[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starlight was fearful of taking charge in the finale, but isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: x240-31J[1].jpg (34KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
x240-31J[1].jpg
34KB, 427x240px
Starlight was fearful of taking charge in the finale, but isn't taking charge exactly what she did here, in Every Little Thing She Does?

No concerns then
>>
>>29354124
It was an act of desperation to please mama Twilight
>>
>>29354132
But even before the spell, wasn't she technically in charge? After that she most certainly was, desperation or not surely?

I swear if one of you baneposts me I'll rip you to pieces
>>
>>29354157
I would say she was still nervois in this, and the fact that she dun fucked up made her fear of being in charge greater
>>
>>29354124
>>29354157
>>29354240
Do you feel in charge?
>>
>>29354249
Of what?
>>
File: You're a large individual.png (4MB, 1876x1528px) Image search: [Google]
You're a large individual.png
4MB, 1876x1528px
>>29354249
I fucking knew this would be posted
>>
>>29354270
>He doesn't know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C_BubeBU8E
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>29354249
THAT'S IT ME AND YOU OUTSIDE
>>
>>29354314
Let's not stand on ceremony here, miss rarity
>>
>>29354240
She never showed nervousness in actually being in charge, did she? She was nervous with all the demands, but never due to the fear of resorting to her old ways.

Then when she cast the spell she was clearly in charge and showed no signs of nervousness really
>>
>>29354330
You think this is a game?
>>
>>29354132
Even if it was Twilight's tasks rather than hers, she was still the one in charge
>>
>>29354124
Because the Mane 5 aren't her friends.

Prove me wrong.
>>
File: Purple Drank.png (66KB, 400x518px) Image search: [Google]
Purple Drank.png
66KB, 400x518px
>>29354124
>accidentally control everyone
>afraid the same thing might happen again in a future episode
CONTINUITY
>>
>>29354656
We were both trained. Trained by the league of shadows
>>
>>29355265
This. Starlight controls everyone, then it goes to shit and everyone yells at her for it, much like the last time she was in charge.

Finale rolls around and she's now nervous about being in charge of these events, but instead of calling it character progression, everyone calls it inconsistent.

You fuckers probably want more episodes about Fluttershy learning to be assertive.
>>
>>29354314
>>29354656
Rarity is prone to violence
>>
>>29355265
>>29355292
It's just a case of she didn't show the fear of control before but she did in the finale. I don't think that fear of control stemmed mostly from the events in Every Little Thing.

It's her past that bothers her, but she was in complete control in Every Little, somewhat like her old town and she wasn't really scared about it
>>
File: Rarity_in_a_black_cloak_S1E20.png (185KB, 613x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rarity_in_a_black_cloak_S1E20.png
185KB, 613x600px
>>29355282
You think the darkness is your ally?
>>
>>29355265
Shit that makes sense.
>>
>>29355265
>>29355292
>>29355408
To expand, given her fear from control stemmed from her time in Our Town, she didn't have any problem with it in ELTSD.

Wasn't what she did there control in itself? She ordered the Ponies what to do but then in Our Town had difficulty with making even slight decisions
>>
>>29355896
telling mind slaves what to do and actually leading are two entirely different things
>>
>>29355916
I'd say telling mind slaves what to do is far closer to leading than being a judge on a Cupcake panel.
Even before the mind slavery though she was in charge and began ordering the Main 6
>>
>>29355935
but they don't respect her as a leader, they only comply out of kindness, they know starlight is undergoing a process of reformation by twilight. applejack even says "are you sure this is what twilight would've wanted?"
>>
>>29355967
They might not see her as one, but that doesn't change the fact that she was indeed leading no?
>>
>>29357565
>>
>>
>>29355306
>Literally tells a bunch of dragons she'll rip them to pieces

Rarity doesn't beat around the bush
>>
>>29355265
She wasn't afraid of repeating her mind control tricks so much as falling into the trap that she did with Our Town, was she?

And that fear of Our Town didn't seem to be there when she took control in Every Little Thing
>>
>>29355292
It is inconsistent.

>S5 final, doesn't like what she did.
>S6 premiere, still doesn't like what she did, and doesn't want others to know
Consistent

>NSP
>She's cracking jokes about what she did like it was something funny
>Forced Big Mac to talk
>Uses her past as an ice breaker
Inconsistent even within the season.

>ELTSD
>Has problems hanging out with the M6
How? She sang a last minute song with them and did everything they liked to do in S5
>So instead of just hanging out with them while they're chaotic, she mind controls them to bring "order"
Which spits in the face of not only the premiere, but also how she felt back in the S5 final
>TWaBA
>Is for some reason afraid of being in charge and feels like she hasn't grown at all
>It's shrugged off in two seconds by the very same ponies she mind controlled
Because she is totally better now guys :^).

Glimmer is an inconsistent mess because it seems like Jim was the only one who had an idea on what her story arc even looked like. Everyone else just did whatever the fuck they wanted with her.
>>
>>29361746
>She's cracking jokes about what she did like it was something funny

no, she's constantly self-deprecating about it is what that is. dense!

>She sang a last minute song with them

instant and total bond, right?
>>
>>29362516
>instant and total bond, right?
Yes that was the point of the song, wanna try again?

>no, she's constantly self-deprecating about it is what that is. dense!
She's only like that after no one laughed at her stupid joke in the first place.

>Twilight Sparkle: That's the best part! You have to make a new friend!
>Starlight Glimmer: New friends? Hey, maybe I'll just force friendships by magically enslaving the entire population of Ponyville!
>Twilight Sparkle: Starlight!
>Starlight Glimmer: Kidding! [laughs nervously]

She was trying to be funny and failed, which is inconsistent with how she felt with the subject matter before.
>>
>>29362546
>Yes that was the point of the song, wanna try again?

dude if you think a song means total bond then you probably think hugs mean chance for pregnancy.

>She was trying to be funny

you can be funny and self-deprecating. well, other people can, i mean, you're dense.
>>
>>29362608
So you have no arguments other than attacking my person huh. Wanna rewatch the song again? Wanna see how happy every one is.

>you can be funny and self-deprecating
Expect she wasn't until no one laughed but keep trying.
>>
>>29362692

just be 100% honest with me for a second. are you playing dumb for the sake of argument?

if the answer is yes, i'll keep going.
>>
>>29362723
Are you? Because you still have no argument right now.
>>
The writing is pure shit and Glimmer is a cancerous tumor and a black hole for quality
Expecting anything about her to make sense or be good is fucking retarded
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.