[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I find The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 one of the most pointless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: le epin villains.png (2MB, 1427x860px) Image search: [Google]
le epin villains.png
2MB, 1427x860px
I find The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 one of the most pointless and simply stupid episodes of MLP, after Feeling Pinkie Keen.
There are so many things messed up in this episode:

>Pinkie Pie acting like a complete egoistic douche
>no regulation of selling cider (i.e, max 2 mugs per pony)
>Flim and Flam being complete idiots, thinking that "our machine is better so we OWN this land now"
>the lack of common sense and negotiations - Apple Family sucks with efficiency, but owns orchards, FlimFlam brothers own a very efficient machine, but they need apples- even my 6 years old niece asked me why they can't make a deal
>stupid and misleading friendship lesson - you get the best result if you spend enough time to do the job - but FlimFlam Brothers did it faster, better and the result was the same
>mindless antagonising new efficient solutions of production, because "muh traditional methods", even if the modern ones just speed things up

The excuse "but it's for little girls" can't be applied here, since this episode fucks their minds up and shows a distorted view of the economy and efficiency.
>>
>>29299644
>shows a distorted view of the economy
Nuh huh, it shows that entrepreneurs are scammers. It's a valuable lesson. Many kids won't lose their money on technological startups with no future thanks to what they learned here.
>>
>>29299661
You know there are rules, law, courts, police in Equestria? When they made a bet who will produce more cider they clearly stated: FlimFlam brothers produce more - they will exclusively sell cider, Apple family produces more- brothers gtfo of Ponyville. Suddenly they jumped from "sell cider" to "own orchards", noone pointed it out, even if many ponies were the witnesses during the bet. Just one pony telling them to fuck off or make a sensible deal could fix the whole situation.
>>
>>29299750
q.e.d., you can't trust entrepreneurs
>>
>>29299767
It's not about the trust. The agreement between them was clear, when FlimFlam said they'll tear down the old farm to set up new buildings, Apple family was all like "aww... boo hoo, we must find a new home", so I guess it was a dumb decission of the show creators to put an equal sign between selling cider and running orchards. Not to mention the fact that Apple family baked apple goods, even AJ wanted to sell them in the last episode of S1.
It's about the huge holes in logic behind this episode.
>>
>>29299644
>SSCS6k is about how technophobia is good
Yes. We have known about this for six god-damned years. But the song was fun, so it's all good, right?

Don't know why people are bothering to complain. It was just the first clue-in to what the series would become.
>>
Well Actually
>>
>>29299644
You didn't listen to any of their dialogue.
Applejack specifically says that they would lose Sweet Apple Acres if they ran out of money (money which is earned through cider sales).
The reason they didn't take the deal is because the Flim Flam brothers wanted a 75% cut, which would mean the apple family gets a 25% cut. Applejack then says that the 25% cut would cause sweet apple acres to run out of money.
>>
>>29300113
You forgot about the simple fact AJ is a dumb earth horse who can't into the math. On the very beggining of their bet Apples made one barrel when FlimFlam produced SIX. Six times more barrels of high quality cider. 25% cut it's cash from 1,5 barrel, so they would actually get more money. Write a contract, set the prices, make ponies happy. Even if 75% cut sounds unfair, don't forget they put some work to invent and power the Squeezer.
>>
>>29299644
It doesn't even matter that the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 sped things up, because the number of apples from the year's harvest is the bottleneck in cider sales. If they used the machine to speed up cider production, they would make the exact same amount of cider, but in less time. But that isn't an advantage, because they always run out of cider before every buyer can get some (like rainbow dash). If they took the deal, they would lose 75% of their cider income, but not increase the total number of cider sales at all.
>>
>>29300152
You're an idiot, the apples bottleneck their cider sales every year. Increasing cider production speed 6 times isn't going to make any more gallons of cider.
>>
>>29299644
Great song though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOuNX2azWRQ
>>
File: appuls.png (893KB, 1151x662px) Image search: [Google]
appuls.png
893KB, 1151x662px
>>29300156
>because the number of apples from the year's harvest is the bottleneck
No? Watch the episode, when FlimFlam ran away, Apple Bloom said:
>"Because of this silly competition, we've made enough of our cider for the whole town!"
It was just from the barrels the Apple family + mane6 made. Add the "good" FlimFlam barrels and we have even more cider to be bottled and sold. More than that, apple trees still had a lot of apples on the end of episode.
>>
>>29300213
you're right
I guess rainbow dash's conflict in the episode is just bad writing.
>>
>>29300196
This is a classic. I miss times when TF2 was alive.
>>
File: OP_cannot stop.jpg (104KB, 501x506px) Image search: [Google]
OP_cannot stop.jpg
104KB, 501x506px
>>29299644
>>
>>29300256
>when TF2 was alive
TF2 is still the 7th most played game on steam, with 50,000 players.
>>
>>29300233
Rainbow Dash is an idiot. That isn't bad writing, that's her character.
>>
>>29300776
>its not bad writing, its her character
Her character is part of the writing. By that standard, Family Guy doesn't have bad writing, its just that every character is bad.
>>
>>29299644
I just find it funny that Twilight harvested about 5 trees in a couple seconds with her magic.
She could probably clear the whole orchard in less than ten minutes.
Really shows how useless Earth ponies are if unicorns can do their job better than them
>>
>>29300881
It's probably consuming her mana much faster than throwing your ass against a tree
>>
>>29299821
Idiot
>>
>>29300881
Their job is to grow crops, gathering is just by-product of that. Need I remind you that the only job unicorns were needed for, raising the sun and the moon, they were replaced because they were shit at it - according to official books?
>>
>>29300938
>official books
It's not canon tho
>>
>>29300908
To know which is more efficient, we would have to know more about how mana and magical energy works in Equestria but since we don't know, we have to assume that unicorns are more efficient at doing it but just let the earth ponies grow their food to keep them in a lower social class.
>>
File: tumblr_lzln2vsRZo1qzlvmi.gif (843KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzln2vsRZo1qzlvmi.gif
843KB, 262x192px
>>29300938
>according to official books
>Gif related
Also, I'm sure the unicorns can use their magic to directly grow crops. Twilight turned a frog into an orange and Sunset casted an amazing growth spell in her origin story comic. I'm sure if they can alter time, they can grow food.
>>
>>29300964
Journal of the Two Sisters is canon, unlike your comic example. If they could, why would they need the food grown by the Earth Ponies during the three tribes era? Not even Star Swirl could.

