[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if you guys know this or not but I wanted to spill the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 292
Thread images: 30

File: fttgRAxM.png (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
fttgRAxM.png
32KB, 400x400px
Not sure if you guys know this or not but I wanted to spill the dirt on this if you haven't heard already
Bronycon is losing lots and lots of money and their sales are doing terribly. So there's a ton of shit going on in the upper levels of staff and they've decided to go multi-genre
They're going to try to focus on video games (think PAX style) and Pokemon

Yes that's right. Video games and Pokemon.
At Bronycon
>>
>>29412743
>source: my ass
>>
>>29412746
Source: I'm part of the bronycon staff
>>
>>29412760
If you're not bullshitting, then fuck.
>>
>>29412792
I'm extremely unhappy about it, as are a bunch of other people. There are a few higher ups who have said that they're going to quit and some already have.
I can't believe it came to this decision, it's so obviously bad.
>>
>>29412934
Couldn't they just downsize it and keep it pony?
>>
>>29412936
Because it's run by two committees and they rarely listen to reason. That's the biggest thing about it, keep it pony, don't try to branch out to other things. The fact is, this is bronycon
If you're interested in ponies, you'll go
If you're interested in pokemon, but not ponies, you don't go

It's the most asinine thing. They don't understand that if they try to expand to those other things it's not going to attract new people ,it's going to turn existing people away.
>>
>>29412743
Damn, I heard they were opening it to another fandom. I thought it was something like SU. Shit man
>>
>>29412743
Why would they move to vidya? Vidya communities are huge and they would be heavily overshadowed by all the other major conventions.
>>
Bronycon and Ponycon are both suffering. >>29412562
>>
>>29412970
That's exactly it, they have this idea that if they expand to other things they'll attract more people. But if you're into video games that doesn't mean you like ponies.
Only pony fans will go to Bronycon, that's the fact of the matter. Anything added on is just going to turn people away.

It also doesn't help that they're opposite Otocon (might be spelling that wrong) which used to be one of their biggest assets. Now they're on the same weekend, trying to compete with them in the same genre.
Otocon is about ten times bigger than Bronycon. Trying to compete with them on dates and genre's is going to sink them
>>
They should branch out into furry conventions. It is a very friendly culture and still a niche.
>>
I'd rather the con die than expand.
>>
>>29412992
Furries obsessively flood any convention that lets them in.
>>
>>29412992
>Implying brony conventions aren't already furry conventions
You never went to a con and brohoofed a smelly fursuiter, did you?
>>
>>29413003
Then they should advertise them as such.
>>
>>29413003
>>29413011
I'm sure any con-going furry is plenty aware of Bronycon, but pony fans get equal amounts of hate and love in the furry community.
>>
>>29413054
I think it is the other way around. Many bronies don't like to be associated with furries.
>>
>>29412760
>I claim to be part of Bronycon staff

better proof.
>>
>>29412743
can you prove you know this? Prove to us your not full of shit.
>>
>>29413072
It cuts both ways, both in my experience and in studies that've been done.

Ctrl+F "brony":
https://sites.google.com/site/anthropomorphicresearch/past-results/anthrocon-2012-iarp-2-year-summary
>>
>>29413074
I feel like I've given a good amount of information. I can't confirm my identy because of NDA reasons but if there's any other dirt you want to know from upper level staff I can dish it
>>
OP We know your mother never loved you, but you don't need to slander the meca of autism
>>
>>29413101
Sorry...
>>
>>29413090
Then your full of shit. Sales? its not for 7 months. Just fuck off. Or give us proof pussy.
>>
>>29413089
I think most don't care. The worst that would happen is either they won't show up or BRONIES will be more annoyed by it.
>>
>>29413072
21% of 16,395 participants of the Herd Census 2014 considered themselves furry vs 79% who responded no.

Based on this data, presupposing methodology is sound (I am not a statistician), probably a reasonable assumption that most bronies would not consider themselves a furry, and by extension, probably would be far less likely to attend a general furry convention than the individuals who do consider themselves furries.

Page 50.
http://herdcensus.com/2014%20STATE%20OF%20THE%20HERD%20REPORT.pdf
>>
File: 555 Come on now.png (344KB, 385x448px) Image search: [Google]
555 Come on now.png
344KB, 385x448px
>>29412760
Yeah, like BC staff browse /mlp/
>>
>>29413129
You sound like someone who's never worked with events. No, sales happen throughout the year. They rely on early sales to fund the event.
Early sales are a very good indicator of later sales, there's a curve involved.
Lots of people bought early but after that sales have gone dead. It's a very bad sign.
>>
>>29413148
How do you think most bronies got into the fandom? Especially the earlier folks, like, 2011, 2012 days
>>
>>29412743
PT please go back sucking your "wife"
>>
>>29413155
can you please just take a picture of something to show proof about this? You don't have to showe your identity. There are other things you could show. Like staff pictures or a badge with the info blocked out.
>>
For my part, though I've never visited a pony convention, I''d rather visit BABScon over Bronycon just because of the biases the latter supposedly has against /mlp/ types.
>>
>>29413192
All US cons are full of autists anyway
>>
>>29413192
Hi purpletinker.
>>
>>29413190
Badges aren't anywhere near being printed yet, they're not even finished being designed.
As for pictures I think it would make it pretty obvious who I was to anyone else who was in the picture
"oh hey I remember you taking that picture"
That sounds like a great way to get caught
>>
Think about it like a Pokemon/vidyafag. If you wanted to go to a convention because you liked those two things, would you go to one that at least a major part of it will be MLP? I'm not even talking "REEEE I HATE PONIES" types, but people who simply don't like it.

As others have said the only thing this does is push away fans of MLP. It wouldn't bring in new people at all unless you explicitly made it just a general pop culture con. And in BC's context they would fail at that because Otakon is the same weekend.
>>
>>29413209
PT doesn't work on Bronycon anymore, her last involvement was in 2012
>>
>>29413216
It would be really small too, and the con heads won't know how Vidya cons are run differently.

