[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There has never been a two-parter where these 5 characters had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: background characters.png (444KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
background characters.png
444KB, 1024x577px
There has never been a two-parter where these 5 characters had an important role other than being Twilight's sidekicks. After the season 6 finale, it's pretty clear that they will never have an important role, as Starlight has already had.

It's not the only scenario that hasn't been explored and will never been explored. There are literally thousands of fanfics, and at least a few of them are objectively better than some of the worst canon episodes.

Yet Miller apologists keep on saying that these are dead characters. Other than because you love Starlight and you're afraid she wouldn't be necessary if these characters stopped being treated like shit, is there a real reason for the showrunners to ignore them and make the show about a different character? I really don't think so.
>>
Those 5 ever being important was just a meme the fandom bought into
>>
>>29343000
>There has never been a two-parter where these 5 characters had an important role other than being Twilight's sidekicks
The only thing that come to mind is the S1 two-parter where everyone have equal roles but we all know that S1 and S2 isn't canon.
>>
>>29343000
The original idea of the show was Twilight learning friendship with her friends through various experiences. That changed after S3 and they had to spread friendship and reform everything. That changed again in S6 and now we get the pink shimmer show
>>
>>29343073
the fandom finally convinced the staff that twilight was too important
>>
File: Lisa's_Nightmare.jpg (27KB, 512x384px)
Lisa's_Nightmare.jpg
27KB, 512x384px
>>29343089
>the fandom finally convinced the staff that twilight was too important
It's disappointing as fuck that the staff's way of fixing "Twilight is too important" was to come up with a new character and make her more important than Twilight. It's like a fucking bad joke.
>>
>>29343000
There was the time in Princess Twilight Sparkle where she got in trouble and had to be saved by the other main 6, but otherwise I agree. In two parters their Twilight's sidekicks or worse.
Does Twilight move the most plastic off toy shelves in stores for pony? Cause if that's the case it may be something from Hasbro. She's definately given enough good treatment in two parters to be that or just the staff focus. Could be that they don't know what to do with a two part episode sans Twilight too.
>>
File: 1348236.png (453KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1348236.png
453KB, 1280x1280px
>>29343000
Twi is the cutest, smartest and all around best pony so it makes sense to me.
>>
>>29343312
If that's the case, then explain their decision to completely sideline her in season 6. Let's face it, the staff are hacks without any clue of what to do with the characters, regardless of Hasbro interference
>>
>>29343376
No, it doesn't. If anything, it could make sense when Twilight was the main character and the other ponies were her sidekicks. Now she's as irrelevant as the mane 5 and Starlight gets the spotlight.
>>
>>29343380
Makes me wonder if anything will change for the next season after the staff working on the movie get back into working on the show.
>>
>>29343312
>There was the time in Princess Twilight Sparkle where she got in trouble and had to be saved by the other main 6
That's exactly what I'm asking for, except not only like 30 seconds but an entire episode like that. I can't think of a good reason which justifies that Starlight can get an entire episode where she saves the mane 6, but the mane 5 can't get more than half a minute to save Twi.
>>
>>29343000
>the leader of the group acts as the leader of the group
Great criticism OP.
>>
>>29343426
>I didn't read the post but I'll reply anyway
Way to go, Anon.
>>
>>29343417
I know it's an idea from the comics, but I like the idea of Twilight getting corrupted and her friends having to save her from whatever did it while holding her off. Nowadays I'm afraid Starlight would just be the proxy Twilight though, so it would have to be both of them corrupted. The other princesses would have to somehow be out of the picture too to get what you're asking for.
>>
>>29343431
Something like that would work for me. I reckon it would be a difficult episode to write, but definitely I'd rather have both Twilight and Starlight corrupted, otherwise the episode would be just "Starlight saves corrupted Twilight" and the other ponies would be just sidekicks again.
>>
>>29343450
Could be fun. Twilight is my favorite pony, and I like Starlight a bunch too, but I know they get all the two part episode spotlight time. A change would be nice to see to keep things fresh.
>>
>>29343431
starlight's existence rendered many interesting possibilities infeasible
>>
>>29343457
What things did you have in mind that wouldn't work now?
>>
>>29343459
many villains and conflicts that couldn't be beaten by ridiculously overpowered unicorn magic. both twilight's and starlight's power levels escalated to absurd levels since the S5 premiere. now we need fucking ancient rocks out of nowhere to limit them.
>>
>>29343502
i meant conflicts that couldn't be beaten with twilight's previous power level. a lot of things can't happen anymore unless they take twilight and her pet out of the picture entirely or add stupid shit like the aforementioned rock
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.