[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warrant CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 496
Thread images: 6

File: warrant.png (132KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
warrant.png
132KB, 768x768px
Previous Thread:
>>29195777
Anonpone Archive:
https://www.anonpone.com/warrant/
>>
“I guess if you spot someone you could warn us. That'd obviously be a big help. Other than that just do your thing”
>”Whatever you say, bud”
>Thanking them, you fly back to your perch, Garnet and Velvet waiting
>”Well, what’d they say?”
“They said we’re free to set up. Go ahead and grab those snares. Velv, since your wings aren’t fully developed like ours, you stay here and keep watch”
>”Horns are much superior to wings anyway, bird boy”
>Brushing off her comment, you and Garnet gather up the traps, descending across the street and into the field below
>While she sets up the snares around the eroded area, you glide over the fence, making for the building
>Along the wall you place the box, propping it up with a stick before placing the lighters as bait beneath it
>Soon enough, both of you are set, meeting back at the fence to return to your post
>Velvet lazily sits there, gun to her side as you both lay down, trying to keep a low profile as you peek downwards
>…
>Looking at your pocket watch, the hand hits midnight, the three of you entering your third hour in ambush
>The mare beside you yawns, rubbing her eyes for a brief moment
>Casually looking back to the guard house, Medi is propped back in his chair, most likely asleep
>Light Wing is nowhere to be found, having trotted off into the gate about ten minutes ago
>Looking down the road, there’s predictably no ponies going either way, the last cart having passed nearly an hour ago
>Sighing, you settle back a bit, the sound of crickets being the only thing in ear shot
>>
>>29340840
>”Hey, you hear that?”
“What, the crickets?”
>”No! Listen…”
>You cock your head, holding your breath
>Off in the distance you hear a minute rustling, although it gets gradually louder
>”There! Look!”
>You and Velvet instantly zero in on where Garnet’s pointing, some tall grass by the creek being disturbed
>A moment later a pony stealthily exits the vegetation, a black shirt and cap upon him
>Looking both ways, he darts towards the fence, stopping every ten yards or so to press his belly against the ground for a few seconds before continuing
>>
>>29340848
Keep watch. Don't move until he's inside or in one of our traps. The fence will make it harder for him to get away.
>>
>>29340848
time to stalk our prey.
>>
>All three of you lean forward, eyes fixated on the pony
>Although your paws instinctively press back into the ground, tail twitching, you contain yourself
>You put traps out there for a reason
>As your guest gets closer, you can tell with certainty that it’s a stallion, the guy still slinking along until her hits the fence
>Like clockwork, he heads towards the worn out area, you snares well hidden in the grass
>But as he gets there, he fails to step in them, the stallion digging away at the dirt with his hooves obliviously
>After a minute or so he slips under the ditch, once again resuming his journey towards the warehouse on the other side of the fence
>Although he’s heading in the direction of your final trap, you start to lose sight of him as he darts into the shadows
>”What if he doesn’t fall for the box? I can;t even see him anymore"
>>
>>29341141
Fly to the top of the warehouse and look down on him. We'll see if the box works and we can drop on him if it doesn't.
>>
“You two stay here. I’m gonna take a closer look”
>They nod, you getting a tight grip on your shotgun as you take off once more, heading for the roof of the warehouse
>Slowing to a hover before you land, to reach your destination in total silence, taking caution of where your paws step as you edge towards the edge
>Peeking over, your sharp eyes dart around, trying to locate your target
>But as they pass over where the trap was, there’s only one problem
>There’s no trap
>Confused, you frantically look around, and that’s when you hear more movement
>Eventually you spot something moving awkwardly around in the darkness
>A box moves randomly across the ground, going in loops like a confused beetle
>>
>>29341355
Pin the box down to stop its movement.
>>
>Huh. Guess that thing really IS irresistible to ponies
>With a smirk you descend, aiming straight for the wandering box
>A flick of your wings brings your speed down, just enough not to crush it as your slam your talons down, pinning the box in place
>With a firm press, it’s firmly pressed upon the ground
>At first you can feel the pony inside give a couple tentative pushes
>But then he begins to panic, flailing around and trying to get it to move
>”H-hey! Who’s out there? Let me outta this thing! Please!”
>You can tell he’s bugging out, voice filled with fear
>But as the pony thrashes about, the box still goes nowhere, although both your talons have to press down to keep it that way
>>
>>29341598
Oh, in a moment bud, can you tell me your name first though?
>>
“Oh, in a moment bud. Can you tell me your name first though?”
>The struggling ceases, box growing still
>”Can you just get this thing off me?”
>You push down even harder
“I need to know your name”
>”…. It’s Sandstone. My name’s Sandstone”
>A hoof pushes up on the box, but your grip keeps it glued to the ground
>”There’s been a mistake, can you please get this thing off of me?”
>>
>>29341955
Well that's a shame, because I can't let any Sandstones out of the box. Mind telling me why you're here, Sandy?
>>
Pausing
>>
ban assault boxes
>>
>>29341955
It's midnight Sandy! Why are you here? And do the guards know you're here?

You now realize Sandy has lighters in a flammable cardboard box, hoping he isn't suicidal.
>>
Surprised Griffonia hasn't weaponized boxes yet.
>>
>>29341955
You like lighters, Sandy?
>>
>>29343012
It's a war crime
>>
>>29342835
shall not be infringed
>>
File: cat box.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
cat box.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>>
zap
>>
>>29346096
>>
>>29345360
a box is catbirbs greatest ally.
>>
“Well that's a shame, because I can't let any Sandstones out of the box”
>”Why not?”
“It's midnight Sandy! Why are you here? And do the guards know you're here?”
>”I-I saw some lighters and a box fell on me, ok? You know it’s against the law to not help a boxed pony in need right?”
>You swear, these ponies sometimes. It’s a wonder why your country hasn’t weaponized boxes yet
“You like lighters, Sandy?”
>The pony goes silent once more, and after a few seconds you realize he’s not going to answer
>Poor guy probably realized the box aint coming off
>Looking off into the distance, you can’t see either the guardhouse, or your team’s perch
>They’re probably wondering what’s taking you so long. You might as well just scoop this whole thing u-
>Your thoughts are interrupted you’re your talons beginning to heat up
>Well that’s weird
>Cocking your head in curiosity, the heat builds up
“Hey, what are you doing in the-“
>You jump back in surprise, letting go as the box bursts into flames
>In total shock, you watch the thing begin to burn right in front of you, the entire box soon engulfed
>>
>>29347193
BOX KILLER!
>>
>>29347193
get ready to pounce on him when he escapes the box.
>>
>>29347193
Pull out the shotgun.

"C'mon Flame, give it up before the others arrive, I might just tell them to go easy on you..."
>>
>H-he killed the box
>Still in disbelief, you unsling your shotgun, racking the lever
“C'mon Flame, give it up before the others arrive, I might just tell them to go easy on you..."
>The box continues to burn brightly, the stallion obviously not heading your words
>Sighing, you wait patiently off to the side, ready to pounce when he tries to escape the box
>The cardboard shudders, you getting ready to make your move
>That’s when he makes a run for it
>… With the flaming box still on top of him
>The burning container sprints away, thick smoke trailing
>Coughing as it goes by, you see it heading straight for the fence
>>
>>29347533
Would he rather burn alive than get caught? Rip the burning box off, making sure it doesn't land near anything flammable, and catch him.
>>
>>29347533
Fly to the other side of the fence with the shotgun pointed directly at his snootle.
>>
>>29347553
its a cardboard box, it will burn away before it does any damage.
>>
>>29347709
Could hold the flame long enough to ignite his clothes.
>>
>Trailing it, the box crashes into the chain link, fence lightly shuttering
>You consider just flying to the other side of the fence and wait for him, but you’d rather not have to watch a guy burn to death in case he keeps this game up
>With a swift snatch, you rip the box off, tossing the flaming hunk of cardboard safely into the grass a couple meters away
“Alright, show’s over”
>…
>Looking through the fence, you see a stallion galloping away, having slipped under the dugout area at the fence
>In annoyance you spread your wings, going over the barrier before pursuing at maximum speed
>As you near he clears the field and hits the road, hooves clipping as the stallion runs across it
>Extending your talons, his back is presented to you, the national geographic theme beginning to play in your head
>But a blur streaks across your vision, the pony being snatched away
>Banking, your wings beat furiously to slow down, paws touching the street as you look back
>Garnet holds him on the ground, his hooves kicking ineffectively as she presses down like a hawk with its prey
>Running over, you watch a hoof get a lucky hit on her, Garnet's head recoiling
>But with fire in her eyes she lifts him clear off the ground, slamming the pony into a nearby wall
>He grunts as she holds him there, claws extended
>As you approach, his confused gaze seems almost happy that you've arrived
>"P-please, make her stop! I'm sorry!"
>Garnet just growls like a pissed cat, pressing her victim even harder against the wall
>>
>>29347820
Good job Garnet!

We kinda need him alive though.
>>
>>29347820
Nah, she seems to have this under control. So let's cut the bullshit and get to the point. Tell me, how much did he pay you to burn down the warehouse?
>>
>>29347820
Alright Flame, we can do this one of two ways.
The first way is you tell us all about your little deal to burn the warehouse down.
The econd is I let my pal here knead your face.
>>
>>29347867
Lets not tell him what we want to know right off the bat. He might try to be annoying about it.
>>
“Good job Garnet!... we kinda need him alive though”
>She gives him a glare that could kill, but reluctantly loosens her grip just a bit so that he isn’t being mashed into a brick wall anymore
>He sighs with relieve, even if she still has a hold of him
“Alright Flame, let's cut the bullshit and get to the point. Tell me, how much did he pay you to burn down the warehouse?”
>”What? Who is ‘he’?”
>You look at Garnet, the griffoness pinning him back against the wall as he gasps
“We can do this one of two ways. The first way is you tell us all about your little deal to burn the warehouse down. The second is I let my pal here knead your face”
>Garnet grins maliciously, the stallion’s eyes wandering down to her talons
>”Mister, I don’t know what you’re talking about. No one paid me anything, honest! I just... I just like to burn things, alright?”
>>
>>29348046
That isn't what your sister told us. Shall we go include her in this little chat?
>>
>>29348046
Uh huh. And we just happened to be waiting in the right place? Cut the crap, Flame.
>>
“Uh huh. And we just happened to be waiting in the right place? Cut the crap, Flame”
>”I’m telling, you nobody paid me for anything!”
“That isn't what your sister told us”
>”… My sister?”
“Yeah, we talked to Charm. Shall we go include her in this little chat?”
>He looks even tenser now, eyes shifting between Garnet and you
>Sighing, he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath
>”All I’ve done is trespass, that’s a fine at the worst. I haven’t committed conspiracy or accepted any payment for anything. For all you know, I just decided to take a stroll and took a short cut through some property. So no, I don’t know what you’re talking about at all”
>He gives you a deadpan look, but soon cringes as Garnet's claws tighten in annoyance
>"You can smack me around all you want, I'm sure any lawyer would love to hear that"
>>
>>29348402
Time to visit his sister.
>>
>>29348402
You've done more than that. There's a bounty on your head, numbnuts.
>>
“You've done more than that. There's a bounty on your head, numbnuts”
>”For what, may I ask?”
“For burning down shit, what do you think?”
>He breaks eye contact, proceeding to just stare at the ground
>You realize he’s not going to respond, sighing
“Alright, guess we’re going to pay your sister a visit. Garnet, go ahead an-“
>A crack goes by your head, you recoiling away instantly as bits of brick from the wall blast into your face
>More bangs sound, bullets slamming into the road and wall as you hit the ground, getting behind a cart
>”Fuck!”
>Garnet hits the ground beside you, quickly pushing her back up against the cart, derringer in hand
>Peeking over the side, multiple muzzle flashes come from around a building corner maybe 30 yards away, dark silhouettes ducking and weaving as they blast away at your positon
>Your focus is brought back as Garnet fires off two shots, ducking back behind the cart as she pops the gun open, reloading
“Where’s Flame?!”
>”I don’t know!”
>As you rise up with your shotgun, you notice the stallion that you just detained fleeing, the pony frantically darting behind a building corner down the road for cover
>Another bullet slams into the cart, wood splintering as it comes to a rest
>>
>>29348661
We need to get out of here. Whoever he's in bed with is seriously pissed. I wonder if we can lure the shooters into the snares?
>>
>>29348661
Use the cart as cover to get behind a building, then take a long route around to Velvet and fly out of there.
>>
>>29348661
I wonder what the security guards are up to.
>>
“We need to get out of here!”
>”You think?!”
>Popping up you fire off a round, your shoulder lurching under the recoil
>Cranking the lever, a steam shell exits the gun, a new one taking its place
>Blasting off two more, you return to cover, unsure if you actually hit anyone
>In response another volley of shots come in, the rounds whizzing on by
>Whoever Flame was in bed with must be pretty freaking pissed right now
>As Garnet pops off another shot you give her a tap on the should, getting her attention
“Come on, help me push this thing”
>”What?”
“We can use it as cover until we get to the corner”
>Nodding, she does a quick reload, shoving a round in one of the chambers before getting a grip on the cart
>In unison, you push, the cart lurching at first, but soon moving ever so slowly
>Round continue to pepper it, thankfully all seeming to be easily blocked pistol shots
>As the cart moves on you pop your head up as some of the fire dies down, noticing a couple dark figures cautiously advancing, hugging the walls for cover as a few more cover them
>With a final heave you and Garnet reach the safety of a building, quickly turning the corner to slip away
“Wait, wait! Where’s Velvet?”
>”Up on the roof!”
“Come on, we’ll run behind it and go get her. Less of a chance we run into those goons”
>Without another word you two sprint away, looking for the best area to fly up with cover
>Stopping along another wall, you peer up, the sounds of what you assume to be Velvet blasting off sounds above
>>
>”Guri, someone’s coming”
>Your ringing ears perk up, but despite the tinnitus, you can make out a set of hooves running down the road
>Shouldering your gun, you silently await
>”Come on, I thought I sa- WOAH!”
>Two ponies turn the corner, but come screeching to a halt as they look down your shotgun barrel with wild eyes
>Their hooves shoot up in surrender, a pair of identical revolvers in each
>It’s only then you realize that it’s Light Wing and Medi
>”Guri, what the hell is going on! What did you do?!”
>>
>>29348915
The pyro had friends and now they're extremely pissed.
>>
Pausing
>>
beb
>>
>>29348915
Trying to stop an arsonist. What are you doing?!
>>
guns are bad, mkay?
>>
>>29348915
Well it turns out that out firebug has company. We almost got killed.
>>
>>29349638
>>
baff
>>
Velvet's probably already no scoped some fools
>>
beb
>>
>>29353544
>>
“Trying to stop an arsonist. What are you doing?!”
>”What’s it look like? We’re security, you think we can just ignore a gunfight or something?”
“Well it turns out that out firebug has company, and they’re pissed. We almost got killed!”
>Light Wing goes to respond, but cuts himself off, head looking back down the road
>Voices sound, one shouting
>”There’s one on the roof! On that roof!”
