[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that anyone who thinks Season 6 is terrible, not just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 36

File: IMG_4140.png (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4140.png
37KB, 600x600px
Reminder that anyone who thinks Season 6 is terrible, not just not as good but terrible, is actually proveably wrong and can't make a single coherent argument without relying on buzzwords and misremembering the rest of the show!

you literally can't prove me wrong
>>
>>29158883
Reminder gookmoot could've gotten rid of mobilefags but chose to do away with (you)'s instead.
>>
This is bait.
I mean, I agree.
But it's still bait.
>>
>>29158901
It's both bait and true. What does that make it?

....evolved bait?
>>
>>29158889
>mobilefag

Buzzwords utilized: 1
>>
>>29158883
>people who disagree with me are wrong
K.
>>
>>29158925
It's not a matter of disagreement. Every single argument I've seen for the fact that Season 6 is somehow the shittiest is simply incorrect.

>the characters are so mean to each other now!!!
Because friends never, EVER get into fights over stupid shit, and the characters have never done that before, right? Especially not in the first fucking Season (look before you sleep)

>le meme faces!!!!
This one is just retarded and needs no counter. People who think like this are retarded.

>Glimmer is stealing the show from the Mane 6!
She was literally the main character in like 4 stories (not individual episodes) this season.

>Fluttershy is such a bitch!
Thinking like this implies that you empathized with her NEET brother, which is a problem. Also, Fluttershy putting her hoof down against someone she loves =/= "being a bitch". Seriously, it's like you people have never interacted with real human beings before.

It's one thing to prefer other seasons over this one for personal reasons. I'm just saying that these viewpoints are objectively retarded and wrong. Sorry not sorry.
>>
>>29158977
You're objectively wrong man.
>>
>>29158883
There's a Season 6? I stopped at Season 4 episode 1
>>
File: FuckOff.png (350KB, 788x645px) Image search: [Google]
FuckOff.png
350KB, 788x645px
>>29158883
>>
File: IMG_4139.png (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4139.png
41KB, 600x600px
Reminder that anyone who thinks Season 6 is good, not just not terrible but good, is actually proveably wrong and can't make a single coherent argument without relying on buzzwords and misremembering the rest of the show!

you literally can't prove me wrong
>>
>>29158883
Reminder that no matter how many followers you may have, you're still 40, single, ugly, fat, bald and stoopid, Jim.

Enjoy spending New Year's Eve with your decrepit dog while we still get to spend it with our families and friends.
>>
The problem with season 6 is that lack of balance that clearly shows that seasonal rot has hit the show hard.

The balance between the mane 6 versus Spike and Glimmer is laughable. Spike and Glimmer absolutely stole the season while the mane 6 settled into uselessness, stagnation, or plain bad storytelling (Newbie Dash).

The writers thought they could improve the show by focusing on doing Spike right and making an interesting new character stand out. The problem is that Glimmer stood out so much that she felt incredibly forced. I think many would have loved Starlight Glimmer if she was just a small underdog in the show that got a few fun little moments, but she repeatedly got the spotlight for almost everything interesting in the whole season.

This is a huge problem when the writers are completely out of the ideas for the mane 6, especially Twilight who felt more like a plot device for Glimmer than an actual character. All of the other mane 6 episodes failed to make me interested in what they were doing because most of them added absolutely nothing to their character. Newbie Dash was just a travesty that shows the crew doesn't understand that characters achieving a longterm goal is an experience in itself, not just something to use to get to the next part of a story.

Everything feels really unimaginative and stale now except for their pet projects that just end up feeling forced among the lack interesting things in what actually made the show great in the first place.
>>
>>29159069
Well, thread's over, they did it.
Somehow
>>
>>29158883
Season 6 is terrible

I only watched the finale
>>
>>29159103
You only watched the finale?
But then... How can you?
Is that the joke?
>>
File: 1412990917119.png (577KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1412990917119.png
577KB, 1366x768px
Season six is the best season so far. Really.
>>
>>29159218
Hi Jim.
>>
File: rolleyes2.gif (961KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
rolleyes2.gif
961KB, 320x180px
>>29159069
>"This episode was mean to my waifu, therefor it was a bad episode"
>>
File: 1360811598842.jpg (16KB, 432x320px)
1360811598842.jpg
16KB, 432x320px
>>29159263
>I think that cringe humor is great, therefore people who don't like it are wrong because my opinions are facts
>>
>>29159283

I actually didn't mind Newbie Dash as a standalone episode. What I was trying to talk about was the problem of throwing away a long time character goal, condensing the achievement of it into a quick 1 minute intro.

