[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are people's standards so low these days that they see a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 15

File: dev.png (125KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
dev.png
125KB, 500x282px
Are people's standards so low these days that they see a mediocre amateur ATTEMPT at character development and claim it as great character development?..
>>
Yes.
>>
Are OP's standards so high these days that he sees great character development as a mediocre attempt at character development?
>>
>>29602313
>i am a brony
>i hate everything about the show

please leave
>>
I don't think anybody here thinks that Discord became better over time.
>>
File: Boss.png (56KB, 1728x1716px) Image search: [Google]
Boss.png
56KB, 1728x1716px
Cartoonnetwork allowing every talentless hack to pander to the new social agenda has pretty much killed the animation industry.
>>
Hi "everything post s1 was shit"fag,
>>
>>29602323
I don't hate everything about the show. In fact, I found Discord's later episodes to be quite enjoyable. But this was just stupid.
>>
Are people's standards so low these days that they see a mediocre amateur ATTEMPT at character development and claim it as great character development?..
>>
>>29602317
fpbp
>>
>>29602336
Fags* corrected it 4 U
>>
>>29602354
now wut does that mean?
>>
File: 1344055874247.png (58KB, 908x869px) Image search: [Google]
1344055874247.png
58KB, 908x869px
>>29602339
Discord's reformation should've been the season two-part opener. One episode is too short to pull it off in a believable way.
>"I will never give up chaos and evil LOL!"
>"Disregard that, I changed my mind. GG FS."
>>
>>29602313
Post season 4 finale, Discord should've pulled an golden amazo and disappear forever from the show. His purpose literally ends there.
>>
>>29602680
>says that he loves chaos THE MOST
>actually reform for Fluttershy
>behave in S4 premiere for Fluttershy
>attempt to catch Tirek for Fluttershy
>makes fool out of himself at the Gala and threaten Tree Hugger, Mane5 and Princess Celestia for Fluttershy
>Only goes to Big Mac and Spike because Fluttershy told him so
>risk his self preservence for Fluttershy even though he's an egoistic narcisst

I think "Falling in love" might be an actual plot device that was used in his reformation arc. And it make sense.
>>
File: you-faggot.jpg (11KB, 432x719px) Image search: [Google]
you-faggot.jpg
11KB, 432x719px
>>29603070
>He serves a purpose beyond season 4
Fuck you, you retarded mongoloid! The moment he gives Twilight her key to open the harmony box his importance to the series ends.
>>
>>29603070
Fluttercord cancer, pls go
>>29602880
>>29603097
>importance to the series
what the fuck is this?
"the series" is a slice-of-life literally consisting of fillers and two two-parters a season. at that rate, the only character who has some "importance" is Glimglam
>>
File: autism.gif (782KB, 636x360px) Image search: [Google]
autism.gif
782KB, 636x360px
>>29603126
>I'm a neo-mlp faggot who hasn't watched a season beyond 5 & 6
go ahead and kill yourself
>>
File: deep satire.png (74KB, 601x173px) Image search: [Google]
deep satire.png
74KB, 601x173px
>>29603148
>I say discord doesn't do shit in season 5 and 6
>his importance to the series has ended he should've disappeared

>somebody says mane six don't do shit in season 5 and 6
>that faggot clearly didn't watch anything besides these two!

Double standards are double standards.
>>
>>29603097
His purpose in this series is to give Fluttershy a love interest and make an offspring that plays a role in G5 when they finish with FiM.
>>
>>29603176
nice b8
>>
>>29603170
This is a new level of autism ↑

How about you watch the show before puking your diarrhea all over /mlp/
>>
>>29603211
are you trying to b8 me, too? you're not answering to anything directly, but instead speak in very general insults. I suggest you find yourself on the pyramide.
>>
File: t_Josh_Haber_.png (204KB, 507x640px) Image search: [Google]
t_Josh_Haber_.png
204KB, 507x640px
>>29603227
>You're not discussing the show, in which I have never watched
>>
>>29602651
It means you should lurk moar.
>>
File: 1458270575247.gif (776KB, 514x667px) Image search: [Google]
1458270575247.gif
776KB, 514x667px
>>29603227
>Leaving out the smug anime reaction tier
>>
>>29603249
>>29603227
>>
>>29603273
My counter argument is to supply someone with buzzwords!

