[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Given all the fuckery that the new writing staff has delved into,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

File: industrialrevolutionworkers1.jpg (138KB, 600x361px) Image search: [Google]
industrialrevolutionworkers1.jpg
138KB, 600x361px
Given all the fuckery that the new writing staff has delved into, it may be only a matter of time before humans are included in the show. This will most likely take the form of an FiM/EqG crossover episode,

However, assuming they introduce new characters and engage in some world building, what would a human society look like in the context of the show?

This thread is purely speculative.

Personally, I like to think that a human society in the MLP universe would be one of two things, namely

1. A mid- to late-industrial age society with an aesthetic in transition from neoclassicism to art deco. This society hasn't been in contact with ponies since the unification (their last contact would have been something along the lines of a long-lost letter from Princess Platinum). These humans has been able to create fantastical machines to get around the lack of magic, and the entire civilization can be characterized by rationalism and scientific endeavor. However, these have since been applied for the sake of expansion, and with this comes a sense of nationalism and speciesism. Their recent forays into imperialism are now bringing them to Equestria's door step

2. Star Trek-esque humans
>>
>>29523963
Humans should look different than EQG, since EQG humans look really awkward compared to the ponies.

They should look more like humans in the Mushroom Kingdom.
>>
>>29523963
youre about 3 generations too late
>>
>>29523974
http://mylittleponyg1.wikia.com/wiki/Megan

Three kids fucking around on a ranch isn't a society.
>>
>>29524026
it could be. havent you read lord of the flies?
>>
>>29524034
True, but I doubt they'd put mounted pig heads in children's cartoon.
>>
>>29523963
>>
>>29523963

Gee, I hope we get to be the Final Boss Villain!
>>
>>29526422
Dubs confirm.

Andrew Ryan is the series finale boss
>>
>>29523963
Humans in Equestria would have the same character development and technology as humans in any other kids' cartoon. In other words, they'd be like earth ponies.
>>
>>29527431
I image they'd be more cynical, methodical, unfeeling than ponies, with greater degree of technical prowess.
>>
File: Princescorpan.jpg (52KB, 566x599px) Image search: [Google]
Princescorpan.jpg
52KB, 566x599px
>>29524026
There is a human kingdom
>>
>>29527764
Who the fuck?

>inb4 filename
>he was retconned in Gen 4
>>
File: NinteenEightyFour.png (17KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NinteenEightyFour.png
17KB, 1920x1080px
>>29527764
Okay, say it went into isolation after he passed, underwent a revolution, began a centuries-long internal struggle until something resembling a representative yet somewhat authoritarian government came out on top. This new government began modernizing the place and now needs resources to keep their art-deco empire afloat.