I think a lot of people liked Crusaders of The Lost mark simply because of how it gave us the CMC achieving their character goal in a meaningful and surprising way.

A good comparison for Newbie Dash would be if Crusaders of the Lost Mark didn't exist but instead the CMC got their cutie marks in the first minute of On Your Marks.
>>
File: 1482876072643.jpg (8KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1482876072643.jpg
8KB, 250x238px
People who hate S6:

80% Boring 6 faggots aka anti glimmer autists butthurt that their meme waifus didn't get as much screen time as they usually do

20% bandwagoners trying to fit in
>>
>>29159311
Frogposters:

100% dumb frogposters.
>>
>Hasbro fucking up lore again with yet another shitty alicorn princess that they do nothing with.
>A shitty ripoff of a shitty ripoff of Trixie is 2nd main character.
>That shitty castle doesn't get destroyed.
>Thinking this season was good.
That is real retarded.
>>
>>29159308
>I actually didn't mind Newbie Dash as a standalone episode.
I did. I think that the three episodes written by Dave Rapp were equally terrible. All three of them were nothing but cringe humor, in all three of them you're supposed to laugh at someone who's having a bad time, I think that's something absolutely terrible to add to the show. But apparently you can't criticize Newbie Dash because then you're "le butthurt Dashfag xd", you can't criticize Flutter Butter because then "get a job, you NEET", and you can't criticize WtAL because apparently making a character absolutely stupid to justify that that character embraces one of the Elements of Harmony is "LORE", and you can't criticize an episode with "LORE". Dave Rapp a fucking shit.
>>
File: IMG_1533.jpg (742KB, 1067x2348px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1533.jpg
742KB, 1067x2348px
Friendly reminder that op is a fag looking for noexistant (you)s. Whether anyone )
(dis)-likes season six is just an opinion. I personally liked the fist half with one or two episodes being in the meh/not great category. And the second half being the total opposite. You can try and defend your opinions about what you love/hate but in the end, we're all a bunch of faggots and op is a slightly bigger one for trying to bait everyone without realizing he has a half valid point.
>>
File: 1468022895010.jpg (852KB, 1200x846px) Image search: [Google]
1468022895010.jpg
852KB, 1200x846px
I am excited for more Vogel episodes. Certainly the best new writer. And when he co-authors with Haber, he somehow more than cancels him out.
>>
>>29159379

What would you have wanted? Another Mary Sue episode where a main character gets her dick sucked over how great she is, and the resolution is some kind of shitty villain/issue of the week getting rekt by said Mary Sue activating her Harmony power, and the episode ends with everyone having a good ol' laugh?
>>
>>29159422
>"you literally can't write MLP episodes without using cringe humor"
Are you really that stupid? For real?

Wow.
>>
>>29159412
>Defends the Hasbro exec who can't even copy a much better writer without fucking up.
>Posts Twilicorn.
Yeah,as if you're really a standard /mlp/ Anon.
>>
>>29159439

I'm not the one arguing you can't use a certain kind of plot structure in this thread.
>>
>>29159504
Why, of course you can use cringe humor Dave, I'm saying that it's fucking shit. The fact that you have a different taste doesn't mean that I think that you're wrong. On the other hand, the fact that you literally said that if an episode doesn't use cringe humor then the characters are immediately Mary Sues means that you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>29159476
Vogel is a Hasbro exec? So he is.

This is excellent.
>>
>>29159355
> Ponies driving cars
>>
>>29158883
Closing your ears and screaming "I'm right you're wrong" is not an argument.
>>
>>29159540
Did you never bump into him during your breaks from your shifts posting here?
>>
File: jim miller.jpg (7KB, 94x92px) Image search: [Google]
jim miller.jpg
7KB, 94x92px
>>
>>29159555
Seasons 4-6 are all better than seasons 1-3 and Glimmer was seasonably the best thing to happen to the show.

