[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I don't know what to do, Anon. I'm so lost."

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 484
Thread images: 67

File: freshcoat.png (201KB, 1296x854px) Image search: [Google]
freshcoat.png
201KB, 1296x854px
>"I don't know what to do, Anon. I'm so lost."
>Fresh Coat tightens her hug on you and buries her face into your chest.
>Tears soak through your shirt and wet your skin.
>"I'm a failure of a pony. My parents probably feel sick to their stomach every time they see my face. I'm worthless and I don't know how anyone, even you, can put up with me."
>You gently pat her back, trying your best to physically reassure her.
>Quiet sobs wrack her body and she quivers in your arms.
>Her being one of your oldest friends, you dropped everything and headed straight to Ponyville Station when she called.
>All she said was that she needed someone to lean on, and seeing her state now, you're upset you weren't there for her sooner.
>"I dropped out, Anon. I dropped out. Tomorrow's the last day I can stay in the dorms."
>She turns away from you and tries to wipe a few tears.
>"How can I fail out of art school, Anon? This is what I've wanted to do ever since I was little, and painting's the only thing I ever think about. My cutie mark is a bucket of paint for crying out loud!"
>She holds her hooves to her face, tears threatening to pour again.
>"What am I supposed to do, Anon? What am I supposed to do? What's a pony supposed to do when the one thing she does, she doesn't do good enough?"
>>
>>29604673
Fucking hell. Fine, I'll write. Fuck. Just let me get my practice in, and I'll write if this thread's still here in a couple hours.
The subject's already hitting close to home
>>
>>29604673
>that entire thing
Jesus that hurt
>>
>>29604673
What kind of painting class are you taking? Fine art or something?
>>
>>29604673
You could always become a stripper. Oh, not a good time for that joke is it?
>>
>>29604673
Try construction work/house painting/whatever
>>29605512
This
>>
Cutie Marks break hearts.
>>
>>29604673
Who are you,Pam?
>>
File: hitler.jpg (413KB, 1413x795px) Image search: [Google]
hitler.jpg
413KB, 1413x795px
>>29604673
>Failing art school

Well, theres only one thing you can do Fresh Coat.
>>
>>29605756
He didn't fail, he was just never accepted. That doesn't feel as bad.
>>
>>29605756
Unicorn master race
>>
File: the reich stuff.jpg (25KB, 608x402px) Image search: [Google]
the reich stuff.jpg
25KB, 608x402px
>>29605756
I kek'd
>>
>>29604673
Maybe you are meant to paint houses or something. Or even manafacture paint.
>>
File: 1423535033969.png (97KB, 310x309px) Image search: [Google]
1423535033969.png
97KB, 310x309px
>>29604673
Stop making me feel bad about giving up art, anon.
>>
>>29606033
You'll do what you want to do, anon.
>>
>>29604673
Give her the D
>>
>>29605512
>>29605662
>>29605891
"Hey hey, it's okay Coats. The world's not over."
>You pull her in for another hug, something that she doesn't resist.
>Stroking the soft fur of her back, her muscles loosen under the rhythmic massage of your fingertips.
>Not stopping, you speak up, hoping to give her some peace of mind.
"You could always try to take up some construction work, you know, like painting houses and stuff?"
>The opposite effect of what you wanted seems to take hold as her body suddenly tenses up.
"Look look, hear me out. That way, you can keep in touch with paint and art, and then you can take as much time as you need figuring out what you're gonna do. Who knows, you might even find out that painting houses is kinda your thing."
>Your reasoning works and she relaxes again.
>"I mean, I could. But it's just, I don't know, Anon. I've always wanted to be a painter, and my cutie mark only made that more real. To realize that it's all a lie and that I'm actually useless?"
>She sighs.
>"It's like, imagine Princess Luna going to raise the moon for the very first time, and then in front of everyone, she finds out that she just can't do it, no matter how hard she tried."
>>
>>29606174
>She rests her head against you, and the two of you continue hugging.
>This goes on for several minutes, her finding comfort in your arms.
>You have no objections, and you're almost convinced she's fallen asleep before she breaks away.
>A tangible silence settles between the two of you, and the magnitude of the situation fully settles into you.
>You clear your throat.
"If you don't mind me asking, Coats, what kind of classes were you taking anyway? You never really kept me up to date with that stuff."
>She looks down and idly kicks at the floor.
>"The classes weren't particularly hard, and that only makes me feel worse. Just, everyone around me was so much more talented, and they all seemed so much happier and at ease. The pressure to do well, put on by myself and everyone else, it was too much. This is what I'm supposed to be good at, so why was I struggling so much?"
>She looks to you and her hurt is evident.
>"I crumbled, plain and simple. I shut down and crumbled. I stopped doing my work, I stopped going to classes, stopped going out, stopped eating. My life fell apart and all I could do was watch it fall around me."
>She buries her face into her hooves.
>You try to bring her in for one more hug, but this time she resists.
>She pushes you away, her hooves shaking.
>"A-anon, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for bothering you and being such a bad friend. I shouldn't have called you and ruined your night."
>Her voice wavers and her eyes water.
>"I don't want to bother you anymore than I already have, so if you want to go home, it's okay and I understand. I... I think I can do okay on my own now."
>>
>>29606176
>>29606174
Keep going...
>>
>>29605891
>manafacture
>>
>>29606176
This seems promising.
>>
>>29604673
>completely and utterly failing at what you thought was your life's calling
>nosediving hard into a spiral of uselessness as a result of this failure

Please, I only just managed to shove down that depression since I got this new job. I didn't need reminding that I'm a weak, useless piece of shit who couldn't make it in the infantry
>>
>>29604673
>bucket of paint
>art school
That's one dumb horse.
>>
File: Fresh Coat.png (602KB, 732x799px) Image search: [Google]
Fresh Coat.png
602KB, 732x799px
I forgot how much I loved the design of this pony. She is so cute and cool.
>>
File: fucking.jpg (137KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
fucking.jpg
137KB, 800x800px
>>29605756
Unexpected Anon. 14 & 88 keks for you
>>
File: whataqtqtqt.jpg (2MB, 2039x2894px) Image search: [Google]
whataqtqtqt.jpg
2MB, 2039x2894px
OP + 2 posts here, just woke up. I kinda intended this to be an interactive story type thing, but I guess my prompts for action and other things weren't strong enough. If you guys would prefer me to just write and spend time making a solid story rather than an interactive one, I'm okay with that, but then I don't really see the point of having the story on a Taiwanese ass yodeling picture forum instead of somewhere else in another format. It's all up to you guys, but I do kinda wanna draw more of this cutie patootie too. I'm gonna be out for a while celebrating my birthday before I'm back though.
>>
>>29607261
Oh you want a cyoa I will inform the cyoa thread.
>>
>>29607444
CYOA in my mind is more, adventurous? I don't think Fresh Coat here is gonna be questing to fight any demons but her own. I just wanted a comfy thing (not to say CYOAs can't be comfy) that the audience could participate in and maybe find comfort in.
>>
BROODMARE
>>
>>29606176
Give the self deprecating mare a noogie.
>>
File: 1483345728890.png (481KB, 840x682px) Image search: [Google]
1483345728890.png
481KB, 840x682px
>>29606862
Same. One of the better new background ponies.
>>
>>29606176
Do you want me to stay with you for a few days?
>>
File: Bob Ross.png (455KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
Bob Ross.png
455KB, 640x430px
>>29604673
"Give it a little touch, give it a little push, make love to the canvas. You can do anything you put your mind to if you believe you can do it, and you CAN do it, by believing here."
>Paint a happy little tree over her heart
>>
File: bob ross discord.jpg (332KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
bob ross discord.jpg
332KB, 500x666px
>>29607586
fuck I heard it all in his voice
>>
>>29606176
oh god, please continue. The solution you give to Fresh Coat might just be the solution I need too. because I'm crumbling as well...
>>
>>29605756
Requesting Fresh Coat going full Heil
>>
Fresh Coat really is a qt. I like her design more than I liked that overhyped Vinyl and Octavia. Baseball caps are perfect for unicorns.
>>
>>29607480
I like your writing though, anon. If you wrote more to this story, I'd read it if you put it here or in some other thread.

Also did you draw that? It is adorable. I... I might need to rethink my waifu choices.

Happy birthday!
>>
Octavia can fuck off almost as hard as her "Official voice actress" elliecunty can fuck off, I just found my new waifu.
>>
File: 20170304_165833~01.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
20170304_165833~01.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>29606862
>>29607553
>>29608279
She really is great, absolutely love her design and I thought she needed some attention. It's absolutely a shame there isn't more art or stories on her.

>>29608302
Ayy, thanks for the compliment and the greeting! I'm hoping to continue this to a satisfactory ending, so stick around. But yeah, I wish I drew the one with multiple of her! I only drew the OP. Anyway, I'm still out with family, so I sketched this quick for the thread.

>>29608136
>>29606329
They say write what you know, r-right? For real though, stay strong and treat yourself kindly. Don't be mean to yourself and remember that you're human. If any of you guys need someone to talk to, I'm here for you, and I'll give my Discord or Tumblr if you wanna keep it private or something. I hope you guys will find some solace in the story as well, depending on where Anons take it. The story is all up to you guys unless you want me to take the reins.
>>
File: 20170304_174145~01.jpg (114KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170304_174145~01.jpg
114KB, 768x1024px
Another sketch, this time downsized since I figured out how to do that.
>>
>>29609245
This gave me a raging heart on.
>>
>>29607480
Sounds like a cyoa to me.
>>
>>29606176
Well I'd rather not leave. I know that I'd like to have someone close to help me feel better when I'm feeling down. After all, I've had my fair share of failures in life too.
>>
>>29609245
This is just too cute
>>
>>29609005
you're alright, writefriend.
>>
>>29607549
>>29607569
>>29610079
>You brush the idea off with a gesture.
>There's no way you're gonna leave a friend in need alone.
"Don't be silly Coats. I'm here for you and I'd stick by your side even if the world was ending."
>A small smile graces her face, but it vanishes as soon as you take note of it.
>"No, really. I don't want you to do anything you don't want to. I'd really hate--"
"Pffff."
>You give her a quick noogie and, though her cap offers some protection, it seems to do the job.
>Yep, easily flustered as always.
>"What the hay Anon, that was completely uncalled for!"
>She furrows her brow, struggling to adjust her cap back to the perfect position.
"It was completely called for. You were being a silly little pony so you deserved it."
>She huffs.
>"I'm not little."
>Once she's finished fiddling with her cap, you level with her.
"Coats, I know that what it's like to feel like a failure, and I know that it's good to have someone close to you when you're feeling down. I'm gonna be that someone for you, whether you like it or not, okay?"
>She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, her mouth falling into a soft smile on the exhale.
>Her arms wrap around you for one more hug, her head resting on your shoulders.
>"Thank you Anon."
>Her voice is quiet, very delicate.
"Do you want me to stay with you for a few days?"
>"Yes please."
>>
>>29611353
>The hug continues for a while, up until the door to her dorm swings open.
>"Well lookie what we got here. Is this some kinda new kinky foreplay? Hugging and stuff?"
>You look to the source of the voice -- a pale blue, yellow-maned mare standing in the doorway.
>"S-shut up Honeywisp!"
>Fresh Coat's face turns red and the intruder chuckles, waving her hoof.
>"I'm just messin with you honey."
>The mare looks over to you.
>"Sooo, you must be Fresh Coat here's friend."
>"Um, yeah, Anon. This is my roommate, Honeywisp. Honeywisp, Anon."
>"It's a pleasure to finally meet the stallion or whatever that Fresh Coat daydreams about all the time."
>Coats covers her face with her hooves and you raise an eyebrow.
"Thanks?"
>"I'm joking, just joking!"
>She closes the door and trots over to what you can assume is her bed.
>"Heh, kinda not really."
>She throws her saddlebags on the floor and stretches out her legs.
>"Well, if the two of you need me, I'll be right here. Just try not to get too loud, alright? I'm a light sleeper and the neighbors might make a noise complaint."
>The bed springs squeak as she plops into her covers, snores immediately filling the room.
>Coats peeks out from her shell, and seeing the coast is clear, lowers her hooves.
>The snores abruptly stop, and Honeywisp turns in her bed to face the two of you.
>Her eyes are open and and all her face can express is that of worry.
>"Are you okay though, Fresh Coat, really?"
>"I... I think so. I'll be okay with Anon and you here."
>"What're you gonna do tomorrow sweetie? Where're you gonna stay?"
>Coats doesn't respond.
>>
>>29611363
I am a little unclear on where we are.
>>
>>29611363
Well she can still stay tomorrow. But after that is when it's going to be an issue.

>>29611428
We're in some kind of dorms for an art school. Where anon lives, I don't know.
>>
>>29611363
She is welcome to stay with me as long as she needs.
>>
>>29611353
>>29611363
I wish the poner a good nights rest. Stress and the acceptance of failure can hamper a good nights sleep.
>>
>>29611428
Well ass, I knew right after I posted that I should've taken the time to flesh out the situation. Sorry, I'm not on top of my game right now, I'm always worried about delivering text sometime in the same millennium.