>You can hear faint galloping before more gunfire erupts
>”You guys gotta get out of here. Me and Medi will get back to the guard house, use the phone to get the police”
>>
>>29354197
We have to get our friend first. After that we're hightailing it. I'd appreciate it if you didn't say we were here.
>>
“We have to get our friend first. After that we're hightailing it”
>”Well hurry up!”
>He turns to leave, but you quickly grab him
“I'd appreciate it if you didn't say we were here”
>”Yeah sure, but you have to make it out of here alive first. Now go!”
>He gallops off, Medi following him as quickly as possible
“Come on, let’s grab Velvet and leave!”
>You and Garnet launch into the air, dropping down onto the roof
>Velvet is hunched in a corner, busting off a few shots before ducking back down, a couple bullets whizzing by in response
>As she empties out the chambers to reload, you sprint to her
“Come on Velvet, we’re leaving!”
>”Leaving? Where’s the bounty? We can’t leave without him!”
>Popping the cylinder back, she leans her hoof over the side, blindly firing
>>
>>29354412
Velvet, the bits aren't worth your life! Let's get going!
>>
>>29354412
He already ran when his friends attacked us. If we don't move quickly, there will be no way to follow his trail.
>>
“Velvet, the bits aren't worth your life! Let's get going!”
>”Did we get him or not?!”
“No! He already ran when his friends attacked us”
>A dull thud sounds as a bullet smashes into the brick wall just below Velvet
“Let’s go, if we don't move quickly, there will be no way to follow his trail!”
>She scrunches, putting her gun over the side and emptying the cylinder with a yell of annoyance
>Finally she runs to you, grabbing on and Garnet leaps over the side, you following
>Flapping away, you put a couple block’s distance between you and the warehouse, just far enough for them to lose your trail
>Landing in an alleyway, the three of you take the opportunity to reload, fresh shells being taken from your bag
>Listening intently, the only thing you can hear is the labored breathing of you and your friends
>”Well now what? I’m, just sitting on the roof mining my business, and these ponies come out guns blazing! And now you’re telling me that we have no idea where the bounty went?”
>>
>>29354611
There's a chance, a very small one, that he might go to his sister's place.
>>
>>29354611
Sorry, we were distracted by all the bullets.
>>
“Sorry, we were distracted by all the bullets”
>She sighs, slumping against the wall in exhaustion
>Garnet looks just as shaken up, still gripping her gun tightly
>”Well… so what? We just let him get away?”
“There might be one place we can try”
>”What’s that?”
“There's a chance, a very small one, that he might go to his sister's place”
>”That crazy mare? Do you even remember how to get there?”
“Kinda? But if we’re going, we gotta go now”
>Nodding, Velvet wipes some sweat off her face, putting the gun away
“Come on Garnet. Just follow me, and we’ll try to get back to this place”
>Your wings claw into the sky once more, the search beginning
>Navigating at night proves to be much more difficult than during the day, the streets you’re so used to seeing just becoming dots of street lamps
>It takes about an hour, but eventually you work your way back to Flower Street, eventually coming to the familiar door
>Knocking, you all wait there patiently, hooves trotting to the door
>It barely cracks open, Charm answering it in a nightgown
>”I’m assuming you ran into my brother tonight?”
>>
>>29354815
And some of his "friends".
>>
>>29354815
And his company. Whatever he's involved in includes ponies willing to kill.
>>
Will Velvet Violence's lust for blood ever be sated?
>>
“Yeah, and some of his friends. Whatever he's involved in includes ponies willing to kill”
>She peers around at your friends, eyes falling on your guns
“And let me guess, you think he came running back here?”
“We thought there was a small chance he might return here”
>She smirks, shaking her head lightly
>”Well, you’re right. He came back here”
“Is h-“
>”No, you missed him by half an hour. Damn fool sprinted in screaming about how he had to go and that he was sorry, or something. Tried to calm him down and get him to stay but he just grabbed some shit and was gone within a few minutes”
>>
>>29355818
Right. You know what he took?
>>
>>29355818
Any idea on where he'd goes to hide?
>>
>Of freaking course
“Right. You know what he took?”
>”A gun, some lock box he had under his bed… I think that’s about all”
>Great now this little dip is gonna be trying to shoot you too
“Any idea on where he'd goes to hide?”
>”Like I said, I have no idea where my brother’s been recently. Haven’t seen him in forever, and now he comes kicking in the door, snatching a gun and running off into the night. I wish I could help, I really do. But I got nothing on him”
“And there’s nothing else you saw that might help us?”
>”Well, a couple of his ‘friends’ were outside on the street. Had masks on, so I can’t really help you there. Though I think one was a minotaur”
>>
>>29356061
What kind of places would he feel safe at?
>>
>>29356061
A minotaur? Not many of those around. Didn't we see one outside the city?
>>
"A minotaur? Not many of those around”
>”Guri, we saw one that day we went target shooting, remember?”
“Hey Velv, you’re right. Outside town near the creek”
>Come to think of it, he was with a few ponies as well, telling you to get lost
>Turning back to Charm, you try to squeeze some more info out of her
“You what kind of places would he feel safe at?”
>”He’s been crashing at his friend’s homes I assume. Not that I’ve ever met any of his friends. Or criminal associates, whatever you want to call them. But to be honest, he sounded like he wasn’t planning on coming back. You two must of really spooked the shit out of him”
>>
>>29356375
Guess we're not going to find him without finding his friends then. Beginning to think this job isn't worth the money.
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29356435
true, but if we can get him to narc on the factory boss to the police when we hand him in they could give us another more lucrative target.
>>
>>29356615
Yeah, plus he's seen us. Safer for us to put him away at this point.
>>
beb
>>
>>29355425
Velvet Violence cannot be contained
>>
beb
>>
>>29359295
>>
>>29359791
>>
>>29360725
>>
>>29358052
>>
>>29358052
>>
>>29362456
>>
>>29358052
>>
>>29359295
>>
>>29363123
>>
bep
>>
>>29366321
>>
beeb
>>
“Guess we're not going to find him without finding his friends then”
>”Best of luck with that. God knows you’re going to need it”
>You’re really starting to think that this job isn’t worth the money
>Especially after a few dozen bullets went whizzing by you
>But then again, if you can get this guy and make him nark on his boss, no doubt that’ll be a gateway to some serious pay out
>The mare yawns in her doorway as you imagine about swimming through bits
>”Well, it’s pretty late and I’d like to at least get some sleep before work. Is there anything else I could help you with real quick, or is that all you needed?”
>>
>>29368363
Can you think of any ways to convince him to cooperate without promises of violence?
>>
“Just one last thing, I promise”
>”Go for it, hun’”
“Can you think of any ways to convince him to cooperate without promises of violence?”
>”Well, I just want you to know that my brother’s not a violent pony. He really isn’t. Yes, he’s stupid and easy to manipulate, but I’ve never seen him actually fight with anyone”
“So you think if we cornered him, he’d come quietly?”
>”I think he would. If you ever run into him again though, just tell him how disappointed I am. Tell him how hurt mom would have been by what he’s done”
“I’ll certainty do that when we find him”
>”And please, go easy on him if you can. He belongs in jail, yes. But he’s still my brother”
“If we can, we will”
>”Thanks… now if you’ll excuse me, my bed’s getting cold”
>Thanking the mare, the door shuts before you, the silence of the night returning
>”Well this sucks”
>Velvet begins protesting once more
>”Him being here was our only chance of knabbing this guy. Now we just have to hope to run into his friends again, which I frankly don’t plan on doing”
>Garnet nods at her
>"Velvet's right, if run into his partners, we might not be as lucky as we were tonight"
>>
>>29368801
Mention the possibility that his friends might be the group we ran into during Velvet's shooting practice.
>>
“About his partners… remember when I said we came across a minotaur and some ponies outside town?”
>”Yeah, what about it?”
“I have a hunch that those guys and Flame’s friends might be one in the same”
>”Yeah, they seemed rude enough to go blasting away at some ponies. And griffons too I guess”
“Point is, our bounty might be back where we found them. Or at least somewhere in the area”
>”So what are suggesting? We go wander around in the badlands outside town? There’s more places to hide out there then we could ever hope to search”
>>
>>29369112
Not the entire badlands, our shooting practice drew their attention so it's within walking distance of where we were. We even have a general direction since they'd have no reason or way to get around us.
>>
“Not the entire badlands, our shooting practice drew their attention so it's within walking distance of where we were”
>”I could get us back to where we were. I remember exactly where along the creek it was”
“See, it’s already narrowed down. And we even have a general direction since they'd have no reason or way to get around us”
>”Well, I’m not one for hiking around in the scrub, but if you’re that sure of it, we can talk about it tomorrow at work”
>Garnet yarns, running a talon across your chest
>”See you in the morning. Night Guri”
>One quick beak kiss later, and she flies off, silhouetted against the moon for a brief moment before disappearing
>”Looks like it’s just you and me yet again”
>Velvet gives you a shove, smirking
>”So, you plug anyone? I personally think I got three, maybe four of them from the roof. Would have got more if my gun would reload faster”
>She rubs a hoof on her chest, full of unwarranted self smug
>>
>>29369452
I'd rather hope we didn't hit any of them. One of these days we've gotta take her out hunting. Hopefully after killing something, she'd have a bit more respect when it comes to using a gun.
>>
“I'd rather hope we didn't hit any of them”
>”Are you kidding? They tried to blow our heads off”
“Still Velvet, if we got out of there with no one being hurt, that’s the best outcome”
>She doesn’t look convinced. Although you can see where she’s coming from with the whole attempted murder thing
>One of these days you’ll have to take her out hunting. Hopefully after killing something, she'd have a bit more respect when it comes to using a gun
>Plus you get a free lunch if she manages to even hit anything
>”Come on, let’s get back home”
>She raises her front hooves like a foal wanting a boost
>Smirking, you oblige, talons wrapping around her stomach before taking off
>Pushing open the door, you nearly slop into room with exhaustion, the adrenaline having worn off to reveal just how tried you are
>Velvet does the same, managing to slug her way onto the bed, sighing in relief
>Following up with her sentiment, your shotgun is propped up against the wall, you squirming under the covers
>You feel your tail hanging over the side, but frankly, you’re too tired to care
>Lying there for a bit, you can feel the covers shifting ever so slightly with the rise and fall of Velvet’s chest, the unicorn surprisingly not tugging all the blankets in her direction
>With heavy lidded eyes you peer to the clock, seeing that it’s a half past three
>”Guri”
>You shift your head, finding Velvet’s sleepy purple eyes staring into yours
>”That gun fight was cool and all, but when we go back out there looking for this guy, please just… be careful, ok?”
“I promise”
>”No really. I honestly don’t know what I’d do without you. Probably nothing good to be honest”
>>
>>29370147
D'aaaw! She really does care! Hug the pone.
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29370147
We'd probably be the same. Bring it in.
>>
>>29371851
>>
bek
>>
bip
>>
bup
>>
>>29370147
Don't worry, somepony has to here to annoy you, and I'm certainly not planning on going out anytime soon.
>>
bwap
>>
>Aww, she really does care
“I'd probably be the same. Come here, you”
>”Guri, y-HRK”
>You wrap your arms around her, giving the mare a tight squeeze of a hug
>”Y-you really mean it?”
“Don't worry, somepony has to here to annoy you, and I'm certainly not planning on going out anytime soon”
>”Better not be. My life would get pretty boring without you”
>Easing your grip, she squirms out just a bit as she always does
>Damn noodle legged ponies
>”So tell me that this wasn’t the greatest idea ever. We finally have some money, cool guns, and you even got a girlfriend. Chicks love the whole bounty hunter thing, and your little lady friend would obviously be way out of your league otherwise, eh?”
>Her eyebrows wiggle up and down, smirking
>>
>>29375684
Yeah, this has been one of our better ideas. I seriously need to take you out for some hunting if you still think guns are cool. Plus, it would help get you some practice. I don't anything to happen to you either after what we've been through.
>>
“Yeah, this has been one of our better ideas… better than the time you got us into that pyramid scheme at least”
>”How was I supposed to know that snake oil wasn’t made with real snake?”
>You sigh, rolling a bit onto your side
“You know, I seriously need to take you out for some hunting if you still think guns are cool”
>”How would showing me how cool they are make me think that they’re less cool?”
“It’ll teach you to respect them more. Plus, it would help get you some practice. I don't want anything to happen to you either after what we've been through”
>”Hey, come on. This is Velvet we’re talking about here. I’ll keep doing Velvet things like always and be fine”
“Velvet things worry me sometimes”
>”Velvet things don’t end in multiple balls of yarn being shredded, or catnip trips. You gotta give and take, bud”
>Finally getting in a good position, your trail wraps around you
“Night Velvet”
>”Night Guri”
>…
>Slicing away some meat, you yawn, eyelids a bit heavy
>You only got a few hours of sleep last night. Apparently staying out late gun fighting is tiring work
>Velvet seemed just as perky as always walking into work. Guess she got some better rest then you did
>Working away with your knife, you see a couple of griffons edging closer down the line to you, dumb grins on their faces
>Oh great, it’s those two that tried to get you to cleaned spilled coffee the first day
>Trying to ignore them, they none the less slowly but surely work their way down to you, still cutting meat that rolls on down the line as they go
>”Psst. Guri”
>Just ignore them. Maybe they’ll go away
>”Guuuuuri. Over here”
>With a sigh, you look over to find two sets of excited eyes
“Can I help you?”
>”Dude, nice!”
>One gives you a slap on the back, laughing
“What exactly is nice?”
>”We heard you got in a shootout last night! The police were everywhere”
>"Yeah, you cap some fool hitting on your girl or something?"
>>
>>29376280
Where did you hear about this from?
>>
>They continue to laugh, giving you thumbs up
>This… isn’t what you wanted to be greeted with today
“Where did you hear about this from?”
>”Uhhh, some guy over in packaging. Can’t remember his name”
“Okaaay, well where did he hear it from?”
>”Some other guy apparently”
>Well this is getting nowhere fast
“Ok, well who was the first person to say anything?”
>”I think they said it was some pony over in the oat department”
>>
>>29376803
Is Velvet trying to get us fired?
>>
>Is Velvet trying to get you fired or something?
“Uh, thanks. I guess”
>”So how was it? You hit anyone?”
“Listen, I’ve got a quota to fill. Maybe I’ll explain later”
>They give you disappointed looks, but none the less shrug and head back down the line
>You swear, some of these griffons…
>A couple hours later a whistle blows, you instinctively taking off your apron in response
>Time for some lunch
>And a talk with Velvet
>Following the crowd you make your way to the cafeteria, ponies and griffons mingling in the mix
>But it doesn’t take long to spot Velvet at a table, a bat pony with her
>Approaching unseen she seems to laugh at something, Umbra gesturing to the line for food
>As he walks off, you take your chance and slide on it a seat across from her
>”Well, there’s my favorite griff. How’s your shift going?”
“It was fine until my coworkers came up and asked about the shootout we were in”
>”Did you fill in the details?”
