[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand why they couldn't just make a pony

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

I don't understand why they couldn't just make a pony movie about the mane six. Why add in all these totally unnecessary characters?
>>
>We need the zootopia audience
>>
>>29448036
Because a movie always adds in new characters. I don't understand how you didn't see this coming. Having literally no new characters would make it basically a movie-length episode and it'd be boring as fuck.
>>
>>29448036
>movie contains other characters?

>ergo it must not be about the main characters that flank the logo on all sides

Boy you are stupid
>>
>>29448036
The show adds at least one new character in the average episode, but it remained main six-focused at least until S6.
>>
>>29448036
It's a story about the mane 6 adventuring outside Equestria. These new characters will probably show up in one or two scenes before being dropped. Hiring Celebrity voice actors is expensive, and the MLP movie is guaranteed to rake in the bronybux. They throw in a few token celebrities to lure in some normies and keep their scenes, and their paychecks, to a minimum so that the movie is pure profit.
>>
>>29448239
This, we'll probably never see most of them again outside of the movie.
>>
Because then it's just a fucking episode. Might as well be a two-parter.

You need to introduce new characters when you're making a movie. Otherwise, there's no new story or villain.
>>
File: businessman-counting-money.jpg (47KB, 506x337px) Image search: [Google]
businessman-counting-money.jpg
47KB, 506x337px
>>29448036
Anon you gotta understand, they dont want your money, that´s granted and accounted already, brownies will go to see the MLP cause it has the MLP logo on it, unless its a PR disaster a la Ghostbusters.
They want money from furries those somewhat normie adults that have a thing for talking animals why do you think they are waving these characters and their actors around?
This isnt a direct to dvd or shown in a remote teather like the EqG movies, there´s a big investment here and you bet your ass Hasbro is gonna try to maximize profit by any means necesary.

But dont worry, im sure your waifu will have a slight moment or quip that will become memetic among fans of that character.
>>
>>29448036
New characters means new toys.
Hasbro wants that money.
>>
>>29448036
im glad you asked. allow me to explain to you how movies for series have to work.

first of all, a movie for a series can never, ever alter the status quo for the show. no permanent damage can be done, no new characters can permanently join the cast. this is so that when a channel episodes normally, it doesnt suddenly change for no apparent reason.

bearing this in mind, what are the best ways to accomplish this? the most obvious and coincidentally easiest solution is to have the adventure take place outside of the normal universe. so the ponies travel to the ocean where they meet all these new characters, deal with their problems, and travel home without anything from the show changing. the status quo remains intact despite all the radical changes that may have happened during the course of the movie in this new area.
>>
>>29448951
Dil Pickles and Kimi Finster say hi.

In all seriousness most of these characters might not ever appear again (maybe small cameos in the show but nothing more) as speaking roles since it's gonna go way outta the budget to get them back. Maybe one of them but certainly not the rest. They're already stretching it with De Lancie.
>>
>>29448036
New characters mean new VAs which means they can bring in the big names.
>>
File: 1426801567615.jpg (76KB, 600x551px) Image search: [Google]
1426801567615.jpg
76KB, 600x551px
>>29448036
>People complain about the show taking place in the same handful of locations and not exploring the world and lore
>The movie promises such a thing and people complain about it

You indecisive shits, they're going on an adventure. That means traveling to exotic distant lands, meeting exciting and unusual people and becoming friends with them.
>>
>>29449230
>Dil Pickles
God, that movie was great. That was how you do a movie of a popular cartoon.

Tommy was going to let his baby brother get torn apart by crazed monkeys. Why don't cartoons do that anymore? Why do Vogel's era of writers unironically think kids are fucking retarded?
>>
>>29449519
>blaming the writers
yes, im sure hasbro told them to break out of the safety net and the writers told them no.
>>
>>29449540
I don't honestly think Hasbro corporate even cares about the show or the movie, honestly. Vogel and co. couldn't write their way out of a wet paper bag if left unsupervised; there's no reason for corporate to stick their noses in when the writing team are good enough at terrible writing on their own.
>>
>>29449577
>I don't honestly think Hasbro corporate even cares about the show or the movie
then you havent been paying attention to the show at any point in time because their decisions have been ever present.
>>
>>29449450

Brit here

This reveal is like my vacation to detroit. Something new, but awful at the same time
>>
>>29449622
>A movie is comparable to a city full of destitute niggers
Fuck off, Ahmed.
>>
>>29449601
My post was complete facetiousness, anon. I'm sorry I didn't bludgeon you with it. I'm well aware corporate is meddling. That's literally what Vogel's presence is, corporate meddling.
>>
>Why add in all these totally unnecessary characters?
We've known since the Sony leak they were shooting for an "epic adventure around the world" style plot. You can't exactly leave Equestria and not encounter new characters. Add on the fact you need a new villain and probably some cronies and that's at least a dozen or so plot relevant new characters the movie will have.
>>
>>29448951
Well, that's been the case with all the EqG. Let's hope you're right.
>>
>>29448036
>>29448052
>make it basically a movie-length episode and it'd be boring as fuck.
This is the mindset of your average moviegoer. What do you expect? This movie is a make-it-or-break-it deal for a lot of us, and the quality will determine that.
>>
>>29449622
Detroit resident. Why the hell would you vacation here?
>>
I don't understand why you faggots watch a show made for small toddlers. Grow the fuck up.
You are all pathetic.
>>
>>29448052
There's a difference between "adding new characters" and "adding characters/creatures which have never been referenced to".
>>
>>29449622
Detroit is universally known as a shitty place after all the car companies bailed. Why the fuck would you think Detroit was a place to vacation? Pick New York, Galveston, New Orleans or something.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.