[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has it been discussed here that this episode kinda had a shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

File: images.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
Has it been discussed here that this episode kinda had a shitty lesson? Twilight being right that you can't just be friends with anyone.
>>
Ah like dis epasode
>>
>>29535072
you only like song
>>
>>29533789
Did you not watch the episode?

Cranky Doodle Donkey:
>Pinkie, we're eternally grateful to you. But... Matilda and I just want to spend some time together in peace and quiet.
Pinkie Pie:
>Oh. Um, but we're still friends?
Cranky Doodle Donkey:
>Pinkie, you went way, way, way out of your way to make me happy. Of course we're friends.
Pinkie Pie:
>Great!
Pinkie Pie:
>Dear Princess Celestia,
>There are many different kinds of friends, and many ways to express friendship. Some friends like to run and laugh and play together. But others just like to be left alone, and that's fine too. But the best thing about friendship is being able to make your friends smile.
>>
m8, the lesson is: not everybody will like you, it's not a suposition, it's a real life fact.
>>
>>29535233
No shit, why do you think Ponka never tries to be friends with the villain of the week? Gilda's first episode being an obvious exception to this since she wasn't established as a cunt till the second half.

OP is just being autistic because this episode treated the idea of personal space with kid's glove in a children cartoon.
>>
>>29535097
This. Of course the moral that was spelled out in black and white for little girls aged seven and under went over you autists heads.
>>
>>29536010
What makes this so funny is that it's completely true.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>29535097
>>29536010
>>29536760
NO. FUCK YOU.

I AM SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF HAVING THE INTELLECTUAL TOLD HE"S WRONG.

YOU"RE A TALENTLESS COLLEGE DROP OUT. SHE"S AN AMAZING 10/10 HARDWORKING NATURAL BORN TALENT WHO THINKS AHEAD BEFORE SHE DOES SOMETHING.

YOU"RE A CARELESS FREAK AND A LOSER WHO"D KILL SOMEONE OUT ACCIDENT BECAUSE YOU"RE JUST THAT STUPID. GO BE A SOCIOPATH SOMEWHERE ELSE.
>>
>>29535097
>But others just like to be left alone, and that's fine too
I don't remember the episode all that well but isn't that the opposite of what she's been doing the entire episode?
>>
>>29538239
That's the fucking point. She was doing it the wrong way, then she learned that being like that with Cranky was not the way to be friends with that kind of person.
>>
File: 1467502367687.png (41KB, 119x201px) Image search: [Google]
1467502367687.png
41KB, 119x201px
>>29538188
>>
File: DerpySlurpy.png (148KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
DerpySlurpy.png
148KB, 945x945px
Obviously you can't be friends with everyone, because sometimes you're going to meet people who are untrustworthy, or who have goals that directly conflict with yours. But this is a show where even a villain whose very existence contradicts your interests, like the god of chaos, can totally reform if you pressure them to.

So in real life Twilight was right. In the show, Pinkie was right. As we've gone along, we've pretty much eliminated all logic and have to deal with writer fiat on everything, so what-the-fuck-ever. If the writers said Pinkie was right then she just plain is.
>>
File: 1471108752825.png (65KB, 202x242px)
1471108752825.png
65KB, 202x242px
>>29538443
The whole premise of the episode rests upon its payoff, meaning that no matter what ponka does she's always right and justified in the end, leaving others to say "Well it all worked out in the end so I guess everything you've done is ok". And of course Pinkie being completely above consequences and logic was a running theme by that point, making any sort of outcome other than that impossible so the episode was pretty predictable without any stakes. I don't think there's an excuse for any of that, it was just lazy presentation with mediocre lesson. Adding to that, the smile song was leaked long before the episode. Oh well.
>>
>>29533789
that episode gave me flying diarria
>>
>>29538525
>Pinkie is above consequences
She literally learns from this episode and calms down with the home invasion in every episode since then.
>>
File: molymeme.jpg (34KB, 567x565px)
molymeme.jpg
34KB, 567x565px
>>29538443
>But this is a show

Yes, one of the strongest points of the show is its optimistic outlook and the emphasis on community.

>As we've gone along, we've pretty much eliminated all logic and have to deal with writer fiat on everything, so what-the-fuck-ever. If the writers
Not an argument.
>>
>>29538546
Pretty sure there weren't any home invasions going on before and after that episode.
>>
>>29538584
That's what they want you to think.
>>
File: 1478636912276.png (110KB, 399x308px)
1478636912276.png
110KB, 399x308px
>>29538589
>>
They did that lesson way better with Maud Pie.
>>
>>29538563
>Yes, one of the strongest points of the show is its optimistic outlook and the emphasis on community.
You know why post-modernism became popular? It's because people recognize that all-encompassing optimism is a little disgusting if not tragically naive. It's good to have some positivity, but positivity in bald defiance of clear logical limitations is just obnoxious. It's like talking at the funeral about how your dead mom was a great chef and you're really looking forward to her cooking you spaghetti tomorrow. In a lot of ways it's worse than being morose.

When MLP does impossible shit in the name of friendship, it's like them talking about their dead mom's cooking, and then having her actually show up the next day to cook that spaghetti just because you believed enough. Kids are also quite naive, so that's fine for them and I guess I can't complain on their behalf, but as far as I'm concerned the changelings shouldn't have transformed, Glimglam shouldn't be part of the main crew, and Discord shouldn't be reformed.

>Not an argument.
I don't know what you're trying to get at and I suspect you might be retarded. And I mean that - I'm not trying to insult you directly, but I'm guessing you've seen people argue logic before and you're trying to copy it. Maybe you're very young and trying to learn to sharpen your rhetoric; merely pretending you're morally above a statement doesn't convince anyone of anything, though.

But at any rate, MLP isn't written with much internal consistency anymore, so I've gotten tired of trying to think of the show as being a consistent universe. Writer fiat has truly become an acceptable reason for things to happen in the show, and it doesn't matter if the older audience can follow the logic.
>>
>>29533789
>Twilight being right that you can't just be friends with anyone.
Which she conveniently forgot in Amending Fences and even recruited Pinkie to help coerce Moondancer into forgiving her and being friends again.
>>
File: slq42ctw.jpg (22KB, 102x152px)
slq42ctw.jpg
22KB, 102x152px
>>29538525
>>
File: a fucking leaf.png (2MB, 3200x3000px)
a fucking leaf.png
2MB, 3200x3000px
>>29539079
>It's because people recognize that all-encompassing optimism is a little disgusting
Where did this straw-man sprout out of? Do you even watch the show?

>When MLP does impossible shit in the name of friendship
You're complaining about heroes doing heroic deeds.

Your incredulity isn't evidence of anything, because no one is required to accept your assumptions about show or its writers.
>>
File: WTF am i reading.jpg (179KB, 587x438px)
WTF am i reading.jpg
179KB, 587x438px
>>29539079
>at the funeral about how your dead mom was a great chef and you're really looking forward to her cooking you spaghetti tomorrow
> it's like them talking about their dead mom's cooking, and then having her actually show up the next day to cook that spaghetti just because you believed enough.
> Maybe you're very young and trying to learn to sharpen your rhetoric; merely pretending you're morally above a statement doesn't convince anyone of anything, though.

Holly fuck dude. I get what you are saying but you need to learn how to make a point. This shitload of gibberish text, good god....
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.