>”Did I- no I didn’t fill in any details! How exactly do they even know about what happened?”
>”Well geez, a couple coworkers wanted to know how my night went, so I told them. I just said it was bounty hunter business, seemed harmless enough”
>>
>>29377149
And you don't think there is a chance our employers might decide to fire us to distance themself from legal problems?
>>
>>29377149
Not cool velvet, not cool at all.
>>
>You fold your arms
“Not cool velvet, not cool at all”
>”What? We didn’t do anything wrong”
“You don't think there is a chance our employers might decide to fire us to distance themselves from legal problems?”
>”But what we did was legal”
“Yeah, there’s still consequences for that. They’d much rather have employees that don’t go around getting into gunfights”
>”… Ok I kinda see your point”
“You should have saw it before you went yapping to your friends”
>”Alright, alright geez! I won’t say anything else about it, happy?”
“You promise?”
>”My lips are sealed! Honest”
“Well, just remember tha-“
>”Guri!”
>You nearly jump out of your seat in surprise, a bat pony slyly scooting into the seat beside you
>”Want a guava?”
>Umbra holds up what you assume is a fruit, wide smile on his face
“I uh, I don’t know”
>”Well that’s ok, you can have a slice if you change your mind”
>He puts it on a plate, carefully beginning to cut it up
>”So, Velvet told me about the night you had. Pretty scary stuff if you ask me”
>>
Pausing
>>
bumpity
>>
>>29377481
Not how I like to spend my nights, but we weren't expecting our target to have friends.
>>
>>29377481
Well...I did tell you that I'm a dangerous griffin.
>>
beb
>>
>>
>>29379120
>>
It's a pretty shitposty afternoon today.
>>
bip
>>
“Well...I did tell you that I'm a dangerous griffon”
>”I could see that for myself. Still pretty crazy though”
“Well, not how I like to spend my nights, but we weren't expecting our target to have friends”
>”Yeah, that’s practically cheating. We need to ask for a price increase when we catch this loser”
>Umbra smiles at Velvet’s comment, nodding in agreement
>”Seriously, sounds a bit underpriced for almost getting shot”
“I think it’ll pay off, there’s more to this than just a pony who likes to burn things”
>”Hey, if you ever need help, I’m willing to pitch in!”
>The bat spreads his wings in confidence, flexing his rather underwhelming arm
>”Anything to help Velvet catch her target”
>>
>>29382383
If we ever need a fruit expert you'll be our first choice.
>>
>>29382383
Really now...? You are willing to take a bullet for your new marefriend? How romantic~. So what can you bring to the table? Got any experience with weapons or something?
>>
>>29382383
pls no, I would rather not have to deal with random fruit facts every time we go for a bounty.
>>
“If we ever need a fruit expert you'll be our first choice”
>”No really, I’m serious!”
>You can’t help but laugh at the bat’s display
“Really now...?”
>”Oh yes, 100 percent”
“You are willing to take a bullet for your new marefriend? How romantic~”
>”W-well, I mean”
>Velvet smirks as she squirms in his seat
>”If the situation called for it”
“So what can you bring to the table? Got any experience with weapons or something?”
>”Well, my cousin let me play around with his batana when I was younger”
“… Any other experience?”
>”I have a pocket pistol back home!”
>>
>>29382698
I see...Velvet what do you think? If we let him join then we have to hunt higher value targets. Splitting the bounty four ways isn't really profitable for any of us by the end of the day.
>>
>>29382698
At this rate we're going to have to set up some sort of bounty hunter club.
>>
>>29382698
do you know how to use your gun?
>>
“Do you know how to use your gun?”
>”Absolutely! I used to bullseye womp rats with it back home”
>You guess that’s supposed to be impressive?
“I see...Velvet what do you think? If we let him join then we have to hunt higher value targets. Splitting the bounty four ways isn't really profitable for any of us by the end of the day”
>”That won’t be necessary. I’ll do it for free”
>”See? He does it for free”
“You sure about that, Umbra?”
>”Of course. I won’t need the money once I become a fruit technician”
>”I saw we let him join. He can come out with us today to the scrublands”
>The bat looks to you hopefully, Velvet’s equally curious face soon panning into view
>At this rate you’re going to have to make a bounty hunter club
>>
>>29382986
Well... Okay.
>>
>The two continue to lean forward, their grins growing wider
>You just know that you’re gonna regret this when you’re being told random fruit facts every 15 minutes
“Well... Okay”
>”EEEEEE!”
>His ear tufts twitch, the bat obviously pleased
>”I won’t let you down!”
“I should hope not. That means you’d be letting Velvet down too”
>”O-oh”
>Velvet smirks, the bat seeming to gain a new found resolve
>A metal tray drops on the table causing you to flinch
>A tired looking griffon slinks into the seat across from you, eyes half lidded
“Geez Garnet, you ok?”
>”Yeah, I’m…”
>Her sentence is cut off by a yawn, beak stretching
>”I’m fine. Just didn’t get much sleep last night. Plus I got absolutely slammed with paper work as soon as I clocked in”
>Her tired eyes lazily peer to the bat, Umbra giving her a small wave
>"What's going on here? Who's this?"
>>
>>29383298
Meet the newest partner to our club.
>>
“Meet the newest partner to our club”
>”H-hey”
>Umbra nervously grins, Garnet giving him a flat look
>”And you know him from where?”
>”Oh, well I’m friends with Velvet”
>”Are you as brash as Velvet?”
>”I, don’t think so?”
>”Alright, you’ll do fine”
>The griffoness sticks a fork in her meat, chewing on it for a moment
>”You know, I’d say that maybe our recruiting is starting to get out of hand, but then I remembered just how many guns were shooting at as the other night. Might be good to have another pony while we’re searching around out there”
>Picking around her food, she pauses a moment before going on
>”You know, I was talking to one of the other managers that likes to camp around, and he told me there’s some cave complexes up in the hills outside town. Sounds like a good place to hide for a bunch of thieves to me”
>>
>>29383521
good catch, We will have to keep an eye out for caves.
>>
Pausing
>>
It's only a matter of time now.
>>
We are gonna need to give umbra a bounty hunter alias.
>>
Let's begin to prepare.
>>
>>29385359
What were the names again?
Black Scarf, Gold Earring and Jewel?
We should call Garnet the Red Jewel, and he could be Silver Fang.
>>
Mango Mangler
>>
>>29385359
Fruity
>>
>>29386079
That actually sounds pretty good.
>>
Big Booty Bat Bounty Bhunter
>>
beb
>>
“Good catch, We will have to keep an eye out for caves”
>Your eyes wander back to Umbra, the bat still smiling
“You’re gonna need a bounty hunter alias”
>”A what?”
“Take me for example. I’m black scarf”
>”… Why?”
“Because I own a black scarf and it’s quite fancy, thank you. But Garnet here is Jewel, don’t think that needs explaining. And Velvet is Gold Earing”
>”I can’t believe you still want to call me that”
“You like earrings Velvet. It was my only option”
>”Why not Skubbed Horn?”
“… How about no?”
>As she puffs up to respond, Umbra cuts in
>”So uh, do I like make a name or something?”
“Sure, go ahead”
>”Hmmm. How about… Fruity!”
>His grin grows wider
“Um, that’s nice and all, but how about something more vicious?”
>”O-oh, okay. What about Fruit Fang?”
“… How about Silver Fang?”
>”But, they’re white”
“Trust me, it sounds better”
>”Well, alright. Silver Fang it is”
>He smirks to himself, obviously amused by his new moniker
>”So, what else do I have to do? I got a gun, and a cool code name. Surely there’s gotta be more bounty hunting”
>>
>>29389351
It's just finding and capturing criminals, preferably alive. The hard part is the actual doing it and anything unexpected that happens.
>>
“It's just finding and capturing criminals, preferably alive”
>The bat whips out a small notepad, furiously scribbling
>”Alive… got it!”
“Uh… well the hard part is the actual doing it and anything unexpected that happens”
>”I’m good at doing things, trust me”
“I’m sure you are”
>Umbra takes a bite of his fruit, motioning to Velvet
>”I suppose it’s time we got back to the oat department. Some guy fell in before break and we have to shift through it until we find him”
“I’m sorry, what?”
>”Bye Guri, bye Garnet!”
>The two ponies trot off side by side, heading for the door
>You feel the tuft of your tail tickled under the table, Garnet’s tail swishing by
>”So, you’ve got a food manager, a fruit nerd, and law suit waiting to happen in unicorn form. Who are you recruiting next, a baticorn?”
>>
>>29389689
Nah. Those never existed.
>>
“Nah. Those never existed”
>”I don’t know Guri, how do you explain all those sightings?”
“All those guys were probably high on catnip. I’ve seen wackier things than that after using it”
>The griffoness stands up, getting in a quick stretch
>”The truth is out there Guri. And so is my paper work. I’ll see you after the shift”
>Joining her, you go exit the cafeteria, going your separate ways
>Cutting meat for four hours straight can be mind numbing, but luckily you stave off boredom by thinking about all the neat stuff you can buy when you finally bag this pyro”
>Like those fancy stuffed mice with the catnip in them. You always wanted one of those
>Through the sheer willpower of you imagining batting it around all day, you’re caught off guard as the whistle blows, signaling the end of the work day
>Throwing off your apron you bolt for the exit like a bat out of hell, looking for your partner in crime
>She lies not too far away, putting away a clipboard as you approach, various other griffons continuing on through the doors
>”You know, if you weren’t a bounty hunter I’d find it a little odd how to can always find me so quickly”
“All part of the job, baby”
>She gives you a shove, heading for the door as you quickly follow
>”So, not that I’m a pampered house cat or anything, but it’s been a while since I’ve been trekking through the wilderness. You got any tips for what I should bring if we’re actually searching for him out there tonight?”
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29390024
Well if might be going into caves we should bring some kind of light source.
>>
beb
>>
>>29391630
>>
Getting yourself bumped from 10.
>>
>>29392211
>>
bepity bep
>>
Maybe bring some basics like rope, a lighter, perhaps a knife though i guess our talons should make do. Normally I would say bring so food too but we probably won't be out for long so that isn't too important.
>>
>>29393712
>>
“Well if might be going into caves we should bring some kind of light source”
>”I think I got an old lantern back at home somewhere”
“Me and Velv have one too. But other than that, maybe bring some basics like rope, a lighter, perhaps a knife though I guess our talons should make do”
>”I just filed mine last night…”
>She hold up a hand, giving her digits a wiggle in front of your face
“They look like they could cut some rope to me”
>”They did a number on my scratching post”
>God, you wish you were on a manager’s paycheck
>Making a turn, you both head for the main exit, plenty of other pushing through the double doors
“ Other than that, I don’t think there’s much else. Normally I would say bring so food too but we probably won't be out for long so that isn't too important”
>”Eh, I’ll eat before I go”
>Stepping outside, she gives you a quick pat on the cheek
>”See you in a couple hours, hm?”
“Alright, we can all just meet at my place”
>Agreeing, she spreads her wings and launches into the sky, progressively getting harder to see as with all the other griffs in the sky
>”Hey, check it out”
>Turning, you find Velvet standing before you
>… With a miner’s helmet on her head
“Velv… what the heck are you doing?”
>”Isn’t it neat? Check it, the light even works!”
>With a click of her magic the light on the forehead brightens up, causing you to squint
“Where did you even find that thing?”
>”Sometimes on break I head down to the boiler room to explore. Found this and a whole bunch of other cool stuff in there. Look!”
>The mare holds up a cage, a small bird inside, tweeting frantically
>”A genuine mine canary! Now we can explore those caves in safety”
>>
>>29395435
Someone who works down there is going to be pissed. Damnit, Velvet.
>>
>>29395435
Nice helmet, but lets not take the bird. I don't think gas will be a problem, seeing as we're not going to be mining anything. We probably want to stay quiet too.
>>
>>29395435
why is there mining gear in a food factory boiler room?
>>
“Someone who works down there is going to be pissed. Damnit, Velvet”
>”They won’t miss a thing, there’s plenty of other supplies down there”
“Why is there even mining gear in a food factory boiler room?”
>”I don’t know, it’s like a mine I guess. It’s all dark, and musty, and stuff”
“Well it is a nice helmet, but let’s not take the bird. I don't think gas will be a problem, seeing as we're not going to be mining anything”
>The bird begins to tweet again, signing a small song much to Velvet’s apparent pleasure
“We probably want to stay quiet too. So go ahead and put the bird ba-“
>”Oh come on Guri, let’s keep him!”
“What? Velvet you just can’t take it”
>”Please Guri, he must get lonely down there in the dark. Poor little guy needs some sunlight and fresh air”
>The yellow canary begins to hop around the cage, Velvet holding it closer to your face
>”I even picked out a name for him…. Lil’ Guri!”
>>
>>29395789
Gee thanks. Fine, you can keep him, but he's your responsibility, and the moment he annoys me too much I'm eating him.
>>
>>29395789
If you feel bad for him you should let him free.
No bird should be caged up.
>>
>>29395789
You and pets don't mix well Velvet, remember what happened to the last one?
I still have nightmares about that cat.
>>
“Gee thanks”
>She smiles, attention turning back to the bird
“You know, you and pets don't mix well Velvet, remember what happened to the last one? I still have nightmares about that cat”
>”He was trying to replace you, I could see it in his eyes!”
>She looks off in the distance for a moment, ear twitching
>“But this one’ll be different, honest! Besides, I’m doing him a favor, getting him out of that basement”
“If you feel bad for him you should let him free .No bird should be caged up”
>”Then why do you keep hanging out with me?”
>You raise a talon to respond, but it slowly lowers, your eyes squinting
>Hmm…
“…. Fine, you can keep him”
>”Alright!”
“But he's your responsibility, and the moment he annoys me too much I'm eating him”
>She immediately hugs the cage, turning it away from you as she scrunches
>”Lay a talon on Lil’ Guri and I’m stuffing your sorry ass in this cage as a replacement”
>You can’t help but smirk at her reaction
“Noted. Now come on, let’s get your little friend home”
>You take hold of her, lifting into the air without a word
>Never thought you’d see the day that a bird was carrying a pony carrying a bird
>>
>Getting back home soon afterwards Velvet quickly rushes through the door, excitedly beginning to clear a home for her friend
>By the time you drop your bags and lazily spread out on the bed the cage is already suspended by a hook next to the window, bird tweeting away
>”How neat is this? His voice is a lot less shrill than yours”
>As you lay there the door cracks open, you and Velvet greeted with a pair of black and white ponies poking their heads in the room
>”So there IS a bird in here”
>Zara looks to you, giggling
>”Well, another one”
>”Yup! Lil’ Guri is here to stay!”
>The zebras trot in the room, gathering around the cage with Velvet
>”Aww, isn’t he adorable?”
>”You know, we used to raise songbirds just like him”
>”Yeah, well you better watch it. Guri says if he sings, he’ll eat him!”
>All three mares turn to you as you lay there, stern looks on their faces
“… What?”
>”Guri, for shame! He’s just a little bird”
>”Yeah, and isn’t that like cannibalism?”
