[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I still don't understand the appeal of this episode. I also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

I still don't understand the appeal of this episode. I also don't understand how we got so many fanboys to turn on season 1 and start enjoying season 2's Happy Tree Friends style. Season 1 never promoted this Steven Universe type of writing style.
>>
>>29593704
Party of One
>>
>>29593724
It only had like 3 minutes of crazy Pinkie Pie and even then it was handled with a different style.
>>
File: Please_Don't_Punish_Her_S2E3.png (755KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Please_Don't_Punish_Her_S2E3.png
755KB, 1280x720px
Well, I'll bite.

>>29593935
>it was handled with a different style

No, not really, in this episode the "moment" of craziness was much, much longer than in Party of One. But other than the extended duration, it wasn't really different, and it had the exact same message of friendship at the end.
>Rainbow Dash: Wait!
>Pinkie Pie: You can't punish her!
>Applejack: It wasn't her fault!

Twilight's friends realize that they ignored her when she needed them, they think that Celestia is going to punish her, and they ask Celestia to leave her alone and punish them instead. It was a moment of true friendship, and even if the rest of the episode was awkward, and I admit it's not nice to see someone you like having a mental breakdown, the whole point was to show that Twilight needed her friends, and at the end, when her friends helped her, friendship solved everything.

Compare this to a true cancerous episode like 28 Pranks Later, where Rainbow Dash is a complete jerk for no reason, and instead of talking to her or whatever, the rest of the ponies decide to be even bigger jerks too to punish her. Be honest, do you really think that Lesson Zero is more similar to an episode where friendship is literally nowhere to be found than to Party Of One?
>>
>>29593704
I don't understand the appeal of boast busters, but nobody ever talks about that piece of crap.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 5000x3500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 5000x3500px
> >>29593704
> I don't understand the appeal of boast busters
Simple my dear boy, the appeal is none other than the great and powerful Trixie herself
>>
>>29594008
>it wasn't really different
Except it was blatantly different, I see what OP is so butthurt about. Like correcting somebody on "your" and "you're".

In the last scene of LZ all the characters, including Celestia are acting melodramatic and having such an awkward conversation that it might as well had been a fanfiction on Fimfiction. While in PoO everyone, including Rainbow ignored Pinkie's weirdness and happily and charmingly told her what was going on. Dash happily mocking "At least I wasn't replaced by a turnip".
LZ is handled without any real charm unless you enjoy self-absorbed parodies like Ren and Stimpy, and Steven Universe where everyone is a melodramatic cunt over nothing.

"ponies are assholes", while you're at it you should add to your list: Return Of Harmony, Hearth's Warming Eve, The Last Roundup. And any other episodes.
>>
>>29594010
AJ, Dash, Rarity get some moments for themselves.

Twilight Sparkle defeats a giant menacing space bear through calming benevolent magic (back when monsters in MLP looked cool and didn't start talking, stupid fucking chimera)

I still think the episode was 10 minutes too long.
>>
>>29594374
No, yeah, of course they were different. Different things happened, the reaction is different. But I think that the tone about friendship is the same

>In the last scene of LZ all the characters, including Celestia are acting melodramatic
The OP compared this episode to Happy Tree Friends. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that he meant that the episode plays with the idea of subverting cute critters to make them act like lunatics. The melodramatic tone at the end means that, in-universe, they all know that something went wrong, they know that it was their fault, and they try to fix things up. Maybe a more casual tone would have make it a little less like a fanfic, but the melodramatic tone proves indubitably that ponies weren't like the Happy Tree Friends.
>in PoO everyone, including Rainbow ignored Pinkie's weirdness
Because literally nothing wrong happened. Meanwhile, in LZ, Twilight controlled the whole fucking town. That's kind of a big deal. And that also means that they aren't melodramatic "over nothing", they're sorry because something bad happened because they didn't listen her friend.
The moral of the episode is "don't ignore your friends when they need you". I think that the formula used, a first part when something bad happens, but made for laughs to not make the whole thing absolutely melodramatic, and an serious ending when everyone tries to fix things up, fits perfectly the tone of the show.

BTW, I never tried to make a list consisting of a single episode. The ponies have been assholes a lot of times. The difference between early episodes and a season 6 episode is, in the first seasons they were learning and they were supposed to be assholes from time to time. But it's unjustifiable that they're still assholes.
>>
>>29593704
How can somebody just look at that face and go "Yes this is normal to put in an intellectual little girls show"
>>
>>29595295
Much the same way your mom looked at you when you came out of the womb and had to resist the urge to immediately strangle you
>>
>>29593704
I swear to God, if I see another fucking "Lesson Zero was shitty" thread, I'm going to shoot up a convenience store.

Fuck off, samefag.
>>
>>29596138
>bumping a shitpost thread that was on page 10
OP, you're pathetic.
>>
>>29596138
Ok do us a solid, go to Babscon this April and shoot up Michael Vogel.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.