[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A norm that is completely closed mineded to mlp agreed to watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: b9e8025928762d6c23adb9ecdfd9fd09.jpg (225KB, 800x1035px) Image search: [Google]
b9e8025928762d6c23adb9ecdfd9fd09.jpg
225KB, 800x1035px
A norm that is completely closed mineded to mlp agreed to watch one episode with me. What episode should I show them??!!!
>>
>>29460921
The first one. Always go in chronological order.
>>
>>29460921
Pinkie Pride.

If anything, the fast songs and the constant jokes will keep your friend entertained and curious to see what will happen next.
>>
>>29460921
Good things to look for would be:
>Features all of the mane six
>Does a good job of representing characters who have a lof of screentime
>Has some funny lines
>Has a respectable moral
>Has a bit of world building, but not too much
>Doesn't rely too much on prior knowledge
Also, you can't go wrong with an episode featuring your waifu. Seriously, provided that you have one, I'd be willing to bet that her episodes are the ones you have the best understanding of.
>>29460993
Theoretically this could work, but I'd be worried that the number of songs would be a turn-off. You need to show someone the rule before you can show them the exceptions, if you catch my drift.
That being said, I think it would make a great second or third episode if you end up going that far.
>>
>>29460921 Just don't be a fucking retard and try to sell them on the story. Thousands of works of fiction have outdone MLP in that area. Sell them on the tone.
>>
>>29460921
And if you try to sell them on Rainbow Dash being a badass I will personally find you and kill you
>>
>>29460921
The first two episodes. It's what got me hooked, and it's what got a lot of my IRL friends hooked. Just, it's a good introduction, and leaves one feeling just a bit wanting afterwards. Ask them who they liked so far, then show maybe show them a strong episode from that pony. Wouldn't hurt if the episode is actually humorous. Also, try to avoid the "fan-favorites" for the very reason why they're "favorites". They probably won't know what's going on half the time because they aren't that exposed to the show yet. That being said, maybe winter wrap-up or that first christmas episode would make for an okay followup?
>>
>>29460921
Boast Busters is the episode that hooked me, but its different for everybody probably.
>>
>>29460921
episode 4, good episode and gives a feel of what the series is
>>
the recommendation by everyone at the time was always 'sonic rainboom!' but i think it's best to go in order. if they watch the first two and are interested, they'll probably like it, if they watch it and say 'nah' then that's fine too.
>>
>>29461166
No it wasn't faggot, fite me
>>
>>29461192
Go home, Anon. You're drunk.
>>
>>29460921
The first two episodes. I've shown them to many normies and they usually work.
>>
>>29461038
Sounds like Dragonshy
>>
>>29460921
Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000.

If he likes musicals he will love that episode.
It's what hooked me.
>>
>>29461198
i'm not drunk, its only noon, you can't get drunk at noon
>>
>>29461393
>you can't get drunk at noon
Not with that attitude.
>>
I'd say Bridle Gossip. I think it's one of if not the the funniest episodes in season 1. A good representation of most of the highpoints of the characters' personalities as well.
>>
File: my little niggas.jpg (137KB, 1148x1148px) Image search: [Google]
my little niggas.jpg
137KB, 1148x1148px
>>29460924
First post best post.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.