[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ponies say friendship is magic and that friends make everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: Sweetie Belle Sad.png (158KB, 1024x792px) Image search: [Google]
Sweetie Belle Sad.png
158KB, 1024x792px
Ponies say friendship is magic and that friends make everything better. I have many friends and yet I'm profoundly lonely, have been -and will be- for my entire life. And, no, I don't mean I wish I had a gf. What am I doing wrong? Are the ponies lying?
>>
>>29611088
If you don't appreciate them, then they must be false friends.
>>
>>29611088
You can't base your life on advice from a 22-minute toy commercial meant to shill plastic crap to 6 year olds.
>>
>>29611088
I had the same thing desu. You're probably clinically depressed. Seek help from a psychologist.

I'm being serious.
>>
>>29611088
If friendship and time with other people do not alleviate your loneliness, what you are feeling is not loneliness.

There might not be a word for what you're feeling, but call it sadness.

Most sadness arises from desiring things. People here are sad because ponies aren't real.

What is it that you desire? Stop desiring it.

Like ponies, what you want is something that isn't real.

So discard it.
>>
>>29611088
have you tried suicide?
>>
Just remember, OP: real people are the scum of the earth.
>>
They are not friends just people who you use to fell less lonely its hard to find a real friend and some times its hard to be a friend for him but if you really want a friend who make you happy you need lucky and the right person so you can search if you want that so much
>>
>>29611494
Op here. I have a family who loves me and friends who care about me. But I have no one who knows me. I tell jokes that are funny only to myself. I play video games and watch movies that everyone I know don't care about. I try to share gifts and material possessions with those I love but they are treated as nothing more than odd novelties. I try to reach out emotionally, trying to have in depth conversations about why my feelings and beliefs are and I'm dismissed as being disingenuous. Those around me quickly tire of my personality and I become bored with their normalcy. I tried the significant other route and found it to be absolutely terrible, thus I have no heirs to pass any of my belongings to, no one to share my lifelong passions and beliefs with. The few treasures I held most precious for decades I gave away to my siblings who in turn let them carelessly fall into ruin, sold, or simply discarded them. Each and every one. Their children are the same way. I have no kinship connection. I have always been a hollow husk inside from childhood into middle age. I have no future. Life has passed me by.

I discovered 4chan in 2004. If I hadn't I probably would have killed myself. Thanks, moot, I owe you that one. I take no pride in saying this but I mean it with every fiber of my being - the faceless, genderless masses of 4chan have been more of a family to me than I ever had. So please forgive me if I shitpost or make stupid threads like this one. I only do it when the darkness inside me causes the rain to fall. Sorry everyone.
>>
File: 1486460363586.jpg (161KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486460363586.jpg
161KB, 800x800px
>>29611088
I was depressed and lonely back in 2015. I would cry in my car while driving on the highway, just because no one would notice. I lost a lot of my friends, and the girl I was seeing left me only three days after she told me she never would. I drank a lot, cried for about a year, even at work once. I wanted to kill myself. And then one day in December I just stopped being depressed, like someone flipped a switch in my head.
Now nothing gets me down. I see feminists marching for Islam's right to oppress them, a billionaire with a $20 spray tan is in charge of the US, and I have no money. And yet I think, what an awesome time to be alive. It's like a depression rebound, a big bang of happiness, that is spreading out to form a universe of optimism. Oh and ponies.
>>
>>29611641
>But I have no one who knows me
youre trying to sell the idea that youve been here since 2004 and havent made a single friend you talk to on skype or some shit? at the very least you think so little of your friends relations with you that theyd straight up stop being your friend if they "knew" you? youre fucking 40 something now and youre that insecure?

grow some balls and stop giving a fuck what people think. find some genuine friends who like you for who you are. for fucks sake find some hobbies too.
>>
>>29611641
I felt the same way for a long time. Well, I still do, because nobody IRL knows my "real self" at all and I still want to kill myself sometimes.

