[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm curious about why so many people hate faust or at least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: 1481693615176.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481693615176.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
i'm curious about why so many people hate faust or at least don't want her on the show

the only thing i know is that she wanted more adventure instead of SoL, which is what a lot of people want.

what don't you like about her?
>>
>>29193432
She's a woman and many people here hate women.
>>
>>29193432
>i'm curious about why so many people hate faust
Post S02 bandwagoners, Meghandroids and Jimbeciles. That's why.
>>
>>29193432
>wanting dragon ball zhit

no srsly fuck off
>>
She's just as crazy and vocal as any other of the Entertainment Lefties.

That's pretty much the only thing I dislike about her, and all the rest of those entertainers who never shut up about political shit, but I solved that by not following her Twitter.
>>
>>29193592
This
>>
>>29193607
This
She has her own fucked up agenda. Fuck that bitch.
>>
>>29193432
I think a lot of it comes down to this false dichotomy between "adventure" and "slice of life" - a belief that if the show gains action/adventure themes or has extended story arcs, then that automatically means it loses the small, cute and comfy moments that we've all come to love. So you get one side that thinks if there's adventure everything is going to turn grimdark/DBZ-esque, and another that thinks unending focus on slice-of-life is strangling the show, and they don't really tend to compromise.

...frankly, it doesn't help that the post-Faust writers' ideas of "action" and "adventure" are "Unicorn laser beam battles" and "Lots of talking followed by a 30-second deus ex machina that fixes literally everything". I can definitely see how that would sour some people to adventure, but I believe that if there was an emphasis on quality adventure from the beginning we wouldn't have gotten to that point.

Some of her follow-up stuff to FiM hasn't exactly been top-tier, so I could also see that making people worried that her ideas for FiM would eventually become worse.

Frankly, though, judging just by the ideas she tried to push for FiM - I think she would have been a very positive influence, so maybe I'm not the best to talk about it.
>>
I kinda like her. Sure, fuck her lefty views, but she makes good cartoons and she's better at this than Jim will ever be.
>>
>>29193698
>and she's better at this than Jim will ever be.
She's married, finally got a baby and is basically untrollable.

Jim is a 40 year old bachelor living on a shitty apartament with a decrepit dog as his only company and he tries using Twitter to fill that gaping void inside of him, but at the same time he hates twitter because it leaves him open to criticism and being called out on his bullshit, which drives him absolutely crazy.

Being compared to Faust and Renzetti also makes him feel the ultimate butthurt.
>>
>>29193686
what ideas?
the only things i read about were seaponies and twilight not becoming an alicorn
>>
File: lauren_descartes.png (87KB, 202x273px) Image search: [Google]
lauren_descartes.png
87KB, 202x273px
>>29193432
>i'm curious about why so many people hate faust
Only newfags do
>>
>>29194133
>Seaponies
I've never actually heard that one come up in relationship to Faust.

Off the top of my head, between the artbook, comments she's made, and the huge leak:
> Actually finding the Elements of Harmony would have been an S1 arc. Nightmare would have appeared in the finale.
> Many episodes would have focused on exploration outside of Equestria, and how different the other species' civilizations were
> Some slight character factors to be explored - for instance, Rainbow Dash vanishing for days on end and without a word
> Some still lingering tensions between the tribes - some of this made it into the early show, see Winter Wrap Up.
> A lot more horsey stuff - bridles, saddles, etc showing up much more often
> Some exploration of the Princesses, including their background
> Two alicorns. No more.
> Twilight would have graduated from her studies as a mid-series accomplishment arc
Now, I may be projecting a bit but I take two things from this:

One, Faust had developing arcs planned for the characters. Instead of the spasmodic "development" we got where they receive sudden, huge jumps in their development but plateau elsewhere, she seemed to have ideas about each of the M6 having a lot of development to work through over time.