>>
>>29396366
I'm a griffon, not a bird. Half cat, remember?
>>
>You scoff, sitting up a bit
“I'm a griffon, not a bird. Half cat, remember?”
>”Still, he’s like your cousin, or… nephew. Or something”
>Zara puts a hoof on her lip, apparently deep in thought about that
>”Uh, well congrats on your new pet. But guess what?”
>She hugs her sister close, breaking Zara’s train of thought
“’Darning’ and ‘Armscye’ just got jobs down at the fabric factory”
“Really? That’s great!”
>”And Zara and Wonga have been checked out of this inn. Good thing the room was quickly snatched up by Darning and her sister”
>They wiggle their eyebrows, tiny smiles on their muzzles
>”Wonga and Zara are no longer around. Just us ponies now, officially”
>>
>>29396637
Good to hear. How long do you think you'll have to stay pony?
>>
Pausing
>>
beb
>>
>>29396705
That's probably gonna be when they don't have a warrant anymore. Or there debt is paid.
>>
There's room for only one birb here
>>
>>29397567
>>
>>29399005
>>
tweet
>>
Its only a matter of time until the Canary tries to replace us.
>>
beb
>>
bek
>>
>>29400009
but then
>>
>>29402280
the bird
>>
>>29402915
will try
>>
>>29400778
>>
rip
>>
>>29404247
>>
>>29403449
to steal
>>
>>29405164
>>
>>29405813
no, (you)
>>
>>29406323
me?
>>
“Good to hear. How long do you think you'll have to stay pony?”
>”Well, not really up to us. Guess until we raise enough cash to pay the debt. Or they just give up and pull the warrant. Whichever comes first”
“Just keep up the act, you’ll have nothing to worry about. Honestly can’t tell that you used to be zebras, to be honest”
>”Still zebras at heart, Guri”
>The canary begins to tweet a few notes, Velvet smiling
>”He’s almost as good a singer as I am”
“Yeah well at least he doesn’t hog the shower for an hour to do it”
>”But it’s essential! The moisture really opens up my vocal cords!”
>You just roll your eyes
>”Well, we just wanted to stop in and say hi. Enjoy your new pet”
>”Don’t worry, WE will! Right Guri?”
“Oh I’ll be sure to”
>She scrunches, your neighbors laughing as they make for the door, saying goodbye
>Soon after, you’re alone with your roommate once more
>And your new feathered companion you guess
>”You know, I’ve been thinking…”
>Here we go
>The most dangerous thing in the world is Velvet alone with her thoughts
>”Let’s say we bag this guy. That’s a few hundred bits right there”
“Yeah?”
>”Then let’s say we get a few of his friends. I’d say there were at least five or six of them shooting at us the other night. Whoever they are, they’ve probably got some bounties on their heads too”
“Where are you going with this?”
>”I’m saying that we might be walking into a pretty good pay out. And we might be able to afford our own place! No more renting around at run down inns anymore, we can finally settle down for a while”
>>
>>29407700
Lets not count our chickens before they're hatched. we checked for those guys on the bounty board before, remember? We don't know if we'll get anything from bringing in somebody without a bounty besides warm fuzzy feelings.
>>
“Let’s not count our chickens before they're hatched. we checked for those guys on the bounty board before, remember? We don't know if we'll get anything from bringing in somebody without a bounty besides warm fuzzy feelings”
>”Well they cycle those things out, maybe it’s just been a while since they’ve been charged”
“Maybe. But keep in mind, maybe not”
>”Well I’m turning in anyone who takes a shot at me anyway, so it can’t hurt to try”
>The door shudders, someone knocking on it
“Who is it?”
>”Your boss”
>It creeks open, Garnet walking on in, lantern in hand
“What’s up, Garnet?”
>”Not much… I found this on the way in”
>A bat pony comes out from beside her, big eyes and even bigger smile present
>Umbra has a backpack on, a small pistol tucked into his straps
>”I’m ready to fight crime and bring justice to this city!”
>>
>>29408079
Lets bring him up to speed on the bounty that we're after. Also, how heavy is that backpack and does he have any outdoors experience?
>>
>>29408079
What a nerd.
>>
>You shoot Velvet a glance, the mare giggling
“Alright, well since this is your first day, I suppose we need to bring you up to speed”
>He nods, grabbing a seat as Garnet walks on by, checking out your canary
“So pretty much this guy’s wanted for burning down several buildings. We caught him last night trying to set fire to a warehouse, but some of his partners attacked us. Long story short there was a shootout and he got away”
>”Alright, got it”
“We think they might be out in the scrubland outside town, because his sister told us that he was with a minotaur, which me and Velvet say when we were out there practicing shooting”
>He nods, still smiling
“And uh, that’s pretty much it. Bring him in alive if you can”
>You peer to the floor, eyeing his backpack
“How heavy is that?”
>”Oh not too heavy. Just got a canteen, some rope, hoofcuffs, some other little things in it I thought I’d need”
“Alright… got any outdoors experience?”
>”Uh, well I went camping once. But I didn't have the best time"
"Why not?"
>"M marshmallow caught on fire, and things got out of hand when I tried to put it out. That's how I got this"
>He turns, lifting up a wing to show a sizable bald patch
>>
>>29408406
We need to hear the full story on this one.
>>
>You look around the room, both Garnet and Velvet peering at the burn, dumbfounded
“We need to hear the full story on this one”
>Umbra seems to become aware of everyone staring at him, his wing cautiously folded once more
>”O-oh… there isn’t much too it, really”
“You just can’t put that out there and not give us the whole thing, bud”
>”Yeah, let’s hear it!”
>His eyes flick to Velvet before looking back to you
>”Well, I started swinging it around to put it out, but the marshmallow flew off the stick”
>He makes a sailing motion with his hoofs
>”And it flew directly inside my tent. Whole thing went up in flames”
“Then what?”
>”I run inside it to save the bag of fruit I brought. And to this day I maintain that it was worth the burn”
>Try as you might, you can’t hold back your snicker, even Garnet failing to do so
>Velvet is outright laughing, much to his embarrassment
“Neat story. Let’s hope we don’t see a repeat out there”
>Standing up, you stretch, grabbing your gun and pack
>Prompting the others, they all file out into the hallway one by one, Velvet locking the door behind you
>Hitting the streets, you grab Velvet, Garnet and Umbra spreading their wings as you all flap away in formation
>…
>The sun beats down more intensely now that there aren’t any buildings to provide shade, only low shrubs and dried grasses rising above the parched earth
>Cliffs about a mile away break up the horizon, the rock faces to the west in stark contrast with the featureless expanse in the opposite direction
>Fanning out, you all begin to walk along the babbling creek, the clear water flowing towards town
>Eyes scanning, you look for anything that seems out of the ordinary
>”Hey!”
>You crane your neck, Velvet kicking around some dirt
>”Here’s where we were the other day. These are my bullet casings”
>Looking across the creek, you spot the area you saw the ponies and minotaur in, rocky outcrops a few hundred meters away
>>
Pausing
>>
>>
>>29409158
We should look for tracks.
>>
>>29409730
>>
>>29411478
>>
bip
>>
dum bird
>>
>>29413610
>>
>>29409158
Time to show off our hunting skills.
>>
beb
>>
Bird is the word.
>>
Childhood is when you idolize Guri.
Adulthood is when you realize that Lil' Guri made more sense
>>
whap
>>
>>29416024
>>
“Alright, this is where we were alright. We should start looking for tracks, especially across the creek”
>Coming up the banks of the stream, you proceed to leap across it, you wings giving you a nice push
>Looking back Umbra and Garnet do the same, Velvet gracefully skipping from rock to rock until she gets to the other side
>”Weren’t they right over they when we saw them?”
“I think so. And I don’t think it’s rained recently, so we might be able to see if they left any hoof prints”
>”You mean like those?”
>Your heads collectively turn to Garnet, the griffoness casually pointing to some prints in the dry dirt a few meters away
“Uh, yeah. Exactly like those”
>”Well this is gonna be easy”
>Velvet pushes you aside, snoot pointing down at the ground as she follows them like a bloodhound
>Shrugging to Garnet, your band follows the unihound, which voraciously continues on
>Although faint, you can clearly make out the shapes of multiple hooves, one of them certainly not a ponies
>But as you continue on, even your sharp eyes have trouble progressively in making them out from the regular indentations on the desert floor
>The gentle feel of cracked earth is replaced with the crunching of rocks after a while
>”Hey, uh. That’s about as far as I can make them out!”
>Velvet sits perched on an outcrop several feet off the ground, the shadows of the rock formation casting over you as you all catch up to her
>Sure enough as soon as you make it to the rocks all trace of the tracks disappear, no more dirt to preserve them in the area
>Garnet takes a step back, head craning up the rocky hill
>”Well, I figure that we could we could climb up there, might be some crevices up higher. Either that or they went around it and started following the stream. But even that might have washed away tracks”
>>
>>29420841
Did the tracks go straight from here to that stream? Usually, people would try to take the most direct route so we most likely have the general direction of where they're hiding.
>>
>>29420841
Just...check the other side? Unless they like getting wet or had a boat, the shortest path is usually the one they'll take through water
>>
>Looking back at the last identifiable tracks, them just seem to be going forward, which would probably mean they went up the outcrop
>But then again, it couldn’t hurt to check around, because unless they walked through the water, there should at least be something
“Here, I’m gonna go around the other side real quick, see if there’s any more tracks”
>Garnet nods, your wings spreading
>Climbing in the air you watch the rocks continue to fill your vision the higher you go
>You might have underestimated the size of this outcrop
>Going around the hill side, you spot a bend in the stream that nears the rocks, the rest of it snaking away off into the distance
>Darting over quickly, you come to a halt, rushing water filling your ears
>Looking back and forth, you keep your eyes open, but it appears that there’s nothing here
>Even going so far as to jump to the other side, you walk a good 50 yards along the bank, unable to spy anything suspicious
>”Hey Guri!”
>Your head pops up, Garnet’s voice carrying from the other side
>”Velvet found something!”
>Wasting no time you fly back to the other side, confused at first that your party isn’t where you left them
>But looking up, you spy them up on the outcrop, walking along the well-worn smooth stones above
>Taking off once more you soon join them a good 40 or so feet off the ground
“What is it?”
>”Check it out!”
>Velvet peers to a shallow crevice, Umbra’s curious face poking in the hole
>Leaning down, you shine Velvet’s miner light through the crack, revealing a small cavern
>But what catches your eye is the chest along the stone wall, a decently sized one at that
>”I already tried to squeeze under it, it’s too big for a griffon”
>Velvet lowers her head, peering inside
>”I think I can slip through… and it looks like the cavern goes a little further back, there might be more if I can get inside”
>You examine the entrance, unsure if even Velvet could squeeze into it despite her claim
>>
>>29421190
It'd be better not to split up. One of them is a minotuar after all, so there should be a larger entrance somewhere nearby.
>>
“Hold up a second Velvet”
>The mare pauses, her head almost ready to poke through the opening
“We better not split up”
>”Well you and Garnet can’t exactly fit through here”
“Yeah, but one of them is a minotuar after all, so there should be a larger entrance somewhere nearby”
>”Guri’s right, there’s no way they use this as an entrance”
>She mulls over Umbra’s statement, eventually shrugging
>”Alright, I suppose we could look for another way in”
>Immediately you all begin to fan out, but not too far, making sure to stay well within each other’s sight
>Hopping from rock to rock, you realize just how daunting a task searching for another opening is, even if it can’t be far
>Various crevices and false entrances pocket the area, not to mention a few holes that drop straight down if you aren’t paying attention
>Moving around a stray cactus, you continue on down a pass
>Your feathers begin to stand on end ever so slightly, the temperature dropping
>Turning a corner, you find yourself staring at a sizable opening, one large enough for even you to walk through to problem
>Holding up a lantern, you observe the rocky walls trail off, disappearing into the darkness
>>
>”You think this is it?”
“Can’t hurt to try. It’s the most likely thing we’ve seen so far”
>Quickly rounding up Velvet and Umbra you all bunch up, going through it one at a time
>Cautiously moving forward, the lantern illuminates the way, cold soil crunching under your paws
>”Hey Guri, look”
>You snap your head, Garnet pointing to a charred pile of wood not even 20 feet from the cave entrance that you somehow stepped over
>”Looks like an old campfire”
>She bends down, dusting aside some dirt near it to reveal a glint
>A few golden bits lie on the ground, probably dropped in error
>”Well, no doubt someone’s been in this cave”
>As she says that, all your heads whip back to the front, something obviously catching all your ears
>Further back in the cave it sounds as if a rock slid, banging against the floor of the cave, but you can’t be sure
>>
>>29421518
Spooky. Listen for a minute, and if nothing else happens proceed.
>>
>>29421518
kick a pebble in
>>
>All of you stand there silently, your breaths the only noise you dare make
>A minute goes by with no further noise, your eyes flicking to the ground
>With a kick, you send a pebble down the cave shaft, the small rock echoing as it bounces into the blackness
>No further noise is received
“Spooky…”
>None of your friends respond, each still no doubt listen with their ears perked up
>With a wave you flag them forward, lantern casting light along the path
>Trudging forward, the light from the entrance dims out as you inevitably make a turn down the path
>However, as that light fades behind you, a sliver of daylight can be seen
>Up ahead is what you presume to be the small crack you were looking in previously
>Adjusting the lantern, a chest along the wall confirms your suspicion
>”Neat, it’s like buried treasure”
>Velvet darts forward, Umbra not far behind as they make their way up to it
>In the mean time you peer around the small room, looking for anything else
>Besides a couple of empty bottles, the rest of the area seems like a natural cave
>A deep creaking turns your head, the ponies huffing as they push the lid up
>It makes a couple tries, but it eventually gives, a find sheet of dust kicking up into a cloud
>Coughing, they rear their heads back, waiting for it to clear
>”Oh neat. Guri, Garnet, come check it out”
>Velvet waves to you, Garnet moving alongside
>Looking over the excited ponies, you lift up the lantern, chest contents revealed
>Several old rifles and pistols lay neatly arranged inside, a few boxes of ammunition in the bottom
>In addition, a stack of bits lies in a small box, maybe about a hundred or so altogether
>”Is this a find, or what?”
>”I wouldn’t be too sure…”
>>
>Garnet steps forward, reaching into it
>”What do you mean? It looks like good evidence to me”
>Your girlfriend lifts one of the rifles, holding it up in the light
>”Look at this rust. They don’t look like they’re in the best of shape”
>”So? It’s a bit damp in here”
>”Did you notice the cloud of dust? These things have been here a while. Years even”
>She points back the way you came
>”Even that campfire’s coals looked ancient. Whoever put this stuff here must have forgotten about it… or intended for them never to be found”
>>
>>29421874
That doesn't explain the sound we heard earlier.
