[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To all the people who say the show went downhill after season

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 14

File: twilight's kingdom end.png (816KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
twilight's kingdom end.png
816KB, 1280x720px
To all the people who say the show went downhill after season 2 and never got better, I want to ask you a question: What exactly did you want out of this show?

I concede that, yes, season 3 and the first Equestria Girls movie were pretty disappointing. But season 4 was pretty much exactly the direction I wanted the show to go in after Twilight's princesshood. So what were you guys expecting?
>>
>>29241971
Deep writing from My Little Goddamn Pony.
>>
File: IMG_4247.png (145KB, 1613x678px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4247.png
145KB, 1613x678px
>>29241971
They were expecting the same magic they felt watching the first 2 seasons to persist perpetually without realizing that that isn't possible, and even the things we love lose their novelty after a while. This made them more sensistive to the show's failings, which they had willfully ignored in earlier seasons because the show was so new and fresh, creating an illusion that the show has been going down in quality when in reality it really hasn't changed much quality wise at all. It's stayed pretty consistently good, even with the disappointments of season 3.

I can't read minds though. That's just my view on a lot of the criticism the show gets. Everyone wants something different I guess.

For me, I wanted the show to continue world-building intermixed with cute slice of life episodes, consistent and developing characterization, and an occasional darker or more actiony tone every once in a while, and that's exactly what I've gotten consistently. So that's why I'm happy.
>>
>>29241971
I want the main six to not be just background items in favor of this pony will only appear for this episode then vanish.

I want story arcs to happen in the season they're presented in.
>S3 should've been about Twilight being a Princess, it wasn't
>S6 should've been about the teaching Glimmer about friendship, she had three eps about her and one minor role that completely involved her.

I want just a pure slice of life episode with no lesson at the end. Arthur could do this, Dragon Tales could do this, fucking Maisy Mouse could do this.

It isn't hard to do any of these.
>>
>>29242071
Fuck I meant S4.
>>
>>29241971
>What exactly did you want out of this show?
powerpuff girls with horses. i wanted them to use their ultra magic powers to fight crime and the forces of evil.
>>
Twilight didn't need to become a god damn princess
>>
File: apalPY8.jpg (97KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
apalPY8.jpg
97KB, 768x1024px
>>29241971
After Season S4 the aim shifted from Twilight and turned her into another Princess bacgkround support.

I anjoyed her story but now the only thing I enjoy on the show is development of Fluttercord since that's pretty much the only thing left.
>>
>>29242071
>I want the main six to not be just background items in favor of this pony will only appear for this episode then vanish
Wish granted. We will have episodes that focus on each of the M6 throughout season 4, season 5, and season 6.
>I want story arcs to happen in the season they're presented in.
Wish granted. Season 4 will be a season-long story arc and season 5 will be as well to a lesser extent by using subtle background teasing to remind you Glimmer is watching.
>I want just a pure slice of life episode with no lesson at the end
Wish granted. We will call it "Slice of Life."
>>
>>29242414
Not an argument. The story could have chosen various directions, that is the direction it chose.
>>
>>29242018
Yeah Jim, you sure are fast.
>>
>>29241971
I want Jim Miller out of this show for good.
He never could fill Faust and Renzetti's shoes and he's evidently more concerned with being show famous than with paying attention to the shit he does.
>>
>>29242939
Don't forget farting in his bed.
>>
>>29242424
I know you're joking, but really that didn't happen. Because moral are being retaught, M6 have had their reverted back to before they learned them, and the only ones to have any character development is Twi, Rara, and Dash. Why not make AJ, Ponk, and Flutters have some form of development by changing their perspective about something in that happened in their past.

>AJ doesn't like the city
>Have an episode with her and the other Rara just chilling in the city.

>Flutters hates flying, and flight school.
>Have her go back, and realize that it isn't so bad, they even already did something like this with her.

Honestly Ponk is the only stiff one, and it still would be easy to make a solo ep with her.
>Ponk gets a letter from some random pony asking her to throw a party for their friend.

You wouldn't have to shorten S5, nor increase the length of S4. Just made it so that there was a reason to call Twi a Princess, Fuckers didn't even know who she was in S4.

And I know I'm going to get flak, but yes like Slice of Life. It was a dumb ep sure, but it was a dumb ep with ponies that have lives outside of this is the moral of the story, and oh noes the world is ending.

