[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw getting less and less interested in the show >yet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 15

>tfw getting less and less interested in the show
>yet still dedicated to your waifu
>tfw you can't take her with you to other fandoms

Anyone else know this feel? What have you done to get past it, whether it be just making your waifu in vidya, writing fanfiction, art or... anything really.
Fuck this feel.
>>
>Anyone else know this feel?

>>tfw getting less and less interested in the show

sounds like another bandwagoner is about to fuck off

good riddance fag
>>
>>29292832
Been here since Season 2.
You don't have to sound so hurt and betrayed though, anon.
>>
>>29292825
You have two options:
1. Find what kept you here for so long, what really sealed the deal for this pony nonsense, and try to see why it's fading. Once you know why, ask yourself two questions: Did it actually leave? And even if it is still here, is it really worth anything?
or
2. Change, leave all of this obsessiveness behind, or it will just happen again.
>>
File: were going for a ride.gif (307KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
were going for a ride.gif
307KB, 640x360px
>>29292825
try rewatching the series. if you dont feel the magic then just move on.

as for me, ill be here until the heat death of the universe. i feel like i need a name for that group of people who will be there with me.
>>
>>29292882
Well, the reason why I got into this fandom is a bit of a story.
It's not too exciting but I can share it if people are interested. Maybe others can share their own stories too.
>>
>>29292898
If it helps.
>>
>>29292825
No.
Grow up or go play in traffic.
>>
>>29292825
Not quite the same but
>tfw interested as fuck in the show
>tfw I live for my waifu
>tfw season 6 had this absolutely terrible episodes that hurt me like a knife through my heart
>tfw I can't even say how much I hate the terrible writing this season had without getting a shit ton of replies where butthurt Hasdrones tell me to leave the board if I don't love every single shit the current showrunners decide to do
So yeah, sometimes I wish I didn't care about the show, I know I'll much happier. I almost envy you.
>>
>>29292965
Honestly I think I'm more like you than you think.
Season 6 fucking killed a lot of interest I had because it was so shit.
Problem is, I like Season 5 and 4 too. In fact I like every season but 6. So I got Faustfags yelling in one ear telling me I'm a Hasdrone, and Hasdrones yelling in my other ear for me to give up.
I can't discuss this show anymore.
>>
>>29292965
I'm sure most people here consider S6 a very weak season, to say the least. It's the Starlight season afterall
>>
>>29293003
I consider S6 the weakest season but Starlight's episodes were like a breath of fresh air among a shit pile.
>>
File: Big_hug_for_you.jpg (89KB, 358x360px) Image search: [Google]
Big_hug_for_you.jpg
89KB, 358x360px
>>29292994
I thought that you just lost interest, like those faggots who came here saying "I stopped watching halfway season 4, what did I miss" but I see that we felt pretty much the same. You're not alone, Anon.

>>29293003
I don't know. Some people sure defend it rabidly, so either they really loved it, or they are just afraid to admit a drop in the quality. Either way, some people take any criticism as a personal attack, and that's pretty sad.
>>
I actually almost got off the ride during Season 6, and I don't even think it's even that bad of a season. I didn't hate as many eps as I did for Seaosn 3, despite it having twice as many episodes. It just had a lot of meh episodes in its first half, though there were a few I really enjoyed (Saddle Row Review, Flutter Brutter). I took a break from the show halfway through S6, but I hopped back on shortly before the season finale, and enjoyed most of the back half (excepting Where the Apple Lies, which was also meh), and I'm as into the show as I ever was again. I'm hoping there's just a trend of every third season having problems, and S7 will be quality horse again.
>>
>>29293109
I forgot, The Cart Before the Ponies also sucked hard in the back half.
>>
File: 1443487076736.jpg (112KB, 960x685px) Image search: [Google]
1443487076736.jpg
112KB, 960x685px
I just come here to shitpost with pony pics. Nothing else of value in this board nor in any of you.
>>
File: one waifu or knaifu.png (100KB, 499x492px) Image search: [Google]
one waifu or knaifu.png
100KB, 499x492px
>>
File: nuuskis.jpg (23KB, 461x346px) Image search: [Google]
nuuskis.jpg
23KB, 461x346px
>>29293265
Agreed.
Except the "pony pics" part.
>>
I am still interseted in the show but this board is getting more and more stale.
>>
>>29293617
You can shitpost anywhere if you don't use pony pics though.
>>
File: 1440320039869.gif (2MB, 438x848px) Image search: [Google]
1440320039869.gif
2MB, 438x848px
>>29292832
Is this a shitpost or is /mlp/ really filled with sycophantic faggots nowadays who can't accept that people might not like the later seasons?
>>
>>29293003
honestly they should have just made the eqg series instead of creating that abortion to try and fill sunsets role in the show.
>>
I thought the show was losing quality, after seeing fouth season of Sherlock I saw how show can really turn into shit.
>>
>>29293656
The 2nd part. You can't talk negatively about the show without some Anon spamming bait memes at you.
>>
>>29293656