>>
“That doesn't explain the sound we heard earlier”
>Garnet looks around at the room, eventually shrugging
>”Looks like there’s plenty of loose rocks in here to me”
>She reaches up to a small ledge on the wall, raking a few small stones which clatter onto the floor
>”Could have been just that. A falling rock. Doesn’t mean anyone knocked it over, it just happens”
>Looking over, Velvet and Umbra shift through the Chest, the mare greedily stuffing the money in her bag for later
>”Doesn’t look like there’s much else in here. Besides, if someone was in here, where would they run to? This is the end of the crevice”
>>
>>29422130
It may just be a hidden cache of weapons. We should take it for posterity.
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29422130
We are splitting those bits Velvet.
>>
>>29422130
Rock illusion? fake door? trap door?
>>
>>29422130
"illusory door ahead."
>>
>>29422277
good luck reasoning with a pinhead
>>
bep
>>
dum birds
>>
>>29422130
See if you can find anything usable, leave all the rusted junk.
>>
“Oh really now”
>”Uh, yeah?”
“Well then how do you explain… THIS!”
>You reach out, grasping at the back wall
>All you can feel is solid stone
>Frantically patting around, it all feels the same
>”… You ok there, Guri?”
“Yeah, just um. Just thought maybe there’d be an illusory door or something”
>”It’s some outlaws Guri, not a secret supervillain headquarters”
>Velvet and Umbra begin to snicker, your eyes rolling
“Alright, well I guess that’s all that’s in this place. We might as well take the crate for posterity”
>You walk over, beginning to take out the guns just to make sure nothing else is inside
“That looks like everything… oh and Velvet we’re sharing those bits”
>All you get is a scrunch in response, the mare caught red hoofed
“Now come on and help move this thin-“
>Pulling up, the crate doesn’t even budge an inch
>Huh. It doesn’t look that heavy
>With another upward tug you strain your muscles, determined to get it off the ground
>Even with Velvet and Umbra’s help you release your grip after a few second, panting
>”That sucker’s wedged down in there real good, huh?”
>Eyeing the unmovable crate, you curiously look inside once more, peering at the wooden bottom
“Something’s not right…”
>Reaching out you touch the bottom, giving it a knock
>A sharp echo sounds back much to your surprise
>”What is it?”
“Hold this”
>Passing your lantern to the mare, your talons grip the bottom of the chest, giving a swift pull upwards
>It comes flying up with ease, you nearly falling backwards
>Dumbfounded, a set of pony and griffon faces all gather around the chest, staring downwards
>The rungs of a ladder go down along the face of the rock, a tunnel barely wider than yourself heading into the total blackness below
>>
>>29425944
A more mundane secret passage, but still a secret passage.
>>
“Well… A more mundane secret passage then a trick wall, but still a secret passage”
>”Here, take this”
>Velvet smacks the helmet upon your head, turning on the light
>”You found it, you go first”
>Rolling your eyes you give your shotgun a quick tug, ensuring that it’s firmly slung on your back
>Gently, you place a paw down into the crate, the soft pads touching the cold metal of the first rung
>Lowering the next one, you grab onto the ladder, slowly making your way down
>It lowers about 20 feet into the ground before you feel the crunch of dirt beneath you, hopping off the ladder
>Quickly peering around the beam of light illuminates the small area, everything deathly silent
>Looks like an ordinary crevice to you
>… Well, except for the file cabinet against the wall
>”Anything down there?”
“Yeah, just hold up a second. I’ll be back”
>Cautiously, you move towards the cabinet
>Although the ‘office’ is quite small, the flood of darkness makes it difficult to see anything not directly in front of your helmet
>Reaching out, your talons wrap around one of the metal handles, wheels of the drawer creaking as it’s slowly pulled out
>Coming to a stop, the open drawer reveals its contents, which are predictably files, a good few dozen of them
>Picking one out at random you open it up, light shining upon the pages
>A picture of some kind of building is front and center, a date beneath it from nearly five months ago
>An X is scrawled over a line, which you make out to say ‘Fine Stringer’
>Other than that, the page is blank, save for a number at the bottom corner
>10,458.51
>”Guri, you ok down there? You want us to stay here?”
>>
>>29426503
What kind a building?
>>
“Just hold up there for a moment”
>You can hear Velvet sigh in annoyance even from down here
>Glancing back at the paper, it doesn’t exactly list what the building is, but if you had to guess it looks industrial, maybe a mill or something
>Setting it down your nimble claws pick out another, popping it open
>Once again the format is the same
>Photo of a building, a date, crossed name, and number at the bottom
>Just to be sure a third is chosen randomly, unsurprisingly following suit as the others
>The photo on this one is no doubt a warehouse though
>”What’s that?”
“AH!”
>Your wings spread, paws coming off the ground as you jump
>The file clatters to the ground but is quickly picked up in a soft blue glow
>”Geez Guri, no need to be a scaredy cat”
>Velvet flips the paper around, studying it before it’s lowered, her eyes falling on the file cabinet
>”That whole thing filled with these? The hell even is this?”
>>
>>29426813
Lets show Garnet to see if any of those look familiar.
>>
“I don’t know. Here, watch out”
>You grab a handful of files, heading towards the ladder
>”Where are you going?”
“Just hang tight. I’m passing these to Garnet”
>Taking a few steps up the ladder your hand pokes up through the chest, papers in its grasp
>”What’re those?”
“There’s a file cabinet down here filled with em’. Do me a favor and tell me if you recognize any of these”
>She politely takes them, the sounds of paper rustling as the griffoness no doubt scours though the files
>Hanging out on the ladder for a minute you can hear the sounds of Velvet getting into the various drawers down there, no doubt searching for money or anything cool to take
>”Hey… I think I recognize this one”
“Really?”
>Looking up, your face peers down to you, turning the file to display a photo
>”I read about this when I first got into town. The next city over had a feed mill burn down, total loss. This photo looks a lot like the one I remember seeing in the newspaper. The date matches up too”
>>
>>29427140
So we got a list of targets.
>>
>>29427140
I wonder if there are any future targets among the files.
>>
“So we got a list of targets I guess”
>”Seems like it, I see no other reason why this thing would exist”
“I wonder if there are any future targets among the files?”
>”I wouldn’t count on it”
>You look back down the ladder, Velvet’s face peering up at you
>”I just shifted through everything in there. All the files have the X crossed through the names. I can only assume that means the target got torched”
"You sure?"
>"Yeah, you can come check it you want. Plus the warehouse we were at last night isn't in there"
>>
>>29427465
So they only store completed jobs here? Does it look like anything was removed?
>>
“So they only store completed jobs here?”
>”Looks like it. I went through all those drawers and that’s all I found”
>Sliding back down the ladder, you briefly put your hand up, Velvet’s light shining in your eyes before she moves it away
“Does it look like anything was removed?”
>”I don’t really think there’s any way of telling. But for three file drawers, just a couple dozen files seems kinda low”
>Eyes slowly scanning the cave, you pick up on nothing else
>Still looks awkward as all hell just having a single file cabinet in the middle of an otherwise pristine cavern
>”I really don’t think there’s anything else in here. Maybe they store things in different areas of the outcrop? This is just one little cave after all”
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29427685
Lets quickly see if anything is hiding under the cabinet.
>>
mep
>>
bip
>>
>>29430389
>>
>>29431365
>>
caves suck
>>
“You might be right”
>Walking past her you approach the cabinet, all of the files in a stack from Velvet
>Bending over, you look underneath it, just to make sure you got everything
>Dirt greets you, same as the rest of the floor
>”What are you doing?”
“Nothing. Come on, let’s grab all this stuff”
>You and Velvet proceed to rake in all the files into your bags, making sure every last one is accounted for
>Velvet scrambles up the ladder first, you not far behind
>Gripping the edge of the chest, your body is pulled through, Umbra and Garnet awaiting as Velvet clambers out right before you
>Garnet reaches out, giving you a tug, your paws crunching on the dirt
>”You grab everything?”
“Yeah, we got all the files. Nothing else down there though”
>”Good, because it’s starting to get late. Sun should be going down in like an hour and a half or so”
>>
>>29433540
Lets head out and look around a bit more.
>>
“Well come on. Let’s head out and look around a bit more”
>Once more making sure the files are tucked neatly against your side you lead the way out, helmet light guiding the way
>Exiting the cavern soon after you note that the sunlight is becoming more vibrant and rich, shadows getting longer
>Won’t be too long until it slips under the horizon
>”I think we should head down that pass a little ways. If they’re mostly ponies, I doubt they’d be picking caves to hide in that require some flight to get to”
“Fair enough. Plus we don’t really have the time to be hopping from rock to rock anyway”
>The four of you set down the semi trail, heading between massive boulders as you keep your eyes open for more cave entrances
>For half an hour you scour the rock faces, but turn up short
>The only living things that greet you are shrubs, cacti, and an occasional scorpion scurrying on by from under a rock
>Although some openings are found, most of them are far too shallow or small to even consider hiding it, and the search for a more plausible entrance alludes your group
>Garnet huffs, wiping some sweat off her face
>Looking back, Umbra seats himself on a rock, greedily drinking from a canteen as Velvet casually kicks pebbles off the side of a ridge
>”It might be time to call it a day Guri”
>The griffoness motions towards the sun, now hanging low in the orange sky
>”We could come back tomorrow and look around in a different area, but I don’t think it’d be wise to be out here when it gets dark”
"Yeah, you might be righ-"
>You all snap your heads at the same time, no doubt in your minds as to why
>A couple rocks clatter down the side of a rock face behind you, crashing down the side of the outcrop
>They echo as their descent continues, eventually coming to a rest below
>Peering up, you notice a bit of dirt sliding down the side of the rock face where they came from, maybe a ten yard distance upwards
>"... M-maybe it was just some erosion?"
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29433881
We shouldn't make assumptions. Go check and have our gun ready.
>>
>>29433881
...probably not. Better move quietly.
>>
Bleh
>>
bluh
>>
blah
>>
Are they cats, or are they birds?
>>
>>29437862
cirds or bats
>>
File: 1441330815438.png (87KB, 603x488px) Image search: [Google]
1441330815438.png
87KB, 603x488px
>>29437947
>>
bep
>>
bup
>>
>>
>>29442186
>>
>>29443957
>>
canaries a good
>>
>>29445910
>>
>You all remain silent for a while, nothing further happening
“… Probably not. We shouldn't make assumptions”
>Garnet looks back up to the ridge, Velvet peering at you questioningly
“I’ll give it a look. Just hand tight”
>Spreading your wings, you make sure that your gun is ready, lifting off
>Soon covering the distance you touch down, giving a quick sweep
>Nothing greets you, only more rocks and sun baked dirt
>”What’s up there?”
>You peek over the side, your three partners awaiting an answer
“I don’t see anything yet, just hold up”
>Your eyes carefully scan, looking for moment
>But the only thing they catch is a scurrying lizard
>Satisfied that nobody’s around you look around at the dirt at your paws, directly overlooking the edge
>A shallow indent is found, dirt and small rocks pushed aside
>Almost as if someone was lying there earlier, peering over the side
>In addition what looks like tracks can be seen going off for a few feet, but disappear once the dirt gives way to more rocky ground
>”Guri, the sun’s starting to go down! You finished up there?”
>>
>>29448667
Direction?
>>
>Before you answer you peer back at the tracks
>They go out straight head, but honestly that isn’t too helpful considering they only go a couple body lengths before disappearing
>Taking a few steps forward, you gaze across the outcrops before you, multiple paths and crevices whoever it was could have taken
>Snapping out of it, you note the position of the sun, your shadow extending cross the rocks
>There’s probably only about half an hour of daylight left if you wanted to pursue, plus you all still have to get back to town
>>
>>29449154
We'd best tell the others someone was probably watching us and head back as quick as we can.
>>
>Although you really want to catch the rat that was spying on you, you feel like there’s no way you could catch him before night fall
>Reluctantly you turn around, giving a small hop off the side, wings flapping the reduce the speed
>Landing before your friends, they all crowd around
>”So? Anything up there?”
“Someone was probably watching us”
>”You sure?”
“Positive”
>”Well what are we waiting for? Gimme a boost!”
>Velvet points up to the ridge, expecting you to whisk her away
“I don’t think we should go after him. There’s almost no way we’d get a hold of them before the sun set”
>”So you’re saying we’re just gonna let him go?”
“Sorry Velvet, I don’t think we have a choice”
>Garnet looks once more at the sun, nodding
>”Guri’s right. We need to leave now if we want to get back to the city before nightfall”
>The mare sighs, but nonetheless shrugs her shoulders
>”Alright, whatever. We’ll get him later anyway”
>It doesn’t take long for you all to take to the air, flying in a line back to town
>The fainter the sun becomes, the brighter the lights of the city seem to become, making your journey easier than expected
>Touching down not long after the sun disappeared, you all find yourselves back outside the inn, huddling up on the sidewalk
>”Well, that was a neat little excursion, huh guys?”
>Velvet’s nerd of a coltfriend grins enthusiastically, the mare rolling her eyes
>”Yeah, but we didn’t get to lay down the law on anyone!”
“Calm down Velvet, we still got a pretty big clue”
>Patting your bag, you feel the files shuffle inside
>”So…”
>Your girlfriend steps forward
>”We try the same thing tomorrow I guess? I guess you could comb through the files more thoroughly tonight, see if there’s any info we can use the next time we go searching around”
>>
>>29449646
We definitely need to do some research.
>>
>>29449646
We need to be careful next time. They might know we're snooping around now. I think we might be best off trying to grab one of them leaving the area.
>>
“We definitely need to do some research, yes. Me and Velv can look through this stuff tonight”
>”Perfect. At work tomorrow you can tell me and Umbra what you found. Might make our next exploration a little easier”
“Well, when we do go back out there we need to be more careful. They might know we're snooping around now”
>”If you thought someone was on that ridge, then it’s almost definite”
“Yeah. I think we might be best off trying to grab one of them leaving the area, get some info out of them”
>”If we can, I see no reason not to”
>Her beak opens up, a yawn escaping
>”I need to get back home though. My shower awaits”
>”I like the way you think, Garnet!”
>Velvet gives her a hoofs up
>”Thank you, Velvet. But it was fun, see you two tomorrow!”
>She reaches out, giving you a quick kiss
>Giving her a goodbye, you watch the griffoness fly off
>Turning around you find Velvet and Umbra hugging
>”See you at work tomorrow, Velvy”
>”I’m looking forward to it”
>With a huge grin she gives him a wave, the bat flying away
“… Cute”
>”S-shut up!”
>You just laugh at her scrunch, stepping inside the inn
>Marching up the stairs, you sigh as you pull out a key, Velvet vibrating in place at the prospect of a hot shower
>Pushing open the door, you take a deep breath, pleased to be back
>Home sweet… home?
>You look at the fallen lamp on the floor, shade all bent up
>A pot is knocked off the dresser as well
>Cautiously stepping further inside, you find a pack of cracks in the kitchen to be ripped open, tiny crumbs everywhere
“What in the hell?”
>”Lil’ Guri, no!”
>Looking over, the canary causally sits on top of his cage, singing a few notes
>His cage door lies slightly ajar
>>
>>29450085
Somebody broke in.