>Well shit, that's right, Coats has until tomorrow to stay in the dorms.
>You could always invite her to stay with you at your duplex apartment in Ponyville, not too far away from Canterlot's Academy for the Arts, where you are now.
>Your little enterprise with Zecora and her tonics and potions has been enough for you to make rent and support yourself.
>You have some savings, so you can get by supporting both you and Coats for a while, but any extended period would need extra, more stable income than making and selling bottles of brew.
>You're a familiar face in Ponyville, and the residents are fairly friendly, so you could see if anyone's so kind to help someone in need out.
>Zecora is especially one to offer a hoof, but she lives very differently than most.
>It seems that your options to offer her are too take Coats in, prod some of your connections, and/or look to Zecora for help.
>Hell, you and Coats will figure something out if worse comes to worse, but you'll cross that bridge when you come to it.
>>
>>29611650
Well she can stay with us for a while but we will need to find something else eventually once she is settled in at home we should go see Zecora.
>>
>>29611650
>I knew right after I posted
I know what that is like.
>>
>>29611650
I would hate to embarrass Coats. No one can know what she's going through until she's ready to talk about it. Hopefully I can find some extra work without other ponies asking why.
>>
>>29611650
Seduce the pony, then dick her
>>
>>29612381
I hope you mean seduce honeywisp.
>>
>>29612453
Actually that is not a bad idea.
>>29611363
After we talk about accommodation go up to honeywisp and whisper seductively in her ear. "As for making a lot of noise I bet I could get you to wake the whole building"
>>
>>29612453
Why not both
Seduce both ponies without letting either know you're fucking their friend. Everypony wins
>>
>>29612516
No coat is not for (mc) sexual.

besides our chances of successfully seducing one are pretty low (we should still try though) hinging a plan on multiple seductions would be a recipe for disaster.
>>
>>29612544
>implying any pony could resist hot monkey dick
>>
>>29612464
Seconding this worst that can happen is we get rejected.
>>
>>29612464
This
>>
>>29611650
"Coats, you stay with me in Ponyville, yeah?"
>She looks at you, shocked.
>"What? No. You know I can't ask that of you Anon."
"You're not asking me, I'm asking you."
>She's quiet.
"It won't have to be forever, but you can stay with me for as long as you need. It'll be no problem, promise. We can keep everything on the down low too, if you want."
>Coats looks down, avoiding your eyes.
>"Anon, I don't want to be a burden on anyone, okay? I'll... I'll figure something out."
"You're not a burden, alright? I've got it all figured out for you, so don't worry. I'm not letting you have a choice in this anymore anyway."
>You move over to Coats' bed and gesture for her.
"Here, come on, it's late and you should really get some rest. I can only imagine how spent you are."
>She walks over to the bed and rests her forehooves on the mattress, sighing.
>"Yeah, I guess."
>She magics her cap off her head and puts it on her bed post.
>A few moments pass before she looks up to you, eyes wide and hair freely falling along her face.
>"Anon?"
"Yes?"
>Her mouth opens to say something, but she hesitates.
>Instead, she heaves herself into bed and pulls the covers over her body.
>She looks to you again, before closing her eyes and turning to sleep.
>"Thanks for everything, Anon."
>>
>>29612728
>...
>...
>You saunter on over to Honeywisp.
"So, as for making noise..."
>She looks at you, and you respond by wriggling your eye brows.
"I bet I could get you to wake the entire building baby."
>"O-oh, oh my."
>She bites her lip and smiles.
>"Well, I suppose another noise complaint can't be too bad."
>She starts to shuffle her sheets around trying to get up, but a pillow flies into the back of your head before you can do anything else.
>"What the hay guys! I'm right here you know? I'm not deaf."
>You turn to see Coats as red and flustered as ever.
>She levitates the pillow back to her and turns away from the both of you.
>She makes a display of trying to get comfortable again, and you admit it's quite adorable.
>"Celestia help me, you guys better just be messing with me."
>Honeywisp lies back down, the biggest shit-eating grin plastered on her face.
>"Yeah yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night honey. G'night Fresh Coat."
>"Screw you."
>>
Yeah okay, I'm gonna have to call it there for now. I'm tired as fuck and I have a whole week away from home ahead of me -- things came up that need to be addressed. Dunno when I'll be back, but maybe I'll have some more Coats sketches if you guys like em. Anyways, thanks for sticking around, hope I deliver something satisfactory despite my crippling fears that I'm ruining something that could be good.

If you guys have any feedback for what I'm doing well or what I can do better, please feel free to share.

Also
Anon x Honeywisp sidestory when
Fresh Coat x Honeywisp lewds when
>>
>>29612735
Sorry Honeywisp but I guess we better be quite she needs her rest maybe I will see you around some time.
Lets go to sleep.
>>
>>29604673
Dude, I'm so lost I fell off of my own reality.
>>
>>29612740
You're gonna be able to continue this still, right?
>>
>>29612810
As long as I don't get super dejected about my writing and as long as anons are interested, I'm gonna do my best to continue and finish it.
>>
>>29612740
Isnoice. Cant really tell too much at this early a stage, but i want more. The dialog is flowing well and it gripped my attention so you are doing something right.
>>
File: No Humanity.png (61KB, 255x205px) Image search: [Google]
No Humanity.png
61KB, 255x205px
>>29604673
>You need an educational institution to acquire artistic skill
>Carefully explain to her that educational institutes do little more than manufacture soulless artists that go on to """create""" """modern art""".
>Explain that if painting is what she really wants to do, she's better off doing what she loves and how she loves it.

>tfw in an educational institute learning art skills
>tfw they have us all doing the exact same thing for an assessment piece
>tfw the assessment is marked on our understand the process of design, rather than understanding the principles of design itself

I'm right there with you, sister.
>>
>>29613359
Why do this if you know it's bullshit?
>>
File: 1460217735847.jpg (40KB, 570x574px) Image search: [Google]
1460217735847.jpg
40KB, 570x574px
>>29613369
Getting a job in modern society is based on credentials that can, in most cases at least, be gained only through educational institutes.

It often doesn't matter if you've got excellent skills gained through self study and life experience. The powers that be will only hire those who earned their skills through schooling. Skill is not so important as status these days.

What's even worse is that in this, the information age, we carry devices around in our pockets that allow us access to the entirety of human knowledge for free. We have this, and everyone knows it, but they never really acknowledge it, we continue believing that we must pay thousands of dollars to gain access to this knowledge.
>>
>>29612728
>You're not asking me, I'm asking you.
200% smooth.

>>29612820
Don't feel dejected. This is great. I can help keep this bumped.
>>
>>29611650
Swag
>>
File: 6xYhBZq.gif (891KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
6xYhBZq.gif
891KB, 500x375px
>>29612516
>>
>>29614563
>>
bomp
>>
bemp
>>
File: 1488371836698.png (782KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488371836698.png
782KB, 960x720px
>>29616432
>>29616969
>>29617525
Delet this
>>
File: 1467247780436.jpg (233KB, 1000x891px) Image search: [Google]
1467247780436.jpg
233KB, 1000x891px
>>29604673
Oh shit, I've actually been waiting for someone to write a green on her!
>>29607261
Dunno if its too late for input, but I think you should be selective with the CYOA parts. That way, there's a bit more of rigid structure assuming you or the other anons hit a wall.
Keep up the great work writefriend!
>>
>>29617624
I want to hug filly Fresh Coat.
>>
>>29604673
bump
>>
She is one of the best of the "we ran out of colors so give them accessories" line of ponies.
>>
File: Rarity.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Rarity.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>29618436
I liked her before, but this thread is making her one of my all-time favorite background pones.

It's important to accessorize properly, darling.
>>
File: 1485613151028.jpg (75KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
1485613151028.jpg
75KB, 440x660px
>>29604673
ouch

now I want to hold Fresh Coat and tell her that everything is okay

why must you do this to me, OP?
>>
>>29619745
sage
>>
>>29612735
>You wake up to someone prodding at your side.
>Ugh, everything aches.
>You rub your eyes and stretch out your legs.
>Thinking back, you remember resigning yourself to a bean bag chair for the night.
>Considering how quickly you passed out, you must've been pretty tired.
>Opening your eyes, you take in your surroundings.
>Sunlight filters through the window and falls on the face of Fresh Coat, your dearest friend.
>She stands at your side, levitating a plate.
>"H-hey Anon. Sorry for everything last night."
>You stare at her blankly, your brain still running its boot up processes.
>You sit up and take off your blanket, something Coats must've gotten for you in the night.
>"You must be pretty hungry, I don't think you ate anything earlier."
>The plate hovers over to you, revealing some French (Prench?) toast and strawberries.
>"So yeah, I guess I went ahead and got some breakfast for you."

>Once your brain has reached operational capacity, you thank Coats for being so kind.
>You go ahead and situate yourself, then start to dig in.
>Looking around, you notice a pair of saddlebags and a cardboard box sitting at the door.
>In the meanwhile, Coats just sits on her bed playing with her hooves.
>She looks nervous as hell, but you can't blame her.
>You're not quite sure how sudden this all happened to her, but she's pretty distraught about everything.
>You wonder what exactly is going on in her head.
>Maybe you should say something?
>It would probably help if you try to distract her from this whole situation.
>Or perhaps you could go over your immediate plans on what to do.
>Maybe something else?
>>
>>29619982
seduce her
>>
>>29619982
Pull out your gun, put it on her head and tell her one of your guns will be firing in her mouth right now
>>
>>29619982
She's vulnerable, seduce her. Be confident, girls like confidence
>>
>>29619982
Reassure her that everything will be fine. Then ask her if there's anything she wants to do on campus since it's her last day, like anything she wanted to do that she couldn't do before that would've gotten her in trouble. Maybe a couple of friendly pranks on other ponies to cheer her up? They could start by pranking Honeywisp, since she might still be sleeping.
>>
>>29619982
First, you gotta scold her for apologizing.
>>
>>29619982
Give her a hug
Do not seduce her it would be wrong to take advamtage of a distraught pony.
>>
>>29620218
Yes. Romance her at the proper time. Be supportive when she needs it, yes.
>>
>>29619982
CUDDLE
THE
PONY
>>
>>29621778
>>
>>29622440
>>
how the fuck do you fail art school
>>
>>29619982
>You put down your now empty plate and get up.
"You know you don't have to apologize for anything, right Coats?"
>You sit down and wrap an arm around her.
"Everything's gonna be just fine, trust me."
>She leans into you.
>"I don't know Anon. I'm scared."
>You squeeze her lightly.
"Don't worry, I'll take care of you. We can take all the time we need to figure out what to do, but it's important for you to take it easy for now."
>She turns into you and hugs you.
>The warmth of your bodies mingle, and you soak in the sensation.
>You look down at her, the two of you just sitting there holding each other.
>She's such a precious little pony, and you care for her a lot.
>The feeling you get with her in your arms, it's intoxicating.
>Your heart flutters and you think, maybe you care for her as more than just a friend?
>Either way, you need to be here for her when she needs it the most.
"Coats, is there anything you might want to do on campus? Maybe we can do some things you haven't been able to do before. We could pull a little prank on Honeywisp too, she seems like she's overdue for one."
>Coats breaks the hug and giggles a bit.
>"Yeah, she is. She went off to class after we ate breakfast though."
>She looks down and starts playing with her hooves again.
>"We talked about stuff and things... Said our goodbyes..."
>She trails off and stares into space.
>Several seconds pass with her lost in thought.
"You okay Coats?"
>Your voice startles her and she starts to panic.
>"Oh Celestia, oh Celestia."
>She jumps off the bed, sweat suddenly pouring down her face.
>Her eyes dart around and her legs shake.
>"Oh Celestia. I-I'm really sorry Anon, I don't think I can do this."
"Wait, Coats--"
>Before you're able to stand up, she's already thrown on her saddle bags and ran out the door, leaving both the box and you behind.
>>
>>29623318
Oh shit. Run after her.
>>
>>29623318
I am confused.
>>
>>29623318
Chase her
>>
>>29623318
She wont go far grab her box and go find her give her a few minutes to cry before we interupt.
>>
>>29604673
>>Her being one of your oldest friends, you dropped everything and headed straight to Ponyville Station when she called.
lol white knight beta orbiter faggotry
>>
>>29623318
Go talk to Honeywisp and find out what happened
>>
>>29623875
>Not being a true true friend
Fag

>>29623789
Same. Where will she even go?
>>
>>29623318
>Well shit.
>You book it after her.
>You contemplate for a second to take the box with you, but you decide to run and chase her.
>Still, you hope she doesn't go far.
>You run into the hallway, turning after her.
>What the hell is this pony thinking?
>Where would she even go?
>She goes through the door at the end of the hallway, and you're there before it swings back shut.
>A stairwell.
>You hear hurried hoofsteps beneath you and follow their sound.
>If you see Honeywisp, you're gonna need to talk to her about this.
>Something about her must've freaked Coats out or something.
>Eventually, you're dumped at the bottom of the stairwell with one door leading outside.
>You quicky try to push it open, but it refuses to budge.
>You try pushing it again, pulling too in case you're retarded, but still the door doesn't open.
>Fuck!
>You hold your hands to your head, helpless.
>You take a few seconds to sort out your head, and you notice a reddish aura surrounding the door knob.
>You out the window of the door to see a courtyard garden, but it's devoid of any Fresh Coat.
>You try to look along the wall outside the door, but the angle doesn't let you see.
>From what you know of magic, most unicorns can't manipulate things too far away from them, so she's either around a corner or hiding.
>>
>>29624268
Call out to her. Surely she is within earshot.
>>
>>29623875

t. /r9k/ virgin
>>
>>29624268
>You pound on the door.
"Coats! I know you're out there!"
>You try to open the door again, but it's still being jammed shut.
"C'mon Coats! Why're you doing this?"
>Nothing.
"Coats!"
>You look out the window again, trying to get a better look.
>It's the courtyard in the middle of the dorms, full of flowers and other greens.
>There's no outlet from what you can tell, other than several doors leading to other parts of the building.
>There's tables and other furniture, obviously offering a secluded area to study or get away.
>How ironic.
>You can't see anyone else in the courtyard, but you know Coats is there.
"Coats? Talk to me, please! What's wrong?"
>You place your ear to the door and you hear crying.
>Shit, she's really upset.
>Okay, okay, on the up side, she's not running.
>On the down side, if she does run again, she's probably gonna be able to disappear back into the building before you can do anything.
>Okay, this is a really delicate situation, but what the hell can you say to calm her down or even respond?
>>
>>29623875
>not being there for a friend
How do those cocks taste anon.
>>
>>29624407
You know I don't think any less of you for all this right coats.
>>
>>29624407
Give her a minute or two.

I'm here for you, Coats. I know you're scared, but I'm here for you.
>>
File: laughs and freedom.jpg (118KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
laughs and freedom.jpg
118KB, 640x960px
>>29605603
underrated
>>
>>29624407
This must have something to do with the box. But I wouldn't bring it up. Whatever it is, it really upset her.
>>
>>29624407
Tell her she doesn't have to tell you if she doesn't want to
>>
>>29624407
>You decide to give her a minute or two, let her calm down and cry it out.
>Still, you wonder what the hell got into her.
>You sit down next to the door and wait.
>The crying is painful to listen to, and you feel your heart aching.
>All the other times she's cried, it was okay -- you were there to comfort her.
>But now you're shut away, unable to do anything.
>Eventually, the crying subsides to intermittent sniffles.
"Coats?"
>Nothing.
"You know I don't think any less of you for any of this, right Coats?"
>More sniffles, then a muffled voice.
>"I'm sorry Anon."
"No no no, don't be sorry, remember what I said?"
>No response.
"I'm here for you Coats. I know you're scared, but I'm here for you. If you don't want to talk, that's okay, just know I'm here."
>Again, she doesn't respond, so you give her a bit more time.
>A sniffle, then you hear her voice again.
>"Anon?"
"Yeah?"
>You hear a really heavy sigh, one that bears extreme weight.
>"Anon, the things Honeywisp were saying last night."
>A pause.
>"She... she wasn't entirely joking. She wasn't just poking fun, she was teasing."
>Wut.
>>
>>29625033
>"I didn't make many friends here besides Honeywisp, and before that you were pretty much my only friend. The two of you are pretty much the only things I have left."
>You try to process what exactly she's saying.
>"Anon... I really care for you, and I'm deathly scared for anything to happen to our friendship. That's why... that's why I'm so scared to say..."
>Though you can't see her, you can feel that she has her face buried in her hooves again.
>"Anon, I've always had a crush on you."
>A moment passes.
>"I'm scared, I'm so scared you hate me for this. You've already gone through so much for me as a friend, come out to Canterlot, consoled me, offered me a place to stay..."
>She starts crying, and the aura on the door knob fades away.
>"You're probably disgusted with me. You probably don't want to see me ever again. I... I just..."
>Sniffles and tears.
>"If I stayed at your place, I couldn't just lie to your face about how I felt. If I stayed quiet and you found out later, you'd kick me out and hate me forever. Honeywisp said that I had to tell you sooner or later, but I don't know what you'd do and I don't know what I'd do and I'd lose you as a friend too and -- and..."
>You... you should probably do something, yeah.
>>
>>29625040
Coats. You said you needed someone to lean on. No matter what you do, no matter how you feel, you can lean on me. You are my dearest friend.