Not to mention they would need support by major companies to stand out.
>>
File: RarityBeard.jpg (171KB, 603x640px) Image search: [Google]
RarityBeard.jpg
171KB, 603x640px
>>29413223
>her
>>
>>29413223
>her
>>
>>29413215
what's your name then? If you just said it, I doubt anything would come of it as long as you dont show any pictures. People say shit on here all the time. Nothing will happen/ Look, I go here every year with friends. If the cons in danger next year, I need to know so we can make plans elsewhere with friends.
>>
>>29413215
Then for the sake of this conversation, we'll remain skeptical but be open to the possibility of what you are claiming being the case.

Seems to me the safer option is simply to downsize, cut costs, maybe smaller venue, less staff, less spectacle, but continue to cater to the more niche market. The BronyCon name is a great name to have if you're going to be a pony convention. Seems like a more secure option than attempting to compete with a broader market, especially when those broader markets are much larger, and have established names that more people trust and are aware of. Difficult up-hill battle.
>>
>>29413255
>>29413258
That's a good way to put it. I can't provide any hard evidence without revealing who I am so I can't provide that information.
I do feel that I've shown enough information to take this into consideration. I don't expect anyone to take me (an anon on 4chan) completely on his word. That would be unreasonable.
So yes, be skeptical, just keep this in mind. I don't know when they plan on announcing this, it might be in the next few months and it could possibly be at the closing ceremonies or maybe the week after the con, I don't know where they plan on taking it because the decision was made very recently so everyone is kind of reeling from it right now.

A bomb went off and our ears are still ringing
>>
>>29413258
trip off, tripfag
>>
>>29413290
It can backfire and leave the con bankrupt. It is pretty much spitting on the fans that have supported it all these years.
>>
>>29413301
My thoughts exactly
>>
>>29413290
This can't be a coincidence because there was a recent thread about ponycon dying and they needed help with cost for 2018. If BC needs help, ten why haven't they given an open announcement sooner because it's 6 months away?
>>
>>29413301
>Crashing the biggest MLP con
Why the hell did PT leave?
>>
>>29413316
Ponycon is one of the things that started a big conversation. They were the second biggest MLP con and they lost 65% of their attendance in one year without any real reason for it.
Everyone here is afraid that might happen ot them too.
>>
>>29413322
From what I understand and recall from discussing this with PT (Keep in mind this was back in 2014), she claims that many of her fellow con-staff were conspiring to get her to leave her position as they did not like the direction she was taking the convention in, they grew tired of her in terms of interpersonal interaction, or both. Eventually she claimed they stressed her out to the point of extreme paranoia, and had bankrupted her, so she stepped down.

Of course this is from the position of the person in question, and from what I recall rather vague, could very well be that she was a fucking lunatic and they had good reason to get her to leave.

I'd be curious to hear if anybody has more information on the matter.
>>
>>29413375
trip off
>>
>>29413375
trips
she
her
>>
>>29413375

Fuck off Allen Wrench.
>>
>>29413375
Well, it wouldn't surprise me because PJT can be a handful to be around with by the looks of how she act IRL and Twitter. I respect her for creating BC but I rather keep my distance. Tried to get close to her in the old days not in that way and I'm glad I didn't.
>>
>>29413422
>>29413375
PT didn't create BC. She just took credit for it and threatened anyone who actually created BC with cries of "transphobic!" if they pointed it out.
>>
Trans pussy
>>
>>29413503
axe wound*
>>
I'm a grunt in the bcon pyramid, shit does seem shaky. any way to contact you op in secrecy?
>>
Another BC staffer here. Just wanted to remind everyone that con chairs jumped ship last year.

^:)
>>
I'm not really sure how I could do that without a ton of other people jumping on as well...
we could go into an IRC server maybe?
>>
Ponycon Head here.

If this information is in fact true, we will possibly be competing with Bronycon for survival.
>>
I doubt I'll go if this is true. At that point bronycon will just be another east cost con. Id rather save up for babs or something.
>>
>>29412743
>>29414000
M8'S, bronycon already sold its soul a few years ago. proof in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKxvh-zY-R0
>>
>fandom is finally on its last breaths

About time
>>
>>29414241
I don't think this fandom is going anywhere any time soon
>>
>>29414250
the ride ends
with your life and the bandwagon,it ends

finally...
>two hours later
>there's a trailer today that hypes up everything
well fuck
>>
File: Best Healer.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Best Healer.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>29414241
Silly Anon: fandoms never die.
>>
>>29412743
>trying to expand into other things besides ponies, both spitting on bronies and failing to attract new people

This shit didn't work when Trotcon tried it, why is Bronycon making the same mistake?
>>
File: this hurts.jpg (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
this hurts.jpg
177KB, 1920x1080px
>>29412743
Why this need to be so big in big places?
Why don't do this in june ~july?
Why don't do this smaller?
Why theres no /mlp/ room?

It's all your own fault.
>>
>>29412743
F
>>
>>29415296
If that's meant to be a clue and I think it means what I think it means then my answer is
"yes"
>>
>>29414401
Dying conventions still are contracted to their venue. You have to fill the convention center somehow and at least break even.
>>
I told you.

I kept telling you every single day since 2012.

But you just wouldn't listen.

Now you have it.
>>
From an email posted by Horse News
http://dlvr.it/NJ67lb

"TL;DR: This year, BronyCon will include other properties, but My Little Pony’s still our main focus. It’s a brave new world for all of us!
This year, BronyCon is expanding in some exciting new directions. We want to get everyone on board as soon as possible so we can all get to work on taking these new elements and making them first-class parts of the awesomeness that is BronyCon. However, please remember that this is a sneak peek for BronyCon staff only, so don’t tell anyone outside of staff about this until we announce it to the world.
For the last few years we’ve watched our attendees bring interests outside of My Little Pony to BronyCon through their music, cosplay, panel submissions, and merchandise. In order to keep up with those growing interests, and to bring new fans into our community, the Convention Committee got together to brainstorm ideas for the future of the convention. Taking those ideas as inspiration, we created a new vision for BronyCon as "a geek culture convention celebrating media that transcends generation and brings people together."
So, what does this actually mean for BronyCon? Well, for starters, pony isn’t going anywhere—we can’t have BronyCon without ponies! But it does mean that we’ll be dipping our toes into new waters and seeing what things make good complements for My Little Pony. We built BronyCon around My Little Pony because it’s a show that unites people from of different walks of life, so whatever we choose to bring in needs to express those same values. For this year, we’ve decided to introduce Pokémon and have an expanded focus on tabletop and video games."
>>
>>29415317
Okay yes I know who you are now. I'm not surprised at the direction this con is going. I left the staff last year and I remember some people talking about this idea. You said they most likely wouldn't do it.
Sounds like they decided to go through with it. Will you be leaving?
>>
>>29415433
They are going to get fucking destroyed by Otakon.
>>
>>29415448
Isn't Otakon a week or two early in the exact same building?
>>
Bronycon is the same weekend as Otakon. There's a ton of crossover fans that have to choose.
>>
>>29415451
It used to be, this year they moved to DC and it's on the same weekend
>>
>>29415451
Nah, it's in DC around the same time. But if you wanted to go to a pop culture convention, you'd go there. But it's not like non-MLP fans are even going to go to nu-BronyCon. Nor will MLP fans.

