[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you guys ever watched the show in a high refresh rate? My

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Rainbow_Dash_being_smug_S4E04.png (632KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow_Dash_being_smug_S4E04.png
632KB, 1280x720px
Have you guys ever watched the show in a high refresh rate? My TV is a 120hz with a 'perfect motion rate' setting. Makes it look extremely fluid looking, not sure I like it.
>>
Goddamn it OP, now I'll have to buy one. Need to enjoy magic horse show in maximum quality.

Any anons have OLED TVs?
>>
>>29599711
I have and I concur, it's extremely weird to see the show being so fluid when you're used with its original speed.
>>
>>29599711
I got a 51" 3D TV. Nothing compares to 3D ponut
>>
>show made at 24 fps
>put it on a screen with a higher rate
How does this work?
>>
>>29599767
My guess is that the modern TVs have a bultin interpolation setting, that's why it looks so fluid.
>>
>>29599767

friendship and magic
>>
OP here, TV is also 55 inch and 4k with upscaling, it's a Philips and only $398 at Walmart. I think it's OLED, if not, it's blacks are extremely black for a non OLED.
>>
>>29599767
it doesnt, OP is full of shit.
>>
>>29599728
Just get a VLC plugin that interpolates frames to match your monitor's refresh rate.
>>
>>29599824

I'm not tho senpai
>>
there is a way to do it in normal pc monitors.
You need an avi-synth script to do it.
The script would force the video to be played in 60 fps instead of 24 by changing the way frames interpolate in on the screen. making it run much smoother.
- I don't have the links right now cause I haven't used that 5 years ago.

And if I remember correctly there was a Project called C-project or something like that. its a program done by german developer team that does everything for you. you just install it and run it. and the Task-program would convert the videos for you. it can even change online video's play rate.

I'm using phone atm cannot search for it properly but I'm pretty you'll find it easily with a quick google search.
>>
>>29599711
It's not just pone. Everything looks weird with fluid motion interpolation.

>>29599804
I don't think u know what oled is. Cheapest oled tv I've seen is 2g. And they are only from Samsung and LG.
>>
File: 2017-03-02 22-10-21.webm (3MB, 942x662px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-02 22-10-21.webm
3MB, 942x662px
I use SVP (Smooth Video Project) to watch MLP at 144fps on my ASUS VG248, it looks kind of weird of course since a computer algorithm but it's pretty good as long as the background isn't moving too much and is too different, or else you get the terrible shit you see here. Whenever the backround is still-ish it looks great.
>>
>>29599985
>>29600107
that's the project that I mentioned.
they changed its name from C-project to SVP.

and now they went jews on us asking for premuim membership and shit.

the free version still works but with very limited features.
>>
>>29599711
Interpolating up from 24 fps sources sucks for most live action shows and some cartoons. Some details of movement occur faster than 1/24 of a second. Flubbing them by "filling in" approximated frames (what interpolation does) looks like shit. You end up with fake-looking action scenes (where lots of objects move fast and change direction quickly) and a general appearance of things being filmed on a home video camera (Google "soap opera effect interpolation").
>>
>>29599711
If your TV has one of those Frame Interpolation settings, don't use it, it's a gimmick. Sure, sometimes the motion is smoothed out, but if the motion is too complex or too fast, it becomes even choppier than normal and ghosts the fuck out of the screen.
>>
>>29599711
You shouldn't. Ut looks weird and it creates frames out of nowhere
>>
Ahem.

https://youtu.be/bc25SG294EE
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.