[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Despite your love for this show in all it's girly, autistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4265.png (386KB, 900x823px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4265.png
386KB, 900x823px
Despite your love for this show in all it's girly, autistic glory, is there anything about it that still makes you, if I may indulge in overused buzzwords, cringe??

For me, I've been a fan since the beginning, and despite my love for the show, I still can't stand the intro. I skip it all the time, and i think it deserves a better one more showing of how different the show is from other little girls cartoons. Now I have no clue what I would do to change it, but still.
>>
>>29227286
the theme song, thats it
>>
File: pls no bully.gif (198KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
pls no bully.gif
198KB, 640x360px
>>29227292
This.
>>
>>29227286
nope. only reason i even skip the intro is because ive heard it hundreds of times.

ive learned to enjoy my autism.
>>
>>29227286
The only time that I legitimately cringed while watching the show was that Spike anthem song at the Equestria Games.

Even to this day, I can't watch it without muting the audio half way through.
>>
My only issue with the show is when they clearly ignore continuity that impacts the world building significantly.
>>
>>29227318
I cringed when spike sang A Changeling Can Change.

I'm not proud of it. I wanted to like it. It's a beautiful concept for a song. But Spike's voice is so terrible and the lyrics so awful I couldn't.
>>
>>29227318
Is that a good thing or a bad thing on the writers part when it was supposed to be cringe / embarrassment?
>>
>>29227318
it might help you to know that the song was entirely improvised by the VA.
>>
>>29227286
The ending to the second episode is still really bad
>>
>>29227318
Spike's song in that episode, and also Twilight's song-spell in rainbow rocks
>EQG
>>
The Newbie Dash imitation scenes. Those scenes and the episode as a whole were still good, though.

Other than that not much to cringe over.
>>
>>29227318
This is the only thing for me. Theme song I normally skip for time, but it's a part of my new episode hype tradition.
>>
>>29227286
The dubstep cart in slice of life made me take a breather to shake off the cringe.
>>
>>29227772
>>29227318
This
>>
File: 174474.gif (57KB, 480x330px) Image search: [Google]
174474.gif
57KB, 480x330px
>>29227286
Despite it being S1 and me liking the characters and understanding the point of the scene...the Cutie Mark Crusaders' theme song.
>>
>>29227838
I dont know why that bothered people so much it was one of the few decent parts of the episode
>>
>>29229503
That whole scene where they screw up the talent show kind of hurt to watch. Which I guess was the intention.
>>
>>29227806
At first, I thought the theme song was the girliest shit ever. But honestly, it really grew on me, and I always let it play. My brothers and I have a running joke that Celestia will one day snap at Twilight for sending her the same goddamn picture of her friends every week.
>>
>>29230092
>hurt to watch
i was surprised to hear people cringed at that part. i thought it was cute as fuck.
>>
>>29227341
That, I Wasn't Prepared For This (Christ sake Spike, stop with the fucking Ballet), and the whole Big Mac and Apple Jack's big lying adventure are God damn terrible. I can't watch those ever again.
>>
>>29227286
>is there anything about it that still makes you cringe?
Any Dave Rapp episode. That fucker is atrocious. "Oh no, if it's intentional cringe, then it's not cringe", fuck, no, cringe humor is the cringiest cringe, and that idiot literally can't write anything that isn't cringe humor. I still can't understand why this place, which universally hates FiW, thinks that Dave Rapp is funny when his "humor" is a million times more cancerous.
>>
>>29230147
We... Hate FiW? I had no idea. I enjoyed it
>>
>>29227318
>>29227341
These. Why does Spike even exist, Twilight has a pet already.
>>
>>29227286
>it's an 'everybody laughing together at the end of the episode' episode
Also
>"The Princess Twilight cometh, behold, behold"
I really like the songs in MMC but Jesus that one I skip
>>
>>29230156
Not "everyone" hates FiW, I liked it, but it's one of those things where the consensus here is "it's bad". I think it's unfair.

Likewise, the consensus about Dave Rapp is, if you say something mean about him, you're le ebin butthurt Dashfag or le ebin butthurt NEET or whatever. And so magically the cringiest writer the show has ever had is now free from any criticism and therefore he's good. Well no, he isn't, fuck memes and fuck him.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.