>>
>>29450085
Wow, that didn't take long. That's strike one for your birdy, V. At strike three I might get hungry.
>>
>>29450160
I'm pretty sure it was the bird.
>>
>>29450085
Oh god the bird is already starting to establish dominance, its happening again!
>>
>At first you think that someone might have broken in, but as you look around and fail to find anything missing, the truth becomes evident
“Wow, that didn't take long”
>The canary sits there calmly as Velvet runs up to the cage
>”Guess I must have left the cage unlocked”
“Well that's strike one for your birdy, V. At strike three I might get hungry”
>She ceases trying to get the bird to land on her shoulder, spinning around rapidly
>”Guri, you wouldn’t!”
>You just give her a blank look
>”Look, I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking that the bird is trying to establish dominance, and it’s gonna happen all over again just like with the cat”
>As she says that the canary flaps its tiny wings landing on the curtain rod
>”Lil’ Guri didn’t mean any harm. So I won’t have you terrorizing my bird just because he accidentally knocked a lamp over”
>>
>>29450361
Lil' Guri better learn who's Big Guri around here quick, or I'll be terrorizing him with onions.
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29450361
That is what you said with the cat too!
"oh Mittens is harmless" "oh he doesn't mean any harm" "Guri you are being paranoid he didn't try to hit you on the head with that brick he knocked off."
>>
>>29450361
If I catch the bird trying to figure out how to use the shotgun I am putting it down, I'm not gonna take any chances like last time.
>>
around canaries be wary
>>
bird dindu nuffin
>>
justice for Mittens
>>
bep
>>
bip
>>
>>29454359
>>
“That is what you said with the cat too! ‘Oh Mittens is harmless’, ‘oh he doesn't mean any harm’, ‘Guri you are being paranoid he didn't try to hit you on the head with that brick he knocked off’”
>”Ok that time I was wrong, but THIS time is different. Lil’ Guri would never”
“Lil' Guri better learn who's Big Guri around here quick, or I'll be terrorizing him with onions”
>”Guri, please. Just give him another chance”
>You look up to the curtain rod, the bird not even looking like it’s paying attention
>Huffing, you peer back to Velvet
“Fine… But if I catch the bird trying to figure out how to use the shotgun I am putting it down, I'm not gonna take any chances like last time”
>”He’s much too well behaved for that”
>Your roommate turns around, heading for the bathroom
>”Now you two play nice, I’ve got a shower to take!”
>Before you can respond the door slams shut, water turning on soon after
>Spoiled mare
“Alright, looks like we’re gonna need some ground rules, so-… Lil’ Guri?”
>The curtain rod sits unoccupied
>Freezing, your eyes dart back and forth
>That’s when you hear a soft *pomf*
>Glancing over, the feathered menace sits on the bed, dark eyes staring into yours
>>
>>29456874
Alright pal, I'll admit you're cute. If you're gonna make a mess, make sure it's with Velvet's stuff.
>>
>You face him, the bird unmoving
“Alright pal, I'll admit you're cute. If you're gonna make a mess, make sure it's with Velvet's stuff”
>The canary does nothing but blink
>Well, you think you got through to him
“So uh, yeah. Be good”
>Sitting down on the couch you shoot him on more look, Lil’ Guri scratching an itch with his beak
>Raising a book, you sigh, finally able to relax
>Every once in a while you look up, the bird still sitting contently on the bed every time
>Eventually Velvet finishes her shower, steam wafting out of the room as you head in, the towel headed mare hopping on the mattress
>After a long day the surprisingly warm water is a blessing as it runs through your plumage, your wings spreading to take it all in
>Soaping u and rinsing off you take your time drying off, making sure you’re not a sopping mess
>Opening the door you walk back into the room, Velvet casually reading a book on the bed
>However, the bird is no longer on the mattress
“Velvet, where’s you bird?”
>”Hm? Uhhh…”
>She lowers the book for a brief second, eventually pointing a hoof before raising it once more
>”Oh, he’s over there”
>Following her hoof you spy Lil’ Guri on the dresser
>Standing right on top of Velvet’s revolver
>”Curious little guy, aint he?”
>>
>>29457434
You did put the safety on, right?
>>
“You did put the safety on, right?”
>”I don’t think revolvers have safeties. But it’s no big deal, he’s just a bird. What could happen?”
>You shoot the canary another glance, the bird staring you down
>Slowly you walk towards the bed, crawling on top of it before settling down
>Almost immediately Lil’ Guri takes flight, landing right on top of a surprised Velvet’s horn
>”Oh my god… isn’t he precious?!”
“Uh, yeah. Totally”
>The mare’s eyes return to her book, the bird remaining perched on the tip of her horn
>You lay there for a few minutes, just happy to be laying down after spending all day on your paws
>”So, about tomorrow”
“Yeah, what about it?”
>”You think its safe going back out there? I don’t really like the idea that someone was watching us without us knowing”
>>
>>29457754
When are we going to look into all of those files we found?
>>
“Don’t really have a choice, we know for sure that’s where they are now”
>She grunts, returning to her reading
>Rolling over, you eye your bag against the wall
“Hey, when are we going to look into all of those files we found?”
>Velvet shuts her book, the canary fluttering off her horn
>”I suppose we could read em’ over now, not much else to do”
>Nodding, you reach over and dig through the side pocket, Velvet levitating her bag over before opening it up
>Pulling out the few dozen files you both lay back down in bed, making a stack between you
>You reach over, pulling the first one off the top, Velvet getting the next one
>Flipping it open, you begin to scan the pages
>…
>Half an hour later you lay down another folder in the ‘read’ pile, picking up a fresh one
>So far every building has definitely been industrial in nature, and from what you could identify there’s been a few mills, warehouses, a dock, even a small looking factory
>You rub your eyes, yawning as you hear Velvet grab another
>The layout is the same on every one of them
>Picture, crossed out name, what you assume to be a monetary amount on the bottom, and a string of numbers mid page
>”You getting anything out of these?”
“Well, they like to burn industrial buildings for one”
>”You know, I’ve been looking at this numbers here”
>She flips her paper, pointing to one’s mid page
>”I took a map reading class once. I’m pretty sure these are all coordinates. But other than that, there isn’t much here”
>>
>>29458247
Than lets get a map and compare the coordinates to locations.
>>
“Then let’s get a map and compare the coordinates to locations”
>”Sure, just give me a sec”
>She lights up her horn once more, a large paper roll hovering up of the pile of her junk across the room
>Brining it over she spreads it across the bed, revealing a map of Equestria
“… Velvet, where was this when we took all those wrong turns getting here?”
>”I was using it to pad the harness around my withers”
“Velvet, I… never mind”
>She gives you a confused look but shrugs it off, grabbing a file in one hoof, pen in the other
>You watch over her should as she goes through one file after another, taking a minute to plot out each point
>But finally she makes one last dot, putting the final paper down
>”Annnnd, done!”
>With a satisfied grin she turns the map to you, showing her work
>The dots form an almost straight line from Whinnyapolis across the country, rarely deviating away
>The appear in clusters, most of them in decent sized towns along the way before a hundred mile of so gap, reappearing in the next city over
>The final cluster in the chain is directly in the city you’re in now, the furthest west of all of them
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29458550
Well this is bigger than we expected.
>>
>>
>>29458550
They've been at this a while. We need to look into any arsonist sprees in these towns.
>>
>>29461321
>>
bup
>>
bip
>>
“Well, this is bigger than we expected”
>”Yeah no kidding, look at all this”
>She dramatically swishes her hoof back and forth across the map
“They've been at this a while. We need to look into any arsonist sprees in these towns”
>”Good luck, looks like the closest one before us is like a hundred miles away”
>She points to the cluster that’s directly east of your current location, which actually does look like quite a fair distance as opposed to Velvet exaggerating
>”Looks like we’ve only had three attacks in our city, which is less than all the others, even if you count the warehouse they failed to torch. That means they aren’t gonna be done here any time soon”
>>
>>29466317
You know, that boss has to be in on this. I wonder if we can find out more about him at least. He might have came here with them.
>>
>You eye around the map, looking for nothing in particular
“You know, that boss has to be in on this”
>”Well from what you told me, he sounded like a shady dude”
“I wonder if we can find out more about him at least. He might have came here with them”
>”Well hey, I’ve got an idea”
>Velvet sits up, enthusiastically grinning
>”Let’s just call off work tomorrow and dig around town for any useful info”
“Velvet, we just can’t call off work”
>”Sure we can! We live in a free nation with such rights as vacation days… plus if you’re going to be dating a manager you might as well phone in some favors”
>>
>>29466605
I don't want to put Garnet in that position, Velvet. If we're staying off it's on us.
>>
>>29466605
Lets not forget that two of are team will be at work tomorrow.
>>
“I don't want to put Garnet in that position, Velvet. If we're staying off it's on us”
>Sounds fine to me, I’ve got no problem taking off time from oat sorting”
>As she says that she shudders, probably having oat flash blacks
“Let’s not forget that two of our team will be at work tomorrow”
>”Let em’ enjoy work while we snoop around! We can always meet back up with them when there shift ends”
>Well, you suppose there’s no harm in that
>”Point being is, I’m taking tomorrow off and getting to the bottom of what this boss is up to. You’re more than welcome to join me, or you could be a dork who lives the wage slave life”
>She lays back, crossing her hind hooves in smug satisfaction
>>
>>29466972
Yeah, I wouldn't want to be like your boyfriend. That'd be terrible.
>>
“Yeah, I wouldn't want to be like your boyfriend. That'd be terrible”
>Her head snaps to you, mouth agape
>”What did you say?!”
“What? He’s an oat sorting nerd, that’s about all there is to i-“
>A pillow promptly impacts with your face, knocking you off the bed
>Rolling away you look up to find Velvet standing on the bed, enraged
>”You’ll pay for that! Get em’ Lil’ Guri!”
>You hear a tweet, eyes snapping to it
>With a yelp you dive to the side, a yellow blur streaking by at incredible speed
>Getting to your paws you watch the streak come around, slowing to a hover by Velvet’s head
>Both the mare and the canary stare you down, unamused
>”All these months you thought you could just push me along Guri, and I had to take it. Well now that we’ve got you outnumbered, I’M in charge here”
>The bird cheeps, still flapping it’s little wings beside Velvet
>”So are gonna take back what you said about my coltfriend, or are things gonna have to get ugly?”
>>
File: 1329961259328.jpg (19KB, 228x264px) Image search: [Google]
1329961259328.jpg
19KB, 228x264px
>>29467236
You're here, so things are pretty ugly already.
>>
>>29467289
Holy shit
>>
>Your eyes narrow, small grin forming
“Well, you’re here…”
>The mare’s eyebrow lifts in confusion, leaning in
>You can’t help but smirk
“So things are pretty ugly already”
>The mare seems frozen, unsure of what to do
>Slowly but surely however, you notice her begin to vibrate, mouth curling into a snarl
>”What… did you just say?”
“You heard me”
>You can see the flames in her eyes, teeth gritting
“Well? What’re you gonna do about it?”
>In a flash the pillow from the bed is snatched, a whip like crack sounding as it breaks the sound barrier
>Gasping in surprise you duck, feeling the wind snap over your head
“Hah! Missed me!”
>As you stand there smugly, something floats down gently in front of your face
>Bits of feathers settle onto the ground, you watching in shock
>Reaching up, you pat around, feeling that the top of your head feathers had been sliced in half
“That, was a huge mistake”
>She merely snorts, the bird tweeting provocatively beside her
“GAHHHHHH”!
>Without warning you grab the original pillow she tossed at you, the taken back mare barely diving to the side, avoiding your blow
>Swinging forward for another hit, her pillow collides with yours, feathers being tossed from both due to the impact
>Withdrawing, Velvet strikes forward again, you bowing your belly to avoid it
>In slow motion she peers into your eyes, filled with fear as she watches your pillow fall, the mare realizing how dangerously over extended she is
>Your weapon streaks down towards her, Velvet unable to dodge
>>
>Mere inches away from her side however, a yellow blur smacks you in the face, causing your swing to go wild, smacking into the floor
“What the heck?!”
>Velvet rolls back to her hooves, ready to fight once more
>Meeting her, you cock your arms back, the mare squaring up to deflect your blow
>But once again yellow streaks by your line of sight, smacking you in the face, your swing broken up
>Taking a step back and rubbing your cheek, Velvet chuckles darkly
>Looking up the canary hovers by her once more, dark eyes affixed upon you
>”What’s the matter Guri, can’t get a swing in?”
>Your focus snaps back to the bird
>You won’t be able to get a good swing in with that feathered freak buzzing around
>"Might as well give up bud, you've been bested. Surrender now and I MIGHT not turn you into a purrito tonight with the blanket"
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29467748
Not a bad idea. Feint with the pillow, then throw the blanket over the both of them and wrap them up together. Then leave them there and take a nice long shower.
>>
>>29467748
Joke's on you Velv, that sounds pretty great.
>>
bunp
>>
>>29467748
Can we just kill the bird already.
>>
then what happens?
>>
bep
>>
bap
>>
dirty bird
>>
>>29472002
>>
“Joke's on you Velv, that sounds pretty great”
>”Yeah? We’ll see about that”
>Your eyes glance to the blanket on the bed for a fraction of a second, grip on your pillow becoming tighter
>Using your left arm you swing the pillow, Velvet raising hers up to block
>But as they clash your right arm snatches the blanket, cracking it around like a whip
>Too preoccupied with your deflected blow, Velvet doesn’t even see it coming
>The blanket wraps around her neatly as you swing, putting enough force into it so it goes around her body
>Before she can react you spin your arm above her a few times, completing the roll
>Falling to your paws, the Velvetpillar squirms to no use, grunting in annoyance
>”You’ll pay for this! Lil’ Guri, get him! Do something!”
>You glare at the still hovering canary, the bird seemingly frozen as it beats its wings
>But after a second of consideration the little bird turns tail, shooting into its cage at incredible speed
>Sitting on the roosting stick in there, it watches through the bars
>Upon seeing this Velvet sighs, defeated
>”You know one of these days it’s going to be you in the blanket, right?”
>>
>>29473126
And on that day you shall be a real griffon. Until then, you are just a chick.
>>
>>29473126
And when that day comes, I will gladly accept you as the one who gets to cuddle me for the night. Until then, you get to be the burrito.
>>
“And on that day you shall be a real griffon. Until then, you are just a chick”
>”That doesn’t sound like a reward at all”
>You give her a look, the mare just grinning
“Alright, well when it happens I will gladly accept you as the one who gets to cuddle me for the night. But until that time, you get to be the burrito”
>”Well that’s all good, but how about you be a pal and unburrito me?”
>She being sot wriggle on the floor again, even rolling around onto her back
>Her struggles once again met with failure, she pleads
>”Come on! I promise me and Lil’ Guri will behave! It’s a crime to keep ponies burritoed anyway”
>>
>>29473441
You just made that up.

Tell you what, I'll unburrito you if you swear you won't immediately try to burrito me.
>>
>>29473441
It took you all of 2 seconds to turn your "harmless" pet into your own personal attack dog.
