[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm watching "Look Before You Sleep" right now,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: 1479822299969.png (577KB, 1994x1464px) Image search: [Google]
1479822299969.png
577KB, 1994x1464px
I'm watching "Look Before You Sleep" right now, it's always been one of my personal favorite episodes because I find the interactions between AJ and Rarity along with Twilight's naivete to be hilarious

But the thought came to mind, I'm pretty sure if this episode came out in a recent season most of you faggots would complain that it was "too boring" or something, and it made me realize how much I hate some of you and I just wanted to say that
>>
>>29430159
>so many assumptions
I hated season 6, so I'm in your target of people you hate, I guess. But "it's boring" was never a complaint I used. My main problem with this season was the ludicrously exaggerated amount of cringe humor. The closest to this in season 1 was, maybe, Feeling Pinkie Keen. I didn't like it then either, but at least it was only one episode, not half of the season like it is now.

I would kill to have "boring" episodes again instead of this shit where every fucking episode is now "hey, this pony is having a bad time, ISN'T IT HILARIOUS GUISE XDD?". Fuck this shit.
>>
>>29430159
I want to be god friends with rarity.

If fashion horse is your waifu, you've got yourself a good pone.
>>
>>29430215
How was Feeling Pinkie Keen "cringe humor"? In fact, that's another one of my favorite early episodes

And no you're not even who I'm talking about, I'm talking about people these days who call every SOL episode that doesn't have some epic plot "boring" and can't just enjoy character interactions

>>29430227
Party horse is waifu but I love Rarity too
>>
>>29430159
>But the thought came to mind, I'm pretty sure if this episode came out in a recent seaso
And I would promptly congratulate the episode for having the same atmosphere and writing style which Lauren Faust has. Something which Mike Vogel is incapable of doing.
>>
File: An_anvil_falls_on_Twilight_S1E15.png (389KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
An_anvil_falls_on_Twilight_S1E15.png
389KB, 1280x720px
>>29430267
I mean schadenfreude, actually. They used to be completely different things, but people call this idea of enjoying seeing people suffering "cringe humor". And Feeling Pinkie Keen was the episode with the most schadenfreude.
>>
>>29430271
It wasn't written by Lauren Faust...hardly any episodes were, can we stop this meme already
>>
>>29430271

What even are you talking about? Lauren Faust only really writes adventure, and Look Before You Sleep is NOTHING like Faust's style of writing (which makes sense, considering it was written by Charlotte Fullerton)
>>
>>29430284
Everything Twilight suffered in that episode was because of her own stubbornness, hence her learning the friendship lesson in the end...I see no problem
>>
>>29430297
Atheists, dude. In perpetual butthurt
>>
>>29430308

But the episode is very clearly pro-science...
>>
>>29430159
Season 1 could get away with a lot of things thatwould never fly by /mlp/ today because the ponies' friendships were still new and formative. They had to test each other to find out where their flaws and differences lay. Something like "Fall Weather Friends" just wouldn't be acceptable in modern episodes because it would seem childish at this point for Rainbow Dash and Applejack to physically fight each other after all they'd been through. I think the latest I can remember in terms of a serious altercation was when Twilight and Rainbow Dash got up in each others' business in "Testing Testing 1, 2, 3".
>>
>>29430287
>>29430285
WILL YOU SHUT UP WITH YOUR DENIAL? GODDAMN. Horsefuckers make my blood boil, no wonder you're the worst fandom in history. Are you sure you assholes aren't slavics? because you sure as fuck are just as autistic and stubbornly psychotic as they are.

Lauren Faust as every showrunner is in charge of every single little thing in a cartoon show and goes through numerous superivisions and revisions in order to assure that the show follows 1 direction.

Is the sky fucking black where you live? Do you eat with your ass and breed through your mouth? Are muslims the good guys in your world?
>>
>>29430331
Oh wait, actually "Pony Point of View" is probably the latest where friends were mega-pissed at each other.
>>
>>29430215
>everything should be sunshine and rainbows all the time
ponys should be able to experience all the same fucking emotions a human does
>>
>>29430355
You should experience a screwdriver tickling your cornea.
>>
>>29430331
You're missing the point entirely, the point is that people bitch anytime an episode is just about characters interacting with one another rather than some epic plot, it has nothing to do with whether they argue or not

Also, even still I will call BS on your theory, I have some friends I've known since elementary school that I still get into fights with every now and again, sometimes even the exact same fights we've been in before
>>
>>29430342
She still didn't write the episode, moron. Kill yourself. She may have approved it at one point or another, but she didn't write it and it wasn't her creative vision.