Two, she had ideas for the world - about what the other races were doing, about the princesses, and about the background in general. I trust this a lot more, because means she had a distinct vision for the world and because it really seems like she was interested in building a coherent lore for the show. Not just 'toss things out as needed for an individual episode', but a larger plan where individual pieces would actually fit together.
>>
File: 1482792681008.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1482792681008.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>29193743
>untrollable

Someone hasn't seen her twitter since election day
>>
>>29194432
many of those things could have been great
>>
>>29193432
The show was the best when she was calling the shots. It was not perfect, it had bad episodes. But the whole thing was tied together into a coherent, low fantasy mesh that had a soul. Now we have New York episode nr 37 because lmao who cares xd
That being said, her political agenda is shit tier. Not sure how that relates to making a cartoon pony show, but hey
>>
File: 1428163821137.png (245KB, 531x411px) Image search: [Google]
1428163821137.png
245KB, 531x411px
>>29193432
Her idea of good humour is fart and scat jokes, I shit you not.

That asides, her idealism in the industry extends only to her agenda of filling every film, show and game with STRONG FEMALE PROTAGONISTs and behaving as if they have never existed before she began her career, even though they've been a thing for decades now.

Don't listen to these faustfags, they'd have you believe she's the second coming of Christ and wrote the entirety of Season 1 on her own.

She's talented at character design, that's about it.
>>
I never liked that Faust alone is given credit for the first season. It was a talented staff that pulled it off. They even had Rob Renzetti.
>>
>>29197673
I never liked that Faust alone is given credit for pony being good overall. It's like no one knows who Bonnie is, or how grim earlier generations got at times.
>>
>>29193636
>promoting good role models for little girls
>fucked-up agenda
How twisted can one mind really get?
>>
>>29193432
Because they have to shill their boss ruining the show online so idiots think they aren't the enemy. The only reason that it's alot worse for her than anyone else who left is that she's the only one who made it clear that Hasbro were fucking things up, even though it's only ever been implied.

We're at the point where most to all people who defend their shitty actions are glad she had that loss, that how vitriolic the hatred is.
>>
>>29197601
she is also good at world building
>>
>>29197763
We don't want the same person who said "If you don't see nu Ghostbusters you're a sexist who hates women and you HAVE to see it if you're not a sexist." to be the one running the show.
>>
File: 1478672334013.png (70KB, 720x532px) Image search: [Google]
1478672334013.png
70KB, 720x532px
>>29198728
Plus she was spewing the same shit as the rest of the sjw media after zero hour
>>
>>29193432
Insane droning retards who absolutely feel the need to contradict the teacher about how shit they are.

As for why I personally hate that redhead. It's because she's a bubbleheaded standardless naive moron.
I hate her because she's all talk and no bite. She did jackshit to save her cartoon show. There's a little thing called Kickstarter since April 2009 yet she never thought of trying to crowdfund her galaxy girls doll line even after the brony fandom shoved money in her retarded charity donations nobody else cared about.
>>
>>29198840
A bit difficult not to when any deviation from that ends your career.
>>
>>29198840
Yeah but when half of America is like that can you really blame it on one person?
>>
>>29197756
>how grim earlier generations got at times.
In all fairness, they got pretty hardcore too, taking on Satan and shit
>>
>>29193432
I don't hate her, myself, even if she is waay to left-leaning for me and never finishes anything she starts working on. But at least she has somewhat more experience than these fucks working on the show now.

She's okay.
>>
>>29198728
>SHE LIKED A MOVIE I DIDN'T LIKE, HANG HER

You children will get mad over anything.

>>29198840
You'd think Trumptards would be less sensitive and fragile after they won, but nope. Still just takes a single tweet to trigger them.
>>
File: reaction fluttershy.png (40KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
reaction fluttershy.png
40KB, 500x406px
>>29198840
>Fause creates an openly feminist horse cartoon
>you're surprised when she dislikes an openly anti-feminist candidate

YES, QUITE THE SHOCKING SURPRISE.
>>
>>29199183
>an openly anti-feminist candidate
I bet he's racist too?
>>
File: 1478682674924.png (49KB, 660x477px) Image search: [Google]
1478682674924.png
49KB, 660x477px
>>29199165
>>29199183
Not even triggered. Some of the staff were actually adults about it and I have huge respect for that
>>
>>29194485
Oh, do tell!
What is her opinion about god emperor Trump?
>>
>>29199212
>"Anti-feminist" is code for "sexist".
>>
>>29199215
This is the right attitude to carry.
Really, if one can't say anything nice afterwards, it's better to just don't say anything at all.
>>
>>29199215
Figures my girl Celly would be the most grown up about this. Fuck, why can't she have an episode?
>>
>>29194432

Just wanted to point out that it was also her intention to have Twilight become an alicorn. So... three alicorns.
>>
#BasedMom literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>29199394
Her plan was for Twilight to replace Celestia. I'd argue that nothing about that inherently says Alicorn-ism - in fact, it might have been even more poignant for a non-alicorn to take up the role of Princess - a point that anyone can do the most with hard effort and good friends at their side, no special race needed. Given the leaks, it's very safe to say she intended Twilight to have some major intermediary accomplishments before that. A kind of "kids grow up and move out from under the parents" situation.