It would be fodder for the writers' apparent willingness to incorporate SJW-ism into the show. Perhaps they could use such a nation to show the alternate sides of the elements, e.g. fanaticism and nationalism in place of loyalty, dogma in place of honesty, cynicism in place of humor, giving unto the state and its causes has been confused with actual generosity, cold cordiality (the kind given by someone that will turn on you at the drop of a hat) in the place of kindness, and naturally the entire society is a middle finger in the face of magic.
>>
>>29527431
>>29527670
>Be Princess Twilight Sparkle.
>Be attempting to thwart yet another evil.
>This time you and the girls have traveled far into barely charted territory, the land of humans, and not the kind beyond the portal.
>Humans actually native to Equus.
>They haven't reached the technological level of their counterpart but they don't let that keep them from thriving.
"Your highness, King Bellum, you must unite with the other Kingdoms if you are to stand a chance against the coming storm!"
>The man himself looks down on you from his throne, simple in both design and function, a stark difference from the grandiosity you are familiar with.
>His eyes betray no emotion.
>"Pray tell, little horse, that if matters are so dire why did thy Equestria not send thine King?"
>You let the horse thing slide.
"O-Oh well, Princess Celes-"
>"The king. not another princess, your land, 'tis a kingdom is it not?"
"Well, we do call it a kingdom, though it is ruled by both Princess Celestia and her sister Princess Luna."
>"So, a queen?"
>You bite your lip so to stop yourself from saying anything mean.
>Queens are evil, don't you know?
>"My question still stands, why a princess as an envoy? Am I do have my son betroth a dwarf nag to seal this alliance?"
>Your cheeks heat up.
>"HAR HAR" The king bellows out, the other humans in the court giving their own half hearted chuckle.
>The king abruptly stops every sound in the court with a raising of his hand.
>He gets serious.
>"Go back to whence thou came, we have no business with thee, neither to the kingdom who saw fit to grace my halls with this disgrace of royalty, I will not haggle with a *princess*"
>You become desperate.
"You don't understand! Humans have no magic to defend themse-"
>"SILENCE!"
>Your mouth shuts.
>>
>>29529849
>"You stand in the God bless'd halls of the great Castellum! Know this: for over fourscore generations this castle stood and for over fourscore generations our brave men have protecte'd it..." his voice resounds "... With wood, with steel, with their own flesh and bone! Against those that would see us perish to the sands of time! The greedy canine hordes from the crags, the filthy Gryphons from the sky, the mockery of man that are the minotaur, to the vile demonspawn that steal our visage! We have not bent for monsters nor dragons! Good God! why should they mock poor fellows thus?"
>You look to the giant skull hanging overhead.
>"Why should we fear magicks!?"
"Sire, you will perish without aid!"
>"HA, we have weathered menace after menace! If we are mark'd to die, then we are enough to do our country loss! If we are to live, then the fewer bodies, the greater share of honor!"
>The room bellows with cheer.
>This is insanity!
>"Let me speak proudly: tell thy *Queen* we are but warriors for the working-day; our gayness and our gilt are all besmirch'd with rainy marching in the painful field, but, by the mass, our hearts are in the trim!"
>The man seems to shine as his breathing comes ragged.
>He points to you.
>"Princess, save thou thy labour..." He tells you, a calm somber tone. "... come thou no more for "friendship", gentle princess, for thee shall have none, I swear."
>Your ears droop and your head lowers.
>You cannot argue.
>The king has made his choice.
"I-I shall. Goodbye fair king. you will never hear of this any more."
>You bow and turn to leave.

>The coming battle was one of the worst in history.
>Though from the scorched land and ruined machinations, the castle still stood, in contrast to the hellish landscape.
>Humanity would not go quietly into the night.
>Not yet.
>>
>>29529849
>>29529855
Heyy we got green.
>>
File: 1485349537944.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1485349537944.gif
1MB, 300x169px
>>29529849
>>29529855
that's some really good stuff there anon
>>
File: EucIfYY.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
EucIfYY.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>29529849
>>29529855

A bit more 40K than I was aiming for, but good. Very good.
>>
9th page bump
>>
Bumping for continuation of green.
>>
>>29530407
>>29531184
>>29532574
>>
File: Dragon's Dogma.jpg (85KB, 840x623px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon's Dogma.jpg
85KB, 840x623px
>>29532574
>continuation of green
If you're talking about >>29529849, then I'm sorry lads, that was all, though if anyone wants to write more green be my guest.
>>
>>29532927
Bumping to remind me to pick up this green later, thinking it might be cool to continue it with a role reversal. A human swallowing his pride and travelling to Equestria to request help.
>>
Haven't watched ponies since 4th season. Can i get a quick rundown. 3rd was absolutly abhorrent and 4th rollercoster of okayness.
>>
>>29523963
>>
>>29524059
I am sure they can get close to that.
>>
>>29535158
True, they basically copped 28 Days Later, The Twilight Zone, and Impractical Jokers all in one episode.
>>
File: Begging.jpg (106KB, 500x635px) Image search: [Google]
Begging.jpg
106KB, 500x635px
>>29523963
Can they have a normal skin colouration this time round?
>>
They probably wont because muh ethnic representation in current year. Better safe approach (EQG shit) than something "different".
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.