Hasbro approved Laurens concept for MLP, guess that mean Hasbro came up with it. You're a dunce and your rage shows it, please kill yourself or become medicated you zilch and drain on society.
>>
>>29430159
I'm one of the few people left on this board who won't scream at an episode so long as it's flaws aren't glaring
I absolutely love episodes like "Look Before You Sleep" sure not much happens in them but it's a nice, comfy episode and it had a decent message by the end of it along with some character growth, I'd say "A Hearth's Warming Tale" was the closest this season got to some of those episodes, and I would kill to have some more next season
>>
>>29430382
Ooohhh God how much I'd kill you right now. Not only you, but your entire type of autistic tunnel-visioning geeks and losers.
Listen closely and try to think, college drop-out.

>She still didn't write the episode
She directed and influenced the final scripts.
If we were to follow your logic then MA Larson and other writers are 100% in control of what they're doing to the show. Larson wanted Magical Mystery Cure, the alicorn, those exact jokes, etc.

There are cases when writers are more in control than directors like The Last Airbender, but not for a slice of life show like MLP. In our case Faust and Mike Vogel directly influenced the show's humour, characterization, jokes, soundtrack, songs, lyrics, guest characters, etc.

An executive producer will often times take control of the creative vision and start grabbing the script and editing it with their own take of it. The writers like most show writers become typing monkeys only there to serve and not risk the executive from breaking a nail.

Otherwise.... shows like Loud House and 9th Grade ninja would drastically take decisions of their own for each episode if writers had free reign to do whatever they want. Different endings, different humour, a different character, different morals, etc.

This is my last post, I don't care if any of it went through your head specifically, others will understand what I'm talking about.
>>
>>29430403
Yeah ok bye Lauren
>>
>>29430367
What do you consider to be an epic plot?
>>
File: 1430861793264.gif (257KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
1430861793264.gif
257KB, 300x199px
>>29430432
>>
>>29430432
It's hardly about what I think
>>
>>29430432
I'd say something where there's suspense, drama, the very real threat of a character getting hurt physically and/or Equestria being in jeoprady. In recent seasons, you can add "With Starlight being the main character".
>>29430443
Not gonna complain with your answer though.
>>
>>29430159
A lot of season 1/2 episodes would get absolutely torn to shreds if they aired now, mainly cause if you take away the nostalgia factor, they're not as perfect as people claim they are
>>
>>29430765

Currently rewatching S2, can confirm.
>>
File: 1448432342898.png (93KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1448432342898.png
93KB, 400x400px
>>29430227
>>
>>29430742
Still, what do you consider to be an epic plot?
>>
>>29430773
That season alone had Mare Do Hell, the one Mr Enter hates, Newspapers Are The Devil, Pinkie Pie = SpongeBob clone, Rainbow Doesn't Deserve Cider because LOL, Derpygate and I Want To Slap Rainbow Dash Across The Face_.
>>
File: Main_six_drinking_cider_S02E15.png (953KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Main_six_drinking_cider_S02E15.png
953KB, 1366x768px
>>29430816
>Rainbow Doesn't Deserve Cider because LOL
You don't watch the show do you.
>>
>>29430159

I want Rarity to watch me masturbate and comment on my technique.
>>
Latest episodes are too pandering. S1 is the best season
>>
>>29430297
>>29430308
>>29430315
What a completely retarded series of posts.
>>
>>29430816
>the one Mr Enter hates
>I Want To Slap Rainbow Dash Across The Face_.
Don't even know what you're talking about.

>Derpygate
Derpy drama aside, it was a good episode.

>Pinkie Pie = SpongeBob clone
If you're talking about A Friend in Deed then just kys.
>>
>>29430998
Putting Your Hoof Down & May The Best Pet Win.
>>
>>29431002
>May The Best Pet Win
>I Want To Slap Rainbow Dash Across The Face
Literally jump off a bridge.
>>
I hate American children who believe being evil to a close friend or seeing someone in pain should be considered "funny".

