[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did the ride start for you? What was the first episode you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

When did the ride start for you?
What was the first episode you watched?

For me the first time I decided to check the pony thing was somewhere around December 2011 or January 2012, after I joined a random server on TF2. It was an iddle map, filled with pony pictures, secret rooms and overall cute pony stuff; pic related, one of the pictures from that map, I wish I could find it somewhere and play again.

The first episode I watched and also made me squeal inside was Hearts and Hooves Day. Even if the story was recycled from Power Puff Girls, the animation, characters, colours and humour just pulled me completely into the pony ride.
>>
SEPTEMBER 2011
>>
Sometime in 2013, Winter Wrap Up
I knew of the fandom, didn't care about it, but for some reason watched that episode, binged all the previous and got hooked
>>
I was a regular on funnyjunk and the memes wouldn't stop so I checked out the show. Started with the first episode and I never stopped watching since. This was back in 2011-2012.
>>
>>29296604
I was an edgy faggot who thought that mlp was for losers and neckbeards. Decided to watch the first episode.

send help.
>>
File: 1423547739483.png (123KB, 1003x610px) Image search: [Google]
1423547739483.png
123KB, 1003x610px
>>29296604
September 2013. I knew MLP existed and had its own board, but had never put any thought into it because ponies were never spammed on /sp/, the board I had browsed exclusively since 2009. I was watching the 4CC and the amount of support and enthusiasm from /mlp/ surprised me and got me very curious. I downloaded the first two episodes, then everything else in the following weeks, then started browsing /mlp/ and eventually got a boner for lewd pony images. When I first came to a winking pony pussy it was fucking mind blowing and I never looked back ever since. A few months later a fell in love with a mare and made her my waifu, something I could never see myself doing in a million years, as a normalfag /sp/artan dudebro I found waifufagging utterly pathetic.
>>
>>29296604
Right before season 4 started. One of the reasons why I started watching the show was because I thought that the series had already ended (I guess I saw somehow a couple of doomsayers crying "this is the end of the show!"), and I didn't know that the fandom was still a thing. I wanted to give it an honest, unbiased chance.
I started with episode 1 and it was cute and shit but nothing more than "I can watch this". The episode where I got completely hooked was Winter Wrap Up. And the episode where I realized that I fucking loved the show was The Cutie Mark Chronicles.
>>
>>29296604
Watched Mare-Do-Well in 2011, caught up in time to watch the first Hearth's Warming episode live.
Fun times.
>>
>>29296604
First ep: Sonic Rainboom ~ Feb 2011
First Livestream: A Dog & Pony Show ~ Mar 2011

Sat bored at work. There is no work but we were made to go in anyway because reasons.
Spend days reading random shit on the internets, and start seeing stupid horses everywhere.
Go looking to see where all this shit is coming from, find a ton of clips and shit on YT.
>This is actually not awful
Go looking for actual episodes, first one I find is Sonic Rainboom.
Mind is blown.
>Youtube is the only way to watch pony b/c it wasn't available here in any other form
Watch every other ep. I could find because fuck me this is better than it has any right to be.
Stay up until 3am to watch livestreams b/c they were super fun
>Fucking Magneto ruining the gala. Prick :3
Start reading fics and actually liking all this shit.

I am now horsegay. Thanks internet.
>>
>>29296604
Oh, right, I watched some fragments of the show, after I discovered how cute they are, but Hearts and Hooves Day was the first I watched when it aired, so I officially joined the ride exactly 11 February 2012
>>
>>29296604
>When did the ride start for you?
2013 during the hiatus before S4

>What was the first episode you watched?
S1E1
>>
>>29296604

Season 1 episode 1
>>
>>29296604
Feb. 2012, around the time the Fan Favorite Mare-a-thon started
First ep was Lesson Zero, though first glimpse was this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITr90v7UaNg