None of these are hard to stretch into 22mins, and I'm not asking for some masterwork literary script. Just something that can at least be different than what we got now.
>>
File: Canon talk.gif (207KB, 272x213px) Image search: [Google]
Canon talk.gif
207KB, 272x213px
>>29241971
If I were to be extremely honest season 2 wasn't the biggest deal even when I first watched it. (granted I binged the series in little over 2 weeks so that might have played a factor in it) I felt way more investment in season 4 and 5 they had the most times I laughed and s6 is just under them with some of the most hard messages to put in a kid show (Flutter Brutter biggest example). If anything I feel like the show is just hitting its zenith when it comes to its writing and characters. Sure I see complaints with Glimmer being made to be the focus now but is that so bad? She has something fresh that we haven't seen explored at this deep of a level. The whole "what happens when someone doesn't know if they've ever changed or if they can".

As for the EQG movies 1 was meh. 2 and 3 were fun as hell and 4 was just ok.
>>
File: 251299.png (3MB, 3000x2105px) Image search: [Google]
251299.png
3MB, 3000x2105px
>>29241971
I can't reply to that, 2 of my favorite 3 episodes were in seasons 3 and 5, so I've never really seen that drop in quality after season 2.

But I have a different question instead. I'm sorry it's barely related, but I'm curious and this might be a good moment to ask it. I feel that when people say "everything went to shit after season 2", the rest of the people just say "yeah, whatever" and move on, but when someone says "I loved season 5, but everything went to shit in season 6", I feel that everyone who liked season 6 feels this urge to defend it "no, you're wrong, it's better than ever, shut up, gtfo". Maybe it's just me, maybe I don't pay attention to other people's complaints about the previous seasons nor their replies and it's the same for them. Or maybe it's just that so much time after season 2, complaints about season 3 feel old and no one cares enough to start a flame. But I really feel that replies to season 6 complaints are absolutely vitriolic. So, here's my question, is it true? Why is it then?

I find it difficult to see it from the other side. Maybe if I could be in your shoes, I'd like this season as I liked all the previous seasons. But I can't, so the best I can do is try to guess. Could it be because it scares you to see someone who came this far saying something bad about the show? Like, maybe you think that if it happened to us it could happen to you too, and you don't want to think about it and that's why you want us to shut up? Would you feel any better if I said, from the bottom of my heart, that the fact that some of us think that this season was atrocious shouldn't change your opinion about it, at all?
>>
>>29244238
Honestly I feel like everyone has their own definition of when it went "down hill". Luckily I havent hit that point even after season 3 I can say the show still has a lot of luster left in it.
>>
>>29241971
>So what were you guys expecting?
More attention to detail from the writers: fewer plot holes, less tech creep, more consistent magic.
>>
File: 1477348016075.png (122KB, 460x350px) Image search: [Google]
1477348016075.png
122KB, 460x350px
>>29241971
>It became too mainstream
>the writers began catering to the retards that srtated flocking by the millions after season 2
>Hence season 3
>>
>>29242414
She will tell Celestia that she doesn't want to be a princess anymore in S7.
>>
>>29241971
/mlp/ is full of salty cucks!
>>
The fact that we even continue to have these conversations is disappointing

Let people who grew out of the show, left the fandom the at babby's first time dealing with a weak season, or decided the show was shit the first moment it didn't follow their headcanon fucking move on.....there are us fans who have been fans the whole time, are aware that any long running show will have ups and downs and are mentally fit to deal with that, and will continue to be fans until it's all over and THEN will make our final opinions rather than preemptively judging

So fuck you OP for making this thread and catering to the haterbase

>>29244312
>>the writers began catering to the retards that srtated flocking by the millions after season 2
>>Hence season 3

Wasn't S3 supposed to be the end of the series....
>>
File: 387310.png (195KB, 466x559px) Image search: [Google]
387310.png
195KB, 466x559px
>>29244599
>will continue to be fans until it's all over and THEN will make our final opinions rather than preemptively judging
2024, the 14th and final season of MLP has just ended. Anon is finally ready to face his fate.
"Well NOW I can make my opinion (awkward pause) yeah, what I thought, everything after Best Night Ever was shit. But now I know for sure. (satisfaction grunt)"
>>
>>29241971
>But season 4 was pretty much exactly the direction I wanted the show to go in after Twilight's princesshood.
The Twilight Sparkle show? Really?
>>
>>29241971
>>29242036
If you stop being an arrogant little faggot who cannot say "Yes I am wrong" then I will tell you, but I doubt you'll understand anything.

Consider stopping watching horrible shows for one second and watching quality cartoons shows between 2000-2005 from Foxkids and Warner Brothers, not the disgusting CN and Nick.
>>
>>29241971
You don't know or you don't listen? Tread carefully you little asshole, it's not like horsefuckers and bronies are the most honest and sincere people on the planet. In fact they're the most hypocritical and backstabbing communists you'll have the misfortune of meeting and getting your neurons killed by their stupidity.