That's what I hate about S6, not what you wrote.
>>
>>29431017
You don't suck your friend's dick when they piss you off. RD never learned from MMDW.
>>
>>29430765
Yes they are
>>
>All of these fucking thin skinned Dashfags

They made AJ a literal retard in S6 and Spike went five seasons with maybe three good episodes. Stop being pussies.
>>
>>29431017
I'm the anon who wrote a few posts ago that I hate season 6 for that exact same reason, yet I don't see why did you say anything about "American children" there, unless you're trying to derail the discussion to something different.
>>
>>29431032
>Spike
>good episode
You can have one
>>
>>29430159
yeah well you're a faggot and you should move on I found someone else already so you gotta get over it
>>
>>29431045
Well in S6 he had three.
>>
>>29430971
You are stupid
>>
>>29430809
>Still, what do you consider to be an epic plot?
An action/adventure or vs a villain plot as opposed to a characters just interacting and maybe a friendship lesson plot

>>29430765
This...
And I love the old episodes so I'm not even saying they're bad, I'm just saying with the state of the fanbase, most of them wouldn't get love if they were released today because people seem to hate SOL now
>>
>>29430159
neo/mlp/ got the attention span of mobile phone users.
>>
>>29430765
I'd disagree on that.
Before S1,literally nothing existed, so earlier seasons especially S1 is what established the world of Equestria and current fanbase that hates earlier seasons. There are so many world building and character interactions with good chemistry in S1 trying to make G4 a thing. I think they deserve a credit for that.
Of course it's not perfect, but at the end of the day, nothing is perfect.
>>
>>29432200
Checked.
>>
People who want more ackshun were never fans to begin with, they're bandwagoners who want the show to fit the mold of their shonen bullshit
>>
>>29430215
The hell are you talking about? Feeling Pinkie Keen had the best slapstick humor in the entire series. It only gets a bad rap because fedoras have to say "hurr durr I hate anything that even vaguely resembles faith."

The only problem with the episode is that "Pinkie Sense" is something that seems to appear out of nowhere and then isn't mentioned again until the next season, and barely at all after that.
>>
>>29434256
>It only gets a bad rap
It also gets a bad rap because it completely misrepresents the scientific method in order to make Twilight look like a stereotypical parody of Dawkins. I loved the episode, but don't try and write the criticisms of it off as "just some salty atheists".
>>
>>29434256
>I complain mostly about season 6
>"I hate anything that even vaguely resembles faith"
You're literally the most stupid person I've ever read here. Congratulations.
>>
>>29434789
He's right though, at least in earlier years we had discussions whether some characters were religious or not. We concluded that the ivory tower Twilight was philosophical and in ancient times philosophy and religion and science were the same. The rest were simply religious people.
>>
>>29435452
He's not right, because he didn't read the post he was replying to. I said that I didn't like season 6 because I hate it when an episode laughs at a character who's having a bad time. It's something that season 6 did all the fucking time, compared to the "closest" to that in season 1, which was just one episode, Feeling Pinkie Keen. Instead of any other rebuttal which could make any sense, he uses le ebin tipsfedora maymay, which is completely unrelated to anything that I said in my post. I keep what I said, he's a fucking idiot.
>>
>>29432528
What fucking world building? S1 and S2 had literally nothing of that, wasting 95% of screentime on SOL. I mean, slice of life is fine, but when you have fucking magical world, doing sleepover fights in it is a disgrace. For how short and bad S33 was, it had more fucking world building than S1/2 put together!
>>
>>29434256
Hot to spot brain dead religious fundie moron - he keeps babbling about fedoras. Are you 11 or homeshooled?

That episode was shit because it took both science AND magic, made frakking prodigy with more potential than Celestia look stupid, and broke the rules of the world, all in order to have a message "when friend comes with impossible shit you know can't be true to you, uncritically and instantly believe it". Not "there is more than we know but we can learn it in time", not "maybe there is something we missed, let's improve our methods", no, it was "believe whatever voodoo friends say just because they are friends, critical thinking and science is useless". No wonder such priest cocksucker like you loved it.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.