>A Hasbro-run convention will probably be a better MLP convention than the original fan convention
>>
>>29415451
No. Its moved to DC and is the same weekend.
>>
>>29415433
Whelp, looks like I'm not the only one leaking stuff. The person who sent that to horse news wasn't me
>>
>>29415457
>>29415470
>same weekend
Oh shit it--
>DC
...are all con-heads idiots?
>>
>>29415477
BC being the same weekend in Baltimore would be retarded even if they were a pony-only con still. Being a pop culture con confirms that the staff of BC is completely retarded.
>>
>>29415501
I more mean about DC making Baltimore look San Francisco.
Otacon people are going to get robbed and raped like nobody's business.
>>
>>29415477
It was the only date we could get with the venue. At the time we booked it Otakon hadn't announced their dates. We were locked in already
>>
File: Bad idea.png (97KB, 789x296px) Image search: [Google]
Bad idea.png
97KB, 789x296px
>>29412743
If that were not enough...
>>
>>29415501
This really. Its like a 45 minute trip to DC. Why would you go to ponycon if you wanted pop culture?
>>
>>29415514
Baltimore is a much, much shittier city than DC. Otakon is in a convention center that's right fucking next to the National Mall.
>>
>>29415519
Its still gonna fuck over bronycons attendance. You should have downsized when you found out rather than try to directly compete with a con that's been around for decades.
>>
>>29415519
You should have moved to the same venue Otacon did. Bronycon seemed to make a lot of extra attendance by being the weekend before/after Otacon, especially because vendors would go out for the whole week and cover 2 conventions.
>>
File: eneny.png (283KB, 793x379px) Image search: [Google]
eneny.png
283KB, 793x379px
And less than a month later
>>
>>29415550
Definitely. But we're locked into a much longer contract than otakon was. We couldn't move
>>
>>29415561
Otakon is locked into a contract for the next decade practically.
>>
>>29415561
That bites. The contract was what I figured happened.

I'd say bite the bullet and make it a furry-friendly convention. If furries do anything they fill seats and buy merch. You'll break even at least.
>>
>>29415569
They're better off going slight furry. Why would vidya and pokemon people go to a pony convention when they got otakon? Furry people can at least pander a bit for pony.
>>
>>29415569
That's exactly what I told them but they wanted to go with pokemon instead
>>
>>29415569
That's actually less viable than making it a pop culture con. See >>29413089 and >>29413139
>>
>>29415582
Pokemon is gonna be at otacon. The reception in the BCC is so terrible you couldn't even try to get a pokemon go event going.
>>
File: furry and brony.png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
furry and brony.png
2MB, 1280x960px
>bronycon being just a little part of anthrocon

This is worse than death.
>>
>>29412979
Ponycon announced they were dead last year and then made a bunch of changes. Basically they wiped out all their past momentum and then hoped for the best.

Pony in general feels to be winding down, though. There are still fans, but not passionate involved fans. There aren't new major names cropping up and getting real recognition these days.

Brony "analysts" were the last wave of horse fame.

Certainly these cons are based on the show, but their real center was the fandom. EqD is dying too. The cons can't have more than but two years in them.
>>
>>29415641
There are just too many of them on top of it. Way too many of them. If Ponycon and Bronycon had consolidated their resources they might have had more time in them.
>>
File: cute.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
This happens when people forgot that the reason to all this exist is because ponies are cute.
>>
File: twilicorn.png (180KB, 1014x788px) Image search: [Google]
twilicorn.png
180KB, 1014x788px
>>29415654
There are a million "would-a-could-a" things leading to the fandom dying down, but personally I just blame Hasbro. They initiated this back in season 3 when they changed the main character to sell a new toy in the short term, then later blew up a set piece to sell another toy in the short term. Everything Hasbro did with MLP was short-term thinking. They assumed the show was a glorified toy commercial that needed to be bilked while it was airing then sold off to syndication at the end of season 3.

As we now enter season 7, Hasbro is finally launched their own con and finally releasing show-accurate toys, but they spent the six years prior obliterating all the magic the show had for people.

7 years is a long run for a kid's show, but what could have sustained the fandom is if the show always felt like it had consistency and like there were things there to care about. You start changing the characters, blowing up set pieces, and everyone eventually throws up their hands and says they can't be bothered to invest intellectually.

I'm still here. The ponies are cute. I still love to draw them because they're damned adorable, but I know nothing in the show matters anymore. There's no "canon" or overarching vision keeping it all together. There are no mysteries in Equestria - it's all arbitrary.

Without any of the above to inspire people, how were they ever going to hold on to the adults? MLP stumbled into an older audience because its original staff were Emmy winners who previously wrote for older audiences, but Hasbro treated their product like it was disposable and, unfortunately for them, are only just now trying to foster this thing they had without understanding how it began in the first place or how they destroyed it.

Nobody in the fandom is really to blame here. We all knew this was going to happen eventually after Princess Twilight. It's just that we held on for quite a while.
>>
>>29412743
The twitter confirmed a bronycon 2018. Hopefully the people working there understand how to budget , unlike ponycon. I expect them to work with otakon next year for better scheduling.
>>
>>29415756
You know that organizers can't just "work together for better scheduling", right? BCC fills up literally years in advance and so does whatever Otakon's new venue is, presumably. Their hands are tied.
>>
>>29415756
budgeting yourself so you succeed with a 50% loss? I think that's extremely conservative budgeting. Any convention would be in trouble if they lost 65% of their atendees without any warning
>>
>>29415754
I disagree. Part of what gave the fandom so much energy was Hasbro having no good merch for the show and no real idea how to market it to adults. We saw so much creativity from the adult fanbase, from plushies to custom figures.