Funnily enough I joined the ride around the time this board was created, and I started coming to 4chan around the time the Scruffening was happening. Didn't start coming to /mlp/ until the S4 premiere, though.
>>
>>29296604
First episode I watched was Lesson Zero while the show was midway through season 3. Wasn't the best first impression but I came to love it
>>
>>29296604
Beginnings of 2012.
>Used to visit some shitty tumblers at the time.
>All of the sudden, they begin to post show-related things, gifs, memes, etc.
I didn't really care too much about it really, i was too young (13) and too stupid at the time to realize it was MLP. So i didn't understand what was the deal with it.
>Some days passed. Bored as fuck.
>Browsing the site.
>Gif of Rarity (Pic related)
>Well, time to found out what is this.
>Go to the comments
>Some guy with a avatar of Luna says.
"Watch the Show, it's pretty fking good!" (Or something like it).
>Party for One linked at the end of his comment.
>...
>Why not. Right?

And here i am. 5 years later, watched every fucking episode that there was in Youtube at the time at least twice.

And you know what Anon?
>I regret nothing.
>>
bamp
>>
Don't remember exactly when, a little before we moved here. I used to be much more of a /co/mrade and people wouldn't shut up about FiM so I checked out the show from Ep.1
>>
>>29296604
Season 1 Episode 1
June 2016
>>
>>29296615
Same. First episode was my first episode, but the first one I saw live after catching up was Lesson Zero.
>>
Around May-June, 2012; during the fucking long hiatus between season 2 and 3. Watched the first episode to see what it was about, then got annoyed with myself when the words "To be continued" came on screen.
It tumbled into an obsession. According to friends, I'd carry pony figurines with me to school and place them on my desk. Everybody in school knew that this school-shooter-lookin' kid was a bwonee. After lurking /mlp/ for a few months, I began to smarten up.
>>
File: 1483764591056.jpg (199KB, 537x610px) Image search: [Google]
1483764591056.jpg
199KB, 537x610px
>>29296604
Late 2011, saw a pic of Fluttershy in Halo Reach. Got curious, looked it up, and week or so later watched the first eps. Then binge watched S1, caught up with 2, and been started to seriously browse 4chan. I was on /co/ for the last few weeks before /mlp/ was made, been here since.
>>
>>29296604
2011. I saw some stuff about Derpy and decided to see what the show itself was like.
S1 E1.
>>
>>29296604
During the hiatus between s4 and 5.
I am part of what made /mlp/ awful.
Sorry.
>>
>>29299198
Probably an underage b& you fucking homosexual.
>>
File: 1482462248499.gif (691KB, 253x272px) Image search: [Google]
1482462248499.gif
691KB, 253x272px
>>29296604
Started a day after the 6 year anniversary.

S1E1.

I haven't looked back and I curse at myself for not getting on the ride 4 years ago when I had ample time to do so.
>>
>when did the ride start for you?
november 2015
>what was the first episode you watched?
eqg
>>
>>29300927
lol you got in the fandom in the shittiest time possible
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-09-22-23h54m02s39.png (743KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-09-22-23h54m02s39.png
743KB, 1280x720px
>>29296604
2013 when a friend made me watch Canterlot Wedding out of nowhere. Didn't quite enjoy it.

A few months later I decided to give it another shot and watched Feeling Pinkie Keen and loved it. Went on to watch all episodes in correct order.
>>
>>29296604
During the S4-S4 hiatus, from YouTube fan content.

The first full epsode I watched was S1E1.
>>
>>29296604

Five years ago, three of my friend started trying to push this show on me. Being the edgy shitbag I was, I didn't want to even look at anything relating to this. Almost every interaction with them was an attempt to get me to watch it and it lasted for a solid year. The subsequent years were filled with me having a mental argument with myself on watching it or not. Last summer, an internet friend pestered me. I hadn't had any encounters with ponies for years so I just say fuck it and go on netflix (which I later wiped). Episode one got me with the backstory of the two sisters, but I still didn't want to get on. Then discord showed up and I was stuck on the ride without realizing it for the next few months. I stopped watching in the middle of apple pie and want to continue, though I'm having doubts based on what I hear about on here.
>>
Early February 2011
>>
File: 1484875570303.png (3MB, 2160x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1484875570303.png
3MB, 2160x1440px
>>29301548
Forgot to mention, I still want off. Everything's too adorable and draws me back.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.