[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you do it? I try to be optimistic about the show, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: 1246520.gif (2MB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1246520.gif
2MB, 848x480px
How do you do it?

I try to be optimistic about the show, but I just can't. I loved it for years, I loved the first 5 seasons, and I even loved some season 6 episodes. But season 6 had also a few episodes I completely hated. I don't mean "meh, that was bad", I mean "why the fuck did they do that? I wish I had never watched this."

It's true that season 6 had more good things than bad things, but I had never hated any episode until this season, and those fucking terrible episodes completely fucked the show up for me. I can't stop thinking about them, and I can't stop thinking that every next season will have even more episodes like those episodes I hated, and I won't be able to ignore them either.

Has anyone here ever felt the same? How did you get over it?
How can I stop dwelling on the episodes I hate?
>>
>>29564331
I look back on the low points of previous seasons, the times I thought hope was lost.

And then I look at the times hope came back again. Because one way or another, it always did.
>>
Watch episodes you enjoy instead.
>>
Ditto
>>
>>29564338
Well, I never felt like this before so I can't look back and say "here, I was wrong, this wasn't the end." I've always been absolutely optimistic, until now.
But I guess that I can look at it another way, if people like you were wrong back then, it probably means that I'm wrong now. Kinda. I'll try and think about it.

>>29564342
I do it, and it definitely helps for a while. But when I watch those episodes I end up thinking "this is good, I'm really enjoying it, why can those other episodes be like this?" I know it sounds completely stupid, but when pessimism takes over, it's a bitch.
>>
>>29564395
which are the eps that you didnt like btw?
you havent said any in specific
>>
>>29564433
>you havent said any in specific
No, I haven't, sorry. But at this point I'd rather have some vague and unspecific discussion than the exact same meme as a reply for the millionth time.
>>
>>29564331
There is literally one bad episode in the whole of 6 seasons including the films as episodes that I can think of and it's Spike at Your Service. That was not in season six. You're a stupid idiot.
>>
>>29564331
>>29564395
>>29564475

You sound (in your diction and rhetoric, not your opinions) like a friend of mine. It's eerie, really. He's never watched this show.
>>
File: IMG_1969.jpg (86KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1969.jpg
86KB, 640x476px
Shut your bitch ass, OP.
Ive watched this shitstorm go downhill since season fucking 3.
Don't come here after disliking one season like you have it so bad.
Frankly, you should be upset that you enjoyed 5 seasons total and have shit tastes.

If you wanna whine about the future of mlp like its an interesting topic, then take a number and join the fucking club.
>>
>>29564507
Nah, sorry, I'm not him. Everybody I know already knows that I watch the show. Also, English is not my native language so my rhetoric is mostly fortuitous rather than intentional.

>>29564519
I'm a fallen angel, I want to rise again. You can't blame me for trying.
>>
>>29564331
>Has anyone here ever felt the same?
Yes.
>How did you get over it?
I didn't. I'll always hate episodes like "no second prances" and "every little thing she does". I've moved on to better shows.
>>
>>29564331
It means you're burnt out on the show. It happens to a lot of people.
>>
>>29564503
What is Applejacks day off?

An episode that prooves she is a complete retard and really didnt need to be shown.
>>
>>29564331
>how do you do it?
I don't. Me coming here is just a bad habit I can't break. I stopped watching after Alicorn Twilight.
>>
File: 5682572.jpg (46KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
5682572.jpg
46KB, 640x360px
>>29564331
>How can I stop dwelling on the episodes I hate?
its easier than you think. instead of looking for reasons to hate shit, look for reasons to like it.
>>
The finale of season six brought it back for me, I got that giddy autistic feeling all over again.
>>
File: the ride totally ended for me.jpg (96KB, 500x477px) Image search: [Google]
the ride totally ended for me.jpg
96KB, 500x477px
>>29565395
>>29565454
>>
>>29565492
But that doesn't really apply to me. The show can't be equal to the swimming pool and the show, it doesn't work like that.
>>
File: veggiggy.jpg (187KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
veggiggy.jpg
187KB, 600x450px
>>29565509
> The show can't be equal to the show
kek
considering the board is dedicated to the show, it does. why dont you go to /k/ and talk about how much you dont like guns, or /a/ and talk about how much you dont like anime, and so on.
>>
>>29565533
>/k/
Literally any other weapon.

>/a/
Manga. LNs.
>>
>>29565540
in any case, youre cancer.
>>
>>29565550
>"s-shit. I'll just call him cancer!"
Nice one.
>>
File: 5685865368.png (150KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
5685865368.png
150KB, 500x472px
>>29565561
>ive moved on
>here i am
>>
>>29565395
ELTSD was one of my episodes too desu. About No Second Prances, I think it should have never existed, a suicide attempt is literally the last thing I wanted to watch on the show. But I actually liked it. Probably with a different writer I would have hated it, but I like Confalone's style, and it saved it for me. (Not that I'm trying to convince you it's just, I don't know, it's weird how this works.)

>>29565454
I guess I'll keep coming here too even if I stop watching the show, I love the ponies too much to let them go. At least this taught me not to be a dick towards people like you.

>>29565478
If only, but it's not that easy.
>>
File: jim miller.jpg (7KB, 94x92px) Image search: [Google]
jim miller.jpg
7KB, 94x92px
>>29564503
Hello Jim.
>>
>>29565578
>If only, but it's not that easy.
it really is. youre only fooling yourself if you dont think earlier seasons had their share of equally bad, if not worse episodes. the difference was that back then you were looking for reasons to enjoy the show because everyone else was looking for reasons to tell you why you shouldnt like it. theres a dozen reasons why this could be.

the shitstorm has died and now all thats left is this containment board of people who watch the show. you no longer have people pushing you into hating the show, forcing you to find reasons you should keep watching. youre left to your own devices.

not only that but the show has done such a good job of setting the bar high that each time it doesnt reach that peak you see it as shit when in reality its just mediocre.

one last and very common trend ive noticed is people tie their feelings into the show quality, as if theyre connected. they think that the fandom being at its peak in season 2 means that season 2 must have been the best season. theyre not connected in any way.
>>
>>29565637
Well, that's actually a good point. I can't come up with a rebuttal, I'll think about it.
>>
>>29564331
I liked season 6 more than seasons 1-3
grabs popcorn
>>
>>29565804
popcorn is a shot snack for watching anything. Go buy some nachos you fucking plebian.
>>
File: tumblr_myvuu4YYw11qk1arho3_400.png (150KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myvuu4YYw11qk1arho3_400.png
150KB, 400x480px
>>29565804
I think season 4 was objectively the best and Starlight is a better character and reform story than Sunset

We all have our own shit opinions no one cares dumdum
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.