Don't listen to Sethisto, he's an idiot.

Listen to me. You mean to tell me you don't understand the problem because you're too autistic or you genuinely want to understand and agree with me without being a stubborn degenerate in denial like everyone in here?

Season 1 is a mediocrity full of girly girls acting like they're 25.
Seasons 2-6 are of an utter shit level of quality very similar to insanely bad shows made for retards such as: Flapjack, Adventure Time and Steven Universe.

It's so depressing to see decent shows such as FIM, 9th grade ninja, Penn Zero, Bunnicula, Tron Uprising, Legend of Korra never reaching their full potential all because we live in the 2010-2020 where every cartoon has to be written by melodramatic handicapped idiots with the level of pretentiousness of a 15 year old uneducated kid who's trying to find excuses for his horrible grades.

I loved Juniper Lee, American Dragon and Tutenstein as adventure shows, it's too bad we can't even get shows to match up to their level of quality, let alone surpass them. It seems like The Last Airbender was still the only mature children's cartoon show we will ever get in our lifetime.
>>
>>29244866
I'm only going to make these posts a few times when I do happen to be here and catch these sort of threads. Take my posts as diamonds in the sea of shit because I'm not going to be here 24/7 or give enough of a fuck to reply back every time you ask "Hey anon why did the show go bad" "Lol fuck off anon, you hate everything anyway".
>>
To be honest, I ENJOYED SEASONS ONE TO FIVE. I LIKED SEASON 3, 4, and 5. S6 just had many bad writers and a shitty retard director manchild with no idea how to write. The show was throwing its F-list material at us, sprinkled with shitty pandering and bad waifubait.
>>
>>29244902
Truthfully this. In fact, I still maintain 3 wasn't that bad, it's just remembered as such because of Twilicorn and EQG drama. S6 is FAR worse than S3, S3 was at worst forgettable, and I didn't think Spike At Your Service was a godawful abomination, especially compared to S6 episodes like Cart Before Ponies.
>>
>>29244819
I have favorite episodes from all season of MLP, S6 is the second weakest aside from a couple gems above S3, but s4 and 5 are between those seasons who why the fuck would I be so ignorant as to assume MLP can never have a great season again?

Stop doomsaying you fucking retards, and if you really feel that way, that the show stopped being good after S1 or even S2, leave, we don't need you to stick around

Any show, ANY show, has a distinct vibe in it's early stages that differs from when a standard has been establishes, MLP has become much better in terms of animation but the trade off is some of the charm and quirk that came along with the early seasons, but that's superficial, writing has been consistent ....actually oddly consistent in my opinion, with both third seasons of either "trilogy" being weaker than their previous two but still with some goodness sprinkled in
>>
>>29244946
>why the fuck would I be so ignorant as to assume MLP can never have a great season again?
Gee I don't know, might have something left with the very low quality staff around. People like Big Jim who literally cry on Twitter because "s-someone on a forum said we don't care about the show!" If you think that's acceptable, and is a good sign for the future of the show, you're just as bad as he is.
>>
File: 1467070218132.jpg (73KB, 791x716px) Image search: [Google]
1467070218132.jpg
73KB, 791x716px
>>29244994
I don't uh....care about the personal lives of the staff nor do I use "Twitter", I watch the show and judge the episodes individually based on how good I thought they were
>>
>>29245006
So if a chef is very clearly a slob who doesn't wash his hands or bathe often, and you see this regularly and are well aware of it, you'd blindly eat any dish he prepares for you?
>>
>>29244946
Fuck, man, it was a joke, the pic should have given it away.
>>
>>29245091
Drones don't understand jokes, Anon.
>>
>>29241971
Friendship is Magic is the only good part of MLP
>>
>>29241971
Anon in Equestria
>>
File: 1473248391567.gif (687KB, 540x396px) Image search: [Google]
1473248391567.gif
687KB, 540x396px
>>29245008
Yeah cause I'm not a fucking faggot. No but really, that analogy doesn't work...at all. I'm not tasting the work of a writer on some cartoon show, their cleanliness is a non issue, and it doesn't work metaphorically either because what, you're implying what again? I don't want to hang out with whatever moron you're talking about, how he is in his personal life and on "Twitter" doesn't effect my enjoyment of the show....if he writes shit episodes I'll acknowledge it and probably never acknowledge him because I DON'T CARE

>>29245091
My bad

>>29245101
>Drones
Yeah, I said S3 and S6 were weak IMO, but I'm a drone...nah, you're just some faggot hater who's leeching on MY fandom despite the fact that you stopped caring about the show, if you ever did at all which is highly unlikely, probably just some clown who doesn't watch the show but thinks this fandom is some place for you to fit in, like so many of the worst of us

Here's a hint, go become a Juggalo or something, perhaps a punk rocker
>>
>>29245290
It absolutely works. If you see someone who very clearly is a low quality person, and they're the one making the show, you can absolutely say "S7 really doesn't have a bright future because all the veterans are gone and now we're left with these kinds of people." Hence, the analogy of not trusting a dirty chef. If the person is a "dirty" individual, the quality of the work they are going to produce is to be questioned. This goes back to your original point

>why the fuck would I be so ignorant as to assume MLP can never have a great season again?