Now? Why would I buy a $400 plushie when I can get a 4de one for $12 on Amazon?
>>
>>29415772
Ideally you use your pre-registration as the gauge. Relying too much on walk-ups or last minute prereg is poor planning
>>
>>29412743
>Source: My Ass
>pls blive me wont post proof
The only reason bronycon did a bit lousy last year compared to the previous years, was because of the date switch.

In fact one of my buddies at school actually does work at Bronycon, for the past 3 years I've known him, if I see him tomorrow why don't I ask him to see how high your bullshit level is?
>>
>>29415772
Considering Ponycon declared they were shuttered at the end of last year's con and had less than 1000 attendees this year, "proper budgeting" would really have been not to hold the con at all.

Speaking of, if Bronycon is making a panic grab into other fandoms, does anyone know if it's because of Ponycon? Ponycon died because they made an obvious and fatal mistake. I imagine big cons like Bronycon and Babs are probably going to continue sinking, but much more gradually.
>>
>>29415781
Contracts get signed about six months in advance if you're lucky, sometimes it's up to a year. You don't get a good idea of final registration numbers until about a month out
>>
>>29415793
Yes do that
>>
>>29415798
Bronycon doesn't hold the same opinion, hence the sudden change in direction
>>
>>29415778
>Plushes
Why would you buy a $1,000 plush indeed, anon? Hasbro catering to the desire for plush toys and playsets that resemble the actual show only stamps out an incredibly niche cottage industry occupied by like ten people. In fact, name me ten widely known plush makers from the early years. I only know one, maybe two.

Those guys are so far from the center of the fandom that if the fandom rotated a little they'd fly right off the edge at light speed.
>>
>>29415559
Why do people think this seriously presents a problem? Like holy shit, it's only Hasbro stuff, stuff that isn't even at Bronycon.
>>
>>29415818
How many years did they agree for?
>>
>>29415844
Because if the voice and writing/artistic talent get bought up by hasbro con, it'll make talent for other cons difficult to get.
>>
>>29412992
>friendly

I know too many furries to believe this.
>>
File: dor mamma.jpg (36KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
dor mamma.jpg
36KB, 240x320px
If this were true, why wouldn't they announce it when ticket sales went up? It seems like a poor business model to secretly do this, you wouldn't even get their attention until the con is over, you'd want to announce it early to attract their attention so they'd come. Not secretly at the con.

That just causes this whole thing to reek of bullshit. Like maybe if OP said 2018 they were considering it, but this fact alone just should make it obvious.
>>
File: Soarin pout.gif (4MB, 518x510px) Image search: [Google]
Soarin pout.gif
4MB, 518x510px
>>29415433
>Gargoyles had regular conventions for about 15 years
>Transformers had conventions for ~30 years and only stopped due to Hasbro
>fucing JEM still has regular conventions
>My Little Pony isn't even over and the convention scene is dying.

Man, I've been lurking this fandom since 2011 and this year is the one year I managed to have enough saved up to go to to a pony con, but if I'm going to go to a pony con, I'd want it to be a fucking pony con.

The fucking G1 convention scene lasted longer than this, what the fuck.
>>
>>29415849
I think it was til 2020 something.
>>
>>29415849
I'm not entirely sure to be honest
>>
>>29415855
>Because if the voice
This is probably the only talent that'll go, but it's not like there's such things at a monopoly of convention appearances. I've seen people appear at cons a month apart. On top of that, you have to factor this isn't JUST an MLP con. They'll only have a fraction of them there compared to Bronycon.

>and writing
This isn't that likely, the con is for families, I doubt they know who the writing staff is.

>artistic talent
Who are you talking about, the comic artists? Same as VAs, in fact they go to more cons than anyone if anything. It's not like it's a monopoly. And it's a month apart too. But this isn't a fandom con, so you won't have any fan artists.
>>
>They're including Pokemon

I cant help but wonder what /vp/ would think of this.
>>
>>29415978
You want to take the risk?
>>
>>29415982
I dunno, man. I got tempbanned for accidentally using a pony reaction on accident once already.
>>
>>29415754
I'm not sure I agree that "no one n the fandom is to blame here" - there are certainly a fair number of fuckups in the con business that directly lead to their diminishment compared to how it was - but I do think you have a point: Cons feed, in may respects, on fandom enthusiasm. And while there may still be appreciation for the show, enthusiasm has definitely wound down as a result of where the show has ended up.
>>
The bronycon people aren't even outright denying it.
>>
>>29415891
Jesus. I hope they can get out of that agreement.
>>
>>29412743
Pokemon fans aren't gonna go to Bronycon if Pokemon is merely a secondary focus to ponies. Meanwhile, I sure as hell don't want to go to a convention featuring fandoms I'm not a part of.
>>
>>29415849

Until then we're stuck in Baltimore with all the BLM protestors and gang members. I'll be surprised if it gets moved to WEW in the future but considering staff is talking about downsizing it should be moved further out. Fingers crossed for Stafford/Fredericksburg Expo Center since it's only a 30 minute drive from me.
>>
It's not necessarily a bad thing. Sure, BronyCon is the biggest of the pony conventions, but it doesn't help to diversify. There was a bit of a drop-off in attendance in 2016 when compared to 2015, and it's hard to tell how long the brony fandom will remain as big as it has been. In the end, when it comes to long-term survival, it can only mean good things in the end. Plus, when I was at BronyCon last year there plenty there in either Pokemon or video-game related cosplay, so the potential is there.
>>
>>29416335
Bronycon was such a bust last year because it was on 4th of July weekend.
>>
>>29416347
This. Also Otakucon was about a week away and overall attendance didn't drop too significantly due to that.
>>
>>29416335
A slight drop off? 2016 was the smallest convention they ever hosted in Baltimore. It was smaller than their first move in 2013. It's also the smallest they've ever been without a strict cap on attendance. That's not a slight drop off.
>>
>>29416453
wasn't 2015 over 10,000 people? What was 2016's attendance like?
>>
>>29416457
According to Wikipedia, 7,609. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BronyCon
>>
>>29416473
That's still a substantial amount of people.
>>
>>29412743
I only attended Bronycon 2013 and even the alicorn bomb had just been dropped it was still very lively. I think this con can survive anything, even S6.
>>
>>29416453
>>29416473
You still have to keep in mind 2016s con was scheduled almost a full month before their usual early August weekend date. I guarantee you that if they would have went with the 13th-14th attendance would have beat 2013 by a couple hundred and possibly crossing the 9,000 threshold.
>>
>>29416523
People say this a lot because their con chair said it to cover a loss on his last year. But where's the proof?
>>
>>29416543
Of them saying that or it being true in general? There's many aspects and speculation on why the con did so poorly this year and what the main cause for it was.
>>
File: njmkjhbn.png (37KB, 398x530px) Image search: [Google]
njmkjhbn.png
37KB, 398x530px
The wave has crested
>>
>>29416917
That's really only because of the date change, everyone knows that.
>>
>>29412965