/mlp/ is just trenchantly vested in a nostalgic paracosm of what never was.
>>
>>29159636
>I didn't like season 1 nor season 2, which means that I started watching a show I didn't like and I keep on watching it for more than 50 episodes I didn't like just to be part of a fandom because my measly life is empty without other people's approval
>>
File: ancap hasbro.png (429KB, 1136x1438px)
ancap hasbro.png
429KB, 1136x1438px
>>29159636
Wrong.

It all went to shit because of Hasbro.
>>
File: 1419835931627.png (189KB, 563x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1419835931627.png
189KB, 563x1024px
>>29159639
Desultory dolt, I never said I disliked any season.
>>
>>29159652
Nice damage control, bandwagoner.
>>
File: 1427769510505.jpg (98KB, 478x477px) Image search: [Google]
1427769510505.jpg
98KB, 478x477px
>>29159658
Moron, if I were a bandwagoner would I be of the opinions I expressed?
>>
>>29159683
>Bandwagons the standard Hasdrone opinion.
>Denies he's bandwagoning.
>>
>>29158883
I wanna fuck that angry wet purple mare
>>
File: Graduation.png (319KB, 802x643px) Image search: [Google]
Graduation.png
319KB, 802x643px
>>29159700
1) Conformity with an established school of thought does not entail conformity for its own sake.

2) I do not conform to your factitious faction; Twilicorn was the worst thing to happen to the show.

It's funny how your cursorily fallacious farcicality redirected the conversation from any semblance of substance.
>>
>>29159400
>Jim: "Adult fans don't get to pick and choose what we put it in this kids show"

ZOMG HOLY SHIT SO UR SAYING ITS JUST FOR LITTLE KIDS WOW JIM

>"that's not what I said"

HOOOOOLY SHIT JIM IS THROWING A TWITTER TANTRUM WOW DROPPED LMAO

Honestly, actually reading his tweets makes me realize that /mlp/ was fool of shit about this guy. What blatant, overblown hype over completely innocuous Tweets.
>>
>>29159940
Cool story Jim.
>>
I think they rely on the map too much.
>>
>>29158977
Are these even arguments people are making? The ponies barely interact with any conflict at all these days. Who's complaining that they fight too much? They even forgave Glimglam for mind-washing them right off the cuff. They didn't barely give a fuck. They even told her she'd come so far since the days she was brain-washing ponies.
>>
>>29160056
>They even forgave Glimglam for mind-washing them right off the cuff. They didn't barely give a fuck.
Found the memeposter. Glimmer didn't "mind wash" anyone, it was an accident and "they didn't give a fuck" is just false, the boring 6 were really annoyed and they even screamed at her and forced her to clean the castle even though she did nothing wrong. GTFO if you don't like the show, Faustfag, but stop lying about best pony.
>>
>>29160086
Garsh. You shure got me good there, anon.
>>
>>29160086
We found the glimmerfag every one.

>Glimmer didn't "mind wash" anyone, it was an accident

>Starlight Glimmer: Okay, Starlight. You've got this. A handful of friendship lessons is nothing compared to the spells you've mastered. [nervous laugh] Maybe if I cast a little spell to help things along... Something simple and safe. Fiducia Compelus... That's not bad. They would barely notice it, but... is it enough? Oh... Maybe Cogeria so they're more... open to suggestion. Oh, or maybe Cogeria combined with Fiducia Compelus! Yes, that could work nicely! Oh, with a hint of Persuadere to be sure it sticks.

>Starlight Glimmer: Cogeria... Persuadere... Fiducia... Hmm. Ah! Of course! Fiducia Compelus needs a trigger. Ponies! Hear my voice and listen!

But she didn't mind wash them on purpose guis, I-I swear :^)
>>
>>29160086
Absolutely pathetic false flag. Enjoy your ...........
>>
>>29160086
Every Little Thing is one of my favourite episodes and I am a Glimmerfag, but while she did not intend to completely mind-rape her friends, she absolutely intended mild mind-control.

But the heart of the matter wasn't her original intent, but her utter insouciance to what she did. She saw nothing wrong with it, and even after the matter was only concerned with how she could have more effectively mind-controlled her friends.

>>29160117
If he's a Glimmerfag I doubt there's any other as delusional as he. Most Glimmerfags correctly believe she's on the psychopathy spectrum.
>>
>>29160117
She didn't know what was going to happen you idiot.