Even if we assume alicorn Twilight was her endgoal, frankly the finale of an extended series with slow character growth over time - which is what she seems to have planned - is much better than an out-of-nowhere "wow, I fucked up. Better fix this shit. Oh wow, I'm an alicorn now, yay!" Again, maybe I'm reaching, but I think the reaction would have been far less hostile if Twilicorn had come as a finale to an extended arc.
>>
File: CROP_20170105_185436.jpg (64KB, 1059x303px) Image search: [Google]
CROP_20170105_185436.jpg
64KB, 1059x303px
>>29199892

I think what she said here isn't very ambiguous, most probably that was meant to happen. As for the rest, I absolutely agree, it's obvious that there wouldn't have been any outrage (or, at the very least, not one of such proportions) if Twi's ascension didn't come literally out of nowhere.
>>
>>29199394
she said she wanted to turn her on celestia's succesor, but never said anything about turning her into an alicorn
>>
>>29200103
Ah, fair enough. I'd missed that bit.
>>
>>29199892
>It might have been even more poignant for a non-alicorn to take up the role of Princess
Considering she tried find twilight toys without the wings, I'd say that's what she was going for.

>>29200103
>Posts a post without the trip that happened when multiple faggots were spamming namefagging.
Don't fucking do that.
>>
File: 5c6a1945806787.583de559a0cc3.jpg (814KB, 1400x1809px) Image search: [Google]
5c6a1945806787.583de559a0cc3.jpg
814KB, 1400x1809px
>>29199215
>>29198840
There are so many legit reasons to have a pit in your stomach about the Trump presidency. Like holy shit, I am convinced he's going to make every aspect of financial corruption as bad as he can get away with. I also think he's going to be an awful diplomat that's going to annihilate outrageous amounts of international goodwill towards the States.

But we reached a point during all of this where we crossed a line into crazy town and the arguments stopped being real. Pic related, it's an evil, claw-handed trump doing battle with a Chinese man-dragon. They spent so much time inventing fake things that Trump could do in a fictional universe that they never really drove home the kind of damage he could do on a practical level. It's possible they didn't get into that because there wasn't a sharp real divide between the two corporatist candidates they gave us.

But a lot of people freaking out about Trump or doing so from a fictional universe where Trump has unilateral power, the ability to make laws on his own, and an actual desire to carry out half the unlikely promises he spewed to rally a base.
>>
>>29200103
That was one of the fake Faust posters (of which there were many in that thread).
>>
>>29200180
>here are so many legit reasons to have a pit in your stomach about the Trump presidency.
><snip>

Stopped reading there. I am not interested in your leftist political whining. Go visit >>>/leftypol/ or something.
>>
>>29200250
>Stopped reading
Well, that would be a key thing you'd have to do to be legit excited about Trump.

But the point I was getting at is that a lot of these political opinions, while closely held, aren't based on much of anything substantial. It's just repeating things other people are saying. Faust was supporting the new Ghostbusters movie, for example. But why? It wasn't a major leap forward for women when you get down to it. You'd think you'd want to watch movie, chew on it for a few days, THEN maybe throw some support behind it if it was the Citizen Kain of films starring women. But as it was, it's like trying to rally people to go see the latest Wayan's Brothers flick because "White Chicks" was about girls kinda.

I don't really take stock in much of Faust's politwitter stuff. Partly because Twitter is a poor platform for real politics, and partly because if I really cared to hear why the media I consume makes me subconsciously sexist, there are places that have already beaten that drum so far out of shape that I honestly can't be bothered to listen anymore.

Mind, none of this means I dislike Faust, and I think most people do like her in this fandom. I just think her politics are pretty mundane, maybe even a little trite, given the current climate.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.