people who don't like the later seasons don't like something that is objectively better than the earlier seasons

ergo

bandwagoners who have no real interest in the show lose interest when people stop posting memes from it (and only gained interest in the first place due to that)

>>29292873
>Been here since Season 2

oh man didn't see that coming, you got in when it was at the height of its popularity, color me shocked

season 1 oldfag here
go latch onto something else you won't be missed and were never wanted or needed
>>
>>29293695
>I didn't like season 1 nor season 2, which means that I started watching a show I didn't like and I keep on watching it for more than 50 episodes I didn't like just to be part of a fandom because my measly life is empty without other people's approval
Good for you.
>>
File: 1459555538496.png (49KB, 283x264px) Image search: [Google]
1459555538496.png
49KB, 283x264px
>>29293695
>people who don't like the later seasons don't like something that is objectively better than the earlier seasons
Oh okay you're shitposting then
>>
>>29293695
>someones taste changed as they got older and im a mad faggot

fuck off
>>
>>29293695
>season 1 oldfag here
Okay?
What does that even mean? You want a medal for being a hipster or something?
No I'm serious, what do you mean to say by saying you're a season 1 oldfag? How does that change anything?
>>
>>29293708
i think he wants a trophy, one in the shape of a cock for him to sit on at night while he cries himself to sleep
>>
File: tell us a story.png (644KB, 717x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tell us a story.png
644KB, 717x1080px
>>29293695
preach it friend.
>>
>>29292965
>>29292994
>>29293043
S6 disappointed me a big deal. Too many stallion/male focus (yes, that's how it was), so little main character interaction episodes that we didn't even get Starlight interact with any of the mane six other than Twilight, and also no song for the finale.
There are just some of the highlights without even mentioning the real bad episodes.

But I have absolute faith for the future still.
>>
>>29293758
Forgot to mention that S5 is my favorite, followed by S4.
>>
>>29293708
>>29293724

heavy is the head that wears the crown

>>29293730

(\
>>
>>29293688
And then they bitch and moan about never being true discussion. good riddance I say.
>>
>>29293758
>no song for the finale
This may seem like a tiny detail, but it was very significative for me to. Compare this finale with the s4 or the s5 finale. It feels just incomplete. These little things are what made me think that the s6 crew didn't care as much as the crews in previous seasons.
>>
>>29293043
>just afraid to admit a drop in the quality

basically season 5 is the best season in the show and the only reason season 6 seems bad to people is because of it following a tough act.
season 6 smokes seasons 1-4 and this isn't even up for debate. you're kidding yourself (or bullshitting for the sake of argument) if you really think the averaged episode quality gets lower as the seasons go. but honestly, i don't think many of you would know a good thing if it were staring you in the face.
>>
>>29293801
Fuck Anon, for God's shake, if you say that season 5 was better than season 6, that's literally a drop in quality. What kind of rebuttal is that if you literally agree with the line you're quoting?
>>
>>29292825
Can't say I do because I still like the show and accept how it's become.

