[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This show is best watched with a hot drink and some cookies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

This show is best watched with a hot drink and some cookies or something.
>>
File: muh nigga.jpg (8KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
muh nigga.jpg
8KB, 300x226px
>>29355501
>Keeping Up Appearances
>>
>>29355501
It's pronounced Spark-elle, dear.
>>
>>29355501
Amerifag here. Are there any Eurofags that can tell me how to make tea right? I hear Brits add milk to it. Is that true?
All I do is boil the tea bag in water and add sugar.
>>
>>29356177
Yes, Brits often take their tea with milk, but it's personal taste. Generally it's served tea brewed in a teapot and a side tray for the sugar cubes, lemon wedges, milk, and some scones or biscuits or other sweet bread to go with the tea.

Pour boiling water over tea bag(s)
Steep 3-5 minutes
Remove tea bag(s)

Optional:
* A small amount of milk; eyeball it and add about 1-2 tbsp worth
* 1-2 tsp of sugar
>>
>>29356177
It takes some experimenting to find your perfect balance but >>29356306 is pretty much bang on. Like, I find that the time it takes to fry up a bacon sandwich is the perfect brewing time.
But make sure you get a decent brand of tea, I hear most of the everyday stuff in the U.S. is cac.

The real debate is milk in cup before or after the tea
>>
>>29356364
the most popular tea in the US is Lipton's, then Tetley's. Snooty boots like Twinings.
>>
>>29356832
>Lipton's
Only soccer moms use that shit.
I usually buy my tea from a Chinese market near me.
>Snooty boots like Twinings.
I don't know what 3/4 of those words mean.
>>
>>29355501
Poor Richard, he should hang around with Onslow and Emmet more
>>
>>29356845
So, Lipton's is popular since there are a lot of soccer mom's. No judgement on taste, just saying. I'm a tea snob, myself, but most Amerifags aren't.

What was the one word you didn't comprehend, friend?
>>
>>29356921
>Snooty boots like Twinings.
What is snooty boots
What is twinings?
Are these British words?
>>
>>29356929
Twinings is a brand of tea in the US and UK. It has been branded as such for over 300 years. Snooty boots, folks who like to put on airs, so to speak, tend to drink Twinings because they feel it is fancy and "elite." The tea offered by Twinings has a mild flavor compared to other, more popular brands. The infusions offered under the Twinings label are fairly standard fair, but carrying the brand name also denotes an assumed superiority. Twinings tea, itself, is no different from Tetley, Lipton or other brands; Small leaves and powdered remnants litter the bags so as to infuse quicker than whole-leaf loose tea. Cheers!
>>
>>29356929
I'm from the US, btw
>>
>>29356832
Lipton's = Iced Tea.

For everything else, people use coffee or pg tips. And then there's herbal tea drinkers......
>>
>>29356856
Emmet is nice :)
Why hasn't anyone ponified KUA characters yet?
>>
>>29357025
We don't have PGTips here in the US, Unilever only supplies us with Lipton. I think it's because of the Pepsi alliance that markets Lipton, but that's just my own conjecture. I like some of the Teavana loose teas, but mostly I get my loose tea from a little Chinese place near me.
>>
>>29357045
That would be lovely! Not quite as lovely as the Royal Doulton with hand-painted periwinkles, but a worthy endeavor, none the less.
>>
File: boston-tea-party-3.jpg (264KB, 1960x1118px) Image search: [Google]
boston-tea-party-3.jpg
264KB, 1960x1118px
TEA > HARBOR
TAKE YOUR TAXES AND SHOVE IT
>>
bumpedy-dump
>>
>>29357071
>implying current day tax rate is any lower
Thanks Obama.
>>
File: 1432662020504.jpg (34KB, 362x336px) Image search: [Google]
1432662020504.jpg
34KB, 362x336px
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.