>>29160123
What?
>>
>>29160127
>Glimmer is a psychopath
Nice meme.
>>
>>29160129
Your position is so ludicrous he believed you must be a false flagger.
>>
Why do people invest so much into what others here think? Who cares what the other dumbasses on this image board think.
>>
File: oh wait you're serious.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
oh wait you're serious.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>29159027
>friends
>>
>>29160129
(You)s are now replaced with dotted lines.

Hence, "enjoy your ..............."
>>
>>29160140
Fuck off Lector. Stop projecting your mental issues on Glimmer, anyone who isn't a fucking sociopath can clearly see that Glimmer isn't the "evil monster" you want to punish.

>>29160148
OK, I don't get it. Get back to your nostalgia thread and stop posting shit.
>>
>>29160129
If you're so sure she did know what was going to happen, then it should be simple to find such a claim in the transcript.

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Transcripts/Every_Little_Thing_She_Does
>>
>>29160164
>If you're so sure she did know what was going to happen
I said she DIDN'T, can you read, Faustfag?
>>
Make all of the Starlight Glimmer episodes Spike and/or Thorax episodes. Or at the very least make it so Trixie is always there. Two kinds of sociopaths who abused magic tend to balance each other out.
>>
File: IMG_4429.jpg (139KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4429.jpg
139KB, 400x400px
>>29160164
>>
>>29160168
I can read, but you have no proof that she didn't know what would happen if she brain washed them. I gave you the transcript buddy, go get yourself some proof.
>>
>>29160209
Of course I have no proof. You're the one claiming that she did it on purpose to control her friends, you should find a proof proving such claim. Obviously you can't prove shit because she didn't know what was going to happen, retard.
>>
Starlight Glimmer was definitely planning on doing something to make her friends more easily receptive to what she needed done. I don't think she expected the spell to be so extreme, though.

She probably intended to do what Cadance's talent is, magically defusing arguments.
>>
>>29160142
We come here for two things: content and discussion. The latter is, well, discussion.

>>29160161
I do not wish to punish her.

>>29160139
Maud is on the autistic spectrum, Pinkie is on the ADHD spectrum, Trixie is on the narcissism spectrum, and Glimmer is on the psychopathy spectrum.

She psychopathically manipulated an entire village for years in a cult of personality. But the real evidence lies in her behaviour even after her reformation: treating ponies like tools to be manipulated.

In No Second Prances, she nonchalantly mind-controlled Big Mac to make him loquacious and saw nothing wrong with this. In Every Little Thing, she mind-controlled her friends to expedite her goals. And what did she do subsequent seeing she had turned them into mindless slaves? Order them around, not a scruple. Even afterwards, she saw nothing wrong with what she did.

Whatever glimmer of conscience she has is strongly attenuated and awry. She tries to be good but has almost no moral compass for what goodness is. She knows she is like this; this is why she is afraid of taking leadership. She must learn a verisimilitude of empathic virtue analytically, akin to how a high-functioning autist can analytically learn social skills.

She is on the psychopathy spectrum.
>>
>>29160129
>She didn't know what would happen
That's worse isn't it? That's like a chemist mixing up a bunch of mind-altering drugs knowing that each one of them is a potent substance that is going to zonk you out and alter your personality, and they do so without any clear idea on how any of the drugs will really interact. Will it kill you? Cause brain damage? Glimmer had no idea. She was just throwing potent spells together, and in the end it obviously had some kind of physical effect because the ponies all developed terrible headaches like they'd suffered from alcohol poisoning.
>>
>>29160230
I already did, but if you want more then here

>Starlight Glimmer: Maybe if I had reversed the Fiducia Compelus and Cogeria... Or maybe I added too much Persuadere... What?

More proof that the spell she cast was on propose. a that's three headcanonfag, now it's your turn.
>>
>>29160242
>le ebin "no moral compass"
Kill yourself, she was sorry after what she did, how is that "not having a moral compass"?

>>29160252
No, it isn't worse, it means that she's innocent. If she didn't know what would happen, it was Twilight's responsibility to warn her. Twilight failed to do so, if you want to blame someone, blame her.
>>
>>29160279
So if I drop some meth in your whiskey in the assumption that it'll give you a positive kick while the whiskey keeps you mellow, I am innocent and the law would not prosecute me? Is that the logic you're using?