>>29293695
You're right about bandwagoners, but he can't be if he's been here since S2. As long as he isn't being a massive faggot about it, I don't care. Saying you're losing interest in a show and leaving quietly is a lot better than trying to go out with a bang shitting on the fanbade because muh feelings.
>>
>>29293816
>season 5 better than season 1-4 and 6
>drop in quality
overall its a rise in quality.
>>
>>29293823
Season SIX was a drop in quality, fucking imbecile. If you're going to be a smartass at least don't be a complete moron.
>>
>>29293787

it's such a repugnant idea to think that some loser probably coated in cheetoh dust has the gall to say someone no longer cares about their work

i mean, really, take a fucking second and think about that one. you're kind of a piece of shit if you ever assume an animation team - the individuals on those teams - are ever mailing it in because you don't happen to like what they've made. but, luckily:

>it was very significative for me to

your story sort-of checks out. you didn't mean any harm, you're just, *ahem*, clumsy.
>>
>>29293836
K Jim.
>>
>>29293834
>>29293816
He's trying to say the season where they managed to fuck up a retelling of "Gift of the Magi" and where the villain of the opener was either a baby or a storm cloud is worse than seasons one and two. Therefore, in his mind, season six is a rise in quality because even though the writers are now using very safe material and still screwing it up, overall something is better.
>>
>>29293834

you need to calm your idiot rage down.

the comparison is obviously between older seasons and newer seasons -- this means s1-3 vs s4-6. to all the non-retards who had to sit through this explanation sorry.
>>
File: 56825682.jpg (24KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
56825682.jpg
24KB, 306x306px
>>29293842
lol, you called him jim. genius.
>>
>>29293836
You know people are going to get the impression that the entirety of DHX is a lazy company if they have trouble producing a good product.

Personally, I've been led to believe that Hasbro's middle management has been "helping" a lot, and their involvement has been detrimental to a lot of the process. DHX can work as hard as they want, but you can't really build a quality show around the whims of a suit with no talent or vision.
>>
>>29292825
>ITT: Underage fags who joined the fandom to have something to latch onto emotionally feel threatened because people disagree with them on parts of the show being good
>>
>>29293858
who are you quoting?
>>
File: BEYOND_SHIT.jpg (22KB, 680x425px) Image search: [Google]
BEYOND_SHIT.jpg
22KB, 680x425px
>>29293661
Sunset doesn't have a role in the show and never did. The addition of Starlight is just unnecessary
>>
>>29293861
Sorry, autist.

>>29293847
>>29293847
>the comparison is obviously between older seasons and newer seasons
Are you trying to explain me my own post? I agreed with that other Anon who loved season 5, I loved it too, and the drop in quality referred to season 6. And, boy, it doesn't matter if the previous seasons were great or shit, if the last season is worse than the previous season, that's a drop in quality, retard.
>>
>>29293864
>twilight starts as a student
>grows to become the teacher
>grows to become a leader
>now has her own student
i hate progression stories too.
>>
i'm sorry i whipped all these retards into such a frenzy with my obtuse comparison between seasons.
>>
>>29293853
>Personally, I've been led to believe

impersonally, you're a fuckhead
>>
>>29293864
Do we know who came up with her? She was good as a villain. Twilight's shadow self and all. I kind of don't mind Glimmer as a main character, but her reformation was pretty silly. Like, oh, she liked this boy. Sure, yeah, I dated someone once, so I guess I too might start a cult. Happens all the time!

But she's this strange Cousin Oliver character who hasn't yet been ruined or hijacked unless you preferred her in the villain role, in which case she was ruined at reformation. As a hero, she's not ruined yet because her motives are a total mystery and she could go any direction, since she may as well be learning from Twilight to avoid a prison sentence.

Trixie has turned out pretty great, though. I think Trixie has been away from the show so long that none of the execs had a clever idea to destroy her, and she got to be an adorable pone. It's a luxury the other characters have really lost.
>>
File: Scoots1.jpg (2KB, 92x126px) Image search: [Google]
Scoots1.jpg
2KB, 92x126px
>>29293892
Are you even reading, or are you just lashing out randomly?
>>
>>29293908

i've always just wanted to reply to 'personally,...' that way

(not necessarily 'you're a fuckhead' but with some sort of insult)
>>
File: Scoots2.png (277KB, 530x439px) Image search: [Google]
Scoots2.png
277KB, 530x439px
>>29293924
Glad you got it out of your system.
>>
>>29293901
Yeah, the biggest problem for me with Starlight is her hideously bad backstory for why she became broken.
I mean sure, there was that one boy she used to play with, end of story. I hate childhood crushes to boot, but a shallow friendship like this is even less than that.
>>
>>29293933

get it, though? because i was being impersonal?
>>
>>29293874
>Student has literally 0 character development and is nothing but a plot device
Starlight is fucking boring and has added nothing to the show. Easily the worst part of season 6
>>
>>29292896
I might not have been here in the rising up of the brony fandom, but I'll be here to witness the last episode, the last thread, the last (shit)post.
>>
>>29292896