You are gonna fix that cage door lock.
>>
>>29473441
Oh? Would you let me out?
>>
“You just made that up”
>”No really! I thought I saw a warrant at the station that said that!”
“Even so, it took you all of 2 seconds to turn your ‘harmless’ pet into your own personal attack dog”
>”Oh come on, what’d he do? Bitchslap you with some tail feathers?”
>You glance over to the cage, the canary flinching ever so slightly as it watches silently
”You are gonna fix that cage door lock”
>”I will! Honest”
>She gives you a shaky grin, eyes full of hope
>Also known as her classic ‘let me off the hook’ face
“Tell you what, I'll unburrito you if you swear you won't immediately try to burrito me”
>”Promise”
“I mean it”
>”Guri I would never go back on my word”
>With a sigh you roll your eyes, grabbing hold of the blanket
>With a snap you send it spinning, the mare rolling away onto the floor, free from her prison
>Almost immediately the canary darts back out of the cage, chirping madly as it lands on her shoulder
>”Come on, let’s go fix your cage”
>Velvet trots over to the window, fiddling with the lock as the bird hangs tight on her withers
>”You know, you may not think it now Guri, but you and Lil’ Guri are gonna be the best of buds. I can feel it”
>>
>>29473719
Uh huh. Maybe if he says sorry first.
>>
“Uh, maybe. if she says he’s sorry first”
>”Oh come on Guri, just look at this face”
>She turns, the canary’s black, soulless eyes looking into yours
>”He’s a good little bird, didn’t mean any harm”
“I’m sure”
>She continues to mess with the cage, eventually placing the bird back inside
>With a click the door shuts
>”There, perfect!”
>The mare walks away, canary pecking at its seed bowl
>”The door is fixed, so you don’t have to worry about getting attacked in the middle of the night
>Yawning, the mare shoves all the files and the map off the bed, smacking the floor as the fall
>Grabbing the blanket she hops onto the mattress, yawning
>”So since we’re taking the day off, we gotta make the most of it. You got a plan for finding out what we need about this guy?”
>>
>>29473918
If he's with them then he must have bought the business. No way they'd keep starting these up from scratch. Maybe the town hall has records?
>>
“If he's with them then he must have bought the business. No way they'd keep starting these up from scratch”
>”Well I figured as much, but we need to know for sure”
“Maybe the town hall has records? Surly someone has a tab on the businesses here”
>”Sounds like as good a plan as any”
>Rolling over, Velvet’s horn lights up, flicking off the night
>”Been a long day Guri. I’ll see you in the morning”
“Night, Velvet”
>You grip the blanket just as she snuggles down into it, attempting to steal as much for herself as possible
>Although you end up with less originally, it’s quite satisfactory, only the tip of your tail poking out
>Closing your eyes you lay there for a while, waiting for sleep to take you as Velvet begins to snore
>…
>”No, get back here”
>You begin to stir, something disturbing your rest
>Slowly opening your eyes the blackness of night still encompasses the room, moonlight just barely shining through the curtains
>A floor board creeks, someone moving in the room
>”Come on Lil’ Guri, quit fooling around”
>Turning your head just a bit you see Velvet looking up at the curtain rod, the blurry, but distinguishable form of a canary upon it
>Speaking in a hushed tone, she stretches out a hoof
>”If Guri finds out you’re flying around, he’s gonna kill you. And then he’s gonna kill me”
>The bird chirps, Velvet shushing it
>>
>>29474242
Put the canary away, Velv.
>>
>>29474242
Chirp back.
>>
>Your beak opens, a small chirp sounding
>Even in the darkness you can see Velvet’s heart stop, the canary merely stretching out its neck to see what’s going on
>”O-oh… hey there Guri”
“Put the canary away, Velv”
>”I’m trying, ok?”
>She reaches out once more, the bird looking at her warily
>”Now come down, it’s bed time!”
>It stares for a second, but with a flick of her wings it lands on her hoof, Velvet gently placing it back in the cage before shutting it
>You can hear her whisper him goodnight before retuning back to bed, snuggling up in the blanket once more
“I thought you said you fixed the lock”
>”I did, but he seemed kinda lonely in the cage. So I let him out for just a little bit to give him some seeds. He was being a bit of a brat though, wanted to stay in the bed with us”
>>
>>29474622
Y'know I'm starting to think we should be calling him lil' Velvet.
>>
Pausing
>>
beb
>>
>>29475399
>>
bird is bad
>>
beep
>>
>>29477717
>>
>>29474622
Well if the bird wants to sleep in at least I will have my breakfast waiting for me when I wake up.
>>
bip
>>
“Well if the bird wants to sleep in at least I will have my breakfast waiting for me when I wake up”
>”He kicked your ass once, and he’ll do it again Guri”
“That was just a warm up. He won’t get a lucky shot in again”
>”Yeah, keep saying that”
>She rolls in the covers, trying to get comfy
“Y'know I'm starting to think we should be calling him lil' Velvet”
>”When he sprouts a horn, maybe. But until then he’s being named after the only other bird here”
>She huffs, snuggling down into the sheets
>It doesn’t take long for her to start snoring again, the canary seeming to have fallen asleep to
>Once more your eyes close, hopeful that this time you won’t be woken up in the middle of the night again
>…
>”Wakey wakey, sleep bird”
>Your beak is poked, eyes cracking open
>An enthusiastic Velvet hovers inches from your face, hoof poking you yet again
“Wha’? What is it?”
>”Isn’t this great? We got to sleep in now that we aren’t wage cucks!”
>>
>>29479914
We still got work to do so I sincerely hope your laziness hasn't eaten a bunch of the day. Also, aren't we supposed to call in so they know we aren't working today?
>>
>>29479914
It's only one day off V.
>>
“It's only one day off V”
>”And it’s amazing”
>You slowly rise up, lifting your arms above your head for a good stretch
“Well, we still got work to do so I sincerely hope your laziness hasn't eaten a bunch of the day”
>”Nonsense, it’s only 10 AM
>That isn’t too late you suppose
“Aren't we supposed to call in so they know we aren't working today?”
>”Not to worry! Your good buddy Velvet already took care of everything!”
“… Really?”
>”Yup! Told them that you got furballs and I had to care for you”
>>
>>29480292
I hope she learns to enjoy being a burrito.
>>
>>29480292
Great. Fantastic. Thanks a bunch.
>>
“Great. Fantastic. Thanks a bunch”
>”You can always count on me, pal”
>She smiles innocently as you give her a flat stare
>You really hope she learns to enjoy being a burrito at some point, because that’s going to be her immediate future
>Finally mustering up enough energy to roll out of bed your roommate trots on over to her bags, giving the roosting canary a quick good morning as she passes the cage
>”So, you said try the town hall?”
“Yeah, if anywhere had records that’d be it”
>”Any other places you want to hit up? We have a good seven hours until our partners get off work”
>>
>>29480683
The hiring place? They might know more about the business.
>>
>>29480683
Looking into old news about the other arson locations could help.
>>
“Um, maybe the hiring place? They might know more about the business”
>”Alright, that shouldn’t be too hard to find. Probably looks like a welfare line with a little more enthusiasm”
>You can only shake your head as she buckles her bag
“Other than that, looking into old news about the other arson locations could help”
>”Alright, well let’s get a move on then. You be good Lil’ Guri! I don’t wanna come back to another broken lamp”
>The canary chirps enthusiastically as you two exit the room, locking the door
>Heading into the lobby and out on the street, your day begins
>…
>Walking up the stone stairs, you pass a couple of decorative marble griffons on the stair case
>How rude
>Pushing that out of your mind Velvet and you enter the town hall, finding a few ponies going about their day
>Three desks sit near the entrance, all of them clear of lines, which honestly isn’t a surprise condensing it’s 11 AM
>Walking up to the first one with Velvet at your side, an earth pony secretary greets you cheerfully
>”Why hello there sir, mam’. Are you looking for some help around here?”
>She smiles brightly, awaiting your response
>>
>>29481213
We're looking into the ownership of several buildings and the histories of relevant businesses.
>>
“We're looking into the ownership of several buildings and the histories of relevant businesses”
>”Got a school project, bud?”
“I, wha-“
>”Why yes, he’s getting a minor in business along with his degree in fruit science”
>”Fruit science? Better be banking on that minor, pal”
>Velvet’s mood immediately does a 180, muzzle twitching in preparation for one heck of a scrunch
>”But anyway, archives are down that hall, you’ll see the sign”
“Thank you very much”
>”Yeah… thanks”
>The mare smiles as you two walk off, Velvet finally unleashing the scrunch after holding it back
>All you can do is chuckle as the two of you head off down the large hallway, claws clicking on the granite floor
>Spying a large hanging sign, you flag Velvet over, turning and pushing open a set of double doors
>”Oh… how lovely”
>Row after row of file cabinets fills your vision, some of them having library ladders to reach
>Looking around, there’s not a pony in sight
>”What do they got in here, a list of every business in Equestria or something? This is nuts”
>>
>>29481536
That's actually better for us since this problem spans the nation.
>>
Pausing
>>
bep
>>
>>29482704
>>
zip
>>
Skipping work was a mistake
>>
>>29484152
don't be a wagecuck
>>
>>29484179
>being velvet's lil bitch instead.
>>
bep
>>
>>29484199
I'd be Velvet's bitch if it meant I could sleep in.
>>
>>29484822
>Become a beta bitch for only a few extra hours of sleep

that is pretty sad.
>>
>>29485118
>being a beta bitch at work instead
Wageys never learn.
>>
beb
>>
>>29485133
At least you get paid.

all you get for letting velvet lead is getting kicked out of town
>>
>>29486165
What are you insinuating about the upstanding citizen that is Velvet?
>>
>>29486181
Her judgement has been... lacking at best.
>>
>>29486208
Where are the proofs?
>>
>>29486234
Pretty much everything she has done.has lacked any judgement.
>>
>>29486369
Sounds like you just have no proofs.
>>
>>29486471
where is ur proofs?
>>
File: m a d m a n.gif (258KB, 170x350px) Image search: [Google]
m a d m a n.gif
258KB, 170x350px
>>29486543
Left them at your mum's house.
>>
>>29486595
Jokes on you she is dead.
>>
>>29486748
Joke's on you that's my fetish.
>>
>>29486814
You must be the life of the party
>>
Stop bullying Velvet
>>
“That's actually better for us since this problem spans the nation”
>”But we just took the day off work, I don’t wanna do even more work!”
“We already got to sleep in. Now come on, let’s get started”
>She huffs, recently following as you move deeper into the file cabinet jungle
>The lights above hum rhythmically as you both begin to search, unable to see the exit at this point
>Walking through row after row of sterile labels, it all starts to become a blur despite your best efforts to remain focused
>Velvet’s hooves click along the floor as she drags them, already demoralized
>Time ticks on, you losing track at some point
>You cannot be sure how long it’s been since you entered this bureaucratic hell, time blending into just another endless entity, much like the cabinets
>For all you know, it’s been days, weeks… you’re not even sure if there’s even a world to return to
>But you must continue on, you mus-
>”Guri”
“H-huh, what?”
>”Snap out of it bud, I got the file”
>She holds up the papers, waving them a few times in your face
“O-oh, right. Well come on, let’s see what’s inside”
>Opening the cover, bolded letters greet your eyes
>Mr. Broker, industrialist
>Well, this is certainly him
>Flipping the next page, you and Velvet get reading
>Most of it is boring stuff like company outputs, taxes, and employment
>And honestly, nothing looks too out of the ordinary
>”Heh, you see this?”
>Your friend pushes a page towards you, point to a paragraph
>”Said he was born and raised here. In fact, this city has always been his permanent residence. And I haven't read anything about him owning stakes in other companies"
>>
>>29488277
Does it show when things started to go south with the company? Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be the one in charge that's behind things. Somebody close to him could've convinced him to join.
>>
“Does it show when things started to go south with the company?”
>”Hang on, lemme look”
“And, it doesn't necessarily have to be the one in charge that's behind things. Somebody close to him could've convinced him to join”
>She looks down at the pages, flipping some while nodding
>”I suppose, but that just adds another layer to it”
>She’s right. This is turning into 4D chess if it goes any deeper
>”Ah, here’s some employment records”
“What’s it say?”
>She scoots the file closer to you
>”Over the last couple years they’ve been steadily laying ponies off. But it looks like starting just half a year ago they’ve let go 80% of security employees, way higher than all the other positions”
>>
>>29488615
A specific date? Anything else happen around then?
>>
“Any specific date? Anything else happen around then?”
>”Uh…”
>She starts to flip through another page, eyes darting across the lines
>”I mean, looks like company profit had been falling for a while, but nothing standing out in particular”
>Turning over another page she goes silent for a second before shrugging her shoulders
>”That’s about all that’s in here, to be honest”
>Neatly lining up the papers, Velvet re stacks them
>”You got any other ideas?”
>>
>>29489039
It's possible that somebody noticed, or caused, the dire situation his company was in. Then they approached him with a plan, possibly insurance fraud, to help him personally recover. The owner fires any staff that could get in the way of the plan and than the arsonist strikes the targeted building. They get a cut of the money and than move onto the next target. Anything about why he started loosing money?
>>
Pausing
>>
bep
>>
Reminder to always bully Velvet.
>>
beb
>>
>>29490428
that's rude
>>
>>29491239
Its the way of Guri.
>>
beep
>>
>>29490781
>>
>>29490781
>>
“You know what I think?”
>”What’s that?”
“It's possible that somebody noticed, or caused, the dire situation his company was in”
>”So what, someone caused the company to lose a bunch of money?”
“Possibly. Then they approached him with a plan, possibly insurance fraud, to help him personally recover. The owner fires any staff that could get in the way of the plan and then the arsonist strikes the targeted building”
>”So what’s in it for the other guy?”
“Well, they get a cut of the money, and then move onto the next target”
>”I… guess that could seem plausible”
>Her eyes glance back down to the papers, hoof rubbing her chin
“Anything about why he started losing money?”
>”Declining sales. Which isn’t a surprise with the way the economy is right now”
>>
bang
>>
bap
>>
>>29494371
Yeah. Maybe their just exploiting how things are right now. A lot of businesses are struggling.
>>
bep
>>
>>29496194
>>
>>29495760
shame really
>>
bip
>>
bepis
>>
bip
>>
“Yeah. Maybe they’re just exploiting how things are right now. A lot of businesses are struggling”
>”It’s a shame, really. If businesses were doing better I wouldn’t have to be an oat sorter”
>Again with the oats
>One of these days you should switch places with her and show her how it’s really done
>As you fantasize about putting Velvet in her place a tiny gush of air blows past you, the mare slamming the file shut
>”Well, that’s about all there is to that. Got any other bright ideas?”
>>
>>29502576
I guess we can track down the guards and figure out what happened around the time of the lay offs.