But you know, I have a confession to make, too.
>>
>>29625040
Tell her you've had feelings for her too, and that you only seduced Honeywisp to make her (Coat) jealous
>>
>>29625040
Well I see no reason we cannot try dating I cannot promise it will work out but I can promise I will make an attempt.
>>29625072
If you are suggesting we say we have a crush on her I am against that.
>>29625088
>and that you only seduced Honeywisp to make her (Coat) jealous
But if I get outvoted (which I probably will be) and we do say we have had feelings for her we should definintly not say this. The situation is to delicate to risk it.
>>
>>29625040
Delicate situation, she needs to have someone to lean on but mix in romance and she could become dependent.

Still, I think we should do it. Just don't lewd the poor mare until she's got a better hold on things as a ground rule.

>>29625296
>Well I see no reason we cannot try dating I cannot promise it will work out but I can promise I will make an attempt.
Do NOT fucking tell her this, she just dropped out of school.
She's not going to want to hear the logical statement of the relationship not working out right now.
She's also an old friend, we can't afford to be so cold and calculating about this.

I do agree about
>>29625088
though, don't tell her that. Not now at least, unless Coats brings it up.
>>
>>29625700
>though, don't tell her that. Not now at least, unless Coats brings it up.
I would rather that not be the reason we flirted with her but if we do go with that I suppose it would make sense not to tell her unless she asks.
>>
>>29625700
>she could become dependent
Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
>>
>>29625755
That should be the reason because it signals it was her we wanted all long. It'll make her feel special.
>>
>>29625793
Yes you faggot.
>>
Oh Coats, why would I hate you for having feelings? This doesn't change that I'm here to support you as best as I can. You can get through this, but please don't shut me out over this.
>>
File: implicit white identity.jpg (71KB, 301x450px) Image search: [Google]
implicit white identity.jpg
71KB, 301x450px
>>29625829
There is no such thing as an independent woman
Pic related, it's you
>>
im loving this. is writefriend coming back?
>>
>>29626309
He will be inconsistent over the next week or so die to personal issues.
>>
>>29626349
*due to
>>
>>29626349
How'd you know that? Or are you just speaking in third person?

Either way, I'd help keep it alive. I've been hanging on every post, mang. I wanna figure out a good way to archive it. A pastebin might not be quite right, since there is some input from readers, but some of it is ignored. I guess saving the whole thread is the answer?
>>
>>29626379
He said it in cyoa discussion.
If the quest lasts long enough it will go on anonpone
>>
File: Bob Ross in Equestria.png (1MB, 663x3801px) Image search: [Google]
Bob Ross in Equestria.png
1MB, 663x3801px
>>29607586
>>
>>29626422
I guess it depends on where he wants to take it. I'm fine either way - it seems he has a story in mind, and I like where he's taking it. So if he feels the need to go to another thread, I'd follow.
>>
>>29624454
t. 15 year old
>>
>>29626548
What no anonpone is not a messageboard it is an archive of quests.
https://www.anonpone.com
>>
>>29626717
Oh, that makes sense. Sorry, I don't normally get involved in CYOA's.
>>
>>29623216
See >>29613359
>>
>>29626872
I forgive you faggot
>>
>>29625040
I WANT TO HOLD FRESH COATS CLOSE AND TELL HER EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE

But that would confuse her poor heart. Romance is not what she needs right now. She needs comfort from a friend. I think after I calm her down here, I will need to talk to Honeywisp. Maybe she can reassure her in a way that her crush can't. We'll both have to apologize to her for teasing her when she's vulnerable.
>>
>>29625040
>Her magic released, you inch open the door to find Coats sitting right there, head in her hooves.
"Hey, hey Coats."
>She stiffens, but doesn't move from her position.
"Coats, why would I hate you for having feelings? You said you needed someone to lean on, and this doesn't change anything.
>She opts not to move, but you hope that what you're saying is reassuring her.
"No matter what you do, no matter how you feel, you can lean on me. Everything is going to be just fine."
>"R-really?"
"Really. You're my dearest friend."
>You sit yourself next to her and hold her close.
>"Y-you don't hate me or anything?"
"Of course not."
>Slowly, you feel her start to relax in your arms.
>You pat her head, and you start to relax as well.
>You take a moment to look around, and you find that the courtyard surrounding is gorgeous.
>Several butterflies flutter around gently, finding sanctuary amongst the large bushes and mosaic of flowers.
>A willow resides at the center and vines climb the walls, making the entire area lush and green.
>Overhead, glass ornaments hang down from a web of strings that stretch from one wall to another.
>The low angle of early morning sunlight glints off of them, creating a display of sparks and rainbows below.
>>
>>29627581
>Coats is still in your arms, and you get the same intoxicating feeling as you did before.
>The two of you turn to each other and your heart nearly skips a beat.
>You never really looked at her this way before, but now that you are...
>Coats, she's beautiful.
>The deep ocean of her precious magenta eyes.
>The radiance of warmth that comes off of her orange coat.
>The way her hair tumbles out her cap and falls on her face.
>The soft, caring, heartfelt smile she's giving you now.
>She's absolutely beautiful in every way, and you're smitten.
"Coats, I--"
>You stop yourself.
>You care for her a lot, and now you know for sure that you have feelings for her.
>But can you really do this?
>Should you really tell her that you return her feelings?
>Thinking of how fragile and lost she must be, is romance really what she needs at this time of her life?
>You could say nothing for now, but who are you to hide your feelings when she's been brave enough to show hers?

Okay, this is kinda important for how the story progresses from now on, so I'm giving you guys another chance to talk it out and give your reasons as for what to do. If opinions are split and arguments are equally compelling, then you're at the mercy of what the story needs.
>>
File: 1466402088530.png (84KB, 618x652px) Image search: [Google]
1466402088530.png
84KB, 618x652px
>>29627598
my inner fangirl is demanding for romance to happen. It probably doesn't need to happen just yet, but fuck it needs to happen
>>
>>29627598
Lets just be friendly right now the last thing she needs is a relasionship no matter how much we may want one.
>>
>>29627598
I'm not a fan of this dueling Anon mentality based stories, but I'll chip in a vote for we like her but want to take it slow.
>>
>>29627824
This this this

Let her get settled first. She needs to get her life back together before she can really handle a relationship.

Don't get baited into a bad end. The last thing we need is our horse gf to be unstable
>>
>>29628000
Check'd
>>
>>29627838
If I may ask, what kind of stories and formats do you like or prefer? The thing here too is, we do like her, but the question is whether we tell her or not.
>>
>>29627779
Bless this drawfriend
>>
>>29627598
Tell her we've had feelings for her too. Move quick while she's vulnerable and we may get laid
>>29627689
tits or gtfo
>>
>>29628033
Why wouldn't we tell her?
>>
>>29628547
If you just want to get your dick wet there is still roommate whos name I already forget.
>>
>>29628618
Why not both?
>>
>>29628554
She's not ready. The complication of falling in love with the person who's taking care of you can mix up your self worth. Plus, it distracts her from the real problem - she needs to learn about the purpose of her cutie mark. She won't be herself if she gives up on that in favor of falling in love with Anon. That's not the waifu we want, right?
>>
>>29628033
Forgive the reference, but I genuinely believe that too many cooks spoil the broth.

Being inspired by something or someone's comment is one thing, but being directed by a faceless collective just feels wrong to me.

Especially when the main character has ties or characteristics in the story, you'll create a rift between Anons who want to see something happen and Anons who try to think about what the main character in the story would do.

It's part of why I don't really participate in CYOA and why collabs between green writers are generally messy, I like reading a single person's vision and deciding whether or not I like it as I read.

Still, I'll stick around because Fresh Coat is a cute poner and the writing isn't bad.

>>29628554
Maybe let on that we feel the same way to give her a hint and some hope, but just jumping in at this point where Coat doesn't know what she wants to do with her life probably isn't the best idea if you want to build her back up.

If you just want to snag a submissive waifu and a quick lay like >>29628547
Then tell her everything, sure. Being the caring type, she'll probably devote herself to you.
But I like a bit of personality in my partner, I'm weird like that. I'd wait to start a formal relationship, at least.

Although if she asks for snuggles, that's my fucking weakness. I never turn down snuggles.
>>
>>29628795
I like you.

>Too many cooks
I can see where you're coming from, but this writefriend seems to be good at making decisions. Even if the anons who have different opinions win out, I think the writefriend will give us a good ride.

>Personality
I completely agree

>Snuggles
...we can do platonic snuggles right?
>>
>>29628795
>I'm weird like that
The technical term is homosexual
>>
>>29627598
Love the paintpone
>>
>>29627598
>You take a deep breath.
"Coats, I think I need to tell you something as well."
>Her smile fades, and you can see apprehension flash in her eyes.
>You hold your hand up to calm her down.
"No no, it's nothing bad."
>Still she looks at you, a mixture of dread and hope swirling in her expressions.
>You give her a gentle smile.
"Coats, you're not exactly alone in your feelings."
>She blinks.
>A smile returns to her face, wider than ever.
>"You mean?"
>She's ecstatic, but you think not to overstep.
>You don't exactly want to rebuff her, yet you don't want to lead her on too much.
>Jumping into a relationship with Coats right now isn't in anyone's best interest, no matter how much you want it yourself too.
>You act quickly to anchor her emotions before she completely flies away.
"I care for you a lot Coats, I really do. I'm wanting the best for you, and what's really important right now is that we focus on getting you back on your hooves, nothing else, alright?"
>She looks at you, confused.
>"Wait, but what did you mean that I'm not alone in my feelings then?"
>You don't say anything, opting to just pull her in and hold her close.
>She hesitates to do anything, but slowly she returns the gesture, wrapping her arms around you.
>The two of you sit together for a while, and you watch as a few butterflies dance in the air in front of you.
>You hope letting her on ever so slightly was the right thing to do.
>>
>>29631178
>Coats nervously chuckles and scratches her head.
>"Well, uhhh, I guess we should get going then."
>She looks really uncomfortable, so you decide to let her move on from the situation.
>It's not long before the two of you are heading up the stairs back to her room.
>"Sorry, about the whole, you know, running thing."
"No, it's okay, I understand. You don't need to apologize."
>"I'll just grab the rest of my stuff and I guess we're off to do whatever."
>Her dorm room is still open, and the box is still there.
>Coats levitates it up and takes one last look at the room.
>She shuts the door and sighs.

>After turning in her key and taking care of a few more minor things, Coats is a free mare, the world at her disposal.
>Or rather, the world threatening to chew her up and spit her out, judging by the expression on her face.
>You place a hand on her withers.
"Coats, it's okay. I'm going to take care of you and we're going to sort things out in no time."
>"Y-yeah."
>The two of you stand just outside the building, looking towards the street.
>You might consider going home and retiring early, get Coats settled in as soon as possible.
>On the contrary, there could be some stuff in Canterlot to do, enjoy the sights and sounds, spend some quality time together.
>Coats never did tell you if there was anything she wanted to do either too.
>>
>>29631179
Hm what time of year is it would there be any nightmare night or hearths warming decorations up yet we could go look at.

On second thought thats a bad idea art may not be the best thing for her right now.

Are we by any chance close with any of the princesses if so we should take her for a walk in the royal gardens that might cheer her up. If we are not close enough with royalty to be allowed in lets just go wait for the friendship express.
>>
>>29608191
>fresh coat wallowed in her sorrow, until she realized the truth
>the truth about the art school
>the truth about the banks
>the truth about equestria after it's last Great War
>the gryphons are behind it all
>she remembered her stepfather from a while ago, who was the first gryphon she ever met
>he turned out to be a asshole after bits
>but this was not some grudge or deflecting the accusation of blame
>she knew that it was the truth, just like how the rest of the equestrian people do, because they were slaves as well
>even the princess was a puppet on strings for the gryphons behind the scenes, especially the ones sponsoring the media
>that was when fresh coat realized that the plague of the gryphons must be driven out or eradicated, and that it needed to happen NOW
>the time for political correctness and mooslim migrants have passed
>fresh coat was going to make her country GREAT AGAIN! GAS THE CLUCKS, GRAZE WAR NOW!
>>
>>29624094
>>29624307
>>29624422
Hahahahahahaha not only are you beta white knights, you try to defend it too XD
>>
>>29631179
(Poor confused Coats... But at least she's not crying anymore. Also WHAT'S IN THE BOX?)

Look, I didn't mean to confuse you. I just want you to see you find your purpose, you know? I don't want to keep you from your destiny. You are a truly wonderful mare, and I know your destiny is going to be incredible.
>>
>>29631179
Ask her if there's anything she always wanted to do or just go see the city, it's a sort of last chance and it will do her well to relax and think of something else for a while.
>>
File: 1479823509949.jpg (59KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1479823509949.jpg
59KB, 500x456px
>>29631318
>>
>>29631342
S A V A G E
>>
>>29631191
The current year
>>
>>29631342
U mad, white Boi?
>>
>>29631179
ask her what she wants to do
>>
>>29623875
>friend is going to kill themselfs.
Fuck idk doesnt seem like a good reason to comfort them to me.
>>
I WANT TO LOVE THE PONY but I'm not sure how to handle the delicate situation. I have a similar situation irl and I don't know what to do with it, either.
>>
>>29628547
but I'm not a grill though anon
>>
>>29631687
>I have a similar situation irl
Holy shit, why didn't you tell us you found the portal?
>>
>>29631820
All the ponies are mine now, sucker!
>>
>>29631847
This website is 18+ only
>>
>>29631854
Sorry for trying to have fun, anonymous. Let's not ruin this thread.
>>
>>29631366
He meant what time of year, like winter or summer. By the description of the courtyard scene, I'd guess spring.
>>
>>29631179
>wat do

She said she finished her goodbyes. Let's get out of Canterlot, maybe get something to eat in Ponyville after getting her stuff home.