oh, i'll be here too.
>>
>watching the show
kys
>>
File: 1465245612767.png (146KB, 903x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1465245612767.png
146KB, 903x1417px
Best pony best season haters gtfo
>>
>>29292896
>i need a name for that group of people who will be there with me.
Oh, they'll have plenty of names for us. We'll be pretty much the same as the Sonic fandom. And pony will never be as good as it was ever again, Hasbro will see to it. You remember when Transformers were on the rise again? Should have been a bullet-proof franchise right there, but Hasbro shilled it out to a bunch of cheap-o studies or didn't provide enough of a budget in the first place. They didn't refine what people liked about the first movie, or perhaps they didn't know in the first place.

Now Transformers has fallen back to relative obscurity and all we have to remember are Michael Bay's cock and balls jokes.

I feel like Hasbro went through a brief Renaissance where they let creative people experiment with their brands, but now they're going back to the stale corporate form of doing things and they're clamping down on their media.
>>
>>29292825
Not personally, I'm as into the show as I have ever been....if anything, the sadness I feel lately is feeling less interested in the fandom, I still love MLP as much as ever but I just feel disconnected from the fandom itself, I don't have as much fun talking about it with others, partially cause of how many doomsayers there are....MLP is almost becoming my own little secret once more that I have nobody to talk about it with
>>
>>29294083
As a doomsayer myself, I'm sorry about this. I know it doesn't mean much, but don't let us affect you, Anon. At least you still have the show, enjoy it.
>>
>>29294083
The show no longer inspires people. Or at least not adults. I've been around since season 1, and while I can comment on the show, it's usually on incongruities or whether or not I liked it. I spent a lot of season 6 feeling neutral or unhappy with episodes and was pretty relieved when the season finally ended. I had to work to get through it and I don't really want to see season 7 or the movie, but I've been in it this long and it's only a half hour a week I have to devote.
>>
It's all fine, anon.
Have some ponies and be happy
>>29286117
>>
>>29292896
help what do i do if i only feel the magic when rewatching season 1 and 2
>>
>>29292896
"Faust's Ronin"
>>
>>29292832
T. Diehard shiteater
>>
>>29294141
I didn't care much for S6 either desu, for me, it is my second least favorite season just above S3....but you people are fucking drama queens man, one season you dislike and you feel like it's all over, that's utterly ridiculous, it's to be expected that a show as long running as this one is is going to have it's ups and downs, for me seasons 4 and 5, minus the initial "magic" of it all being brand new, were just as enjoyable as seasons 1 and 2 for me, and I truly mean that

Too many people in this fandom overeact and are drama queens basically
>>
After season 3 it was like mlp knew you were watching mlp so it kept doing stupid shit and winking at you hoping to get your approval wven though it already earned it back in season 2. So yeah watching the show is awkward sometimes.
>>
>>29294225
Seasons 4 and 5 were the high point for me.
Season 6 was a bit of lackluster, with only a few great episodes, but I look forward to Season 7, it's not like many of the staff didn't hear, or some even react to the sea of complaints, my gut feeling is telling me they're gonna improve some of their biggest faults.

I'll be happy if they're gonna focus more on established characters instead of bringing in new ones. Oh, and an episode about Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara now that they've been reformed.
>>
>>29294395
How are they going to repair the faults if the Hasbro execs are the ones running the show into the ground? The execs aren't listening to professionals, so they certainly aren't going to stand back and listen to complaints from the "bonus demographic".
>>
>>29294466
We will see.

Look, even if we go with the Hasbro execs being a not caring, rotten bunch, they wouldn't sabotage their profit, and they are aware that the bonus demographic is giving them a boost.
>>
>>29294510
Sure, but few media projects really run for as long as MLP has, and I'm sure that the suits are all patting themselves on the backs for all they've done and would call it a success if MLP ended tomorrow. It's a short-sighted affair, and you know who's reporting the general goings on to the execs even higher up? The execs that are taking a shit on the show. Nobody's policing these guys unless they go nuts.
>>
>>29294598
Well I agree it can go either way from here.
I'm still opting to be hopeful for someone high-up-enough has a little passion for the show, at least a fraction of the voice actresses'.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.