[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there even a way for the writers to comfortably insert her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1455701260493.png (164KB, 689x773px) Image search: [Google]
1455701260493.png
164KB, 689x773px
Is there even a way for the writers to comfortably insert her into the show if they wanted to? The part of formerly evil unicorn seeking redemption and named similarly to Twilight Sparkle is currently being played by glimglam. And if you removed these aspects from Sunset's character then you'll get a bunch of shimfags screaming NOT MUH!!!
>>
File: 1481065659618.jpg (235KB, 2000x1250px)
1481065659618.jpg
235KB, 2000x1250px
>>29255173
The place she is in for her story right now would set her apart from GlimGlam. Sunset isn't regretful or ashamed of her past anymore and is a bit proud. This will distinguish her a bit from Glimmer.
As for inserting her in, while I don't support her being in full time, one episode would be perfect. The best way would to base the episode around Sunset and Celestia making amends. Celestia is really Sunset's only tie to Equestria so that would be the only logical way to do it. As for her being in the show full time, that would be bad. Glimmer fits any role Sunset would take but having Sunset appear from time to time just to visit Twi or Celestia would be fine.
t. Shimmerfag
>>
>>29255244
What would you think of Sunset and Starlight meeting? I think it could develop both of their personalities
t. Glimmerfag
>>
>>29255265
All I know is that if Sunset and Starlight were ever on screen at the same time, my dick would explode.

It could do very well for each as they both could learn from eachother. Especially with Starlight needing to learn to accept her past like Sunset has and not let her past define her since her past is not today :^)
>>
File: 1437196870530.png (648KB, 1024x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1437196870530.png
648KB, 1024x1126px
>>29255173
They could give her a bad-ass cameo I think; have her show up unexpectedly during a season finale to combine her magic with Twilight's against a big bad. But as for joining as a permanent member of the main cast? Not unless she was replacing either Glim Glam or Twilight.
>>
>>29255173
She isn't seeking redemption any more in the newest movie, just chilling at camp with everyone else. I'd like her becoming a permanent addition to the show, they've developed differently to not overlap as much.
>>
>>29255302
>Sunset appears in season 7
>Twilight works full time as a princess in Canterlot
>Sunset takes her place
>Gen 5 starts with Sunset, Glimmer, Trixie, Thorax, Spike, Gabby and Ember as the cast
>Ishi directs it
>MLP becomes great again
>>
>>29255334
Cut, print, send it out.
>>
>>29255334
>Thorax, Spike, Gabby and Ember
>great
A bunch of C-listers as the main cast would not be an improvement.
>>
>>29255334
I don't think my dick could survive that. But I want it anyway.
>>
>>29255380
>Spike
>C-lister
Who would you pick then?

I guess since we seem to have a pattern of reformed villains with Sunset, Starlight, and Trixie, why not do DT, that one bitch that stole Rarity's designs, and Lighting Dust.
>>
>>29255425
Not him, but I would do a 'passing of the torch to the next generation' theme.

>Apple Bloom
>Scootaloo
>Sweetie Belle
>Changeling Princess
>Gabby
>Princess Flurry Heart

With Sunset and Glimmer acting in mentorship roles.
>>
>>29255173
The problem is that Sunset has never once been mentioned in the show proper, so they'll have to clunky explain both her and the events of the movies. Granted exposition in the show isn't always the best, but the issue still arises the writers will have to spend time trying to get audiences who've never seen EqG to care for a character who in their eyes shows up out of nowhere, already has a relationship to Twilight, and thanks to eq4 not only has her own version of an element of harmony but it both her are some kind of new 7th one. To an unaware viewer, she'll look like a huge mary sue. 23 minutes won't really be enough time to both explain all of this and get people to care for her.
>>
>>29255451
>Changeling Princess
Who?
Also, I've had enough of the CMCs. I don't want them. I want fresh blood.
Let's get some race mixing going on. Instead of the CMCs, let's have Ember, Thorax and Zecora.
>>
File: 1461513642700.png (508KB, 1929x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1461513642700.png
508KB, 1929x2048px
>>29255520
>Who?
I would introduce a new character, a changeling princess who would be like a juvenile version of Chrysalis. Think of how useful it would be to have a shape-shifter on the team.
>>
It'd be easy.
Step One: EQG isn't canon.
Step Two: Sunset is the season 7 villain. Like Glimmer she appears in the premiere and finale, possibly with roles in other episodes.
Step Three: She gets reformed, and reconciles with Princess Celestia in the show's first ever three-parter. The episodes focus almost entirely around Celestia and Sunset and their conflict.
Step Four: All my other headcanons become canon.
Step Five: Everything is good forever. The ride never ends.
>>
>>29255542
One thing lad.
EqG not being canon means Sunset isn't canon meaning there's no way for her to be in the show. Sunset is an EqG character and the EqG story is pretty much tied to her character. You can't have one without the other.
>>
>>29255557
"My fallen apprentice, Sunset Shimmer, is back from wherever she's been hiding for the last twenty-five years to seek her revenge against me. She's started by targeting Twilight, and burnt down her terrible crystal tree castle."

That's all that needs to happen. No one even has to acknowledge EQG.
>>
>>29255594
And what is wrong with acknowledging EqG?
Either way going by that route you might as well completely re-write her character.
>>
>>29255621
I still don't like the premise. Besides, since the events of EqG have never been mentioned in the show it makes it easier to just write in Sunset Shimmer than to have the characters suddenly care about events that they never felt the need to even bring up before. I'd say it is more of a re-imagining of Sunset Shimmer than a total rewrite. Still the same base character, still a similar character arc.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.