Also if we have ice cream she needs it.
>>
>>29633348
But we still gotta prank Honeywisp.
>>
>>29633486
Give it some time, make a day of it down the road.
>>
>>29633486
>prank
An odd way to spell fuck
>>
>>29634765
Shame we decided to have feelings for coat I was hoping to get back in touch and finish what coat interupted.
>>
>>29635222
No. Coats deserves love. Do not break her pure heart.
>>
>>29635306
Oh I am not saying we should go for her now just that I would want to if we had not voted to have feelings for coat. I don't think a relationship would be a good thing for her right now though she may make her life revolve around us and worse if she does indeed become dependent and things do not work out between us she will spiral right back into a depression a double depression if she has still not worked out her purpose. Down the line though when coat is happy again we can date her and maybe coat and honeywisp would be down for a threesome. Or if things with coat end up not working then we go for honeywisp.
>>
>>29635222
>>29635306
>>29635700
Why can't we fug Honeywisp behind Coats back?
>>
>>29608089
>that pic.

>Old Ross mourning the death of his wife.

>I know. i'll make a parody of his sorrow.
>>
>>29635914
Pain is funny
>>
>>29635844
Because that would be immoral.
>>
>>29636090
but it would also be hot
>>
File: 1488231319562.jpg (25KB, 468x272px) Image search: [Google]
1488231319562.jpg
25KB, 468x272px
>>29635914
>Tfw I remember watching this

I may not like the parody for being based on that, but godamn did it give me feels from then.
>>
>>29636090
The hell are you talking about "immoral"? There is something called polyamory you know. inb4 translation = slut which wouldn't be completely wrong

>>29631179
Remind her that she doesn't need to leave immediately. Why don't we take advantage of any faculties that the school has to offer while she's there on her last day?
And pranking. She totally wanted to prank Honeywisp. It needs to happen.
>>
>>29636508
>It's just polyamory
>behind her back

I don't think you're seeing the issue here
>>
>>29636555
Nice trips
Though I'm not- I see the issue. I didn't remember that part of the other anon's post. What I was intending, was asking Honeywisp if she'd be cool with it first, and see if there'd be a way to find out if Coat had any feelings for her too. That is, if either of them even like each other that way. But 2>1 for helping to cheer Coat up.
>>
>>29636508
Polyamoy is fine as long as everybody involved knows what the situation is going behind there backs is wrong.
Besides these people know each other they would find out at some point even if they are unlikely to see each other again for a few months.
>>
>>29636563
Fair enough then.
I would not be averse to bringing it up but only once we are well into the relationship and we still should not date coat for a least a few weeks.
>>
>>29636582
Nah man, it always comes crashing down, know of any happy endings to a poly relation? I don't.
>>
>>29636601
Anecdotal. Just because you don't hear about it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. On top of that, there's more than one reason why something like that would collapse. It ain't simple or easy, and it takes work to keep a relationship like that together. Collapse of a poly could be as easy as "one party picked a favorite", and it's all over.
>>
>>29636601
Well what do you think of just the ocasional 3 way.
>>
>>29635700
I'm not sure lying to her would have been the best choice either. Once the time came to tell her, she'd surely be upset if she found out we had been hiding it from her, especially since she put herself out there first.

I think honesty is the best policy here, even if it's a bit awkward at first. We simply can't romance her yet. It doesn't seem she's strong enough at the moment to stand on her own while dating Anon.

Shoutout to writefriend for writing when he can, even though he is busy.
>>
>>29631179
"So, is there anything else you wanna do here in Canterlot? We don't need to leave right away."
>"I dunno, not really."
>Coats raises a hoof to her chin.
>"Well, I've always kinda wanted to paint in the Canterlot Gardens, but I never set aside the time to do that before."
>Upon more reflection, she deflates a little.
>"I... I don't think I'm feeling up for that though."
"Hey, that's alright. If there's anything else you wanna do, we can do that instead."
>She looks to the ground for a few seconds, then looks back to you.
>"There's nothing I can really think of."
"Maybe we can just walk around and enjoy the sights?"
>"I think I'm okay."
>She rubs one of her forehooves with the other.
>"I've already said goodbye to everyone I care about, and Canterlot isn't exactly a new place to me."
>You nod.
"Hey, now that you mention it, how about Honeywisp? You really wanted to prank her earlier, don't deny it."
>You give her a raised eyebrow and a mischevious smile.
>She can't help but smile as well.
>"That'd be great, but I already said my goodbyes to her. I don't think I want to spoil that."
>(X) Doubt.
"C'mon, just looking at your face, I can tell you're lying to me. You totally want to do it."
>She laughs.
>"What are you talking about? I'm being serious, shut up."
>She can't keep a straight face.
"What's the harm in a small friendly prank? It'll be great."
>"I don't know Anon. I mean, seriously though, there's not much we could do that we can't do another time, I've already turned in my key."
"Why do it later when we can do it now?"
>You nudge her in the side.
>"Oh come on Anon. What if I don't really feel like doing it today?"
"Fine, have it your way. I guess we can walk to Ponyville instead too since you like being bored with nothing to do."
>She sticks her tongue out at you and you can't help but chuckle.
>She smiles as she turns away from you, setting off for the station and leaving you behind with the box once again.
>>
>>29636821
>Coats looks through the window at Canterlot shrinking in the distance.
>You wrap an arm around her, and she lays her head against your shoulder.
"Everything's gonna be fine. You're a wonderful mare and no matter what you think, I know that the future ahead of you is bright."
>She says nothing, and the train continues to rumble on.

>The afternoon sun bears down from overhead as you step off the train.
>Coats follows close behind you.
"Well, here we are -- Ponyville."
>"Huh, it's smaller than I expected."
>You smile.
"Don't worry, it'll only get smaller as you get used to it."

>You and Coats round the corner, and there it is -- your humble abode.
"Here we are Coats, this is it."
> Coats' box in your arms, you struggle to pull your keys out of your pocket.
>You manage to get them in hand just as you arrive at your door.
>With a twist and a push, you swing the door open and reveal the inside.
"Tada! Home sweet home."
>Of course, it's nothing impressive.
>A small living room and kitchen with a hall leading to a bedroom and bathroom, enough to keep you happy and going.
>"Jeez Anon, you've got all this to yourself?"
"Heh, I get by. Hope it's up to par for you."
>She drops her saddlebags on the floor and sits down.
>"This is really nice Anon."
>She looks around, taking things in.
>With a couch, a coffee table, and the kitchen utilities, you're not exactly sure what there is to take in.
>She stands up and gives you a long hug.
>"Again, thanks for giving me a place to stay for a while, Anon. Thanks for everything."
>>
>>29636508
>>>/t/umblr
>>
>>29636828
What time of day is it did we take the season one all night to get from ponyvile to canterlot train or the later ponyville to the crystal empire in a few hours traon.
>>
>>29636883
>afternoon sun
Probably didn't take them too long to get across town, so I'd say maybe around 2ish
>>
File: 2erQnYz.png (348KB, 474x366px) Image search: [Google]
2erQnYz.png
348KB, 474x366px
>>29636849
>polyamory is tumblr
>>
>>29636828
WHAT'S
IN
THE
BOX?

Ask her about the box!
>>
>>29636828
i personally think it's a pretty bad idea. but I'm just throwing it out there. but maybe the cmc could help discern a deeper meaning of her cutiemark
>>
>>29636962
it's just her personal possessions from the dorm anon.
the same noirmal crap everybody has
>>
>>29636974
That might be the worst idea to be thrown out so far in this thread.
Seconded.
>>
>>29636979
She has her belongings in her saddlebags. The box is mysterious. The writer keeps drawing attention to it. There's probably something in there.

>>29636974
I was thinking about this, but I don't think she wants to meet anyone in town yet. But after she gets settled, I vote for this. Heck, if they catch wind if this, they'd come to her.

Who does anon know in Ponyville anyway? Surely he is aware of the mane 6 and the CMC because they're important figures in town, but how well does he know them?
>>
>>29637002
>There's probably something in there
Severed heads
>>
>>29636828
Search the box while she's not looking
>>
>>29637051
Paintings of severed heads. It might explain why she failed art school.
>>
>>29636983
Well, at the very least their destructive shenanigans will take her mind off of everything and maybe brighten her mood.
>>
>>29637824
I dunno, to a stressed pony, that might not be very fun. It's different when you're the viewer.
>>
>>29636926
Monogami is a tool of the patriarchy
>>
>>29637002
>Not really open to meeting new ponies.

"Hey Coats. You know how you said paining is what you are best at? well i don't think that's true. To me you have always been best at being my friend, and I'm sure Honeywisp would agree. You just got to give others a chance, and maybe you'll learn something about yourself."

>>29636962
>Box falls over.
Portrat of anon with mouth worn away from her kissing it, and all kinds of other green monkey paraphernalia fall out.

>Paints dies of embarrassment.
bad end.
>>
>>29638925
That's why we ask about the box instead of try to open it. If she is comfortable with sharing its contents, it'll be a good thing. If not, then we don't want to risk the spaghetti.
>>
>>29638988

>making a mountain out of a molehill

>the box probably doesn't even have a top, and anon can see it just has a pillow, blankets, and maybe a lamp in it.
>>
>>29636907
Oh silly me.
>>29636828
Play a board game.
>>
File: rip flutters.png (103KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
rip flutters.png
103KB, 500x333px
>>29639201
>Play a board game
>Play pony equivalent of LIFE
>When prompted, she immediately chooses career
>Awkward air ensues.
>Gets married in game.
>Accidentally calls her husband piece Anon

Or conversely, pic related. Monopoly party with however many of the mane six agree.
>>
>>29639339
No fuck monopoly.
>>
>>29639936
>>29639339
A game of cards maybe?
>>
>>29640259
Could work
Magic maybe anything but yugioh really.
>>
>>29640536
I think he meant something along the lines of blackjack or poker.
>>
>>29640764
c'mon, gotta have anon send coats TO THE SHADOW REALM.
>>
>>29640921
Coats is for love, not kill
>>
>>29641872
No nobody dies in yugioh just gets sent to the shadow real..
>>
>>29636828
>You return the hug with one arm, the other still holding the box.
"It's no problem Coats. I'm your friend and I'm glad to help you out."
>You walk over to the coffee table and put the box down there.
>Happy to have your hands free, you stretch out and crack your back.
>You turn back to Coats, who's resumed absorbing your apartment.
"Well, make yourself at home. What's mine is yours. The bathroom's down there to the left, and you can stay in the bedroom to the right."
>She furrows her brows.
>"How about you? Where are you gonna sleep?"
"I'll be comfy on the couch."
>She begins to protest, but you quickly shush her.
"Here, how about this?"
>You walk over to the hallway and open your trusty storage closet.
>Oh boy do you love this closet.
>Whatever you lack in furniture, this closet makes up for it.
>You've stocked it to have everything you could ever need, and then some.
"You wanna play some cards? I got some playing cards in here."
>"I know unichre."
"Oh cool, I can invite some ponies over for that if you want. We could even play some board games. Pinkie'll love to meet you."
>You pull out a box of Monopony and show it to Coats.
>She shakes her head.
"Settlers of Ponan?"
>"I just, I don't feel good about being around others right now. They're gonna ask me where I'm from and what I do and I don't really wanna answer that."
>You nod and put away the Monopony.
"Battleclouds? Ponnect Four?"
>"Those work."
>>
>>29641991
>Coats sits on the floor across the table, and you lean forward from the couch.
>"Sky three?"
"And that's my stratus."
>She gives you a cheeky smile.
>"So much for being unbeatable, huh?"
"Hey, not my fault that you cheated."
>"What do you mean I cheated? I can take you on blindfolded no problem!"

>She drops one of the Ponnect Four chips into the grid.
>"Why do you even have all these games for Anon? It's not like you have a roommate around to play with you at a moment's notice."
"Well, I have you for now, so I'm gonna be getting as much value out of these games as I can."
>You drop another chip in and you get an idea.
"What're you trying to imply anyways?"
>You scrunch your face a bit.
"That I have no friends or something?"
>"What? No! That's not wh--"
"I got plenty of friends! You kidding me?"
>You stand up and she quickly does the same.
>"Anon! I didn't mean--"
"Here, I'll show you how many friends I have! Let me just pull them out of the closet and you'll see just how many friends I have!"
>She sputters and you struggle to keep yourself from laughing.
>Her face changes as seems to realize you were joking.
>"Anon, don't scare me like that! I was really afraid I upset you or something."
>A pang of guilt hits your chest and you regret your little prank.
>"I mean, of course you have friends! You're a great guy and I know that."
>Your heart drops a bit.
"Coats, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."
>"It's okay Anon. It's just..."
>She sighs.
>"Whatever blow-up dolls you have in there, you don't need to mention them to inflate your friend count, okay? You do that enough with all your hot air."
>You look at her blankly, and she doesn't even try to keep a straight face.
>"What? Should've left out the hot air part? Was it that bad?"
>>
>>29642000
>You package up the games and slide them across the floor to the closet, and your stomach rumbles.
>Looking at the clock, it's only 3:30.
>You and Coats had some snacks on the train, but that's all you ate today other than breakfast.
>You have some stuff in the fridge and cupboards, but they're mostly snacks and other sweets.
>The food market isn't far if you want to prepare something yourself, but Ponyville has tons of places such as the Hayburger and Cafe Hay as well.
>Alternatively, you can wait it out for dinner.
>You keep these things in the back of your mind.

>In the mean time, Coats had levitated her box back onto the table and placed her saddlebags close by.
>You point to the box.
"Hey, what's in there anyways?"
>She shrugs.
>"Nothing much really."
"What do you mean nothing much? I carried it, and it definitely weighs more than nothing much."
>"Well, if you really want to know, it's just some art supplies and other stuff."
>She opens the flaps on the box and you can see a pillow sitting on top.
>She pulls the pillow out, as well as a blanket, revealing several things underneath.
>Sketchbooks, sketchpads, brushes, paint tubes, and all sorts of other things.
>Several papers are scattered inside as well -- most are white, but some of them are toned brown.
>Seems like Coats just threw in everything she didn't have in her saddlebags and called it a day.
>She picks up the papers with her magic and quickly skims through them.
>Her face contorts, trying to hide any natural expressions.
>Once she's satisfied (or rather, sufficiently dissatisfied), the papers float over to the kitchen and get unceremoniously dumped into the recycling bin.
>She begins to float out the rest of the box's contents, and you hear her stomach growl.
>>
>>29642014
Lets avoid the hayburger if twilight is there she will bombard us with questions same for sugercube corner and pinkie pie.