But what's different is that I eventually made some internet "soulmates", if you will, by going off anon on social media. As in, like, friends to share genuine interests and feelings with. Yes, it's definitely sad as shit that I have to make "internet "friends"" just to find people I can actually get along with, but such is the life of a degenerate. But I'm okay with that. Because now I have buddies that I can hit up daily over Skype or whatever if I'm ever feeling bad, just to talk about ponies and vidya, instead of wallowing in my depression alone for hours. Mind you, the alternative is waiting 24/7 on /mlp/ for a stranger to post my unpopular opinion and pretend that we have a connection or some shit.

But back to social media: the purpose of those sites, though primarily drawing the cancerous crowd you'd come to expect, is ultimately to connect you to people with similar interests. Among the sea of normie idiots, you'd be surprised that you would find the exact kind of people you've always been searching for. But they're really out there, however small in number they may be. The only barrier, I honestly think, is just you not putting yourself out there so that you can find each other. It's autistic, but if you're desperate, start a Twitter or blog about all the geekshit you love and you're bound to find a friend at some point. If someone as autistic as I am can do it, just about anyone can.
>>
>>29611835
kek
>>
>>29611088
Yes, the ponies are lying. It's okay to not have really good friends.
>>
>>29611641
>"I would rather have one crazy friend who was willing to die for me than 10 casual acquaintances who were 'sane.'" -DWK

Your problem is that you have all these casual acquaintances, but you don't have that one or two really good friends. I give you credit for trying with all the people you know, but if it isn't working, then try trying with people you don't know. Try getting around and making a bunch of new friends, not to have a large number of people you know, but because you have to keep meeting new people until you find that one person. Once you have that one person, that real connection, that person you would trust enough to walk with them into the heart of the changeling hive, keep them forever.
>>
>>29611817
I know how you feel. A few years back, I was in depressed emo phase fueled by teen angst and sexual frustration. I hated everything in existence for some stupid reason. Then one day I was at a friends house and he played the smile song on his computer. At that moment, looking at Pinkie Pie and her crazy free optimism, I saw how stupid the way I was living was and for a few years there was no hate in my heart, only love and joy. For a little while, I was happy.

It surprises me that you can find reason for optimism looking out into the current events of the world, though. Part of why I'm still sticking around is because I want to see the nuclear war if and when it happens.
>>
File: 1451428251849.png (159KB, 640x528px) Image search: [Google]
1451428251849.png
159KB, 640x528px
>>29611641
No one is 100% compatible with anyone, you'll never find anyone who shares your every view, understands your feelings perfectly and so on. But you can have a few people that at least somewhat understand you where it counts. If you don't feel like your friends care at all then why do you even consider them friends? Aren't these just acquaintances? Friends do make everything better.

>>29611835
>youve been here since 2004 and havent made a single friend you talk to on skype
That's not that unrealistic. I made a few friends thanks to 4chan and we talk to this day but none of them I would call really close friends, just internet pen-pals. We all live in different countries and there's not a lot of room for bonding.
>>
File: 1485095503096.png (83KB, 669x570px) Image search: [Google]
1485095503096.png
83KB, 669x570px
>>29613215
>not a lot of room for bonding

Your friendship power just isn't strong enough, anon. If you really jived, and put in the effort to strengthen your bonds, you'd stay up all night to chat with them and so would they
>>
File: 1486726256312.jpg (98KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1486726256312.jpg
98KB, 750x750px
>>29613296
>you'd stay up all night to chat with them and so would they
Well one of them lives on the other side of the planet so I only can chat with him at night. I do consider them friends, but for someone like OP I don't think that would substitute real life friends you can really have some personal moments with. And as much as I enjoy anonymous audience I never really enjoyed 4chan related get-togethers in other places, like chan-based video game guilds for example. So I don't think it's unreasonable that OP never actually made friends here.
>>
>>29611088
>Are the ponies lying?
Kinda, yeah. Most people don't have friends so much as they have 'people I am polite to and I call that friendship'. They don't go for anything deeper or more meaningful than that.
It's not on you, and it's not something you can change. It's human nature.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.