[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about Meghan McCarthy? https://www.youtub

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

What do you think about Meghan McCarthy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIjeWUVzyH4
>>
>>29196887
She need to be fired!
>>
>>29196887
unplowable.
>>
She's written many of the best episodes, and S4 and 5 happened under her tenure. She's been a godsend to MLP, along with Larson, Rogers, and Confalone.
>>
>>29197035
>s4 and 5 happened under her tenure
>implying that's a positive
>>
>>29197035
No, she's a worsts writer in S4 and S5 and bullied Larson, Rogers, and Confalone.
>>
File: the antifaust.png (191KB, 1105x722px) Image search: [Google]
the antifaust.png
191KB, 1105x722px
What I want to know is who is most directly responsible for this

Is it her? Big Jim? Larson? I want to know who mandated this
>>
>>29196887
>What do you think about Meghan McCarthy?
well, unlike lauren faust she stuck with the show. shes also done some fine work.

shes a pretty cool gal who doesnt afraid of anything.
>>
>>29197100
>unlike lauren faust she stuck with the show.

What do you mean by this?
>>
>>29197094
That baby has been an obvious eventuality since the s2 finale. Hell, the song "Love is in Bloom" is actually from Flurryheart's perspective.
>>
>>29197094
this thing will never not be creepy
>>
>>29197100
But, she's still evil on the inside and get turned to the dark side since 2013.
>>
>>29197000
Blablabla everything is shit, blablabla the show only sucks now, blablabla the whole staff is awful, blablabla where are the good old days, blablabla my mother didn't love me
>>
>>29197194
What makes you say that?
>>
>>29197222
Because she's pathetic! She's no Stephine McMahon, she's the next Vickie Gurrero!
>>
>>29197094
>implying jim writes the show
>>
>>29197050
How'd you like three Season 6s instead of just one? McCarthy might have a bit of a fetish for Twilight, but she did quite well with what changes Hasbro forced upon the show. And as >>29197035 points out, she has written some of the high scorers—Dragonshy, Party of One, Lesson Zero, Sweet and Elite, Twilight's Kingdom, The Cutie Map, Rarity Investigates!, all McCarthy.
>>
>>29197358
But I hate all of these episodes. Mlp is shit and so is McCarthy
>>
>>29197374
So basically what >>29197212 said
>>
>>29197374
Like Stone Cold Steve Austin said "It's a piece of trash!"
>>
>>29197094
Probably Vogel since he wrote a book about her being born.
>>
File: Discord.jpg (326KB, 2221x720px) Image search: [Google]
Discord.jpg
326KB, 2221x720px
>>29196887
I like her because she likes the same ship and same character
>>
>>29197094
Obviously Hasbro. They're the reason her parents were crowbarred into the show.
>>
>>29196887
Shes OK but Ishi could do her job better.
>>
>>29196887
She was far from perfect but she was a million times better than Haber. I'd love to see both her and Thiessen back.
>>
>>29197832
McCarthy's EQGs are unironically better than Ishi's
>>
File: Axis power united.jpg (599KB, 1024x688px) Image search: [Google]
Axis power united.jpg
599KB, 1024x688px
>>29197824
Dude, Hasbro as in "corporation" doesn't give a fuck about any character or which one is gay or hated. They just want profits. When it comes to inventing new characters, the only "Hasbro" people responsible for it is

Meghan McCarthy
Mike Vogel
(main)
Jayson Thiesson
Josh Haber
Jim Miller
Any other writer
(suggestions)

One of them also came up with:

Alicorn Twilight

Brony 100th episode (confirmed by Larson to be Mike Vogel)
Cadance
Flurry (probably Mike Vogel due to him writing a book about her around S6 was being released)

Equestria Girls (Meghan McCarthy since she wrote first movie)

Starlight Glimmer (most likely created by Larson and Haber)

Reformation of Starlight Glimmer (probably Haber since Larson left and Vogel said that he wasn't keen on writing SG and only recently started to love her when he wrote her episodes)

Discords reformation (confirmed to be McCarthy according to Teddy Antonio, also fluttercord development is her idea)

Wierd Al as Cheese Sandwich (thanks to Jayson Thiessen confirmed by himself)
>>
>>29198334
>Dude, Hasbro as in "corporation" doesn't give a fuck about any character or which one is gay or hated. They just want profits.
Yeah, that's why they forced the staff to create such a shitty character, as well as any other change that's clearly fucking the show's established story just to advertise horrendous toys. It's rather obvious by the fact that Vogel is a Hasbro exec that strongarmed his way into the writing staff, undoubtedly at the expense of hiring a writer with actual talent.
>>
>>29198557
Hasbro execs who are above Meghan and Mike only forced them to make some interesting characters for toys. It's Meghan and Vogel who created the cancer like Twilicorn and Flurry.
>>
>>29196887
She's part of the cancer that made a joke out of the entire franchise by allowing Equestria Girls to exist
>>
>>29197358
>McCarthy might have a bit of a fetish for Twilight
I agree with most of your points anon, but if we ignore the premieres and finales then seasons 4 & 5 were the least Twilight-heavy seasons up to that point. Even in S3, again if you ignore the premiere and MMC, she plays a fairly minor role in most of the episodes. In S1 & 2 Twilight was the main character of most of the episodes, and she was usually the one learning a lesson.
>>
>>29198575
>HAsbro made them come up with ideas that could be turned into toys.
No, Hasbro forced them to make their toy ideas into shitty characters/areas.