Go to that cafe instead.
>>
>>29642014
Slip a finger in her pussy
>>
>>29642250
Not yet anon.
>>
>>29642014

>>29642150 makes a good point pinkis is going to have a damn fit once she sees a new pony in town.

it's going ot happen sooner or later. then she's going to lern her birthday and throw her a party and all that.

is coats always wearing her hat unless you explicitly say shes not? i just want a clearer mental picture.
>>
>>29642014
Hey Coats, how about I make us dinner? I'll stop by the market for some ingredients. You can come if you want, unless you'd rather stay. You made breakfast for me this morning, so let me return the favor.
>>
>>29642014
>>29642405
I'm sure Pinkie would understand the situation and try to help. Remember the lengths she went to for Cranky Doodle?
>>
>>29643075
I'm not sure if Pinkie has the tools to really help. She can cheer her up, which is good, but discovering the meaning of a cutie mark might be beyond her.

But either way, Coats wants to just relax for a bit. Pinkie can be stressful if you aren't expressly looking for a party.
>>
>>29642000
>>29642014
Loving this banter and pony board game puns.

>Blow -up dolls to inflate friend count
Will anon ever recover?
>>
>>29643124
Come to think of it, Pinkie seems to know everyone in town. If anyone knew a pony in need of a painter or whatever it'd be her. It's true though that now might not be the time for it. Just chill for a while, sounds good.
>>
>>29642014
"You hungry Coats?"
>"Kinda."
>Her voice is dismissive, and you can tell that the art supplies has soured her mood a little.
>She continues to float her things out of the box.
"How about I go make us dinner then? You made breakfast for me this morning, so let me return the favor."
>"To be fair, I just brought it from the dining hall after Honeywisp and I ate breakfast."
"That's besides the point. I'll stop by the market for some ingredients. You can come if you want."
>She considers it for a second.
>"I think I'll stay here."
"You sure? There's not much to do in here since I spend a lot of my time outside. Walking around and getting active is nice too."
>"I'm fine Anon, thanks though."
"Well, take care of yourself while I'm gone okay? Make yourself at home and I'll be back in forty-five minutes."
>She nods as you grab a paper bag, making your way outside.

>The walk isn't long -- took you ten minutes and you're already here.
>Ponyville's market is always a reasonably bustling place, but not overcrowded.
>If ponies aren't here to buy groceries or eat at the restaurants, it serves just fines as a place to meet with friends among other things.
>You scan the food stalls, thinking of what dinner you can make.
>Some kind of pasta is a safe bet, so you decide to start there.
>>
>>29645064
>You toss over the few bits needed for your tomatoes, and you're all set.
>Before you head back for home, however, a shushed pink voice calls out for you.
>"Anon! Aaaanooooon! Over here!"
>You turn to see Pinkie Pie, frantically gesturing for you behind the apple stall.
>"Quick! It's an emergencyyyy!".
>Knowing Pinkie and her version of emergencies, you're not in any rush to get over.
>You leisurely walk towards her as you place the tomatoes in your bag.
>She ducks back down behind the cover of the stall, revealing an unamused Applebloom next to her.
>As soon as you're close, she grabs your shoulders and pulls you right in front of her face.
>"Anon! You gotta help me!"
>Her voice drops to a whisper as Applebloom imitates silently.
>"My Pinkie Sense is rubadubbin the wrong way."
>Applebloom throws her forelegs up.
>"For Pete's sake Pinkie! You've been acting like this ever since noon!"
>"Well, for good reason!"
>You clear your throat to get their attention.
"So, what's exactly wrong?"
>"What's wrong? What's wrong!"
>Pinkie starts to shake you around.
>"Somepony in town is sad! They're new too!"
>She scans the market before locking back to you.
>"You gotta help me Anon! You're pretty tall so you should be able to who it is! I gotta throw a party for them stat!"

>>29642405
She usually wears her cap, and I'll probably mention when she's not. It's safe to assume she's wearing it unless she's in bed or the like, similar to Applejack. Her apron, however, she doesn't usually wear.
>>
>>29645098
Man, Pinkie is going to find out one way or another, and once she does, there would be no stopping her from throwing a party... I think we gotta stall her until tomorrow at least. We have to tell Pinkie something to keep her from following anon all day. Maybe tell her she needs to get a party supply from very far away, or that you saw the sad pony get on the train out of town? Apple Bloom would understand; maybe once Pinkie is out of earshot she could help us distract her?
>>
>>29645098
Pinkie Pie is on the hunt! I think it'd be best if Anon explained the some of the situation so Pinkie won't be as overwhelming for Coats when they meet.
>>
>>29645166

"pinkie... a party killed her parents"

>pinkies reaction
>>
>>29645320
I dunno, maybe we should actually let her be surprised when the party happens. But she surely doesn't want a party tonight.
>>
Oh shit I acidently closed the thread I though I did not seem to have enough cyoa open.
>>
>>29645098
I know this will be hard for you to hear pinkie but a party is something she really should not have right now I promise you as soon as she is ready for it I will contact you but she needs to be alone right now.
Tell applebloom to make sure applejack makes pinkie stick to that.
>>
>>29642014
>anon looks at drawings later and they're actually really good
Want
>>
I'm terrified of the chances that Fresh Coat ran away before we get back.
>>
>>29647656
I doubt it she is probably meant to paint houses.
That or manafacture paint.
>>
>>29647706
>"Wooaohoahoh."
"What happened now Pinkie?"
>"My Pinkie sense stopped rubadubbin. I guess nopony's sad anymore!"
>>
>>29647722
It is not about being unhappy it is about being new in town.
>>
>>29648037
How else would she know that someone in town is sad then? She knows both.
>>
>>29645815
Pinkies' reaction:
>wow, I did Nazi that coming.
>>
>>29645098
"Pinkie, just because I'm tall doesn't mean I can tell how everyone in town is feeling."
>"Doesn't matter! Your face says you know who it is!"
>You roll your eyes.
>This pink pony really is overwhelming sometimes.
>Even though Pinkie's sweet and always has good intentions, Coats definitely won't take too well to a party.
"Okay, so I do know who it is."
>"So you're gonna tell me?"
"I'll tell you, but you have to promise not to throw a party for her."
>"What!? No parties!? You're giving me cupcake and telling me not to eat it Anon, a no can do."
"Trust me when I say that a party isn't what she needs right now. She just wants to be alone for a bit."
>Pinkie's in disbelief.
>"Are you trying to tell this party pony that there's something a party won't help?"
>"I dunno Pinkie, there's been plentya times I just felt like being left alone."
>"Puh!"
"Look Pinkie, I'll tell you when it's okay to throw her a party, okay? I'll even help you with it then."
>She crosses her arms and concedes defeat.
>"Fine. You better promise me to cheer her up good then."
"Promise."
>You look to Applebloom.
"Do me a favor and make sure she doesn't follow me?"
>The filly salutes you.
>Happy you've averted crisis for a little while, you toss enough bits for an apple and a little extra since Applebloom's a good kid.
>With twice the amount of mouths to feed, however, you're probably going to have to be a bit more frugal in the future.
>Those few bits won't hurt much though, and you can probably afford eating out a few times with Coats.
>Picking an apple off the stand for a snack, you head back home.
>>
>>29648608
>Just as you said, you're back home after being out for about forty-five minutes.
>You open the door and find Coats fast asleep on the couch, cap still fixed on her head.
>Walking over to the kitchen, you drop your apple core into the garbage and slide the groceries onto the counter.
>Looking back to Coats, it's a bit amusing how she's sprawled herself out
>With her sleeping, you can probably use this as your time to do whatever.
>On a regular day, you'd usually be out hiking or fishing if not spending time with others, but you don't think you should go out again without Coats.
>You have a small collection of books in the bedroom to pass time if needed, though getting a head start on cooking doesn't sound bad either.
>Waking Coats up is an option as well.
>What to do, what to do...
>>
>>29648614
Let her sleep, spruce up the bedroom, carry the sleeping Coats to the bed and tuck her in. Kiss her forehead and wish her sweet dreams. Then go get things set u for dinner, read a book and enjoy their scent of Coats on your sofa. Oh, and jeep an eye out for Ponka.
>>
>>29648614
Let her rest for a while and then wake her up with a meal if she isn't up already.
>>
>>29648614
Get her a blanket and prepare a meal
>>
>>29648614
Let Coats rest, it's something she needs right now. Anon should use this time to cook for two people. Maybe a dish of something different that is not spaghetti all the time, eh?
>>
>>29648614
Anon already knows her weakness "him". a little flirting would get her thinking with something other than her head, and maybe get her to promise or agree with anything.
Puppy dog eyes may be a little underhanded but could be useful in the future.
>>
>>29648739
This
Well I don't see the point of sniffing the sofa but I suppose it cannot hurt.
>>29649304
Probably not a good idea to lead her on.
>>
OP here, heading home now. Trip will probably take around six hours. Thanks everyone for sticking around and being so patient with me.

I'll probably keep doing two-post updates twice or even thrice a day, avoiding dedicated "sessions" if I can since it seems like people from different time zones are interested. No promises, but I'm trying my best. If you guys would like it differently or have any feedback or suggestions at all, please feel free to share. Thanks again.
>>
>>29651048
that sounds fine share the love around the world.
>>
>>29650226
He's not leading her on. She's gonna get it. He's just being a little manipulative to help her out in the long run.
>>
>>29651107
"Well I packed this picnic basket with your favorite food and i thought we could go up on the hill and watch the stars together...but i guess if you don't wanna go out..."
>>
>9
>>
>>29648614
Wake her up with the smell of fancy spagoots.

Do not manipulate the pony.
>>
File: 1475339507888.jpg (2MB, 3900x5700px) Image search: [Google]
1475339507888.jpg
2MB, 3900x5700px
Random horse bump
>>
>>29651048
I like the way you've been doing it. Two or three times a day sounds good to me. Thanks for keeping up with us even though you were on vacation.

I hope you had a nice trip, Anon.
>>
>>29653272
>I hope you had a nice trip, Anon.
considering the circumstances probably not.
>>
File: 1468364276739.png (688KB, 725x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1468364276739.png
688KB, 725x1024px
>>29652871
>>
>>29648614
>Thinking about it, Coats' stomach was already rumbling when you left, so the sooner you can start cooking the better.
>You get all the ingredients and cooking paraphernalia ready, and a pot of water is over heat in no time.
>With that underway, you go and spend some time tidying up the bedroom and putting on fresh bed-sheets.
>Once that's done, you walk over to Coats with the intention of carrying her to bed, but you realize that you'd probably wake her up.
>Though ponies are somewhat small, they're not exactly mini and easy to carry.
>You do the next best thing, covering her with a blanket and resting her head on a pillow.
>Reflecting on the day so far and seeing how peaceful she looks now, you smile to yourself.
>You turn back to the kitchen and get cooking.

>The pasta is al dente just as you're about done making the tomato and garlic sauce.
>The smell of cooked garlic is still strong in the air.
>You feel a bit bad that you're making spaghetti for the nth time, but at least it's somewhat fancier than usual.
>You take a few more minutes to finish cooking, and you end up with more than enough to feed the both of you.
>Looking at the clock, it's around 5:00.
>>
>>29654103
>Coming over to Coats, you second guess waking her up.
>She looks too comfortable to disturb, almost like a sleeping angel.
>Worried about how she'll sleep later tonight, you decide not to keep her sleeping for much longer.
>You place a hand on her shoulder and shake her gently through the blanket.
"Coats. Hey, Coats."
>She starts to stir and you let her slowly come about.
>Her eyes flutter open, and she looks to you through a hypnopompic fog.
>"Hey."
>Her voice is groggy, and you can feel yourself getting drunk on how cute she sounds.
"I made us dinner already."
>"Mmmm. Yeah, I can smell it. Smells really good."
>You go and grab the plates you've prepared and place them on the coffee table.
"Sorry for the lack of a dining table. Never needed one for myself before."
>"Oh, yeah no. No problem."
>She pulls herself up to a sitting position and looks to the clock.
>Her gaze falls downward, looking at nothing particular on the floor.
>Picking up on this, you try to pull her attention back to you by sitting on the floor and nudging a plate towards her.
"I made some tomato and garlic spaghetti. Hope you that's okay with you."
>"Yeah, it is. Thanks."
>She looks to you for affirmation and you encourage her to dig in.
>She obliges, and you dig in yourself.
>The two of you eat in silence.
>>
Man, she's distraught. And wouldn't you be? To be so terrible at what you love so as to drop out of school, then you're suddenly whisked away by the one you love, but they won't return your feelings... I feel for her. But it's hard to reassure her in this position.

There's a lot of evening left, too. Nobody wants to spend it in silence.

"Coats, I want you to know that you didn't ruin this friendship. I want to do everything I can to help you. This must be really hard for you, but I know you can make it through this."

If not at the dinner table, we should soon start making plans to find her some painting work. She has had a tough day (I think she may still be having it) Perhaps in the morning.
>>
>>29654105
Ask her how the food is.
>>
i love you m
>>
>>29654105
I think we have to tell her or rather explain what pinkie pie has planned, she will not hold out on that party forever, and honestly a party might pick her up a bit.
As anon above said she's really broken right now and we need to give her something, maybe offer that if she's willing to get the party over with sooner than Later we'll be her "date" for the night with a promise to bail her If it's too intense
>>
>>29657028
I think a Pinkie surprise party would do her well. Just not at this moment. I don't think she would attend a party if she knew it was coming. But we should still offer to bail her out if she needs it.
>>
>>29657028
>>29657462
Pinkie and Coats' first time meeting doesn't have to be in a party. That can come later and in the meantime Pinkie and Anon can figure out a way to help Coats.
>>
>>29657698
Would Pinkie be any help in figuring out Coats' cutie mark, though?
>>
>>29658222
Maybe, maybe not. If she can't help then she could find someone else to help since she knows a lot of ponies.
>>
>>29658263
That's true.

I feel like Rarity would also know ponies that might have paint-related needs. House-makeovers are in the same vein as Rarity's talent. Also, I think she'd be more understanding and graceful about Coats' situation.