Because nobody else uses that logic.
>>
>>29160279
Kindly consider the following.

Twilight had to tell her it was wrong. She would not have realised it on her own. Anyone with a remotely developed moral compass would know that mind-controlling your friends is wrong, or at least feel regret after doing something like what Glimmer did. The only regret she felt manifested as, "How could I have mind-controlled them better?"

She also genuinely believed she was doing the right thing during her years subjugating ponies in Our Town. Anyone with a functional moral compass would know that locking dissidents in a brainwashing room for days is wrong.

Her nature does not make her an intrinsically bad pony. People are born psychopaths; she cannot help that she feels almost no empathy. To the pure-blooded psychopath, life is like being in an RPG in which everyone else is in NPC. But again, psychopathy is a spectrum, and she is not beyond hope. She just has to work harder to understand—or perhaps more accurately, emulate—the moralistic principles we take for granted.
>>
>>29160364
Nice strawman faggot.

>>29160381
>Twilight had to tell her it was wrong.
But that's not true.
>>
>>29160414
Like I said, even afterwards the only regret she felt manifested as, "How could I have mind-controlled them better?"

Starlight Glimmer:
>Maybe if I had reversed the Fiducia Compelus and Cogeria... Or maybe I added too much Persuadere... What?
Spike:
>You're really missing the point here.
Twilight Sparkle:
>[sighs] I finally untangled that mess of a spell and got everypony home. It was really powerful stuff. They're gonna feel that in the morning. Now please try to explain to me how in the name of Celestia things got this out of control.
Starlight Glimmer:
>Well, it was the first time I cast that particular spell, and I didn't fully think it through. I-I bet if I had reversed—
Twilight Sparkle:
>I think you might be missing the point here.
Spike:
>Told ya.
Twilight Sparkle:
>What made you think that casting a spell on your friends to do your bidding was even remotely a good idea?
Starlight Glimmer:
>Well, when you put it that way, it sounds really bad.
Twilight Sparkle:
>That's because it is really bad!
Starlight Glimmer:
>[stammering]
>>
>>29160414
>Nice strawman faggot.
It's not a strawman. I'm vaguely aware of what both meth and whiskey will do to a person, but I don't know what happens if I put meth in an alcoholic beverage and have you drink it. What if I only use a little meth?

There's desirable traits to both drugs, so maybe the bad effects will be canceled out and we'll only get the good effects. By your logic, me not knowing what the results will be makes me more innocent than if I did that to you while knowing the drug interactions and whether or not it would harm you more than I want to.
>>
>>29160469
Such a valid point. Starlight's a fucked up pony that needs years of therapy, not time spent where she can hurt more people by being an overpowered monster that makes fucking Broly look like a paragon of sanity and intelligence.
>>
>>29159541
> wooden carts are engine-powered cars

can someone explain this meme to me
>>
>>29158883
>says season 6 was good
>posts wingless Twilight
Season 6 is already passively taking a shit on your thread
>>
>>29160469
"Maybe I added TOO MUCH Persuadere." I can't see where's the "how could I have mind-controlled them better?" there, at least pretend you're trying.

>>29160521
It is a strawman because you're aware that meth is illegal, you idiot. You can't pretend that you don't know that using an illegal drug on someone else is good. This isn't remotely comparable to what Glimmer did. But I don't even know why I care, it's blatantly obvious that you glimmerhaters only care about your memes.
>>
>>29160632
>I can't see where's the "how could I have mind-controlled them better?"
I can't believe I have to spell this out, and I genuinely wonder if you're baiting me.

She is wondering if she added too much Persuadere because she wonders if the mind-control may have gone better if she had added less. Likewise with her other musings.

>Well, it was the first time I cast that particular spell, and I didn't fully think it through. I-I bet if I had reversed—

She is mentally working through the theory of how the mind-control might have gone better.
>>
>>29160697
>how the mind-control might have gone better.
Naturally, "better" as in how could have she used the spells for her friends to listen her instead of arguing with each other, not in "better" as in how could have she controlled her friends even more.
>>
Remembering when the show was good is like remembering when /b/ was good.