And you can't properly argue that it's DHX's fault because they implemented it in a shitty way (except Vogel), since even Shakespeare, Dickens and every other famous writer couldn't write a good story under those cicumstances.
>>
>>29198609
>there are no way in making Equestria Girls interesting and not as cancerous as it was in the first movie

Every Fimficiton writer would do a better job.
>>
>>29197060
explain
>>
>>29198680
>Every Fimficiton writer would do a better job
Well, now you're just exaggerating.
>>
>>29198680
They're not writing it under such strict lines from a boss.

It's why the fake "my dad works for hasbro, here's the synopsis" posts were always so much better than the films.
>>
Confalone should become a story editor since he hang out with Larson and he also reads the books and IDW comics.
>>
>>29198334
>Calling Theissen and Miller "Hasbro people"
>>
>>29197563
You idiot! Fluttercord is the worst shipping ever!
>>
>>29198208
No, McCarthy is still a racist writer and Thiessen is still a dork director!

>>29198226
Ishi is better than McCarthy.

>>29198334
McCarthy and Vogel is still a racist writers, Davis is pathetic, and Thiessen is a dork!
>>
>>29196887
She's a garbage writer who's stupid enough to throw out the show bible after 100 episodes.
>>
>>29197358
>Dragonshy
>Party of One
>Lesson Zero
>Twilight's Kingdom
>"highscores"
>>
>>29199133
>McCarthy is still a racist writer
I've never understood this. Besides, seriously, how in hell is McCarthy more "racist" than Haber, after Haber wrote an episode where he canonized that black changelings can't be good. That's like the most racist thing this show has ever done, I still don't understand how was that approved. So, even if McCarthy were racist, she would still be less racist than Haber. Replacing Haber by McCarthy would be a change for the better. I don't know, that's how I see it.
>>
File: alicorn hater.jpg (105KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
alicorn hater.jpg
105KB, 640x480px
>>29198334
>whaaaaa all change is bad all character development is a conspiracy, MLP should be like Family Guy where no changes are permanent and character growth is openly ignored in favor of the same plots and jokes being recycled forever
>>
>>29199153
Did you even read the post you replied to?
>>
>>29196887
If she has anything to do with the direction the CMC were taken from seasons 3-5, she's my favorite and I'm sad that she left the show and let everything that happened in season 6 happen.
>>
>>29199152
You are replying to the autist who keep spammin "Discord will be dead and Twilight will lose her wings in S7"
>>
>>29199164
Bitch, she literally created CMC from a scratch as she wrote their first episode.

>>29199153
Retard, the points are about shitty changes, not ANY changes. I haven't mentioned CMC getting cutie marks, Dash becoming a wonderebolt etc, Although i don't think that Discord refomration or apeparance of Wierd Al are a bad thing.
>>
>>29199153
>I want the show completely ruined with completely unwarranted 180s in story that come out of nowhere because I prefer garbage plastic over good story and characters.

Predictable from the sort of faggot who celebrates Faust having a miscarriage.
>>
>>29199199
I meant more from a more creative way, in deciding to give them individual attention and not make their marks "hammer, singing, scooter". I assume those talents were Faust's idea. It was after she left that the CMC finally started getting mature attention as individuals instead of being treated as a group of silly children.
>>
>>29196887
Stupid cunt.
>>
File: mccarthy bronycon.jpg (3MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
mccarthy bronycon.jpg
3MB, 3456x4608px
>>29196887
Let's see

good things

+ created CMC
+ reformed Discord
+ cucked Flutterfags
+ made edgy episode with fighting
+ creating the first MLP movie

bad

- created Equestria Girls
- her plotline about magic keys and rainbow power was shit
- she didn't stop the crystal castle
- she let Haber lead S5 and S6 while letting Larson go
- she didn't care about fucking up Faust lore with baby alicorns and she let Glimmer waste 2 seasons already
- her Power Ponies episode was garbage
>>
>>29199294
Hell, no! Reform Discord, Fluttercord shipping and a movie with a racist Twilicorn is a BAD things!
>>
>>29199312
fuck off, kwark85
>>
>>29199317
Shut Up, Faggot! Hasbro is going highway to hell!
>>
>>29199294
>- she let Haber lead S5 and S6 while letting Larson go
We'll never know for sure, but If I had to put a bet on it, I think that Larson was the obvious choice as McCarthy's replacement, and it was him the one who refused. Larson said that he hates to work with writers who didn't watch the show, and this season was the season with more new writers, he would have had a bad time being their supervisor.

Not that I want to blame Larson for dodging a bullet, but as little as we know, I'd say that McCarthy is not the only one to blame here.
>>
>>29199139
This has to be bait. No one could possibly be THIS retarded.
>>
>>29199337
You need to kill yourself already. You are 32 years old and still autistic.
>>
>>29196887
She makes good episodes and is a nice person.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.