[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Sunset was introduced to the show in season 4, same storyline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1484174369414.png (365KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1484174369414.png
365KB, 1100x1100px
If Sunset was introduced to the show in season 4, same storyline except instead of going to the human world, she went to another country out of Equestria and was defeated there and EG never existed and then took on the role Glimmer has now, and Glimmer never existed because of this, would she be hated as much?
She would retain all her personality traits.
>>
>>29252294
Glimmer was basically just an in-canon Shimmer.
>>
>>29252294
Not as much. The fact that she's more a human character than a pony one is both her blessing (non-horsefucker waifufags) and her curse.
>>
>>29252294
finally, a new character that doesn't give a "jumped the shark" feeling when added to the main cast
and she wasn't even shoehorned in at the last minute
that is how to do it right
she would be well liked, but there will always be the few obnoxious posters who would post abuse threads and shitpost her to make everyone hate her
>>
>>29252294
Probably not. EQG is her second most damning thing about her
>>
>>29252301
basically this. Sunset was such a loved eqg character that they decided they needed a show version of her. They may be completely different characters, but this is what they gave us
>>
>>29252484
im still hoping humanset comes to equestria since poneset is staying in the human world. itd open a lot of creative opportunities.
>>
>>29252498
I can see it where the human Sunset has been traveling equestria and comes upon ponyville
Twilight is going about her business (whatever that entails) and sees her
Twilight rushes her like the humane6 did when they saw Scilight for the first time in FG, mistaking her for the Twilight they knew

two birds, one stone
it answers the "Where has human Sunset has been all this time?" and it makes EqG irrefutably canon
>>
>>29252294
Glimmer was shoe-horned into the series.
Shimmer was shoe-horned in a spin-off the makers promised not to make.
By not creating a spin-off that collectively threw our shit of the charts and by not shoe-horning a mary-sue, but instead adding a character that had developement - and by that I mean not forced developement - she, Shimer, wouldn't be hated nearly as much.
>>
>>29252484
Why do fags keep peddling this lie. Sunset had nothing to do with Glim, Jim said as much on Twitter
>>
File: proof or GTFO.png (439KB, 2222x1888px) Image search: [Google]
proof or GTFO.png
439KB, 2222x1888px
>>29254249
>makers promised not to make.
>>
>>29254345
>Jim said as much on Twitter
>Jim said
there's your problem, he's a fucking liar
>>
>>29252294
>personality traits.
like what?
>ahaha im evil >:))))))))))))
>oh no, i was defeated, im so sorry pity me :'(((
>>
>>29252294
I've never had a problem with Shimmer as a character, I just can't stand the EqG movies. The designs, setting, songs, and plots are all just terrible. Shims is cute as a pone, it's just a shame it amounted to all of about two minutes of screen time.
>>
>>29254401
I'd trust his word over yours.
The only think sunshit has in common with Glim is the whole redemption angle which we have seen in the show with Discord and Luna. The two characters are very different
>>
__________boop_____________
>>
>>29252294
she'd be everyone's waifu
>>
File: 1385617116188.png (267KB, 1024x710px) Image search: [Google]
1385617116188.png
267KB, 1024x710px
>>29252294
Honestly, I think that might be doing her a disservice. Granted Shimmer does sort of follow Glimmer's path in Rainbow Rocks as the reformed villain, but the nature of Equestria Girls allows for a unique position of Sunset. While Princess Twilight is only a visitor to the human world, Sunset's self imposed exile from Equestria makes her a permanent fixture. As such, in Twilight's absence she sort of upgrades from 6th ranger to leader (much like the original green ranger for which the trope is named). She even takes on her own protege/6th ranger in the form of Scilight.
While Glimmer has certainly found her role in the show, and had her own time in the lime light, having Shimmer take on that role seems sort of like a downgrade. I suppose it might be preferable to people who like Shimmer but don't like EQG, or for those who dislike Glimmer's weird commie origin story, but I'm content with the situation we have. Might like some more crossovers or Shimmer having an occasional cameo on FIM.
>>
>>29254345
>beleiving anything jim says... ever
>>
she'd be the breath of fresh air we needed
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.