As an SU fan, I wouldn't attend this dreck. Even I have standards.
>>
>>29416917
'Tis but a dip on the way upwards!
>>
>>29417074
Right, which is why they're all panicking... Right?
>>
>>29418181
I am seeing they had explosive growth whenever there was a date change. So date change now means loss? I call BS.
>>
>>29418262
You mean they had explosive growth in 2012-2013, when the entire fandom was on a rocket trajectory. They could have scheduled it any day of the year and had massive growth those years.
>>
>>29418262
Except the most recent change was 4 days after Independance Day. I'm not sure how many people will want to go to a con so soon after a holiday.
>>
>>29416917
Wow people are growing up.
maybe you should consider it too someday
>>
Why Pokémon? There why not Sonic or furries or Steven Universe?
>>
>>29419006
I'm guessing they just gotta start somewhere if they wanna try it. I mean, that's extremely narrow if they're calling themselves "geek culture," so maybe this year is just a small test of the waters?
>>
>>29413448
I never claimed she solely created BC, learn to read fgt.
>>
>>29419283

Going for Pokemon also allows them to host tournaments during the event, remember that there are VGC and TCG tournaments.

>>29419006
>There why not Sonic or furries or Steven Universe?

Sonic fans have standards, they're not that high but they've got 'em. Also, "fans" like CWC are aren't the ones attending conventions.

>Furries

Furries aren't fans of Bronies, the same is also true when reversed. I can also imagine the staff wanting to avoid a Rainfurrest-style fiasco.

>Steven Universe

Still too small a fanbase to justify adding 'em, SU fans that are also MLP fans are rare as fuck for the same reason that covers furries.
>>
>>29412743
[proofs needed]
>>
>>29419321
I thought Nintendo were real bastards about their IP, though, so it would cost them a bunch of licensing to do anything with Poke'mon. You have to drop a couple thousand just to "test" whether it's a good idea.
>>
>>29419325
See the HN article for the gist of the email.

I'm also BC staff, but I don't think anyone's stupid enough to name themselves here to satisfy everyone's threshold for 'truth'. Between NDAs and potentially getting fired for political BS, it's not worth it.
>>
>>29419321
But furries have money and they go to conventions.

Pokemon fans aren't going to care about going to a MLP event.
>>
>>29412746
>>29413074
>>29413088
>>29413129
>>29413148
>>29413190
>>29413255
>>29419325
Please read the thread before commenting, it really helps
>>
File: ponyirl.png (112KB, 359x531px) Image search: [Google]
ponyirl.png
112KB, 359x531px
>>29414319
but they definitely fade away
>>
>>29419321
Are people going to pay over 40 USD to enter an unofficial Pokemon tournament?
>>
>>29419463
>Unofficial Poke'mon tournament
>7k attendees
You mean a "lawsuit". And it won't be much of a tournament because court costs around $50k. It'll become an official Poke'mon settlement pretty quickly.
>>
>>29419552
Unless The Pokemon Company doesn't allow them to.
>>
>>29419463
>>29419552
>>29420232

Pokemon TCG fag here. Cons can hold unsanctioned (in other words, without TPCi's say-so) tournaments without issue and have, they just can't charge an entry fee and profit off of the tournament and need to have a TCG/VGC judge on staff. Wondercon holds a tournament every time they host the con too.
>>
>>29419395

Right, but furries hate the MLP fandom and have a bad rap (hence why I mentioned the Rainfurrest fiasco).
>>
>>29420384
>furries hate the MLP fandom
Furries hating on furries, isn't it wonderful?
>>
File: 1473361369207.png (697KB, 4000x4200px) Image search: [Google]
1473361369207.png
697KB, 4000x4200px
>Mfw this thread reminded me that I'm a disgusting newfag
>I will never experience the fandom and conventions at their peak
>Only got on the tail end of the ride
Doesn't feel good lads.
>>
>>29420740
Don't feel too bad. After the cons all go supernova they'll shrink to white dwarf sizes and be more community centric again.
>>
File: Dash_Being_Silly.gif (2MB, 462x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dash_Being_Silly.gif
2MB, 462x400px
>>29420806
I sure hope so. Maybe things aren't so bad as they may seem.
>>
>>29420806
That's what Ponycon felt like this year. It was pure community and fun
>>
>>29420840
Ponycon was ded, anon. The trouble with cons as small as Ponycon is that vendors can't make any money, organizers can't make money, and therefore nothing can be afforded and you'll wind up with less of everything.
>>
>>29420740
I've been part of this since the beginning, never been to a horse con, and now it looks like I'm never going to go to one.

Doesn't really feel like much of anything to me, but maybe that's because I was never a normie socialite.
>>
>>29420888
The vendors all did pretty well actually
>>29420840
Definitely. It's funny, if people here on 4chan stopped complaining so much about how conventions are dying, and actually went to conventions, things would be in a much better place right now. It's weird when someone complains about how cons are lacking some big thing, yet the con they're complaining about made that one of their biggest focuses. They would know that if they bothered to show up...
>>
Check the BC tumblr, they've just posted about this!
>>
"Plus, think of how much easier it will be to finally drag that stubborn friend along! ADDED BONUS."

