[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"I love her in any form" == "I don't love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: 238985.jpg (139KB, 1099x594px) Image search: [Google]
238985.jpg
139KB, 1099x594px
"I love her in any form" == "I don't love her"

This Rainbow Dash never won the Best Young Flyers Competition.
This Rarity never opened boutiques in Canterlot and Manehattan.
This Pinkie Pie never had a party with some rocks and a bag of flour.
This Applejack never was the ten-time rodeo champion of Ponyville.
This Fluttershy never faced a huge, gigantic and terrifying dragon.

Only this Twilight is the same pony that moved to Ponyville to study friendship. It's OK if you like any of the other girls, but if you pretend that she and the pony with the same name are the same character, it means that you give zero fucks about any of them, because you'd be ignoring their traits, their personalities and their experiences.

Stop pretending that your love is more "pure" or shits like that, when the reality is that you're just treating two completely different characters as if they were the same.
>>
>>29586417
>This Pinkie Pie never had a party with some rocks and a bag of flour.

We saw into EqG!pinks' head in the last movie. She is still exactly the sort of loon who would do that.
>>
>>29586417
So, they're more real? Is that what you're saying? Because, if you're really idolizing characters that have done mythical exploits, does that bode well for you when searching for a mate in the real world?

What if women were encouraged to look for Heracles in the real world? Do you think that you would have a chance? But they aren't. They're conditioned to look for socially-awkward douches through the medium of situational comedy, so maybe guys like you and me have a fighting chance.

It isn't about treating different characters as if they were the same. It's about thinking about what your favorite character would be like if she were a real person in this hominid world, rather than a fictional horse in Candyland.
>>
>>29586448
>It's about thinking about what your favorite character would be like if she were a real person in this hominid world, rather than a fictional horse in Candyland.
Because "real people" in this homing world grow pony ears, fight she-demons and sirens, hang out with talking dogs and have random superpowers, right.
>>
File: IMG_5743.jpg (65KB, 652x538px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5743.jpg
65KB, 652x538px
>>29586417
True fans love the characters in all their forms faggot.
>>
>>29586480
I literally said that the OP applies to all the characters but Twilight. Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>29586469
Horse Fluttershy is an animal savant that can make a cockatrice give the fuck up out of sheer willpower. A "realistic" Fluttershy would be a caring pet owner with a stern side.

You are taking shit entirely too literally. I don't know why you are, but you are.
>>
>>29586554
I made a thread saying that the Equestria Girls versions of the ponies are actually different characters. You replied that they are more like "real people" despite them being nothing like real people because they have superpowers and shit.

You're literally ignoring the reality. I don't know why you are, but you are.
>>
>>29586575
They are more realistic than horses with superpowers, because they are humans with superpowers. Baby steps, anon. Baby steps.

More so, they are represented as humans in a human world with personality traits that affect how they interact in a modern human world. But I doubt you care about any of that, because wacky effects and sirens and shit.
>>
>>29586598
they're canonically not humans
>>
>>29586598
>my completely unrealistic franchise is more realistic than your completely unrealistic franchise because I say so
Sure, why not.
>>
File: fluttergun.png (295KB, 648x709px) Image search: [Google]
fluttergun.png
295KB, 648x709px
>>29586618
I don't know why you do this to you, and by extension, me, anon. The parallels are there, but you really just want to argue. It doesn't even matter what about, does it?

"Canonically", the characters in EqG have two arms, two legs, retarded-big animu heads, fingers and toes, high school, guns. I'd say that that makes them infinitely more relatable than cartoon horses to a human audience.

I love the horses. I love the peeples because the peeples are the actual humans behind the horses' interpretation of what the horses would be if they were peeples.
>>
>>29586417
>This Twilight never became a princess
Why do we hate Equestria Girls again?
>>
>>29586639
>infinitely more relatable than cartoon horses to a human audience
If what you're trying to say is that you never liked the pony show and you're glad you can watch something about school girls instead, just say it.
>>
>>29586654
I loved the pony show, anon. I'm sorry I can't say otherwise to support your narrative, but I did. I didn't like the first part of the people show, because it was half-handedly handled by everyone involved, but I do appreciate the concept. In the human world, your waifu wouldn't have done all these radical things. Flutterbutt would be a PETArd, Rarahorse would be a socialite who probably designs shit in her off-time after school, and Twilight would be a fuckin' preppie.

