[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw i actually liked season 6 >mfw i realise everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_3915.jpg (21KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3915.jpg
21KB, 300x199px
>mfw i actually liked season 6
>mfw i realise everyone else hates season 6
>mfw i want to hug glimmer
>mfw i realise that means i am glimmerfag
>mfw i am not skeptical of season 7
>mfw i realise this is my fourth year on the ride and i still haven't gotten off
>mfw the drama consumes me and i realise life has no meaning other than worshiping false memes
>mfw i want to just fucking die

I need psychiatric help.
>>
File: depressed applehorse.jpg (54KB, 830x963px) Image search: [Google]
depressed applehorse.jpg
54KB, 830x963px
>>29513605
I know how you feel, anon.
>>
>he fell for all these memes
>>
>>29513605
dont let the memes get to you mobilefag
>>
File: 1486572752514.jpg (82KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486572752514.jpg
82KB, 600x600px
>>29513605
Glimmer is a good pony, S6 was good, and S7 could be just as good.

You aren't alone, anon: you've just been blinded by the shitposters.
>>
File: 1443824760082.png (975KB, 1081x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1443824760082.png
975KB, 1081x1080px
>>29513605
Not to disagree, but there was important criticism. Though most of it was gegurgitated as just one phrase, "S6 was shit." I agree these memes are shit.
>>
>>29513605
Anon, speaking as someone who honestly believes S6 was the worst the show's ever had, I still like Starlight as a character and I think season 6 had some great episodes. People may be angry about the bad parts- I know I am- but that doesn't mean they hate everything about it. You may have more in common with the rest of the board than you think.

Let's talk this out in a little more detail. Even as a fan of the season and Starlight, I doubt you think either one is perfect. What do you like about them? What do you dislike? What makes the good parts more important to you than the bad ones?
>>
I too liked Season 6 on the whole anon. I am looking forward to season 7 and the movie.
>>
>>29513605
I too enjoy watching ponies, even the bad episodes. While I have some criticisms, I don't let them bother me too much.
I'm still looking forward to more pony and plan to draw poners until I grow old and feeble.
>>
>>29513739

I liked...

>The fact that Flurry Heart being born an alicorn was acknowledged as odd was a nice thing as it added something to the lore
>I genuinely thought the show would forget Starlight even existed after season five, but her inclusion not only proved me wrong, but it actually tied the two seasons toghether, which is something other seasons didn't really do outside of small references to past events
>Good Spike episode was good
>The season gave us more ideas to play with in our fucked up heads, and even developed a character here and there
>Vapor Trail is my wife now

I didn't like...

>How rushed the premiere felt
>Trixie episode felt stupid to me considering that Twi and Trix's whole snaffu was resolved three years prior and were only feuding to make a plot
>Valentine wrote a shit episode about prank channels
>Cart Before the Ponies made me hate Rarity more than I already did
>The fact that a fair amount of people enjoyed the Changling episode (which I though was the worst episodes of the season)
>The songs just seemed cringier than usual
>The "Changedlings" gave me eye cancer

The reason the good parts seemed more important, is because when Hasbro dropped the B14 Flurry bomb on our asses, everyone overreacted, saying that this would be the worst season of the show and there'd be no good episodes. While I can't argue that this season was imperfect, it was nowhere nearly as awful as everyone made it out to be. It clearly didn't deserve a shitstorm that ricaled the Twilicorn freakout in terms of overreactions.

But the true reason why I like this season, is because I'm that faggot who unconditionaly likes everything because I'm painfully optimistic in a pessimistic world.
>>
>>29513872
That's interesting, I might actually like more individual S6 episodes than you do. I'm certainly a bigger fan of No Second Prances. I just think that most of the good parts had little effect in the long run while the bad parts had a big impact on the show's story as a whole, so I consider the season to be a letdown. It appears that you've chosen to appreciate the good and move on from the bad, which isn't really a poor decision to make.

I personally refer to Cart Before the Ponies, 28 Pranks Later, and The Times They Are a Changeling collectively as the Month of Hell.

What really turned me against the season was the finale. Besides the abysmal changeling redesign, what'd you think of those episodes?
>>
>>29513605
>mfw i actually liked season 6
>mfw i realise this is my fourth year on the ride and i still haven't gotten off
>fourth year
Like pottery.
>>
>>29513605
>i want to just fucking die
i thougt this was a fair common sentiment in 4chin
>>
>>29513996
So-so.

It was painfully predictable for me (though I really didn't see the LSD bugs coming.) The thing with episodes like this is that I can't connect with the characters in their times of peril because I know that everything will be fine. Take Star Wars for example. Espcially with the recent trend of heroes being killed off, it's easier to fear for the characters during action sequences because you really aren't certain if they'll make it out in one piece. In MLP, everything is for certain, no one will die, they'll all get out okay, the villan will be magiced into next week, yadda yadda yadda. I understand it's a kids show, and comparing it to something like Star Wars is really idiotic, but I think that being able to fear for a character's fate makes things far more enjoyable.

Other than that, it was nice to see the changeling hive, and John de Lancie is always a win.
>>
File: 1463284851209.png (386KB, 533x639px) Image search: [Google]
1463284851209.png
386KB, 533x639px
>>29513605
Season 6 is one of the best seasons.
>>
>>29514145
Again, I find myself sharing your sentiments, though I have more complaints about the story. For one thing, the claim that Starlight is ready to be a leader. Last time we saw her she was struggling with basic morality, so why should she be encouraged to go out and take charge of other people's actions as well as her own? If she'd demonstrated a lot of skill for it in this episode I might be able to believe that, but she mostly just panicked and suggested things that were already fairly obvious. She only saved the day in the end because of a deus ex machina, which is not a good sign. I'm not saying Starlight is incompetent, just that she still has a lot to learn and that it's hard to get enthusiastic about a victory when both the problem and the solution only exist through sheer contrivance.
>>
>>29514229
This really didn't come to mind when watching. It really shows you how bad of a critic I really am. You're talking to a kid who was raised on Dora the Explorer and Hanna Barbera cartoons, who then watched old Power Rangers shows on Netflix before YouTube took over his life. I guess that's why I just brush off the bad and suck up the good, because that the only thing I've known how to do since I staryed watching TV.
>>
>>29514366
Hey, I'm firmly of the opinion that if you love a work of fiction, there is likely a good reason. Don't lose the happiness you've got on my account.
>>
>>29513605
Same.
>>
>>29513605

You are no real glimmerfag if you dont want to abuse her
>>
>>29513605
don't worry Anon, I feel the same way
>>
>>29513605
>>
File: 1486920339479.jpg (13KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1486920339479.jpg
13KB, 236x236px
>>29513605
Besides being a glim glammer, that's pretty much me
>>
>>29516285
This desu senpai.

The glimmer-cherishers are vapid.

But one needs to love and hug her too.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.