/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So all shitposting aside. How dead is the fandom? You don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1482733674696.png (11KB, 779x780px) Image search: [Google]
1482733674696.png
11KB, 779x780px
So all shitposting aside. How dead is the fandom? You don't see many mlp related things unless you go looking for them now. Everything from art to fics have slowed down and you don't see many people with mlp avatars anymore.
>>
>>29159952
youtube is killing the animators and reviewers and we are shrinking in numbers, slowing down pretty much everything
but the roleplay fandom is (slowly) still growing and the drawfriends are keeping up
>>
>>29159952
get me some sauce and I'll bring the fandom back to life.
>>
File: Prettu Princess.png (207KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Prettu Princess.png
207KB, 750x750px
>>29159952
Yo, OP, I got your back bro. Colourised version from a Drawthread I requested in a few months back.
>>
We're not dead, we've just gone underground because of our self-awareness. No one knows I'm still a brony, and it's better that way desu
>>
File: peetzer lol.jpg (55KB, 236x342px) Image search: [Google]
peetzer lol.jpg
55KB, 236x342px
>>29159952
>no rabid avatarfags
>less RP
>less 'reviewers'
How are these bad things
>>
>>29160213
pretty much this. the stuff is still mostly there, you just have to go looking for it rather than getting it shoved down your throat as soon as you open just about any website
>>
>>29160289
I don't know, kind of miss those days. But that's probably because I associate them with happier times.
>>
>>29160398
Same. I just wanted to point out that it's not like the fandom is dead and nothing is being produced anymore, it's just that the novelty wore off so people don't talk about it everywhere anymore, you have to go and look for that stuff by yourself.
>>
>>29159952
I'm pretty sure it isn't dying, it's just really close to death, I think the people who are in the fandom now are in it for the long haul, and unless by some miracle the coming movie does well like a lot of people here are hoping for myself included the fandom isn't gonna grow much bigger, maybe we'll get like a few dozen more horsefuckers on board before the end, but the end is neigh
relatively speaking obviously this show is a cash cow so I reckon the likelihood of another season after this coming one is likely, so long as they don't fuck up Chrysalis
>>
>>29159952
>So all shitposting aside
Says the shitposter.

No, I'm just yanking your chain OP. Anyway, the fandom isn't dead. Sure, its shrunk down. The initial shock that bronies were even a thing died down a long time ago. And as it gets older fewer and fewer new people are watching, and as artists and content creators stop producing their work no one replaces them. It's how fandoms work. The only people around now are newfags and diehard fans. And shitposters. They never die.

Besides, the fandom will never really die. It'll become virtually inactive, but with the internet fandoms never really go away. There's still a fandom for Kim Possible, a show on the fucking disney channel that ended 9 years ago and is (to the best of my knowledge) unavailable to watch online or purchase DvDs. There's probably a forum thread somewhere on the internet where people talk about a sitcom that only aired in 1967 for one year before being canceled. People still talk about Firefly all the time, and it had 15 episodes and a shitty movie.

The fandom nowadays is less of a bullet train and more of a 1860s passenger train. Someday it'll just be one of those things you see in cartoons with the pump deal on them, that're usually operated by one or two people, like the one Pinkie and Rarity use in S02E14 "The Last Roundup." A handcar, that's what they are called.
>>
>>29160753
True but also look at fandoms like the Trekies, those fuckers have been doing this for decades, and their show didn't even last nearly as long as ours has. (In the sense we have many more seasons then say the original Star Trek) I feel like we could enter that sort of state.
>>
>>29160213
>being a brony
For the best indeed
>>
>>29159952
Not at all dead.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.