/b/ was never good.
>>
>>29160632
Methamphetamines aren't illegal you retard. They're used to treat ADD. Maybe I put them in your drink because I'm worried you don't pay attention! What if I'm a doctor who doesn't specialize in those particular types of medicines and I wrote you a prescription first! Why does me giving you medications without knowing or giving a fuck about their effects make me more innocent than if I got exactly the results I expected? if anything it just makes me dangerous and negligent!
>>
>>29160725
Correct, that is what I mean by "better" in this context. And it amounts to how to better mind-control them. We agree.

And they weren't arguing with each other, they were disagreeing with her plan.
>>
>>29160780
AFAIK, it is illegal to use controlled drugs without a proper prescription.
>>
>>29158883
I mean, you're not wrong. Nostalgia is a hell of a disease.
>>
>>29160792
I fail to see your previous point then. She wanted to do something "better", so she obviously regrets what she actually did, now we agree, but you just said that she didn't regret it. How is that? Are your memes so strong that you repeat them even if you think exactly the opposite?

She casts a spell too strong, she regrets it, the end. I see an accident and I see someone sorry about it. Your "psychopath" is nowhere to be found. Period.
>>
>>29160825
I just told you that in this hypothetical scenario, I have the authority to write a prescription, and I did so. Just like Glimglam apparently had the legal authority to use mind-altering magic on her friends.

Now tell me why it makes me innocent to fuck you over with random-ass mind-altering drugs if I don't know for sure what'll happen.

Stop dodging by acting like mind-control is cool just because it's apparently not rampantly illegal in Equestria, even though we all know it damn well should be.
>>
>>29160894
Maybe you have as weak a moral fibre as she.

*Casting a spell on your friends to make them do what you want is categorically wrong in the first place.*

The fact she completely failed to see this is what evinces her moral compass so tenuous.
>>
>>29158883

Starlight's backstory was shit.
>>
>>29160894
Oh my god, dude, shut up and think. You're arguing from a position of ignorance and you don't want to understand this, but until you can, you have no place in a debate or argument. Let me explain this for you in simpler terms.

Twilight told Starlight doing X (Mindcontrolling ponies) is wrong.

Starlight wondered if she could have done X better, maybe by making the mind control stronger, BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THAT MINDCONTROLLING IS WRONG...

Twilight: You're missing the fucking point! Mindcontrolling people is WRONG! I'm not pissed because you mindcontrolled people poorly, I'm pissed because YOU MINDCONTROLLED MY FRIENDS!
>>
File: 1365522919357.png (79KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1365522919357.png
79KB, 250x238px
>>29158883

>mfw there are actually people DEFENDING Starlight's actions in ELTSD

Glimmerfags, everyone.
>>
>>29160941
Hell.Yes. She has a flimsier reason to be evil than Doctor Doofenshmirtz. Even though he's a comedy villain and it's supposed to be funny when he tries to destroy all lawn gnomes. We're somehow supposed to take this bitch seriously when she WENT ON A MORAL CRUSADE AND MINDCONTROLLING/BRAINWASHING/CUTIE-MARK STEALING CRUSADE... AGAINST THE CONCEPTS OF INDIVIDUALITY, TALENT, AND ABILITY THEMSELVES. FUCKING CHRIST, HOW DOES SHE HAVE FANS? I FEEL LIKE I'VE BEEN TAKING CRAZY PILLS! WHY DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY BEING EVIL IS WRONG TO GLIMGLAM FANTARDS?
>>
>>29160967

>How does she have fans?

The same reason Chrysalis has fans. Because she's "sexy".
>>
>>29158917
You don't know what a buzz word is, do you? That is a meme. A buzzword is a word commonly used by normies and often featured on buzzfeed.
>>
>>29161012
Yeah. Fuck, at least you could argue that a murderous bughorse is sexy because "She eats love, and would be willing to fuck the love out of you", because she can turn into any pony you want and fuck you as them, and because "Magical changeling egg-injecting pseudopenis".

Starlight Glimmer has no redeeming qualities. The three singerfish were sexier and more confident, Starlight is a fucking SJW bitch. Trixie is cuter and more "Troubled" in a more likable way, Starlight's a retarded sociopath.