Applejack could probably always use a Fresh Coat of paint on a barn or something.
>>
>>29604673
>My cutie mark is a bucket of paint for crying out loud!
Sounds like someone is a painter, not an artist.
>>
>>29658312
Dramatic irony.
>>
File: coat.png (56KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
coat.png
56KB, 250x250px
Late Night Bump
>>
>>29654105
>She's really distraught, but you can't blame her.
>There's still a lot of the afternoon left, and you don't want to spend it in silence.
"Coats, I know I've said it a lot already, but I want you to know that you didn't ruin this friendship. I just want to do everything I can to help you."
>She swirls her food with her magicked fork.
>"I know. I just feel weird about everything."
>Again, you can't blame her.
"This must be really hard for you, but I know you can make it through this."
>"Anon, I really appreciate everything you do. It really means a lot for me."
>She plants the fork in her spaghetti.
>"I just -- I just don't know."
>She blankly stares at her food.
>Staring through it would be a more accurate description though.
>Another silence falls on the room.
>It stays like this for a minute before you speak up again.
"I, uh, ran into a friend at the market."
>Coats looks back up to you, her thoughts disturbed.
"She wanted to throw a welcome to town party for you."
>She gives you a worried look.
"Don't worry, I remember what you said earlier and told her to hold it off for a while."
>She relaxes a bit, and she resumes eating her food.
"Her name's Pinkie Pie, and she's a really nice pony. She always wishes the best for everyone. Maybe you'd like to meet her some time?"
>You let her finish her bite of food.
>"I mean sure, but I don't want to bother anyone I don't have to."
"You're not a bother on anyone Coats."
>She looks back down and says nothing, silently continuing to eat her food.
>>
>>29659751
>You're not sure of what else to say, so the both of you finish your meals without another word.
>"Thanks for cooking Anon. It was really good."
>She brings her plate to the kitchen sink and places her forehooves on the rim.
>She turns her head to you.
>"So uh, how do you do your dishes? You just wash them or?"
>You wave your hand.
"Just leave it there, I'll take care of it."
>She drops back down on the floor and faces you.
>"Anon, you're giving me room and board. Please at least let me at least wash the dishes for you."
>Tilt your head at her.
>"Please?"
>You're not exactly one to argue, especially since she seems to want to do it.
"Alright, if you say so. Just remember that you don't have to do anything if you don't want to."
>"It's washing dishes Anon. Can you let me feel useful for something, anything please?"
>The desperation in her tone catches you off guard and Coats notices.
>"Oh no, Anon I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you like that."
"No no, you didn't snap at me. It's okay. I'm just, you can do the dishes if you want."
>She seems a little pained, but she turns back and begins to wash her plate as well as the pot and pan you used.
>>
>>29659759
Go check outside to make sure pinkie pie is not snooping around.
>>
>>29659815
Seconded.
>>
>>29659815
Good idea.

Also, thank Coats for doing the dishes. It is nice of her to help out around the house.

Then we should decide how to hang out with Coats for the rest of the evening. What does she wanna do? She'll probably say something dismissive. I'd suggest a movie, but whether those exist in Equestria or not is dubious.
>>
>>29659759
poor coats is in that horrible spiral of feeling useless and direction-less.

we need to give her a drive .. so she wants to earn her keep? all right then Anon has a business selling Zecora's wares right?
I think its time that he had a new banner/sign for said business tell her its her rent for the week or what ever. just give her a purpose.
>>
>>29660610
I don't know if asking her to make art/graphic art is a good idea. We know she's not good at it, and it really discourages her.
>>
>>29660657
Agreed.
>>
>>29660667
That said I am pretty sure her real talent is probably painting houses or something so we need to try and trick her into that at some point.
>>
>>29604673
>you will never eat this qt's delicious little marepussy until she drowns you in marecum
>>
>>29660671
Anon did mention that around the beginning of the story, so she is aware that that kind of work may be coming up.

We, the audience, know from Spice Up Your Life that Coats' talent is painting houses. At least, interior paint. I suppose it's up to the writefriend to decide if she's also up to exterior paint, though I don't think there's a huge difference between the two. Anyways, we know this, but Anon and Coats do not. They'll figure it out one day or another.
>>
>>29660657
Have we actually seen her art though? Every artist hates their work and thinks it's shit so it could be a matter of just exactly that, when in reality she's a fuckin Van Gogh

Art schools are for suckers anyways so there's always a chance the things she was "learning" there only made her think she wasn't doing it the "right" way, I'm thinkin' we should see what she's got and let ourselves be the judge on whether the pony with a damn paint can for a cutie mark is a good painter
>>
>>29660674
>eating pussy
>ever
Fucking gross
>>
>>29660734
I suppose you're right, we haven't seen her art. Maybe she be would be show us, if she hasn't already thrown it all into the trash. If it's all gone, we could ask Honeywisp if she has seen Coats' work.

...Though we readers do know, canonically, her talent is painting houses. I guess this doesn't have to stick to canon, but I'm thinking it will in this regard. Do we have to drag her through that?
>>
>>29660741
If this were a human woman I'd agree, but it's an indisputable fact that little pony pussies are perfect in every way and taste like heaven.
>>
>>29660734
>>29660781
well she tossed all her old stuff in the trash i think? so there's no reason we couldn't dig it out once shes asleep and see just what level of talent she actually has
>>
>>29660830
She clearly doesn't want us to see it. I don't think snooping in the trash is a good idea. It would betray her trust, and make her wonder if she can ever have any privacy. It sends the message of, "you can't have any secrets." She's our guest and dear friend, and we want her to feel comfortable.
>>
>>29660781
But do we actually know that her talent is painting houses? We've seen her do it in the show but that's probably just a job instead of a special talent. I mean seriously, how much skill does it take to paint a wall? Anyone can do it.

I'm in favour of checking out her art. Just because her work wasn't up to par by some art school's standards doesn't mean it's objectively bad. We've had some crazy paintings on earth.
>>
>>29661009
I'm agreeing with this we need to know, sure the writefag can screw us over for it if he wants but it would take like 15 seconds with minimal noise, her noticing would be extremely unlikely.
Is it invasive yes, but we have literally nothing else to work with.
>>
>>29661009
>>29661059
I guess you're right, we do need to know for sure. But I'd rather her show us willingly. Anon is her dear friend, I bet she probably would if asked nicely.
>>
>>29660723
Wait I thought she was an oc. I just assumed that was probably her talent.
>>
>>29662567

see >>29606862
>>
>>29661264
Or she will take it all out and hide it.
>>
>>29662719
If she's that insistent on keeping it from Anon, we ought to ask Honeywisp about it. Surely she could tell us if Coats really was a terrible artist or if she had hidden talent all along.
>>
>>29663069
I don't think she ever said she was terrible just not good enough.
>>
>>29659759
>Not wanting to make Coats feel worse, you decide to leave her alone.
>You should probably check if Pinkie is snooping around, Apple Bloom couldn't have been able to hold her for long.
"I'm gonna go outside to, uh, check on things. Thanks for taking care of the dishes."
>You slip outside, and it seems like any other day.
>Sun's a few hours from going down, and the street is what you'd expect for being at the edge of town -- empty.
>You take a look around the duplex and it seems that the coast is clear.
>Pinkie's not exactly the most subtle ponies, so you're satisfied with what you see.
>Kinda surprises you though, you had expected her to do some snooping so that she'd 'know what kinda of party to throw' or something.
>Well, when you put it in perspective now, you should probably hang outside just to make sure.
>Giving Coats some space might do well too.

>After a while, Coats sticks her head out the door.
>"Hey Anon. I'm, uh, gonna head to bed. I'm still pretty tired."
"Oh yeah, no problem. I changed the sheets and everything for you."
>"Thanks."
>A pause.
>"Uh, sorry for earlier and everything."
"Don't worry about it. I should be the one who's sorry if anything."
>Another pause.
>You think about it again, and Coats seems like she really wants to pull her weight.
>Perhaps getting her some things to do would help her out.
>A guage of her art skills would be nice too so you could ask her to do something in that realm.
>It's probably too early to ask her to show you her art though.
>There is a possibility of checking what she threw away, but it makes you feel a bit dirty, and not just physically.
>Coats speaks up again.
>"Yeah. Well, good night Anon."
"G'night."
>She disappears back inside.
>>
>>29663545
Spend another couple of minutes watching for pinkie and then we may as well go to bed to.
>>
>>29663589
Yeah, let Coats get settled in peace.

I don't wanna dig in the trash; I'd rather her show us her art. But I'll probably get outvoted.
>>
>>29660741
>Not wanting the delicious marepuss

What are u gay
>>
>>29663913
I understand why you want to get permission but seeing it is to important.
>>
>>29663913
Agree. I'm sure we could convince Coats to show the art. Shouldn't need to go behind her back.
>>
Fuck, I'm already caught up.

Anyway, I vote look through trash. I know it's sneaky, but she is not in a position to show us her work and asking is not a good idea. Plus, it'll be extremely awkward if she shows us and it's actually shit.
>>
>>29665260
Yeah asking would be nice but if we do and she denys us she will probably shred it
>>
File: 1488791771985.png (265KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488791771985.png
265KB, 1024x1024px
>>29665462
A little peak couldn't hurt, r-right?
>>
File: fresh_coat.png (308KB, 630x538px) Image search: [Google]
fresh_coat.png
308KB, 630x538px
Cute!
>>
>>29663545
>Going behind Coats' back to look at her drawings would be all sorts of wrong.
>You really don't want to betray Coats' trust, and you want to make sure she's comfortable and happy.
>Looking at her stuff without permission completely undermines that.
>You sigh to yourself.
>Nothing left to do outside, you head in.
>The dishes and cookware are drying, and Coats has already made her way into the bedroom.
>Coats' box is next to the couch, art supplies repacked in.
>Funnily enough, the game boxed from earlier are still sitting on the floor by the closet.
>You go and take care of that, but not without craning your neck to try to spy her drawings inside the recycling bin.
>You don't get a good view of anything, and you reprimand yourself for curiosity.
>Not much to do, you resign yourself to the couch.
>What should be your plans for tomorrow?
>Maybe something to do with Cafe Hay like you debated doing today?
>You could even invite Pinkie to breakfast with the two of you since Coats didn't necessarily say no to meeting her.
>Maybe walking around, tour the town with Coats?
>Probably not considering how Coats doesn't exactly want to be around many others right now.
>Could a picnic work, somewhere nice just outside the town?
>Yeah, that'd be nice, but you can think about that more later.
>...
>>
>>29666972
>So what if you find out Coats is actually good or bad at drawing?
>It's not like you can go up to her with that knowledge and have her be unsuspecting.
>Still, it'd be nice to know, and it can't hurt if she doesn't find out, r-right?
>She has to be asleep by now.
>Plain view doctrine?
>You're doing it for her sake, and more information only helps.
>You get off the couch, swearing to take only a tiny peek.
>You sneak your way to the garbage can, and you can feel yourself regretting this already.
>You stand over the recycling bin and take a look.
>Plain view doctrine.
>Yep.
>That's how you're gonna rationalize this.
>Without touching anything, you can see quite a few sketches now that you have a clear view.
>You're not an artist and you don't exactly have an eye for things like this, but what you can see she's actually really good.
>Paint be damned, she handles herself well enough with pencil it seems.
>There's a sketch of a building with good perspective, some ponies with good anatomy.
>A sketch of a human?
>Interesting.
>You see some writing peeking out as well.
>"I'm really sorr"
>"don't b"
>"for m"
>"any"
>"m"
>>
>>29666978
Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck this better not be what I think it is. Make sure pone is asleep, then plain view doctrine be damned
>>
File: 1480041806471.png (706KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480041806471.png
706KB, 1280x720px
>>29666978
>indecision
>>
>>29666978
Only take the writing, quickly. Read it outside.
>>
>>29667171
To be fair, it was pretty accurate to the thread
>>
>>29666978
Crusader for "don't look" here.

...Now we have to see.
>>
>>29666978
>>29667153
>>29667257
Fuck, pone was asleep earlier we can't guarantee she's gone right back to sleep, we need to read that for sure but we do have time on our side don't rush
>>
>>29667682
Because you know the moment we go to investigate she will leave her room for some water and catch us.
>>
>>29668106
Maybe. But the point is, we have to be as careful as possible.
>>
While Anon here admits he's no expert the other important detail here is Coat's apparently has artistic talent.

I'm restating my request we have her make Anon a sign or banner for his business, we can't dump her on painting houses if she has skill and enjoys art
>>
>>29668459
"Coat's"? What?
>>
>>29668459
Liking the banner idea.
>>
>>29666978
read it.
>>
>>29667265
Indeed
>>
>>29666978
wonder if maybe horse standards are harder then human standards.
>>
>>29666978
Consider that she never really said she was bad just discouraged by the level of natural talent of her peers.
>>
>>29668807
I guess a likely talent for painting houses rubs off some very basic art skills.
>>
File: 1476502974901.png (239KB, 338x470px) Image search: [Google]
1476502974901.png
239KB, 338x470px
Bumpo
>>
>>29668789
don't they paint with their mouths? I'd say their standards are probably worse
>>
>>29669591
Cheerilee seems to have no trouble writing with her mouth on the chalkboard every day.
>>
>>29666978
>You really hope this isn't what you think it is.
>You lean over into the hallway, trying to spy into the bedroom.
>Can't see much.
>You listen carefully, and you can't really hear anything going on.
>This could be something important, and it is in plain view.
>Plain view doctine, yep.
>As quickly and as quietly as possible, you grab the writing and take it outside.
>Silently shutting the door behind you, you lean against the wall and read in the dimming light.
>"I'm really sorry for all I’ve done. Please
>don't be mad or sad. Things are too much
>for me to handle. I'm a waste of space
>anyway. I'm sorry for everything. Forgive
>me please."
>>
>>29670506
Quit standing around, go find her!
>>
>>29670506
Hm guess she was going to kill herself at one point.
I think it would be a really bad idea to involve pinkie right now.
>>
>>29670506
holy shit, go find her asap
>>
>>29670653
Oh, that makes more sense. I was thinking she was planning on anon finding the note in the trash and then killing herself... It makes more sense to assume that she is no longer going to kill herself.

Ignore
>>29670553

...but do go check on her.
>>
>>29670506
I want to hug the mare, but we still need to be subtle about this.
>>
>>29670977
She can't know that we know. But it does seem she really is appreciative, seeing as she is still alive. And it does explain why she wants to be helpful so badly.
>>
>>29670506
Honestly, approaching her is a bad idea. Sure, make sure to check up on her to see if she's still alive, but it's apparent that she's feeling useless and helpless *specifically because we're coddling her so much*. I say give her a job, giver her a sense of purpose and independence, and make sure you don't become a helicopter parent.

TL;DR let the pony sleep and give her a job
>>
>>29671327
Anon isn't coddling her. The whole plan was to let her look for a job. He even mentioned that she could find house-painting work. The move-in is not permanent.

But you're right about her needing to become independent. She needs friends of her own that she can talk to about things she can't really express to Anon.
>>
>>29671327
If anon likes her as he claims then he can give her a reason to go on.
Even if it's just to distract her from her depression.
>>
>>29671414
Kinda looks like he already gave her a reason to go on. She threw away her suicide note.