>>
“I guess we can track down the guards and figure out what happened around the time of the layoffs”
>”Well, they’re probably on duty right now”
>Velvet reaches over, pulling open a nearby cabinet to deposit the files back where they belong
>”Come on, let’s find out way out of here”
>Following her, you once more make your way through the sterile file cabinet city, soon exit the room, and city hall itself
>By the time you’re back on the streets it’s about noon, ponies starting to pour out of businesses for lunch break
>Flying back to the industrial district where the warehouse sits, the same is taking place there, ponies moving out the gate and past the guard house
>Waiting a little while for the crowd to clear you and Velvet approach the small structure, a stallion sitting inside
“Excuse me sir, me and my fr-…. Light Wing?”
>”Well look who came back. Figured the gunfire would have spooked you two out of here for good”
>”Not when there’s justice to be served!”
>Velvet furrows her brow, a serious expression on her face
“Uh, yeah… anyway, where’s the day guard? You filling in for him?”
>”It aint looking good Guri, apparently he got laid off yesterday. Me and Medi are the only guards left at this place, so we’re having to fill day shifts too”
>He rubs his eyes a little
>"I have no idea how we're expected to stay awake with these hours. I have to be back here at midnight"
>>
>>29502989
Say Light, did anything change around here before the layoffs started happening?
>>
“Well, that’s kinda why we’re here”
>”What do you mean?”
“Say Light, did anything change around here before the layoffs started happening?”
>”I mean, the economy went to crap”
“I mean, other than that? Anything out of the ordinary beforehand?”
>”Hmmm…”
>She rubs his chin, thinking
>”You know, now that I think of it, yeah”
>And in Velvet lean forward in anticipation
>”Something about the boss changed. I’ve been working here for years, and you know, being just a security guard and all, I never really saw him much. But when I did he always seemed like a decent guy, would sometimes chat with employees. And then he turned into a-“
“A jerk?”
>”Yeah. A jerk. Seemed a lot more cold, always just heading for his office instead of stopping to chat with ponies… I mean, I suppose if my company started losing profit I’d be a bit upset, but I don’t know. I guess he took it kinda hard because he just wasn’t the same”
>>
>>29503337
We looked at the records and we believe that some criminal approached him and convinced him to participate with the arson plan. Were there any new faces around that time?
>>
>>29503337
Huh. Changelings? If they could replace the owners they wouldn't have to share at all, or buy up any businesses. Thank him for the info.
>>
>>29503507
What would burning down a bunch of failing businesses have to do with changelings?
>>
>>29503558
>kidnap owner
>replace
>prep business to burn
>burn it
>collect
>move on
>>
>>29503574
What would they gain from the plan? Last I checked, changelings don't seem the type to care about bits.
>>
“We looked at the records and we believe that some criminal approached him and convinced him to participate with the arson plan”
>”Are you absolutely sure about that?”
“I think it’s the most probable explanation. Either that or changelings”
>”I highly doubt some bugs want to burn down this warehouse”
“Just a theory… but it’s good info, thank you”
>”No problem. You got anything else you want to ask?”
>You shoot a look to Velvet, the mare shrugging
>”I mean, did you notice any new faces during that time?”
“Yeah, anyone suspicious”
>”Not really. Like I said, folks were getting fired, not hired. Nobody new has come in for the past year. And I don't know much about the meetings the boss has back in his office, but I never let anyone through the gate that seemed suspicious”
>>
>>29503666
Don't really know why you'd think a changeling can't care about bits. Money is power.
>>
>>29503752
So is mind control or replacing powerful individuals. Money is just a more convoluted path to power.

>>29503711
I wonder if there's any evidence in his office.
>>
>>29503786
You're assuming it's not one changeling working with criminals.
>>
“I wonder if there's any evidence in his office…”
>Light holds up a hoof
>”My boss might possibly be a criminal, but I’m still a security guard god damn it. Can’t allow you to even consider that”
“Sorry, just thinking out loud”
>”That’s exactly what I told my ex before she left”
>Velvet gives you a confused look, you shooting her an equally odd one
>”But do you guys have any more quick questions? I don’t want a manager or anyone see me chatting this long, I can’t risk getting canned by a fire happy boss. Plus that would leave Medi as the only guard here, and this place would be ransacked before the night was over if he was in charge”
>>
>>29504021
What happened after the shooting?
>>
“Can you tell us what happened after the shooting?”
>”Aw heck, me and Medi ran back here to get the police, guy almost pissed himself”
>He smirks but nonetheless continues on
>”But yeah, by the time the cops got here the shooting had been over for a while, so I assume you all got away”
“That we did”
>”Didn’t tell them a word about you guys being here, just said we heard gunfire, so they said they’d investigate”
>He points off in the direction the action took place
>”They said it was probably a gang shootout, so obviously they don’t really have a clue as to what happened or who was involved”
>>
Pausing
>>
beep
>>
boop
>>
>>29340840
>>
Reminder that Velvet is a loose cannon and the canary will try to kill us in our sleep.
>>
>>29507309
>>
>>29504362
We should follow the boss home.
>>
>You nod slowly
“I see… well, as long as they didn’t know about us”
>”They don’t. But if you keep hanging around here chatting they will, so unfortunately I think you two better scram”
“Alright. Thanks for the info Light”
>”It’s not a problem. Just try to stay out of trouble, ok?”
>”We’re not very good at that”
>He smirks, waving you goodbye as you and Velvet walk off
>”So, what’d ya’ think?”
“I think we should follow the boss home”
>”What? Why?”
“Because he’s gotta have some evidence laying around back at his place”
>”I dunno Guri, Collecting files in caves and city hall is one thing, but breaking into a rich guy’s home? That’s a bit of a step up”
>>
>>29513006
We might have enough to bring the police into the loop. Being able to get warrants would help A LOT.
>>
>>29513006
We might not have to break in yet. The caves can't be the only place in the area they use. If we know where he lives, we might be able to follow him or one of his pals when they head somewhere important. We find something good there and we could bag them ourselves, or just show the police.
>>
“We might not have to break in yet. The caves can't be the only place in the area they use. If we know where he lives, we might be able to follow him or one of his pals when they head somewhere important”
>”And then what? We bag em’?”
“If we find something good there. Either that or we take it to the police. In fact, we might actually have enough to bring them into the loop now”
>”If the police catch them we don’t nearly as much money though, if any”
“We don’t have to have them do all the work. Heck, being able to get warrants would help A LOT”
>”You think we should actually ask the cops for a warrant? We’ve just been taking down street criminals s far, they might be hesitant to trust us on something like this”
>>
>>29513526
We can ask. Our records are clean. Well, my records clean.
>>
>>29513526
Also, we wouldn't get any money for bringing in criminals they know nothing about. The only one we can earn anything on in the arsonist.
>>
“We can ask. Our records are clean”
>You pause a second, shrugging your shoulders
“Well, my records clean”
>”They said that my records were expunged and you know it!”
>You casually push aside the accusing hoof in your face, Velvet warily eyeing you
“But the thing is, we wouldn't get any money for bringing in criminals they know nothing about. The only one we can earn anything on in the arsonist”
>She taps her chin, thinking
>”You’re right… I don’t know, it’s your call on what to do. I’m just here to kick some butt and get paid”
>>
>>29513963
Lets head over to the police station than. Do we have the documents and the map with us?
>>
“Let’s head over to the police station then”
>She nods, following your lead
“Did you bring the files and map with you?”
>”Sure did! Your careless self forgot all about them”
“Truly you are the epitome of responsibility”
>”Psh, you know me. Always on top of things”
>You two causally stroll through the streets, shadows getting a bit longer as noon slips further away
>Coming upon the police station you hold open the door for Velvet, following inside right after her
>The stallion at the desk lazily spins his chair to face you
>”Can we help you to?”
>”Yeah! You can help us with THIS”
>Velvet slams the documents and map on the desk, the stallion raising an eyebrow
>”An uh, what exactly is all this?”
>>
>>29514879
We've found evidence of major gang activity and we'd like you to direct us to somebody that can investigate it.
>>
Pausing
>>
have a bump
>>
>>29340840
>>
bip
>>
beep
>>
“We've found evidence of major gang activity and we'd like you to direct us to somebody that can investigate it”
>”Uh… sure”
>He gives you an unconvinced look, spinning his chair around
>”Just stay here for a moment”
>Jumping out of the seat he trots to the back office, leaving you and Velvet alone
>From the room you can hear faint mutterings, the stallion going back and forth with someone
>Velvet impatiently taps her hoof, glancing to the clock as ten minutes ticks on by
>”I told you they wouldn’t believe us”
“Now hang Velv, they might just be trying to find the right guy who can help”
>Her eyes roll, gaze returning back to the ticking clock
>Eventually the back room goes silent, hoofs clicking
>A pony not in a police uniform saunters on up to the desk, the only thing on him a small badge and a gun belt
>”Finally! Some help”
>You swat her with the tip of your tail, Velvet jumping just a tiny bit
>”Well, I’m going to try to help at least”
>The stallion reaches up, gently turning the papers and map towards him
>”Now let’s see…”
>He begins to study what you’ve brought him, eyes roaming across the map before flipping a few pages
>You silently watch on, although you can feel Velvet getting impatient once more
>Might be a good idea to give her another smack
>Your tail is revved, lifting up to give a blow
>”Well”
>The tail is quickly shoved back down, disengaging
>”Is this… certainly interesting”
>The stallion takes his eyes off the documents, peering to Velvet, then to you
>”How exactly did you come across this? Give me the details”
>>
>>29520742
We wen't to a location that the arsonist we're hunting might've been hiding out and we came across the files in a hidden cave. We suspected that location since we went near there for some shooting practice before and were chased off be some shady characters.
>>
>>29520742
We were hunting an arsonist for the bounty on him. As it turns out he had friends, and one of them was a minotaur. We just so happened to have spotted a minotuar outside town during some shooting practice, so we decided to check out the area. Eventually we found a cave system that was obviously in use, and found a hidden room inside. These were in a filing cabinet inside.
>>
“We were hunting an arsonist for the bounty on him”
>”That one over there”
>Velvet points to the bounty on the wall, the stallion nodding
“We went to a location that the arsonist we're hunting might've been hiding out and we came across the files in a hidden cave”
>”A hidden cave? And how exactly did you come across that?”
“Well, the arsonist had some friends helping him out, and one was a minotuar. We just so happened to have spotted a minotaur and some other shady characters outside town during some shooting practice, so we decided to check out the area”
>”And you found all this?”
“Yep. Found a cave system that was obviously in use, and found a hidden room inside. These were in a filing cabinet inside”
>He glances down to the papers once more, perplexed
>”That’s… quite the story”
>Neatly stacking them once more, he returns his attention
>”Unfortunately, we just can’t send officers outside city limits, I hope you understand. There’s barely enough police to keep this town in check as it is”
>”So what are you trying to say?”
“Well, I can contact some neighboring departments, see if we could get some detectives together if they feel as though this is something worth pursuing, which from the look of it, I’d say it is”
>Poking the files a couple times, he smiles
>”You don’t mind if we keep these as evidence, do you? It’s hard enough to convince sending investigators outside city limits, but this would help”
>>
>>29522128
I'd prefer you make copies. Those might still be useful for finding our bounty.
>>
>>29522128
We can get the copies if you want to keep the originals. Also, we believe they are convincing business owners to help them burn down their properties. The place where we confronted the arsonist is where we believe their latest target is.
>>
Would it be possible for bounty hunters such as us to get a warrant to investigate one of the business owners?
>>
“I'd prefer you make copies. Those might still be useful for finding our bounty. but you’re more than welcome to keep the originals”
>He nods, passing them off to a pony who takes them into the back room
>”We’ll get your copies out soon”
“Thank you. But listen we believe they are convincing business owners to help them burn down their properties. The place where we confronted the arsonist is where we believe their latest target is”
>”Where would that be?”
“It’s a warehouse, and we think the owner is caught up in some kind of scheme”
>”I see”
“We were wondering if it would it be possible for bounty hunters such as us to get a warrant to investigate one of the business owners?”
>”Warrants are for police only, I’m sorry. Bounty hunters are technically only allowed to enter private property if they know for a fact that a warranted criminal is on the premises”
>>
>>29522525
Huh, really? I'm guessing being warranted and having a bounty on you aren't the same thing?
>>
>>29522525
Can we work with the police on this case then?
>>
>>29522525
Well anyway, the owner has been acting pretty suspiciously. When we went to tell him that his warehouse might be in danger he told us that he has taken special precautions, but when we talked with his guards they told us they have been laying off the security. We later found out that he suddenly fired about 80% of his security and at the same time his personality changed drastically, becoming very reclusive. Now the place only got two guards left to protect the place around the clock.
>>
“Huh, really? I'm guessing being warranted and having a bounty on you aren't the same thing?”
>”We just can’t have bounty hunters running around serving justice as they see fit. Gotta have a short leash on them. Heck, some bounty hunters are former criminals themselves”
>”MY RECORD WAS EXPUNGED”
>You and the stallion pause, blinking in confusion
>Velvet seems to have realized she yelled that out loud, cheeks becoming flushed
“Anyway… the owner has been acting pretty suspiciously”
>”Do tell. Anything helps”
“When we went to tell him that his warehouse might be in danger he told us that he has taken special precautions, but when we talked with his guards they told us they have been laying off the security”
>”Well, layoffs aren’t unheard of, especially with the economy”
“True, but we later found out that he suddenly fired about 80% of his security and at the same time his personality changed drastically, becoming very reclusive. Now the place only got two guards left to protect the place around the clock”
>”And, it’s only security he’s been laying off?”
“Mostly”
>”That… is rather odd”
>He taps a hoof on the desk idly, thinking
>”Tell you what, do you two have a couple hours?”
“Why’s that?”
>”I’m good friends with one of the judges in town, and honestly, this does sounds suspicious. If you can give me a few hours, I can get a search warrant on his home written up”
“But I thought we couldn’t use search warrants on private property?”
>”I’ll send over a couple of policemen with you to serve it, but you’ll be allowed to accompany them. I mean, if that interests you that is”
>>
>>29522902
That works, thanks.
>>
>>29522902
Sure. Sounds interesting.
>>
“That works, thanks”
>”Yeah, sounds interesting!”
>”Great. Come back here and a few hours, and I’ll have everything ready for you. Until then, have a nice day”
>You thank him once more, the stallion retreating back into the office
>”Well, this is neat. We’re like actual cops now”
“It certainly does help a bit”
>A smacking sound causes you and Velvet to crane your necks
>”Here you are, all copies of the files and map”
“Thank you very much”
>”No problem. I suppose we’ll be seeing you later”
>The stallion walks back once more, the original cop once more lazily occupying the seat
>Velvet greedily takes the papers, beginning to stuff them in her bag
>”This is all just like those CSI programs I listen to on the radio! We’re gonna be detectives, Guri!”
>>
>>29523372
We're gonna need some cool shades.
>>
Pausing
>>
beb
>>
>>29523372
Guess it fits, we have the hot head, the nerd, the sexy authority figure, and the competent leader.
>>
File: 1446332264111.png (1KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1446332264111.png
1KB, 128x128px
>>29523398
>>
>>29525475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzndyGwT1ww
Thread posts: 496
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.