Haha, yeah right, sure that's gonna fucking happen.
>>
http://blog.bronycon.org/post/156911282148/bronycon-better-together
>>
>>29421026
"Every year brings more gaming cosplays, more Steven Universe EPs, more Undertale art in the marketplace and more totally out there meme-ry."
>>
File: better together.png (43KB, 618x308px) Image search: [Google]
better together.png
43KB, 618x308px
>>
>>29421040
>it's a literal quote
>>
>>29421069
>inb4 PurpleTinker retweets how she'd never let that happen and starts a pityshitshow.
>>
>>29421026
>Better Together

FUCKING DROPPED
>>
>>29421040
>They actually reference SU and Undertale fandom, the only people more insufferable than brownies.
>>
>>29421070
it speaks for itself
>>
>>29421108
You're forgetting Homestuck
>>
Atleast its not the sonic fandom.
>>
>>29421118
that is literally the WORSE fandoms... like that emily pegasister chick.
>>
>>29421125
I mean I'd be daddy to her kid she had on Dr. Phil
>>
File: 63227185.jpg (109KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
63227185.jpg
109KB, 400x400px
>>29412746
>>29413088
>>29413101
>>29413129
>>29413148
>>29413172
>>29413190
>>29413258
>>29415793
FUCKING REKT
>>
>>29420977
When you say "well", do you mean "broke even on hotel costs and made three work days worth of profit"? Or do you mean "Didn't go irredeemably in the red"? Because I doubt every vendor goes home from a tiny con with more cash in their pockets than before they arrived.
>>
Apparently BC isnt struggling, and decided to set the changes up likely to boost sales for anything lost to otakon and to fill the gap it left after moving. Considering alot of people did both cons in the same place. OP made a mountian out of a less severe issue. Only time will tell if theyre a success or if 2018 removes them. They said it was an experiment.
>>
>>29421222
So long as smaller cons keep a realistic cap on their dealer hall sizes, some small time vendors actually do better at those shows than large conventions. The big time vendors won't do as well but can still make a profit.
>>
>>29421222
As a vendor from Bronycon 2013 and 2014, I paid for my hotel, ticket, table, and walked out with a good $800 in my pocket. It's not going to replace your day job but people overpay at conventions.
>>
>>29421222
The first one
>>
A bigger game hall is a great idea. Not sure if opening up to non pony panels is. Tho i dont really care if they have extra room for it, and it doesnt effect or lessen pony content.
>>
>>29421263
Eh they could do with replacing some of the pony panels I mean shit go look at their youtube. most of the pony panel rooms are fucking empty as hell
>>
>>29421263
Up~ from experience with running my con, games are fucking popular. We have people that stay in there all day and don't bother with a single horse panel.

I'm mostly sceptical about this idea increasing attendance. Non-bronies won't give too shits enough to come just for a Steven Universe panel
>>
>>29421277
A lot of the panels are jokes. You're not going to get the same crowd at the Dazzling cosplay in character whatever the fuck this is panel as you would the VAs or writers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQPEFRNt_WM&t=41s
>>
>>29421291
Maybe this is a good change. Cuts the crap in favor of potentially better stuff.
>>
>>29421291
Aria has a thicc ass
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX14TlMKgKI

How do people do this?
>>
>>29421291
These girls are constantly cunts. They put on this sweet act, but then talk shit about all their "fans" when they think nobody is looking.
>>
That's hat you get for electing a racist president.
Not even a month in and everything is already turning to shit
>>
>>29421451
Oh do tell. They not actual fans of the show just in it for the attention or something?
>>
>>29421493
I think they like the show, but have just let the attention get to their heads. They beg cons to let them go a guests and then show up, run a cringy panel, and then complain when people complement them in any manner that they don't deem acceptable.
I know one of them is Bloo, but I can't remember the other two's names off the top of my head.
>>
>>29421509
Bloo is the hottest one up there hooves down.
>>
>>29421451
Well now I know who you are. Whatever your beef with Sarah is, keep going. I'm enjoying this.
>>
>>29421509
I mean, I've been following Bloo for a while. She always seems pretty light hearted and fun.
>>
>>29421542
>stalking
>>
>>29421546
>What is twitter and Facebook.
>>
>>29421555
Those are good places to start.
>>
>>29421546
Other than stalking these girls, what is the point of what they do? We're talking bottom rung performers that go to conventions and let you live out your fantasy of talking to Rainbow Dash Girl or whatever. Having delusions about them seems like kind of the point.

I've met these girls before and didn't even know they were a panel. I thought they were modestly enthused cosplayers who bought their outfits last year and wanted to have an excuse to wear them again.
>>
>>29421691
Any of them THICC?
>>
>>29415522

Staffer for Bronycon for 4 years here.

I love you horsefuckers, but Otakon is my lifeblood. They fucked themselves royally by trying to compete. I haven't heard of any of these changes but if anything flies my wait, I'll shitpost on here.

I will miss getting that 5 year staffer award tho ;__;
>>
>>29421731
Very few women are properly thicc in real life, anon. Most go straight to fat, minus the exceptionally lucky few who put all their weight in their thighs and breasts. I only know of a few girls that really fit the description and only one who actually jumped cup sizes faster than she put weight around her stomach.

You might imagine that girl would be thrilled, but she actually hated it. Bras are expensive, and once you start pushing into g-cup territory they don't make much cute underwear anymore. All of it is functional only. Also nobody sells clothes that fit a girl with such absurd hourglass proportions.
>>
>>29421867
Spandex and sportsbras
>>
>>29421772 They fucked themselves royally by trying to compete. I haven't heard of any of these changes

Brah wasnt there an email that went out to all of the horse fuckers workers that said these changes were going to be made even before it went public? Also didn't horse con release their dates BEFORE otakon? shit anon get your shit together
>>
>>29421879
>Brah wasnt there an email that went out to all of the horse fuckers workers that said these changes were going to be made

Yeah, Horse News posted it
>>
File: [minnesotas internally].png (174KB, 834x1024px) Image search: [Google]
[minnesotas internally].png
174KB, 834x1024px
>>29420806
and then the show will git gud again and we'll have another massive pony boom, and fresh new cons will rise from the ashes?
This would be amazing, because we might as well have some fun on this never-ending ride.
>>
>>29421987
Nah. Larson did an interview where he explained that writing scripts for the show had become a real pain in the ass. He'd turn in a script and then get two pages of requested changes. He politely described it as "too many cooks", but I can image he would have really liked to say it's like having a bunch of dicks in your face while you try to write a kid's show, and they keep slapping you in the eye.