Maybe it's the "Equalism" thing, retards that can't function in a meritocracy often get a boner for anything that could lessen the gap between them and a full human.
>>
>>29158883
I don't need an argument. I just don't like it. I don't care enough about the show to argue in depth or remember everything about it.
>>
This place is beyond salvation
>>
>>29160601
> Cars clearly picking up speed
> Not just cars, but human shaped MODERN cars
> The race passes through Ponyville
> The race track forms a clover instead of being entirely downslope
> Even little kids can tell when a show is bullshitting them but here we are, putting up with adult men defending Jim and Haber's incompetence by damage controlling every time this fucking episode is brought up
>>
>>29162016
We still can save it if we kick out the shills and Jimbeciles.
>>
Glimmer is a beautiful intelligent psychopath trying to be good. I love her.

You shouldn't hate her for it. She is trying her best, and learning.

I think it's beautiful that the message is that even psychopaths can learn some verisimilitude of friendship.
>>
>>29159069
make mlp great again
>>
File: 1480388514269.png (198KB, 1024x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1480388514269.png
198KB, 1024x1126px
>>
>>29160935
>Casting a spell on your friends to make them do what you want is categorically wrong in the first place.
Of course it's wrong, but she didn't know that she was going to control her friends, she only cast the spell so they would stop arguing, otherwise they won't listen to her. If she had knew that she would control them like puppets, she wouldn't have done it, duh. It was an accident, therefore it's preposterous to talk about "moral compasses" here, there's no morality in an accident, dingus.

>>29160949
>namefag
>implying his opinion matters
Dear God, your hate blinds you. Starlight knew that what she had done was wrong before Twilight told her. She said "I added TOO MUCH Persuadere", for fuck's sake. If she had thought that everything was perfect and she had done nothing wrong, she wouldn't be thinking about her mistakes, fucking imbecile. Twilight isn't telling her that it was wrong, she was just pissed off because apparently other ponies must forgive her mistakes but Her Majesty is too uptight to forgive other ponies' mistakes. Quit your completely delusional "Glimmer is evil, she raped my waifu ;_;" and think for a second before talking more shit.
>>
File: 1483086914689.png (386KB, 533x639px)
1483086914689.png
386KB, 533x639px
>>
>>29164588
Do you legitimately have memory issues?
>>
>>29158883
I've watched very little of season six. Not because I don't want to, but more because of the fact that I rarely watch shows in general.
The three episodes I remember are the DnDish one, which I sort of liked, and the finale episodes, which I thought were pretty garbage. I feel like they didn't need to make them an entirely new race to redeem them, and it could have led to the really obvious "just because someone looks bad doesn't mean they are bad" episode later on.
Aside from the fact that they're poorly-designed, I felt it was kind of odd that to make them good they had to become essentially more pony than bug.
>>
>>29165911
>resorting to ad hominem
Way to go, Reddit. Seriously, why are hatefags so pathetic? Can't you admit that you're wrong?
>>
>>29165997
I was actually being serious.

There used to be this one anon here who needed to use a name due to chronic memory problems.
>>
File: 1478472357851.jpg (26KB, 329x313px) Image search: [Google]
1478472357851.jpg
26KB, 329x313px
>>29159263
Right, and if it was your waifu you sooooo wouldn't mind.

Waifus are powerful things. And news flash, no one likes shitty things happening to their favorite ponies. I bet you're no different.
>>
>>29159355
Haber fucked up lore, Haber fucked up Starlight, she was never a Hasbro mandate. If you never place the correct blame nothing will get fixed.
>>
>>29159412
> Certainly the best new writer.
But ELTSD was fucking abysmal.
>>
File: 1463361651444.png (253KB, 500x350px)
1463361651444.png
253KB, 500x350px
>>29160086
>Brainwashing isn't brainwashing if you didn't mean to do it
Stop posting anytime.
>>
>>29158883
Op shat in Twilight's hayfries and triggered Twilight's supermegaloautismo abilities.

The world is now in extreme danger, and there is little we can do but autismo back.
>>
>>29166699
>>29166714
>samefagging this hard
Fuck off, glimmerhater.
>>
File: 1477371927279.gif (1MB, 498x229px) Image search: [Google]
1477371927279.gif
1MB, 498x229px
>>29166727
>glimmerhater
Oh, you're one of those adorable little nutcases who thinks people who don't like what you do like are just meming, aren't you? The ones who can't accept people have genuine reasons for disliking things?
>>
File: Glim.jpg (51KB, 600x600px)
Glim.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
>>29166772
>doesn't like the show
>posts Chinese cartoons instead of ponies
Why are you here, again?
>>
File: 1468868448384.png (111KB, 606x552px) Image search: [Google]
1468868448384.png
111KB, 606x552px
>>29166794
>Implying "le fan of the fandumb" maymay as if it means something anymore when the show is this shitty
K
>>
>>
>>29166690
>She was never a Hasbro mandate.
As a villain she's a bad ripoff of Sunset, which was a Hasbro mandate.
She only exists as a good guy because the writers were in a corner with the formerly good character of Twilight being completely fucked up by Hasbro and needed a quick fix.