But that doesn't mean he should baby her forever. The reason he chose not to start a romantic relationship with her was so that she could learn to be herself first.
>>
>>29659533

Her nose looks like Squidwards, just erected.
>>
>>29671373
I'm thinking, making friends with local artists might help her regain confidence in her own art.
>>
File: 1469317362558.jpg (6KB, 250x203px) Image search: [Google]
1469317362558.jpg
6KB, 250x203px
>>29670506
What a sad pone. Had a feeling she was depressed and that note seems to kinda confirm things.

I'd certainly go find her and make sure she's alright. Don't have to tell her about the stuff you saw, but at least make sure nothing is amiss.

She also could have left the stuff out so that Anon would find it. Perhaps a "cry for help" as they call it?
>>
Suicide bump
>>
>>29670506
Sleep close to her tonight.
>>
>>29670506
While this sounds a bit edge lord special, I'm not sure it's a suicide note. It could be a letter tying to explain her dropping out. Store this info away but lets not treat her differently until we have more evidence though depression is possible
>>
>>29672336
It seems pretty clear that she's depressed, at least. She knows Anon is there for her, though, and since she's so concerned about feeling useful, helping her find a job might lift her spirits.

Also, Pinkie's party will help. Maybe she can make a friend there, too.

I say, tomorrow we start looking for odd jobs for her. We should probably tell Zecora about this too, so she knows we might have obligations to attend to in case Coats has some kind of emergency or panic attack. That is, we tell her we are helping a friend - we leave out the part about her depression. I'm sure she'd be lenient about that kind of thing.

Then, we sneak a word to Pinkie to plan a party at Sugarcube Corner for Coats for after we're done searching.
>>
>>29672746
No partys yet.
And if there is anybody we can be honest with it is Zecora.
>>
>>29672832
I think by tomorrow, she may be ready for a party. But I suppose we should see how she is feeling first.

I'm hoping this writefriend can rhyme.
>>
>>29673513
>>
>>29670506
Confront her with the note. Be assertive
then insert dick
>>
>>29674926
What good would showing her the note do? We already could tell that she was feeling down.
>>
>>29675285
Not showing her the note, confront. like if your father finds your porno mags, hes not going to just show them to you, hes gonna be assertive, make you feel guilty for thinking that way.
>>
>>29675307
She already feels guilty. I don't know what there is to confront her about - she knows she dropped out of school, she knows she sucks at art (even if she might not), and she knows we're here to help her get back on her hooves. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.
>>
File: 85 percent sure.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
85 percent sure.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>29674926
>>29675307
>>
>>29675307
Why would dad have a problem with your porn
unless you have really fucking shit taste or something.
>>
File: 1449972658829.png (66KB, 205x205px) Image search: [Google]
1449972658829.png
66KB, 205x205px
>>29670506
It's a shame that there isn't any guns in equestria, she could have fulfilled her cutie mark by painting the walls red.
>>
File: images4K48UGCE.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images4K48UGCE.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>29676665
Damnit carlos
>>
File: 1488760631416.png (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1488760631416.png
1MB, 1500x1000px
>>29676665
>>
Paint me like one of your mares, Coats.
>>
>>29676665
>Coats as a hitmare
I'm alright with this.
>>
>>29678099
Time to steer the green in a new direction.
>>
>>29678111
"Why kill yourself when you can kill other people for money?" -Coats
>>
>>29677953
how did such a small frame lay such a large egg?
>>
>>29678847
> How do shapeshifters fit stuff in their body?
>>
>>29670506
Its fucking thursday fucking continue the damn green
>>
File: 1475242665664.jpg (2MB, 4000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1475242665664.jpg
2MB, 4000x2250px
Random horse bump
>>
>>29670506
>Well this is... disconcerting.
>And that's to say the least.
>While you knew Coats was down, this is much more serious.
>She must've been truly and severely depressed to consider writing a suicide note.
>How long did she feel like this?
>How close was she actually to pulling something off?
>Regardless, you certainly hope she doesn't feel this way anymore.
>An urge to hug Coats tightly, to make her feel loved and cared for -- it overwhelms you.
>You quickly get back in the apartment to check up on Coats and make sure she's okay.
>Her being alone has you on edge, and the thought of leaving her alone in the future makes you extremely uneasy.
>You do have to be subtle though; you did go behind Coats' back with all this.
>You peek into the bedroom, and Coats is there, sleeping peacefully, her chest rising and falling slowly.
>You let out a sigh of relief.
>She's safe and sound for now.
>Still, the fact that she'd write something like this deeply unsettles you.
>You're going to have to keep an eye out for her, and very discreetly too.
>Hovering over her constantly won't be for the best.
>Her wanting to help out and be useful, it's obvious she wants a sense of independence.
>As an extension, a sense of purpose will do her well too.
>Getting her a job would be perfect.
>Maybe confiding with Zecora as well?
>Anything to keep her from wanting to hurt herself really.
>In the end, you should probably treat her the same for now, especially in case you're overreacting to something that isn't what you think it is.
>Honestly though, coping with a possible suicide note from a close friend (possibly more) will take some time before you're going to be able to approach things so pragmatically.
>At least for now, you can be happy she's sleeping soundly and has found some comfort with you.
>>
>>29680729
>Still feeling uneasy about leaving her alone, you grab the blanket and pillow from the couch and spread them on the floor of the bedroom.
>You want to sleep at least somewhat close to her tonight.
>It's getting late now, and there's nothing much else to do, so you lay down on the blanket and rest your head.
>Some sleep will do you good.
>Well, you would go to sleep, but you can't stop your thoughts from running.
>Coats probably wanted to kill herself at one point.
>The pony who's one of your oldest friends, who's sleeping in the same room, staying with you in your apartment, who's admitted to having a crush on you, whom you've admitted to having the same feelings for, likely had plans to kill herself.
>Just thinking about everything and the gravity of the day gone by, you're barely able to drift off into an uneasy sleep.
>>
>>29680737
>Amidst fuzzy thoughts and vague feelings of worry, you slowly come back to the waking world.
>The floor wasn't exactly the most comfortable thing you've ever slept on, but you managed.
>You sit up to fix your back and situate yourself.
>Nothing in the room has really changed since last night.
>You look to the bed, and it's empty, sheets neatly made.
>With Coats out of sight, you're a bit more nervous than you'd like to admit.
>You calm yourself, knowing that Coats can handle herself, especially since she has you now.
>She didn't instantly run off when you got groceries yesterday, so why would she now?
>With a little bit of sleep, restless sleep but sleep nevertheless, you feel much more capable of thought.
>Sitting on the blanket, you reflect on what to do for Coats.
>Remembering from last night, helping her find a job or talking to Zecora would probably be your best bets.
>A party from Pinkie might not be what Coats wants, but perhaps what she needs -- to feel welcomed and cared for by many others.
>Maybe making some friends through that would be nothing but good for her as well.
>Whatever you decide, it'd probably be best to start on that as soon as possible, or as soon Coats will allow it.
>For now though, breakfast and making sure Coats is okay is on your mind.
>Heaving yourself to your feet, you grab the blanket and pillow and walk out of the bedroom.
>Coats is sitting on the couch, flipping through one of her sketchbooks.
>She notices you and looks up.
>"Hey."
"Hey."
>>
>>29680742
Something tells me she knows
>>
File: 1485713670292.png (292KB, 803x711px) Image search: [Google]
1485713670292.png
292KB, 803x711px
>>29680760
>>
>>29680760
We can't let her know we know she knows we know.
>>
File: 1489515721065.png (303KB, 1519x805px) Image search: [Google]
1489515721065.png
303KB, 1519x805px
>>29680760
>>
>>29680742
Ask her if she slept well, and offer breakfast. She might offer to help or do it herself, and let her do so if she does.

Oh, and ask about the sketches in her book. Maybe she'll let Anon see them.

We can look for jobs once we're properly awake.
>>
>>29680742
Ask her if she slept well.
>>
>>29681925
Oh also
No party
Take her to see zecora
>>
>>29681934
Seeing a zigger will only make her want to kill herself faster
>>
>>29680742
I'm sorry but that sleeping on the floor shit was fucking dumb, now Anon looks like some kinda weirdo who couldn't get the nerve up to actually join her on the bed, but still crept around her while she slept.

First things first apologize to pone for being a creepy shit
>>
>>29682172
She does not know we checked on her.
don't do any of this.
>>
>>29682301
Sure she does. If some guy slept on the floor next to your bed, I'm pretty fucking certain you would notice it.
>>
>>29682301
We slept on the floor next to her, how the fuck is she not going to notice that?

Like "oh hi Anon I noticed you just woke up in the room I was in, after you said you'd sleep on the couch that I'm already sitting on ... "

Anon has made a huge cock up here and honestly there is no good why to explain this away
>>
>>29682337
Oh I thought we were in the living room for some reason silly me.
still do not do it.
>>
>>29682345
It seems that either way we are going to spill our spaghetti. Hard.
>>
File: 1430431004495.png (110KB, 304x352px) Image search: [Google]
1430431004495.png
110KB, 304x352px
>>29682172
It's not about not having the guts to get on the bed. Anon couldn't get on the bed because he said he wasn't going to start a relationship with Coats. That would be reeaaaallly confusing to her if he got on the bed. But he still wanted to make sure she was okay.

Though she still has to suspect something is up since he wasn't on the couch. I'm sure she'll bring it up... I'm not sure if there is anything that wouldn't either A) give it away that he peeked at the note or B) give the impression that he's trying to act on his feelings for her but doesn't have the guts to go all in.

...I think we have to tell her that we peeked if she asks. Any lie we tell her would yield a worse outcome.
>>
>>29682386
>...I think we have to tell her that we peeked if she asks. Any lie we tell her would yield a worse outcome.
agreed.
very much only if she asks though if she stays quiet we stay quiet.
>>
>>29682399
I should clarify I say this for the fact lies would spiral out of control.
>>
>>29682386
>>29682399
We are already going over the cliff why not mash the gas pedal?

Tell her we saw the note in the trash -truth
We fucking panicked and read it -truth
Then we really worried cause in humanland that sort of note is serious biz - kinda truth
We want her to be safe we care about her a lot and we kinda ended up on the floor -truth

Balls in her court then, I mean fuck it what is she going to do? Get angry at us not trust us ?
She already is distant and seems disaffected with us, I say go balls deep
>>
>>29682476
Why tell her if she does not ask about it that's a terrible idea.
>>
>>29682525
Because how do we explain sleeping on her bedroom floor Sherlock? We can't ignore the elephant in the room forever
>>
>>29682572
If she does not ask do not bring it up.
>>
>>29682476
yes this. Balls to the walls
>>
>>29682476
>kinda truth
What's "kinda" true about that? That's completely true.

I think you're right though. You have swayed me. I say we give her the chance to bring up the topic of anon in her room, but if she doesn't, we bring it up.

Because, what if she never brings it up? She'd probably assume that we were being creepy.

We gotta do it the Applejack way now.
>>
File: 136085638678.gif (130KB, 240x235px) Image search: [Google]
136085638678.gif
130KB, 240x235px
>>29682619
>applejack way
>>
>>29682619
>Applejack way
lying constantly and then spending 2 sessions retconing how often we lie?
>>
File: 1480029513379.gif (3MB, 377x479px) Image search: [Google]
1480029513379.gif
3MB, 377x479px
>>29682730
>>29682742
>>
>>29681934
This
>>29681972
Fuck you.

Seriously, I think Zecora would be a good start. She's weird by Pony standards and is nothing but helpful and generous, in the show at least. Her weirdness is a plus here since it means Coats will have to actively participate to keep up with her, and any sort of effort from a depressed person can get them in the right mindset.

>>29682476
>I mean what the fuck is she going to do?
Feel guilty that we got so worked up and worried over her.

A depressive person won't think "Aw, that's so sweet of you to care so much." They think "I'm not worth caring about."

This is too soon to her possible attempted suicide to go full truth, especially since the drawing of the human in her notes hints that she was thinking about us as she was considering it.

Wait until she has at least a few more silver linings in her life besides your support.

That being said,
>>29682386
Has a point. If she asks, or even hints that she knows, tell her we saw the note. Don't express concern though. Instead, empathize with her.

Are we the only human in equestria? Because if so, we should be able to relate to feeling alone and feeling like a failure. Caring and coddling are necessary, but it can do wonders to know that someone you care about and respect can actually understand how you feel.
>>
>>29682837
But what if she doesn't say anything about it? Since she is depressed, she'd only assume the worst. Well, whatever "the worst" is to her.

Empathy is the way to go, but I don't know if we can say that we have felt the same way. Anon's experience and Coats' experience are not the same. To say "I've been there" when you haven't cheapens the sentiment. We have some understanding, though, and we should continue to show that we do understand and care.
>>
>>29682906
I never said the same way, I meant similar. Of course we don't know exactly how she feels, I never meant to imply that.

>To say "I've been there" when you haven't cheapens the sentiment,

Which is why I've asked if we've been there or not. Being the only thing of your entire race in a world can't make for a sunshine and rainbows background.
>>
Bump me like one of your Glim threads, OP
>>
File: 1453964757999.jpg (210KB, 2148x1254px) Image search: [Google]
1453964757999.jpg
210KB, 2148x1254px
>>
File: C5jL8GyWMAADWRh.jpg-large.jpg (67KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
C5jL8GyWMAADWRh.jpg-large.jpg
67KB, 1600x900px
boopity
>>
This is really good stuff, I think I've found a new favorite pone
Also, are there any other greens on Coats? Haven't been able to find anything
>>
>>29687337
I doubt it. I hardly ever saw any art of her, despite how great her design is.

More unicorns in ball caps!
>>
>>29681972
Kek
>>
>>29682837
t. marqwonille l'washington
>>
>>29687337
Have some cute coat
>>
Bompers
>>
File: 1468592700897.png (96KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1468592700897.png
96KB, 512x512px
Miscellaneous horse bump
>>
Depressed Bump
>>
>>29687793
That *is* a cute coat.
>>
>>29690369
>>
>>29680742
cone on you slowpoke its saturday.
>>
>>29680598
>>29692129
Look, I'm sorry. I'm not the best writer, and it takes me a really long time just for me to write a single update with what feels like mediocre quality. It doesn't help that low self-esteem and depression kills my motivation to do anything either. Having obligations other than writing this makes things worse. I try my best to write something decent and update whenever I can, but it's rarely ever enough for me to be satisfied, and apparently you guys feel the same way. Writing this shit is stressful as fuck, but stopping this once started isn't something I want to do unless I have to.

I get it though. No one cares about the creator, and the product is the only thing that actually really matters in the end. No one cares if you struggled or felt like shit the whole way through, you either make something good or you don't. Feel free to drop the story or call me a faggot because of this.
>>
>>29692249
Don't listen to the faggots. Just write and have fun doing it. Besides, the faggots are just anxious cause they want more of it.
>>
>>29692249
Anon take as much time as you need most qms are depressive we know how to put up with it.
>>
>>29692249
That's not true anon. I love this green, I think you're doing great work. I've been bumping this really hard for days just to read your next post.