No quality of writer can save a show from that sort of administrative incompetence. Especially if the dicking is coming from everyone higher on the ladder than you.
>>
>>29422056
He's also said that because the shows so popular, nearly everyone at Hasbro and DHX are trying to get their name on it someway or another. Which is impacting the show quite a bit.
>>
>>29412955
>it's going to turn existing people away.
THIS
>>
>>29414586
THIS
>>
>>29415754
the show can still be salvaged, they can rebuild. we might have a rough patch the next few year but I think there's a good chance for the franchise to be better than it ever was if they handle things properly.

there's still a strong enough adult fanbase, with new young fans coming in every year. Now we have an officially sponsored convention.
If the movie doesn't bomb, there's nothing to stop them from continuing to prop up the series.

Admittedly I have some misgivings about Haber continuing to helm the writing, but there's not much that can be done about that except hope for the best.
>>
>>29413528
GPG is bae bby
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Privacy_Guard
>>
>>29422456
It is pretty easy to bring the show back really.
>>
It was sad. They put up the attendance numbers during the closing ceremony and said something like "Okay, we get it, you like August better" and announced the new dates..

Then about a week later, I found out Otakon (in its new DC location) is going to be the same weekend, I just shook my head and said GG.
>>
>>29422845
Is Otakucon trying to take our congoers away?
>>
>>29415534
Baltimore is also a much cheaper city than DC, and is only slightly shittier.
>>
>>29422191
I knew about the "too many cooks" stuff, but this... This really bothers me. Obviously he wouldn't have named names, but did he give anything more specific?
>>
Finally i could go to a pony convention, finally i had the enough money to travel from another country, the next weekend i was planing to start to collect all the documents for my visa, and then this note...

Do you know a pony con that feels like the old days, friends told me that cons are not as they used to be... so i wonder if i may go to Babs Con... but Brony con with this change... i really feel disappointed and at this moment for me... is a no go... it's really sad because i really wait a lot for this... so please if you could recomend me one... it is a dream for me to attend one real pony convention... but now i feel like this dream is fading away..
>>
>>29423336
None seem like the old days anymore. It's impossible to replicate that. There was much more wonder and awe back then with everything being so fresh. I went to a really small and hardly known one in St. Louis where the organizers there didn't even seem to know anything about the the con community at large. It was super isolated from everything. But even there, I couldn't go anywhere without hearing some people talk shit about Final Draft, who has not even been relavent for two years, and the musician's panel was listening to them talk shit on Silva Hound for an hour. The old days are gone.
>>
>>29415754
>They assumed the show was a glorified toy commercial that needed to be milked while it was airing then sold off to syndication at the end of season 3.
well yeah
why would they invest so much effort into something that was for little kids?
the show was certainly supposed to have ended with S3 then they were to move on to EqG and whatever new thing after that
it was the FANDOM making the show so popular that kept the show going
it showed them that adults liked the show too and they renewed the show while it was still airing new eps
that's why we didn't have a year off between seasons:
>S1 = something new, so lets be cautious
>S2 = lets do some more interesting things
>S3 = time to wrap it up and move on to the next project
>S4 = how do we make something work that we had no intention to expand on?
>S5 = okay, we're getting back into the flow of things with some world building
>S6 = with the mandated new characters, lets ease the audience in to them, but lets also expand on a few things we never touched on before
>S7 = ???
>Movie = hopefully it does well enough to continue this G4 for a while longer
the reason why they waited so long was because they didn't ant to invest a years worth of product development if the fandom suddenly died
same goes for making their own convention, they needed to make sure they could make a profit
now that the fandom has settled and they can see all the average numbers involving cons and fanmade merch, they KNOW they can do it too
>>
Welp, looks like I'll be saving up to go to babs instead. RIP brownie con.
>>
>>29423336
I've been to many cons. Multiple per year. Here is how I rate the most recent I've been to

>Ciderfest
Cant say I liked it as much as year 1. It was more kid friendly this year and that was disappointing. At first it was like bro-con.
>Trotcon
It too is supposed to become more of a general con, however, it was an amazing con. 24 hours of panels a day, adult themed con. Lots of booze and fun.
>Fillycon
Small con but I enjoyed it. Reminded me of small starter cons back in 2013
>EFNW
Didnt go last year but it was fun. The concert was good, the people are fun, and the con center is cool. I liked it.
>Crystal Fair
It really feels like a small con from 2013. concert is ehh, but the people are a lot of fun and the panels are enjoyable and everyone gets involved in them. A lot of channers there too.
>Bronycon
Didnt go last year but damn it makes me sad its come to this. I dont think I will be going this year.
>>
>>29415514
>>29422969
>They fell for the DC is a war zone meme
>>
>>29424991
This last year's Ciderfest probably would have been my favorite if they kept more of the 18+ "after dark" panels. I could have done with less comments about the election too.
>>
>>29424991
I thought trotcon was staying pony and they were also having a nonpony con?
>>
>>29425118
Idk, maybe I just had a bad time. I left cider with a bad taste in my mouth. I had some crazy parties but it just wasnt as fun of an atmosphere. the fun didnt come naturally this time. We had to actually work to keep the hype up.
>>
File: Capture.png (156KB, 355x468px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
156KB, 355x468px
>>29425127
Pic related. But Idk what that will mean for the con. Honestly I've never seen anything besides ponies at the con. Either way, its the only 18+ pony con I know of with shit going on all day. I would wake up at like 6pm and party until 6am it was great.
>>
>>29423336
BABScon is definitely a good one to go to, as there is a higher horsefucker presence than you will find at Bronycon. I find Bronycon to be better for people watching, as you can definitely find the cringiest of the cringy there, due to the sheer size of the event.

BABScon strikes that perfect middle between being big enough that you can get a lot of cool stuff, yet small enough that it does not lose its personal touch - something Bronycon has lost long ago.
>>
I might try going to a furry con
>>
So does this make BABS the largest Pony Con now?