Heh. Ok.
>>
>>29603289
>>29603227
>>
>>29602313
It was still the biggest development on the show. Like Dash is still a cunt and AJ is still all about Apples, At least his reformation wasn't as instant as Glimmers and Sunsets, Entire S4 was his actual attempt at refomring. S3 episode was just a hook up bait. Fluttershy's ass Vs Chaos as a virgin. It sparked his interest and considered playing nice for a while.
>>
>>29603328
>Entire S4 was his actual attempt at refomring. S3 episode was just a hook up bait.
No.

He reformed, relapsed, then reformed again. Past the point of giving Twilight her key, he's no longer needed in the show.
>>
File: koala.jpg (171KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
koala.jpg
171KB, 750x563px
>>29603328
>Entire S4 was his actual attempt at refomring.
Not really. It was a mess.
McCarthy did try to write a compelling arc for him, but at the end she simply showed she had no idea what the fuck she was doing. The Discord episodes from S4 weren't necessarily terrible by themselves, but the way they were connected sure was.
>Three's A Crowd: Discord questions ponies' friendship, ruins Twilight's day and acts like an asshole to get proof that she indeed considers him a friend; Twilight still does something nice for him, and he gets his proof and his comeuppance as well
>Twilight's Kingdom: Discord questions ponies' friendship, betrays them an acts like an asshole because he doesn't believe that they indeed consider him a friend; he gets his comeuppance, but then Twilight does something nice for him, and he gets his proof and now he truly believes in friendship
This is not proper development, this is doing the same fucking thing twice (except with more DRAMA the second time). That's why I'm baffled when I see anyone saying this was great character development.
>>
>>29602313
He was the ugliest, most retarded Hasbro mandate I have ever seen.

I wish he would have been left dead back in season 2.
>>
>>29602313
seeing what hasbro jews are pushing onto the writers, I'd say they make a decent job.
>>
>>29603906
>the ugliest
Newfag please just because you can't jerk off to him doesn't mean nobody can
>>
>>29603478
>because he doesn't believe that they indeed consider him a friend
Completely wrong. He betrayed them because Tirek convinced him there was more to life than being Celestia's errand boy. It had nothing to do with him doubting the M^'s friendship. Just that their friendship wasn't a good as chaos and having a centaur bro.
>>
>>29602504
Your make believe friends don't count as people.
>>
>>29605725
>Celestia errand boy
You do realize you're contradicting yourself right? If Discord believed ponies care about him as a friend, he wouldn't consider himself Celestia's errand boy.
>>
File: 468486.png (1MB, 1121x1024px) Image search: [Google]
468486.png
1MB, 1121x1024px
>>29603478
Discord thought that he could replace Fluttershy with Tirek because he's bisexual. But now he understand that Fluttershy is more important than all magic in Equestria. And now he will try to marry her.
>>
>>29606077
No that just means Discord wanted more out of life. Being the delivery boy at your family restaurant doesn't mean your family hates you.
>>
>>29607402
Once again, Tirek's logic went like that: they don't care about you > your friendship gives you nothing > you're just their errand boy > you have to join the dark side

And even if Discord's friends caring about him didn't really matter when he was making that decision, that makes the writing even worse. Twilight's sacrifice is supposed to be what convinces Discord that his friends do, in fact, care about him, and to truly reform him. If he was convinced before, than it just makes no sense.
>>
>everyone watched the same show
>everyone has the exact same knowledge at their disposal
>despite this, there are many different conclusions
This implies not a differentiation in understanding, but in motive and intent.

And yet, no one calls anyone else out on this, or acknowledges this. But they are fully aware of the previous.

This implies a desire for compensation and relief that one is too inadequate to acquire elsewhere.
>>
File: 137730_0129-970x545.jpg (170KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
137730_0129-970x545.jpg
170KB, 970x545px
>>29609618
Tell me, what the hell is their problem that they appreciate their characters being so dumb and obnoxious that they're willing not only to ignore everything and fester in their greentext fantasy bullshit, but to keep defending it and going against logic and common sense?

Tell me your secrets little anime girl. I can't stand this reality anymore. Everyone is sick of the animation industry and degenerate culture not even because they have to do work in order to improve, but because everyone is bastadizing the characters and thinking it's funny and "progressive"(ironically its degenerate, the opposite of it).
>>
>>29609982
People will put a lot of work into getting very little when they lose faith in the prospect of getting anything more meaningful. This is the standard now.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.