>One night, Celestia awakes to find Star Swirl exhausted and looking older than he should. He reveals that he has run out of full-grown unicorns to help lower the moon and raise the sun. He tried to do it alone, but used up his own unicorn magic in the process. Realizing that Alicorn magic is more powerful than unicorn magic, Star Swirl asks Celestia and Luna to assume the duties of being guardians of the sun and moon, believing their magic will become stronger as the sun and moon would rejuvenate them, according to legend.
So while Pegasus and Earth Ponies are still doing their duties, that is fixing the weather and growing crops, unicorns are neet shitlords now.
>>
>>29300982
>Journal of the Two Sisters is canon, unlike your comic example
Wut? If that book is canon than so is the comic.
And growing crops is much different and easier than raising the Sun and Moon. If earth ponies never existed, unicorns would have easily created some farming spells and done just fine.
If all the earth ponies died right now, the unicorns could easily adjust. Magic has limitless possibilities. It can be applied to do any job. They could easily use it to farm.
>>
File: 1477716823704.gif (28KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
1477716823704.gif
28KB, 210x210px
>>29299644
The ending for this made no sense. Flim and Flam made a few bad barrels of cider, but their machine still worked and they could have made plenty of quality-controlled barrels since they owned the whole orchard at that point. It was established earlier that they did care about the quality of their cider.

Also, the only thing you can say Flim and Flam did morally wrong was offering a dangerous bet -- which the Apples had no obligation to take.
>>
>>29301013
>If earth ponies never existed, unicorns would have easily created some farming spells and done just fine.

That is just your headcanon, the fact is that they were and are unable to grow food. I'd say, if the EP never existed, they would have had to raid and enslave other races for the purpose of getting food.
>>
>>29301030
>the fact is that they were and are unable to grow food
Where is your proffer of that? Have they ever shown a unicorn unable to grow food or does it say anywhere that they can't grow food?
Like I said, if they can alter time, I'm sure they can make some spells to grow food or conjure food.
Twilight conjured a parasprite once. Why wouldn't they be able to do that with other organisms too? There is much more evidence suggesting that they can either grow or conjure their own food if needed that evidence that they can't grow food. You have no evidence to back up your claim.
They only have earth ponies grow food in the show so they don't seem completely worthless as a species, which they are.
>>
>>29301051
>proffer
proof
>>
File: Proof.png (159KB, 871x719px) Image search: [Google]
Proof.png
159KB, 871x719px
>>29301051
Yes, during the three tribes era, the unicorns had to demand food from the earth ponies, which would be retarded if they could just grow their own. Twilight Sparkle is a rarity amongst the unicorns, the Alicorn of Magic and Friendship, but even then she never created her own spells unless I'm forgetting something. Star Swirl is the unicorn who's famous for creating spells, and he never made a spell to grow crops.

>Lauren Fast is not working in the show anymore!
That was when she was still working on it.
>B-but Spike is an unreliable narrator! They only made Earth Ponies grow food in the show so t-that they are not completely worthless!
Well, unicorns are completely worthless, they don't even raise the sun or the moon anymore.
>>
>>29301030
>they were and are unable to grow food
This is ridiculous. How the hell does any other non-pony race grow food, then?
And why can't unicorns follow that method?
In fact, how the hell did unicorns or pegasi even survive without earth ponies if they couldn't grow food until they met each other?
That hearths warming play is basically just "let's all get along" propaganda.
>>
>>29301119
Same way the moon and the sun were raised before unicorns started doing it, which is...
>>
>>29301112
Huh, I never read that bit Lauren said about Earth Ponies and their connection to the earth.
I guess you're right.

Unicorns aren't useless though. Magic helps with a lot of things and they need strong unicorns to be able to combat other magical threats.
After seeing Twilight and Starlights combat magic, I'm sure they have some strong unicorn mages in the army.
>>
>>29301132
>Same way the moon and the sun were raised before unicorns started doing it, which is...
Just another flaw out of thousands in the lore.
They should have made a brand Bible. They probably would have if they new it was going to get this popular
>>
>>29301112
>growing food and tending animals
>notes Fluttersy's animal tendingcies is unusual for a pegasus
So, basically, all it takes for a unicorn to be able to grow food as well as an earth pony...
Is to have a food growing cutie mark.
Ara...
>>
>>29301162
I guess so, that might be a fun character idea, but it would be a rarity.
>>
File: LAD.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
LAD.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
>>29301170
>a rarity
>>
>>29301162
Maybe the reason Starswirl was trying to create Cutie Mark swap spell was to test that theory.
>>
>>29299644
boast busters was the most pointless and idiotic episode of season 1
>>
>>29301139
>Unicorns aren't useless though
They are. Everyone outside of twilight and glimshit are worthless at magic, with only a few characters having a spell that can be useful.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.