She only exists because of Hasbro, and if all of the S1 staff were doing S6, they'd also not be able to turn out anything better.

Starburst on the other hand, you can argue exists from the writers only.
>>
File: IMG_4435.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4435.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>29162075
>we can still save it if we kick out the people who like the show and don't get bothered by stupid petty shit, leaving only the most autistic, whiny, insufferable faggots behind

FTFY
>>
>>29167376
She was an unicorn whose only talent was to steal cutie marks. It was Haber and not Hasbro who decided to make her a completely OP Mary Sue. It was Haber and not Hasbro who decided to make her motivations stupid. It was Haber and not Hasbro who decided to make her a psychopath who has no place in a show like this. But whatever makes you happy, man.
>>
>>29158908
Advanced bait.
>>
>>29167429
Her current state isn't about who's writing-since the best possible and most likely outcome would have been redeemed in S5 and never seen again, like Gilda or Trixie (before they lazily decided to pretend the whole "I forgive you" part from Magic Duel never happened)-it about the fact that last socially awkward and magially talented unicorn was murdered and had her home burned to the ground, both literally if we're going by Larson's word.

And even he would have shat out the same crap character in these circumstances and earned being a figure of scorn, since in S4 everyone was clapping like seals for Haber, and before you deny it, http://is.4chan.org/mlp/1483146452552.png.
>>
>>29167429
It was Jim Miller who agreed to greenlight that shit instead of trying to oppose to it.

It was Jim Miller toe one who said "It's only a cartoon for little girls" when his ebig bizion :DDD failed to impress anyone with any working brain.
>>
>>29167376
The writers were the one who trashed the Elements of Harmony, they were the ones who put Twilight on a pedastal and left the Mane 5 in the dirt.
>>
>>29167549
>The writers left the mane5 in the dirt.
Do you really think the mandates at the end of S3 from above (or more accurately below, what with down being where hell and demons are) could have caused anything besides that to be the end results from their scripts?
>>
>>29167583
Absolutely, especially with Rainbow Power basically giving them Super Saiyam forms only for the writers to instantly forget that. Princess Twilight was one mandate, yet the writers have been killing off the Mane 5 since the end of S2 making them absolutely useless. That's their fault. So even before Twilicorn they were already starting to get shit. Especially thanks to McCarthy.
>>
>>29167542
I think if anything, we’ve established that there’s a lot of blame to go around. Absolutely everybody who should’ve spoken up stayed silent. Absolutely everybody who could’ve stopped it, didn’t.
>>
>>29167653
Well which candidate is the Princip of this giant tinderbox light-up?
>>
>>29167653
Jim Miller has been working on FiM since S01. He could have stopped the rot and restored the good when he became director, but instead he chose to turn FiM into Ed, Edd n' Eddy so everyone could tell HE was on control now.

As far I'm concerned, Jim Miller is the main culprit here and practically ALL the blame can be pinned on him.
>>
>>29167653
I agree with this.
>>
>>29167778
>He could have stopped the rot.
And just how could he have said "don't give Twilight a brother, princesshood, an ugly castle, a DA OC niece/pinkie a single joke sister/etc." and be listened to, nevermind lose his job?
>>
>>29167840
He became director on S06

Adding Flurryheart to the cast and making Starlight Glimmer a mare sue were both his ideas, anon.
>>
File: 1377225506929.png (151KB, 250x250px)
1377225506929.png
151KB, 250x250px
>>29158883
Oh look. It's another "PROVE ME WRONG THREAD."

And the autist's can't stand anyone being wrong, so they have to compulsively correct them rather than assuming that OP is in (You) deprivation so he has to go to more obvious measures to get his fix. Sadly, it still works.

Also, put down that keyboard. I made that typo on purpose, autists. Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>29159940
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.