That's where that comes from. But again, I can see how much of a drone you are that this doesn't make sense.

>faggot hater
>MY fandom
Go back to ponychan you cancer.
>>
>>29245008
What an awful analogy.
>>
>>29245008
>>29245475
And I am even going to take the time to explain you why it is awful:

Anon said he doesn't care about the personal life of the writers

Your analogy says that anon is aware of what kind of person the chef is

If you don't know whether the chef is a hygienic person and they have prepared a dish for you in a restaurant with a fairly well reputation, are you then going to ask what kind of person the chef is before you even taste their dish?

The quality of mlp seasons have been fairly consistent throughout all these years. I don't know any writers myself and can't distinguish any episodes by the style they were written in, but the show has still been nice. I enjoyed it. Why in the world would I care whether one of the writers cries on Twitter about some trivial matter? I am just here to enjoy cute ponies. If they hire some new writers, then I will still give the show a go and not drop it based on which writers they hired. It's not going to give me some food poisoning after all.
>>
>>29245527
Different anon, not caring is completely different than not knowing. That's what makes things extremely different than what you describe if you only say he doesn't care. It's not a case of not being aware of the quality of the "chef", it's a case of not caring about who they are.
>>
>>29245401
>criticize the show where it counts
>still a drone
You've proven yourself to be a poseur and a fandom fan, kill yourself you rotten piece of gutless filth

>Go back to ponychan you cancer.
Ponychan has existed quite a bit longer than this board itself, I don't see you point....what, are we still playing the "ponychan is a hugbox but /mlp/ isnt" game? because that isn't true for anybody who actually knows anything beyond memes. But hey, do you man, you do you....fucking poseur.
>>
>>29245652
>You've proven yourself to be a poseur and a fandom fan, kill yourself you rotten piece of gutless filth
>KEEP MY FANDOM PURE YOU STUPID HATER TROLL REEEEEEEEE

> But hey, do you man, you do you....fucking poseur.
I assume "nothing personnel kid" is somewhere in there, right?

Okay, I'm sorry. I guess drone wasn't the right word to use. Would you prefer edgelord?
>>
>the first Equestria Girls movie were pretty disappointing.
>>
>>29245527
>I don't know any writers myself and can't distinguish any episodes by the style they were written in, but the show has still been nice. I enjoyed it. Why in the world would I care whether one of the writers cries on Twitter about some trivial matter? I am just here to enjoy cute ponies. If they hire some new writers, then I will still give the show a go and not drop it based on which writers they hired. It's not going to give me some food poisoning after all.

I will enjoy the show as long as I deem it to be done well, what you think matters not to me, I'm not here to be a brother to the likes of you I'm here because I actually like MLP and have for years, I will not drop the show based on writers unless they ruin the show...I don't give a flying FUCK about what a writer does on fucking Twitter because I'm not a god damned teenaged girl you fucking nutless queer, do you watch the Kardashians too? I don't give a fuck, am I going to start stop listening to musicians because they do things in their personal lives as well? Should I delete my entire Pantera collection because Phil made an idiot out of himself in public? No, I DON'T CARE, I'm into the show for the show, not the fucking DRAMA you faggots are in it for, kill yourself
>>
File: faker.jpg (87KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
faker.jpg
87KB, 400x400px
>>29245695
T. Fandom Fan
>>
File: 1466707550725.gif (348KB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
1466707550725.gif
348KB, 494x494px
>>29245708
>Actively going rabid at someone who was trying to vouch for him
You can't make up this level of autistic rage.
>>
I'm actually quite optimistic about the future, S3 was not as good as the first 2, but 4 and 5 were definitely very enjoyable, S6 was like S3, so if we keep the pattern up, the next 2 seasons are gonna be better
>>
File: RarityBeard.jpg (171KB, 603x640px) Image search: [Google]
RarityBeard.jpg
171KB, 603x640px
>>29242414
>First episode of the whole show introduces a Unicorn personally raised by the princess of the kingdom and who proceeds to save the world
>Be surprised when said Unicorn becomes a princess
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.