and just memorize what each different song is like.

Other than that, just ask /mlp/ or other places for recommended artists to listen to in between your furious tagging sessions.

>>29627023
Music made from diddling fillies.
>>
>>29627005
>My shitty 3rd world internet
i've been downloading >800MB movies on a dial-up. it's not shitty internet but your shitty lack of patience
also:
>55GB music pack
>not the ultimate 112GB music pack
try again
>>
>>29627026
Because it is "easier" to listen to the stuff all over and see what you like and don't rather than to miss out.
>>
>>29627005
>>29627070
>55GB
>128GB
Anon, let me help you out:
http://iwatchitfortheplot.romesilvanus.io/Pony/Music%20%28Fan-made%29/
http://iwatchitfortheplot.romesilvanus.io/Pony/Music%20%28Official%29/
>>
>>29627070
>800MB movies on a dial-up
that's just over a day, 55GB at 1Mb/s is almost a week, plys I can only download uncapped for 5h a day, which means its more than a month to download it. But lets not get bogged down with whos situation is the shitiest, because I will win that competition.

>112GB music pack
which one is this? Because my pack doesn't seem to have the official songs from the show, and id like to get them all as well.

>>29627052
I want more tags, but im concerned more tags will make it take even longer to go over everything.

In a perfect world id like to use my complete music rating system in the tags, which is a 10 point system in about 20 different categories, along with 5 categories with descriptions, such as
>Vocal meaning
>Vocal technique
>Vocal catchyness
>Instruments technique
>Melody complexity
>Melody catchyness
>Emotion
>Energy
>Instruments used
>Genre
and so on

Maybe I should do a subset of them for completeness while im at it.
>>
>>29627119
I dont even want to go to iwatchitfortheplot, it just makes me depressed that I cant have it all.

Maybe I can pay they guy to mail me a hdd with everything on it? it would be cheaper and faster than trying to download it.
>>
>>29627153
It's not that big yet :^)
>>
>http://iwatchitfortheplot
Literally a brony honeypot to spread a keylogger
>>
>>29627496
A what?
>>
>>29627005
I'd rather download for honor but... whatever floats your boat man
>>
File: consider it.gif (473KB, 1250x1024px) Image search: [Google]
consider it.gif
473KB, 1250x1024px
>>29627437
>furry
>fur
>>
>>29627634
Use your own advice
>>
>>29627119

Is this the infamous weird format torrent that was in the talk a few months ago?
>>
Listen by Artist

Listen to a few songs from each of their albums

if you don't like anything from that artist just delet
or just keep the albums you like

I'm also a music hoarder but if you have that much that you probably are not going to listen to, you are going to want to delete some.

Or at least move the stuff you do like into a separate folder.
>>
>>29629445
I think ill do this.

But holy shit bronies have good self esteem, some of these mumbling monotone singers, ID be embarrassed to death to put something like that on the nternet.
>>
>>29627005
Why thou?
>>
>>29627005
Just sort by genre, although knowing "brony music" there's not a lot of variety to be sorted.
>>
>>29631353
?

So far ive found (keeping to broad genres) country, electronic, dubstep, orchestral, metal, rock, rap, Noise, blues, house, electro swing, and more.
>>
>>29631363
>electronic and dubstep as different genres

Also
>noise
is that actually a thing in this fandom?
>>
>>29631372
>is [noise] actually a thing in this fandom?
As far as I can remember, only 1 artist makes noise music, and it was pretty good.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.