[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hang on, hang on If Nightmare Night is a celebration of Nightmare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: latest[1].png (460KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
460KB, 1280x720px
Hang on, hang on

If Nightmare Night is a celebration of Nightmare Moon, and the yearly tradition is to offer treats to a literal statue of her, then how in the blue blazes did no pony in Ponyville know who she was when she invaded?

I can get Celestia dismissing her as a Mare's tale, but that statue was pretty true to form and they clearly knew of Nightmare Moon
>>
File: 1480097204990.gif (571KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
1480097204990.gif
571KB, 120x120px
Holy fucking shit my dude
>>
>>29157839
Thousand years dude.
>>
>>29157839
Because Larson fucked up.

I thought we all agreed that was what happened by 2012.
>>
>>29157839
Yes, it's a plot hole; but nobody recognising her in the season 1 premiere is unimportant. It's only done so Twilight can announce to the crowd "you're the made in the moon, nightmare moon!". The fact that Twilight knew and no one else did is baffling anyway; they knew her from myth, but you'd still recognise her even if you only knew her from myth.
>>
File: latest[1].png (631KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
631KB, 1280x720px
>>29157945
Yet the tale still lived on, as did the tradition of offering Nightmare Moon sweets it seems. 1000 years doesn't really mean anything when there's a statue of her in the present.

>>29157989
Did they know of the myth though? It seemed more like one of the forgotten ones that Twilight stumbled upon, but that said if they celebrate her every year, you'd think they heard of the 'myth' too

If Twilight hadn't spoken up and been the one to oust Nightmare Moon, it's possible the Main 6 never would go to her treehouse to find out why she knew so much
>>
>>29157839
It's Season 2. Anything past Best Night Ever ISN"T CANON.

I will never understand this entire fandom sucking S2's dick and retardedly saying "It's improved", was this your way of coping and lying to yourselves that the show ended prematurely with just 1 season?
>>
>>29157839
>MLP writers
>consistency
You can only have one.
>>
>>29157839
Stop assuming the writers are good at their jobs.
>>
>>29158085
>implying anything past Friendship is Magic (part 1) is canon
>>
Maybe they didn't know what she actually looked like and the statue up there was only formed after she came

But then again Twilight knew from just reading the book so eh
>>
>>29158291
>implying anything besides G 3.5 is canon
>>
>>29157839
The show was always bad.
>>
>>29157839
It's a plot hole.
The writers were never good at their jobs in terms of lore consistency, what with lore only existing to create a plot and then get discarded.
>>
>>29157839
We may never explain this mystery.
>>
>>29157839
maybe that statue was build after the events of the first episode, and the statue is the only reason why anyone would recognize her. Not only that, maybe the nightmare night tradition was starting to lose steam, as in they dressed up and distributed candy but didn't care anymore WHY they did those things until Luna literally came back

Or the writers are hacks, whatever
>>
File: full[1].jpg (142KB, 1100x618px) Image search: [Google]
full[1].jpg
142KB, 1100x618px
>>29160986
"Every year, we put on a disguise, to save ourselves from her searching eyes.
Nightmare Moon wants just one thing: to gobble up ponies in one quick swing!
Hungrily, she soars the sky. If she sees nopony, she passes by. So if she comes and all is clear, Equestria is safe another year!"

Sounds like they do it every year desu. Plus, it wasn't exactly hard to find out what Nightmare Moon looked like, it's a Mare's tale so you'd think most would have heard it.

And even if they hadn't, those planning Nightmare Night surely would have heard of the tale.

No one in Ponyville seemed to know anything about Nightmare Moon even after Twilight said it was her
>>
>>29157839
it's a mystery
>>
>>29157839
Everyone believed she was a legend, Anon. If you found a statue of a mythical creature would you say "Cool statue," or would you believe there really are cyclops, dragons, and what not roaming around?
>>
File: 1297791383169.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1297791383169.gif
2MB, 640x360px
How can magic be real if our horns aren't real?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.