I dislike the character designs, because not everyone needs a goddamn skirt, but I think you're attacking the concept for the entirely wrong reasons.
>>
File: 514.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
514.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>29586683
I'm not attacking anything. I quote myself.
>It's OK if you like any of the other girls, but if you pretend that she and the pony with the same name are the same character, it means that you give zero fucks about any of them

I'm just saying that they are different characters. Which they are, canonically. The EQG version of your pony isn't an "improved, more realistic" version of her, she's an entirely different character.
>>
>>29586648
>not watching LoE
wew lad slow down there
>>
>>29586740
Ok.
>one-piece-meme.jpg

I still think you're just looking for an argument, though.
>>
>>29586417
>oranged skin EQG applejack
So fucking glad they changed that.
>>
>>29586765
>canon is a meme
Amazing. My point was that you were deluding yourself, but this new level of delusion amazes even me. Now I'm curious, do you watch other shows to pretend that the characters on them are your pony too?
>>
>>29586794
My sincerest apologies, anon. I meant to type "one-punch-meme", which may have made the reference more clear, but I have been drinking a lot.

Even looking at what I wrote, I don't know why you think my typing some CN animu name makes you think that I think "canon" is a meme, since canon is whatever the current writers say canon is.

I don't know what you're trying to argue with me about.
>>
>>29586819
>I don't know what you're trying to argue with me about.
?
>>
Just ignore this shit guys. This asshat has been shitting up the Rainbow Dash thread as well >>29583055 He isn't one of us and we're starting to think it's the OP of the NRDT trying to start more shit, but more subtlety compared to his "only pure horses in here"threads.
>>
>>29587015
I'm not >>29583055, I'm >>29583391. I don't mind EQG Dash at all, but I find absolutely outrageous your mental gymnastics of "if you don't want to pretend that these two character are the same, you don't love her." And I started a different thread instead of arguing about this any more over there because I don't want to shit on our thread (and that "our" includes you).
>>
>>29587096
I'm starting to think that you're assuming that the people saying love her no matter the form are saying they're literally the same character and that's a pretty foolish line of thinking. Of course they aren't literally the same character; a girl who plays the guitar isn't going to fly around and control the weather likewise a pegasus with no hands is hardly going to dream of starting a band. But what you're missing is that they are the same character, just a different interpretation; they have the same personality they look the same (for their world) and they obviously have the same name. You could lift one and put them in the other world and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference as they'd basically act the same; they're both athletic and competitive, they both start out self centred and heavily egotistical then mellow out and become more humble as they develop and they're both fiercely loyal.

Saying they aren't literally the same character (i.e. Dash stepped through the mirror) is fair but saying they're completely different characters is massively wrong and it isn't black and white like you're making it out to be.
>>
>>29587555
Spot on. I like Dash for who she is, not what she looks like and what she does. I understand preferring one form to others but saying one isn't Dash because they aren't all exactly the same is horseshit, as is claiming to love her but only liking her for what she looks like and if she only fits one view.
>>
>>29587555
>I'm starting to think that you're assuming that the people saying love her no matter the form are saying they're literally the same character
Yes, that's literally what I understood from >>29583354, and that's the reason why I was pissed off as fuck. As I said, I don't mind her EQG version, and literally the last time I posted a negative reply to any post involving non-pony Dash was months ago
http://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/28648067/#28784917
I only did it for fun, and I stopped right after that post because I thought that it could be hurting other Dashfags, which is something I don't want to do. I only posted my reply in our thread because I was genuinely mad. I only started this thread because I didn't want to post more shit in our thread. I feel honestly sorry if this thread was negative for someone unrelated to this shit. I'm not bumping it anymore.
>>
>>29587598
I'd say that post is more criticising those saying "you're not a Dashfag unless you only like pony" rather than "all forms of Dash are the same Dash". At least this was down to a misunderstanding and you're not an assmad fuck like the other guy.
>>
File: 976850.jpg (98KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
976850.jpg
98KB, 800x700px
Good morning America. OP here. Before you bump this shit of a thread because I offended you, quick reminder: I already admitted that this was a mistake. Move on, and love whoever you want.
>>
>>29586417
This thread is SHIT!! DELET THIS!!!
>>
>>29586417
Technically they aren't the same characters.
>>
>>29587598
___pussy___
>>
>>29588177
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.