Also BABS is gonna be lit this year from what I am hearing. I'm telling everyone to get there this year.
>>
>>29425235
Go to a cuddle party.
>>
>>29423336
I'd say still go. They even said in their announcement they are only adding a little bit of non-pony. Also if you even looked around there was a ton of non pony stuff there the last few years. like i remember last year all the Deadpool cosplayers, the master chief costumes, all the undertale costumes. and all the different things that were sold in the vendor hall that wasn't pony.

the community itself has shown they want more than just pony. you're just being a whiny bitch that its not stricly 100% pony and honestly shame on you. So fucking uptight to preach " love and Tolerate!" yet when there is even the slightest bit of change its people like you that scream "DO NOT WANT!" practice what you preach and lead by example.
>>
>>29425800
A what? I just think itll be fun to go to another degenerate con. What I loved about pony cons was how ridiculous it all was and the care free atmosphere where the main focus was fun not image. Comic cons and anime cons arent really like that.
>>
>>29426726
It's exactly what it sounds like. Furries like to cuddle.
>>
>>29426753
Is cuddling all that happens?
>>
>>29425468
Yes it does

BronyCon forfeits the right to call themselves the largest when they've transitioned to "Geek Culture" in general.
They'd now be tiny compared to everyone else in that group
>>
>>29426767
More can happen but it's strict about where you do it and who with. It's supposed to be a comfortable setting not an excuse to have an orgy.
>>
>>29426695
It is confusing as heck what they are planning, or how this non-pony content is being implemented.
>>
>>29426767
No, you astounding faggot

All furfags gay nazi's, too, you're going to get frotted to hell and back
>>
>>29426798
So that's why Rainfurrest turned into a degenerate orgy with furries flinging shit-filled diapers onto random people's cars?
>>
>>29426849
I don't even know what that is.
>>
>>29423336
Ponycon is the best one. Hands down
>>
>>29427111
http://ponycon.us/help
So good they can't sell enough tickets to fund their con.
>>
>>29425146
How's the horsefucker presence at EFNW? I checked the BABScon dates and I can't make it. They managed to pick literally the worst possible weekend for me out of the entire year.
>>
>>29427131
They put on the best show out of all of them. Ticket sales didn't reflect the quality unfortunately
>>
>>29427133
They claimed to have grown to a size larger than BABS. It felt about the same to me. It's a fun con.
>>
>>29426695
>" love and Tolerate!"
You don't visit this site very often, do you
>>
>>29426800
eqd says they will be opening up panels to other fandoms
>>
>>29427133
No idea how many horsefuckers go to everfree but berrytube is there
>>
>>29425143
>Pony and Western Animation
This is probably a smarter way of phrasing it than calling it "Pony Plus Steven Universe!"

Your primary thing is pony, obvious, because it has to be, but you'd have some other panels and see if that draws in more people. Gradually, as you start doing less pony stuff and more general animation, you drop "Pony and animation" to just "animation".
>>
File: dmfg.png (225KB, 576x316px) Image search: [Google]
dmfg.png
225KB, 576x316px
>>29427554
Steven Universe is Animated in Korea.

It's not even "Western Animation"
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (130KB, 1080x1848px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
130KB, 1080x1848px
>>29421026
no

this does NOT expand dong
>>
>>29421026
If there was any doubt left of me not going, this killed it. Saving my money for babs.
>>
>>29426876
You are not prepared
https://imgur.com/gallery/qcPC8
https://imgur.com/gallery/mkBay
>>
>>29427815
Practically everything is animated in Korea. And everything used to be animated in Japan.

If we counted outsourcing, "western animation" would barely exist outside of films.
>>
>>29427815
Who even does actual animation work in the West anymore? They export tweens to starving kids in the Mongolian steppe for everything now.
>>
File: 1485231554430.png (584KB, 746x710px) Image search: [Google]
1485231554430.png
584KB, 746x710px
>>29427913
You know that face you make when you're disgusted as fuck but still kind of laughing?
>>
>>29427815
The drudge shit is done in Korea, but it's pure Cal Arts shit.
>>
>>29415433
>TL;DR
Nice try faggot but normies don't say this
This whole thread is fake news
>>
>>29427913
These are what I was looking for. Be sure to scroll down because the really depraved shit, i.e. why RainFurrest is basically banned from every hotel in Washington State, doesn't kick in until well into the galleries.
>>
>>29428176
Whatever you say
https://twitter.com/BronyCon/status/828767089485893632
http://blog.bronycon.org/post/156911282148/bronycon-better-together

also
>normies
>bronies
pick one and only one
>>
>>29427815
That explains that one episode when they visited Korea and They (possibly) broke the 4th wall when they were animating the show within the show.
>>
>>29424991
>trotcon
Went last year (my first convention in general) and had a blast. Went by myself, met some cool people, and got fucked up at the party that Saturday. Very comfy to say the least.
>>
>>29428210
So what's gonna replace them?
>>
>>29426695
I want pony when I want pony, don't shove non-pony in my face when i'm at a pony con
>>
File: cunt destroyer.png (98KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
cunt destroyer.png
98KB, 318x318px
>>29412743
The only one close to me is Babscon and I'm a fun hating poorfag.
>>
>>29427133
I haven't been to EFNW yet, but this year will be my first year going there. I'm willing to take the chance and hopefully I'll find other horsefuckers there.

I still stand by BABScon though, so if you can make it - do it.
>>
>>29428797
>EFNW
I've never gone to a con, ever, but that one is the closest to me as well
I've been thinking of going, but I never seem to have the money when it's time
>>
>>29412743
Please, this has to be joke
I like the idea but all of you would kill me
>>
They shouldn't have even said anything, it was pointless to. I doubt much will actually be different, they should haven't even said anything. Because really what honestly is going to be different? It seemed like this was going to definitely be something blown out of proportion.
>>
>>29412743
They did that at trotcon and it still turned out great.
>>
>>29428292
Well fuck you anon. I want to go but I live on the east coast with probation to pay off and babs is literally happening on my birthday on the other side of the continent.
>>
>>29430088
That's because trot is a different kind of con. Trot has always been an adult con. Adding other things makes more like a pony + r34 con. Bronycon doing it makes it more like a pony + tumblr con. See the issue?
>>
File: you just lost.gif (922KB, 396x297px) Image search: [Google]
you just lost.gif
922KB, 396x297px
>>29430368
Heh, nothing personnel, kid.

My autism doesn't allow me to enjoy things with others, atleast not in public.
>>
This is just an excuse to try and get former ponyfags to go to the con right? No way they expect people who aren't interested in pony to actually show up
>>
>>29430430
Huh, interesting idea. Trying to recapture the bandwagoner demographic, maybe?
Thread posts: 292
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.