I was afraid that it was stressing you out. I really appreciate your struggle to deliver to your fans.

So don't listen to those guys. For every faggot telling you to hurry, there are 3 who have been quietly bumping your thread, can eagerly awaiting your next post.
>>
>>29692249
I like your green a lot. Everyone on 4chan acts like pricks, its the culture.If they didn't like your story, they wouldnt be asking for more. Getting insulted comes with the territory.

I like your writing and so does everyone else who comes to this thread. We'd just, you know, like a little more is all. A lot of people have dropped their green midway, more than the ones who finished it, id say. You dont owe anyone anything, anon.
>>
>>29692249
Fuck your depression, faggot, we care about you and your mental health. Put what you have in in a pastebin, take take a deep breath, and realize everyone would like more of what you've made. Yeah, it's a greentext on 4chan, but you have made people happy and invested. Not everyone can do that. Produce what you can when you can, no one can reasonably expect more.
And if you are suffering from clinical depression, consider getting getting it diagnosed and going on medication. It works wonders.
>>
>>29692249
It's ok anon, take your time.
>>
>>29606329>>29606329
Hey man, don't be down that might not have been able to make it in the infantry. I was injured in Fort Jackson, of all places. I healed up and I was fine afterwards, but remember that less than 1 percent of the U.S. population is even in the military. More than half of military age males are obese, and a lot of them are medically unable. Don't be depressed that you didn't make it. Being unable to be an 11b or 0311 or whatever you tried doesn't make you weak.
>>
pacient bump
>>
>>29605756
>>29608191
Fresh Coat would look amazing in an allgemeine getup
>>
File: 1441339985415-2.png (800KB, 1440x811px) Image search: [Google]
1441339985415-2.png
800KB, 1440x811px
Unknown horse bump
>>
>>29697425
Just who is that horse?
>>
>>29697748
Oh who is she?
A mystic melody?
A smiling face?
A warm embrace?
Oh who is she?
>>
>>29697819
>I monster
Didn't expect to see that tonight.
>>
>>29697425
Best dream horse.
>>
>>29697748
Isn't that Safe Haven?
>>
>>29694538
Thank you, even though I'm a leaf .

It still hurts. I wasn't proud when I released. People keep telling me that year in the military still looks good, but I'm still ashamed and would rather completely forget that year of my life. I'm trying to convince myself that trying to become a LEO will go better, but I think I know deep down that if some shitty rucksack marches broke me down, then what fucking hope would I have in law enforcement? I'm just a weak person who dreams too big for the kind of person I am, and will probably do security for shit pay for the rest of my life.

God damn it, I wish I could just fucking kill myself already
>>
File: safehaven.png (1MB, 1832x1708px) Image search: [Google]
safehaven.png
1MB, 1832x1708px
>>29697986
yes.
>>
File: scared.png (91KB, 244x207px) Image search: [Google]
scared.png
91KB, 244x207px
>>29698047
Anon please, your scaring me
we love you
>>
>>29698518
I'm too much of a fucking coward to go through with it, even if all it would take would be a plastic bag, a hose, and a tank of helium. I couldn't subject my parents to the grief, though. It's basically what stops me from doing it, even if literally nothing of value would be lost by doing it.

Some people are born losers. Don't feel bad for me.
>>
File: 1485610874690.jpg (335KB, 1575x2012px) Image search: [Google]
1485610874690.jpg
335KB, 1575x2012px
>>
>>29697425
Is that horse blind?
>>
>>29698587
Get on some antidepressants and try for LEO, anon. The worst that will happen is you have to try something else. But you will feel so much better.
>>
>>29699494
>Get on some antidepressants
>Try for LEO

I can choose only 1 of these options. I'm not depressed because depression isn't real. It'll pass, I just need to give it more time.
>>
>>29698587
although i dont approve of turning this into your personal hugbox, well, this is your thread. From reading your story it's clear youre a very sweet person. Maybe you could consider being an EMT? You could help people. Im being an armchair psychologist here, but maybe your focus on becoming infrantry (the most hardcore MOS short of special forces), and failing that, being a LEO, shows that you really do have some deep seated inferiority complex, and youve tried to conquer that by persuing this "tough guy" career and by failing, only reinforced your insecurities. Maybe you dont have to hurt people to be strong, Maybe you could help people. You could be someone's hero without ever having to do a pullup or fire a single shot. You seem really sweet. Think about it. Heroes come in lots of different forms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXoDtkliSgY
>>
>>29699508
depression is real, and you are depressed. Normal people without terminal illnesses dont contemplate suicide, they dont dwell on their failures so much, they dont have such low self esteem. You are depressed anon, trust me, I know what depression is. You dont necessarily need a pill to fix it. In my opinion most of the time depression is situational. Youre depressed because you feel like a failure. Get some accomplishments under your belt, and youll feel better. Bang some girls or something.
>>
>>29699701
No. Short term depression, as in the short-term feeling of intense sadness is a thing. I acknowledge that.

Depression as in the long-term mental disorder is not a real thing. It's an excuse to get doped up with pills that supposedly make you happy, or a self-diagnosed label to get sympathy and attention. I refuse to accept that label because that's not what I want. That's for losers. I'm already enough of a loser, I don't need to add more to it.

The "cure" is to get the fuck over it. I'll get the fuck over myself. It always comes in waves. Last night was just a really bad one. I just need to have some coffee, play some vidya, stop thinking about myself, and I'll be back to my regular, shitposting self. Just not thinking about it usually helps.

Now, your concern is appreciated, Anonymous poster on /mlp/, but we've already wasted enough space in this thread with our posts. Let's just forget all about this and return to normal.

>Bang some girls or something.
There we go, some jokes help make me feel better, too
>>
>>29699693
>although i dont approve of turning this into your personal hugbox,
You're right. This should end here, but I'll respect you for typing all that out by responding properly before closing this hugbox.
>well, this is your thread.
You're mistaken. I'm not OP.

It was so easy. The secret was to just not be a bitch. It's literally the dumbest fucking trade that anyone could do. Hell, guys our age got conscripted to do it during the last century, so it's made for literally everyone in mind. They were able to do it, so I should be able, too, right? The training is built specifically so the lowest common denominator could get it. How hard is it to not be a bitch and walk a few KMs with a heavy backpack on and do PT all the time? Too hard, apparently. It really shows you who the real men are, and where the weak shits fall. It's all just mind games.

But maybe there is still time to change. I'll get the fuck over this, then try again with a new career path. I just need to want it bad enough, just stop being a beta bitch. That was probably my problem before.

Okay, fuck. Done. No more. Back to the thread.
>>
Here we go ladies; now, back to the green.
>>
File: 4455863331.jpg (339KB, 1920x1210px) Image search: [Google]
4455863331.jpg
339KB, 1920x1210px
>>
>>29699957
ywn period all over rd... wait...
>>
File: 1442120485396-2.png (1015KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1442120485396-2.png
1015KB, 1600x1200px
Green Bump
>>
File: rarity_sleeping.gif (743KB, 295x256px) Image search: [Google]
rarity_sleeping.gif
743KB, 295x256px
We are approaching bump limit. I really hope OP still wants to finish and makes a new thread. Either way, it has been a lovely adventure with all of you.
>>
File: 1487262596463.jpg (33KB, 720x447px) Image search: [Google]
1487262596463.jpg
33KB, 720x447px
>>29680742
I really hope this isn't the last post, the green has been really great so far. If op wants to end it that's fine but fuck Ive become too invested into it now I mean at least provide some kind of resolution first
>>
>>29702740
>>29702971
I'm going to try to squeeze in one last update as soon as I can guys. Sorry for being so slow.
>>
File: 1488402694055.gif (831KB, 383x371px) Image search: [Google]
1488402694055.gif
831KB, 383x371px
>>29702991
Thank you! You've really gotten me attached to Coats. I'm looking forward to it.
>>
File: adsfasdfasdf.png (60KB, 339x401px) Image search: [Google]
adsfasdfasdf.png
60KB, 339x401px
>>29702991
it's all gud
>>
File: 1473887613776.gif (4MB, 622x350px) Image search: [Google]
1473887613776.gif
4MB, 622x350px
>>29702991
>>
>Walk to point A. Stretch. Yawn. Wait. 4chan. Wait. Repeat for five to fifteen hours.
>>
>>29680742
>The awkwardness of the situation hits you.
>Sleeping on the bedroom floor might not've been the best move.
>At the time, you wanted to stay close to Coats and make sure she was okay, but did it really accomplish anything?
>Since you weren't alerted by her getting up, you couldn't have stopped her from doing whatever she wanted.
>The proximity comforted you, but now it's apparent that it easily could've done the opposite for her.
>Well, the two of you are friends, so you hope that that makes it at least a little less weird.
>Still, you might've tipped something off you didn't want to, whatever that something is.
>Worse case is that she'd think you were a creep and that everything would be awkward from now on.
>The past is the past regardless, and you thought it was a good idea then.
>The only thing you can do is deal with the present -- the present being Coats looking to the floor with flattened ears.
>Wait, why is she sad?

"You slept well?"
>"Well enough, I guess."
>She closes her sketchbook and floats it over to the table.
>She taps her hooves together.
>"Sooo..."
>She avoids your eyes.
>"How was the, uh, floor?"
>Well shit.
>Yeah, she's thinking about it, and she's definitely uncomfortable.
>You scratch the back of your head.
"Yeah, about that."
>You're probably going to have to set things straight unless you want to let her imagination run wild.
>Lies will only make things worse, so you're pretty much forced to tell her the truth.
>You know, tell her how you looked through her stuff without permission and betrayed her trust and everything.
>So much for being discreet.
>>
>>29705547
>You're gonna need to tell her about the note, but saying that it got you worked up will probably make her feel worse.
>You think carefully about your wording.
"I... I found your note in the recycling bin."
>Amazing, totally smooth start Anon.
"Having read it, I just wanted to stay a little closer to you, you know? Be there for you and make sure you were okay."
>"I see."
>Coats visibly deflates, head hanging low and ears floppy.
>She sighs.
>"I'm sorry Anon."
>...
>Wait, what?
>Did she just apologize to you?
>If anything, you should be the one apologizing for going through her stuff.
>Well this certainly took caught you off guard.
>You raise an eyebrow, unsure of what's going on in her head.
"What do you mean you're sorry?"
>"I'm sorry for making you worried about me."
>You walk over to her and drop what you're holding onto the floor.
"Hey woah now, don't worry about me being worried, I care about you and want to make sure you're okay."
>You plop down next to her on the couch, and she continues to avoid your eyes.
>"I should've told you about note in the first place too. I was afraid it'd make you more worried than you already were at the time, but I was hiding something from you. Lying by omission. You found out anyways and you probably hate me for lying to you."
"Pfff. Coats, you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to. And no, I don't hate you. I never would. You need to stop saying and thinking things like that."
>"I still should've told you. You deserved to know about it if I was going to stay with you. It's part of why I dropped out. Honeywisp said that there's bigger things to worry about than university when I felt like this."
"Well, this stuff really is serious."
>She's dejected, but surprisingly composed.
>If it were yesterday, you'd think she'd be in tears.
>Maybe all your reassurance is going somewhere?
>Considering her situation, however, she deserves to let a few tears and be emotional if she wanted to.
>>
>>29705566
"It's okay Coats. It's a touchy subject, and I understand why you wouldn't want to tell me."
>"I even lied to Honeywisp, saying that I already told you everything."
"Shh, don't worry about it. She'd understand too."
>She drops her head in her hooves.
>She's been doing that much too often, and every time she does so, it hurts.
>You can count less times that she's laughed.
"Hey, I have to apologize to you too. I went behind your back and looked at your stuff without asking. I should've respected your privacy."
>"You just wanted to know, it's your right."
"That doesn't matter. I want you to feel safe to be yourself, and you deserve respect. Nothing less than that is okay."
>The two of you sit for a while more, your presence itself reassuring her.
>"I'm sorry Anon."
"You don't have to be sorry Coats. I forgive you though, if it makes you feel any better."
>She picks up her head but resumes looking at the ground.
>You grab her by the withers and shake her a bit.
"From now on, both of us are gonna be straightforward with each other. Deal?"
>She finally looks to you and nods.
>"Deal."
>She wraps her arms around you, and you return the hug.

Okay, that's gonna be it for this thread. Dunno when I'll pick it back up, hopefully soon. I'll tag the next thread with CYOA next time since that's how a lot of people are considering this. Just watch your filters since I remember some saying they don't usually follow these types of stories. If anyone has any comments or suggestions, want to see more X or less Y, please feel free to share. Critiques are much appreciated as well.
>>
File: 1487927423928.jpg (36KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487927423928.jpg
36KB, 800x600px
>>29705572
Everything went better than expected
>>
>>29705572
Remember to post the new thread in here
>>
>>29705572
Coats is pretty reasonable, even when she's being self-depreciative. And she's pretty consistent, too - sometimes she surprises me, but her responses always make sense. You've made a pretty strong character, writefriend.

Critique... I'm not a writer, but this is what I enjoy as a reader, so take this as you will:

I really like how you go through Anon's thoughts. Despite that we are influencing his decisions, he is his own character. It also helps drive the story by giving us readers an idea of what to talk about.

Like I said before, I really like Fresh Coat. She is a very real character. Don't change a thing there.

The only suggestion I'd have is to be a little more clear on everyone's position and movements. Human-pony interactions aren't really very natural, since we don't see it in the show or in real life, so a little more detail on that might help.

Thank you so much for this green. I've really enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to the next thread. Take all the time you need.
>>
File: taco.png (371KB, 922x867px) Image search: [Google]
taco.png
371KB, 922x867px
>>29705572
Gracias, amigo. Taco Tuesday is coming early this week.
>>
riparooni page ten
>>
>>29708617
We're almost at bump limit anyway, and writefriend said he'd make a new thread when he's ready with the next part.

You may let Coats rest.
>>
>>29604673
Fresh Coat just looks so casual and chill, like you could could just have a nice conversation without worrying about sexual tension or trigger warnings. Not like Dress Horse where talking to her is like navigating a minefield.
>>
new thread when
>>
File: 1469935734751.gif (790KB, 286x394px) Image search: [Google]
1469935734751.gif
790KB, 286x394px
>>29705572
Really enjoyed reading through this part, hope you continue with it.
>>
>>29705572
Ask her to come for a walk with you I understand you will not want to talk to many people right now but we think meeting Zecroa would be a good idea.
Thread posts: 484
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.